|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the witches refuse to give the ruler of Fairyland?
(a) An exit from Fairyland.
(b) Control over every place in Fairyland.
(c) Control over the day of her death.
2. What way does September choose?
(a) To lose her family.
(b) To lose her mind.
(c) To lose her heart.
(d) To not choose.
3. Where is the Barleybroom River?
(a) No where; it does not exist.
(b) On the boundary of Pandemonium.
(c) In a field near the house of Truth.
(d) In a dream September has.
4. Who does September hear calling?
(a) Green Wind.
(c) The purple leopard.
(d) Her mother.
5. What is the Briary?
(a) The home of the guardian.
(b) The home of the Marquess.
(c) A park in Pandemonium.
(d) Ell's grandfather's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what do they use the sash from the Green Jacket?
2. Where does September tell Ell she is going?
3. What do Ell and September come upon after a long day of travel?
4. What are the gardens like surrounding the Briary?
5. What does September find in her pocket?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Queen Mallow construct the city of Pandemonium?
2. Who is Calpurnia Farthing and whom has she rescued?
3. What does September not do as she is leaving home and what is the explanation given for her not doing so?
4. Who wakes September after a quiet night's sleep and what do the two say to each other?
5. Describe the exchange between the Marquess and September concerning the Spoon.
6. What does Saturday suggest as a mode of rapid transportation?
7. How does September lose her shadow?
8. What does September ask the Green Wind and how does the Leopard answer the question?
9. Who is in the lobster cage; why is he in the cage and what can he do?
10. How does September leave home and what does she leave behind?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)