|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ell and September come upon after a long day of travel?
(a) The House of Crooked Gables.
(b) The Seven Houses of the Nine Drawfs.
(c) The House without Warning.
(d) The House that warns ahead.
2. About what does September worry concerning Ell?
(a) That he will not like Thursday.
(b) That he will tell their secrets.
(c) That he thinks badly of her.
(d) That he will not keep up.
3. What does one of the women want September to retrieve from the ruler of Fairyland?
(a) Her magic Spoon.
(b) Her magic Mirror.
(c) Her magic Wand.
(d) Her magic Broom.
4. To whom does The Marquess compare herself?
(a) The King.
(b) The Queen.
(d) September's mother.
5. What does Ell say will find them?
(a) Their guide.
(b) A means of transportation.
(c) Their destiny.
(d) A list of instructions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might speed their journey along?
2. What is said about September to convince the customs agent to let her in?
3. How old is September?
4. What question does The Marquess ask September?
5. What can a Marid do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does September ask the Green Wind and how does the Leopard answer the question?
2. Describe the conversation between Lye and September.
3. What dreams do September and Death discuss?
4. What does Ell tell September about Pandemonium and why doesn't he know much?
5. How can September help Ell?
6. What happens as September runs out of the Worsted Wood and how is she when she reaches Mercurio?
7. Who are the Tsukumogami and what do they do to September?
8. What does Saturday suggest as a mode of rapid transportation?
9. In how many directions does the signpost point; what are September's choices, and what does she decide?
10. Who arrives to greet the visitors to Autumn and what is special about them?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)