|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of two women September encounters?
(a) When and How.
(b) Who and What.
(c) Hello and Goodbye.
(d) Up and Down.
2. What way does September choose?
(a) To lose her mind.
(b) To lose her family.
(c) To not choose.
(d) To lose her heart.
3. What portrait is in the hall where September finds herself?
(a) A young, spoiled child.
(b) A handsome king.
(c) A young centaur.
(d) A beautiful queen.
4. Where is September's home?
(a) Kansas City, Missouri.
(b) North Platte, Nebraska.
(c) Tulsa, Oklahoma.
(d) Omaha, Nebraska.
5. Why were musicians attacked at a concert?
(a) For refusing to play the Fairyland national anthem.
(b) For maligning Queen Mallow.
(c) For maligning the Marquess.
(d) For paying a tribute to Queen Mallow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Marid?
2. Why doesn't September seem to mind leaving home?
3. What is said about September to convince the customs agent to let her in?
4. Who is Penny?
5. What might speed their journey along?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Queen Mallow construct the city of Pandemonium?
2. What does September ask the Green Wind and how does the Leopard answer the question?
3. What does Goodbye offer to do in exchange for what?
4. Describe the exchange between the Marquess and September concerning the Spoon.
5. What does Ell tell September about Pandemonium and why doesn't he know much?
6. Where does the red carpet lead September and Ell and what do they watch?
7. How does September lose her shadow?
8. How is September feeling after leaving the Briary and where does she find Ell?
9. Who is the customs agent and what does she do?
10. What is September contemplating when interrupted by the Marquess, and what does the Marquess say about September's journey?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)