|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the Marquess?
(a) Twenty years older than September.
(b) A couple years younger than September.
(c) No older than September.
(d) Several years older than September.
2. What is she really seeing?
(a) Thin layers of construction paper.
(b) She does not know.
(c) Small pieces of silver and bronze woven together.
(d) Fairy gold.
3. Why is the person imprisoned in the lobster cage?
(a) The person has committed a very heinous crime.
(b) As a way of testing the person's power.
(c) As punishment.
(d) So the Marquess can use the person's power.
4. How do Ell and September pay for the fare?
(a) With a crystal.
(b) With a riddle.
(c) There is no fare.
(d) With stones from the scepter.
5. What does September do with the Spoon?
(a) Free Monday.
(b) Free Sunday.
(c) Free Thursday.
(d) Free Saturday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does The Marquess offer September?
2. Why does September wonder why she was chosen?
3. What must happen to all travelers before going into Pandemonium?
4. Who lives at the house they come upon?
5. What are the gardens like surrounding the Briary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What must all travelers do, and what does Lye wash into September?
2. What does Saturday suggest as a mode of rapid transportation?
3. What is September contemplating when interrupted by the Marquess, and what does the Marquess say about September's journey?
4. Where does the red carpet lead September and Ell and what do they watch?
5. Why does Betsy allow September to enter but not her companions?
6. Who wakes September after a quiet night's sleep and what do the two say to each other?
7. What has Ell memorized and how does he get the name September chooses for him?
8. How does Queen Mallow construct the city of Pandemonium?
9. What does September decide about Saturday; what does Iago decide about Ell and what is Ell's response?
10. How is September feeling after leaving the Briary and where does she find Ell?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)