|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wakes September the next day?
(a) A large dragonfly.
(b) A wyvern.
(c) A miniature lion.
(d) A miniature elephant.
2. What does Ell ask September?
(a) Where she got her new shoes.
(b) Why she is helping the Marquess.
(c) If she knows where they are going.
(d) What her real name is.
3. Who is missing?
(a) Good Queen Mallow.
(b) Old King Teller.
(c) Old Queen Tallow.
(d) Good King Mellow.
4. Where is the magical item The Marquess wishes to possess?
(a) In a casket.
(b) In a cave.
(c) In a wishing well.
(d) On the bottom of the whirlpool.
5. What is the name of the witches' husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Marid?
2. To where does Calpurnia offer to accompany the group?
3. What does September pick up as she is walking which she thinks may come in useful?
4. What do the witches say they can see?
5. Why is the person imprisoned in the lobster cage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is on the shores of the Barleybroom River and what are they waiting to do?
2. What has Ell memorized and how does he get the name September chooses for him?
3. What is required by Longitude and Latitude when September reaches the gateway to Fairyland, and then what does September do after completing the requirements for entering Fairyland?
4. How is September feeling after leaving the Briary and where does she find Ell?
5. Who are the witches September encounters and what do they do with her?
6. How does September lose her shadow?
7. How does Queen Mallow construct the city of Pandemonium?
8. What does Ell tell September about Pandemonium and why doesn't he know much?
9. What must all travelers do, and what does Lye wash into September?
10. Who is Calpurnia Farthing and whom has she rescued?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)