|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the Marquess?
(a) Twenty years older than September.
(b) Several years older than September.
(c) No older than September.
(d) A couple years younger than September.
2. What do Ell and September come upon after a long day of travel?
(a) The Seven Houses of the Nine Drawfs.
(b) The House without Warning.
(c) The House of Crooked Gables.
(d) The House that warns ahead.
3. Who follows September into Fairyland?
(a) No one.
(b) The Panther of Great Winds.
(c) The Leopard of Small Breezes.
(d) The Jeweled Key.
4. What are the names of two women September encounters?
(a) Hello and Goodbye.
(b) When and How.
(c) Who and What.
(d) Up and Down.
5. What is cut from September?
(a) Her right ear.
(b) Her ring finger.
(c) Her shadow.
(d) Her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does September's future look?
2. Who is Penny?
3. What are the Glashtyn?
4. Where is the magical item The Marquess wishes to possess?
5. Why is the person imprisoned in the lobster cage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the exchange between the Marquess and September concerning the Spoon.
2. Why does Betsy allow September to enter but not her companions?
3. What is required by Longitude and Latitude when September reaches the gateway to Fairyland, and then what does September do after completing the requirements for entering Fairyland?
4. Who are the witches September encounters and what do they do with her?
5. What does Ell tell September about Pandemonium and why doesn't he know much?
6. How does Queen Mallow construct the city of Pandemonium?
7. What is September contemplating when interrupted by the Marquess, and what does the Marquess say about September's journey?
8. Who is the customs agent and what does she do?
9. Who is on the shores of the Barleybroom River and what are they waiting to do?
10. What has Ell memorized and how does he get the name September chooses for him?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)