|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where must the travelers pass through in order to get to Pandemonium?
(a) The house of seven roofs.
(b) The house of Nine Crooks.
(c) Lye's house.
(d) Truth's house.
2. Who is Iago?
(a) A young boy whom September meets just after leaving the Briary.
(b) The Marquess' brother.
(c) A unicorn September meets just after leaving the Briary.
(d) The Marquess' panther.
3. How is September taken from her home?
(a) With great trauma.
4. What does Ell ask September?
(a) Where she got her new shoes.
(b) If she knows where they are going.
(c) Why she is helping the Marquess.
(d) What her real name is.
5. Who speaks directly to September from the film?
(a) Green Wind.
(b) The Marquess.
(c) King Tallow.
(d) Queen Mallow.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Calpurnia offer to accompany the group?
2. Why would Ell like to go on an adventure?
3. Where is September swimming for her life?
4. Where is the Barleybroom River?
5. Where does their path take Ell and September?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the exchange between the Marquess and September concerning the Spoon.
2. What does Ell tell September about Pandemonium and why doesn't he know much?
3. How is September feeling after leaving the Briary and where does she find Ell?
4. Who is Calpurnia Farthing and whom has she rescued?
5. What does September decide about Saturday; what does Iago decide about Ell and what is Ell's response?
6. Who is in the lobster cage; why is he in the cage and what can he do?
7. What is required by Longitude and Latitude when September reaches the gateway to Fairyland, and then what does September do after completing the requirements for entering Fairyland?
8. What is September contemplating when interrupted by the Marquess, and what does the Marquess say about September's journey?
9. Where is September swimming and what is the shore like when she gets to it?
10. How does September leave home and what does she leave behind?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)