|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is September taken from her home?
(b) With great trauma.
2. Who is the ruler of the place where September is going?
(a) The Duck.
(b) The Sandman.
(c) The Marquess.
(d) The Queen.
3. What is she really seeing?
(a) She does not know.
(b) Thin layers of construction paper.
(c) Small pieces of silver and bronze woven together.
(d) Fairy gold.
4. What is sprayed into September's eyes?
(b) Sparkles to make them shine.
(c) Pigment to change the color of them.
(d) Magical goo.
5. Who wakes September the next day?
(a) A large dragonfly.
(b) A wyvern.
(c) A miniature lion.
(d) A miniature elephant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does September think she is seeing when she spies the shore?
2. Where does September tell Ell she is going?
3. Who is Iago?
4. Why is the person imprisoned in the lobster cage?
5. Who is disguised as a giant gargoyle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does September not do as she is leaving home and what is the explanation given for her not doing so?
2. What does September decide about Saturday; what does Iago decide about Ell and what is Ell's response?
3. Where does the red carpet lead September and Ell and what do they watch?
4. How is September feeling after leaving the Briary and where does she find Ell?
5. In how many directions does the signpost point; what are September's choices, and what does she decide?
6. How does September lose her shadow?
7. Why does Betsy allow September to enter but not her companions?
8. What does Ell tell September about Pandemonium and why doesn't he know much?
9. What does September ask the Green Wind and how does the Leopard answer the question?
10. How does Queen Mallow construct the city of Pandemonium?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)