|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of two women September encounters?
(a) Who and What.
(b) When and How.
(c) Up and Down.
(d) Hello and Goodbye.
2. What doesn't September do as she is leaving home?
(a) Wave goodbye.
(c) Eat breakfast.
(d) Brush her teeth.
3. What is she really seeing?
(a) She does not know.
(b) Fairy gold.
(c) Small pieces of silver and bronze woven together.
(d) Thin layers of construction paper.
4. What does The Marquess offer September?
(a) The Spoon.
(b) A unicorn to ride.
(d) A golden crown.
5. What is accidentally left behind?
(a) September's hat.
(b) A glove.
(c) A sock.
(d) One shoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does September promise to do when she goes to Pandemonium?
2. Where is the magical item The Marquess wishes to possess?
3. Why is the person imprisoned in the lobster cage?
4. What is the guardian called?
5. What do the witches say they can see?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the customs agent and what does she do?
2. How does Queen Mallow construct the city of Pandemonium?
3. What does September decide about Saturday; what does Iago decide about Ell and what is Ell's response?
4. How does September lose her shadow?
5. Who is on the shores of the Barleybroom River and what are they waiting to do?
6. What does Goodbye offer to do in exchange for what?
7. What does Ell tell September about Pandemonium and why doesn't he know much?
8. Who is in the lobster cage; why is he in the cage and what can he do?
9. In how many directions does the signpost point; what are September's choices, and what does she decide?
10. Describe the conversation between Lye and September.
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)