Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is cut from September?
(a) Her ring finger.
(b) Her right ear.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her shadow.
2. What do the witches say they can see?
(a) The present.
(b) The heart.
(c) The future.
(d) The past.
3. What are the Glashtyn?
(a) Men with jackal heads.
(b) Men with horses' heads.
(c) Women with eagle heads.
(d) Women with ostrich heads.
4. Why does Ell refuse to fly?
(a) He is afraid of the Marquess.
(b) He does not know how.
(c) He is afraid of heights.
(d) Because others of his kind cannot.
5. What do Ell and September follow to find their destination?
(a) A carpet of flowers.
(b) A carpet of red cloth.
(c) A red brick walkway.
(d) A path of bread crumbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who returns to the Briary?
2. Who takes September from her home?
3. Where is the magical item The Marquess wishes to possess?
4. Who is imprisoned in the lobster cage?
5. What are the names of two women September encounters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the exchange between the Marquess and September concerning the Spoon.
2. Where does the red carpet lead September and Ell and what do they watch?
3. What is required by Longitude and Latitude when September reaches the gateway to Fairyland, and then what does September do after completing the requirements for entering Fairyland?
4. What happens as September runs out of the Worsted Wood and how is she when she reaches Mercurio?
5. What does September ask the Green Wind and how does the Leopard answer the question?
6. What dreams do September and Death discuss?
7. What does Gleam learn of Saturday and Ell?
8. What is the Casket and who made it?
9. Who is on the shores of the Barleybroom River and what are they waiting to do?
10. Describe the conversation between September and the shark.
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)