|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is cut from September?
(a) Her shadow.
(b) Her right ear.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her ring finger.
2. What way does September choose?
(a) To lose her mind.
(b) To lose her family.
(c) To not choose.
(d) To lose her heart.
3. How old is September?
4. What does one of the women want September to retrieve from the ruler of Fairyland?
(a) Her magic Broom.
(b) Her magic Mirror.
(c) Her magic Wand.
(d) Her magic Spoon.
5. To where does Calpurnia offer to accompany the group?
(a) To the centerpoint of the Worsted Wood.
(b) To the edge of the equinox.
(c) To the rim of the volcano.
(d) No where.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one choice September can make?
2. How do Ell and September pay for the fare?
3. For what do they use the sash from the Green Jacket?
4. Where does September tell Ell she is going?
5. What is another name for bicycle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is in the lobster cage; why is he in the cage and what can he do?
2. Describe the conversation between Lye and September.
3. What must all travelers do, and what does Lye wash into September?
4. What does September ask the Green Wind and how does the Leopard answer the question?
5. Where does the red carpet lead September and Ell and what do they watch?
6. How is September feeling after leaving the Briary and where does she find Ell?
7. Who is on the shores of the Barleybroom River and what are they waiting to do?
8. What has Ell memorized and how does he get the name September chooses for him?
9. What does Ell tell September about Pandemonium and why doesn't he know much?
10. How does September lose her shadow?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)