|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does September pick up as she is walking which she thinks may come in useful?
(a) Glass slippers.
(b) A set of ruby earrings.
(c) A diamond bracelet.
(d) A jeweled septer.
2. What is the guardian called?
(a) A Switchpoint.
(b) The Keeper of the Scroll.
(c) A Point of Contact.
(d) The Bumbler Point.
3. Upon whose back is September put?
(a) The Lion of Gale Force.
(b) The Panther of Great Winds.
(c) The Leopard of Little Breezes.
(d) The Elephant of Gentle Breezes.
4. Why does Ell refuse to fly?
(a) He does not know how.
(b) He is afraid of the Marquess.
(c) He is afraid of heights.
(d) Because others of his kind cannot.
5. Who takes September from her home?
(a) Red Wind.
(b) Yellow Earth.
(c) Green Water.
(d) Green Wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does The Marquess ask September?
2. Who lives at the house they come upon?
3. What is she really seeing?
4. What is sprayed into September's eyes?
5. Who wakes September the next day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Betsy allow September to enter but not her companions?
2. What does Goodbye offer to do in exchange for what?
3. Where is September swimming and what is the shore like when she gets to it?
4. Who is in the lobster cage; why is he in the cage and what can he do?
5. In how many directions does the signpost point; what are September's choices, and what does she decide?
6. Who are the witches September encounters and what do they do with her?
7. Who is Calpurnia Farthing and whom has she rescued?
8. What must all travelers do, and what does Lye wash into September?
9. Describe the conversation between Lye and September.
10. What does September ask the Green Wind and how does the Leopard answer the question?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)