|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doesn't September do as she is leaving home?
(b) Wave goodbye.
(c) Eat breakfast.
(d) Brush her teeth.
2. What is cut from September?
(a) Her right ear.
(b) Her ring finger.
(c) Her shadow.
(d) Her hair.
3. What are the Glashtyn?
(a) Men with horses' heads.
(b) Men with jackal heads.
(c) Women with ostrich heads.
(d) Women with eagle heads.
4. How do the two get into where they are?
(a) Ask by saying "please."
(b) More gems from the scepter.
(c) They have been expected and are ushered right in.
(d) They sneak in the back door.
5. Why is the person imprisoned in the lobster cage?
(a) So the Marquess can use the person's power.
(b) As a way of testing the person's power.
(c) The person has committed a very heinous crime.
(d) As punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can a Marid do?
2. What do the witches say they can see?
3. Upon whose back is September put?
4. What is a Marid?
5. Why doesn't September seem to mind leaving home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Saturday suggest as a mode of rapid transportation?
2. What does September ask the Green Wind and how does the Leopard answer the question?
3. How does September lose her shadow?
4. What is required by Longitude and Latitude when September reaches the gateway to Fairyland, and then what does September do after completing the requirements for entering Fairyland?
5. What does Goodbye offer to do in exchange for what?
6. In how many directions does the signpost point; what are September's choices, and what does she decide?
7. Who wakes September after a quiet night's sleep and what do the two say to each other?
8. Where is September swimming and what is the shore like when she gets to it?
9. Who is the customs agent and what does she do?
10. Who is Calpurnia Farthing and whom has she rescued?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)