|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does September wonder why she was chosen?
(a) She believes there are many who are better than she is.
(b) She has no mother.
(c) She does not feel special enough.
(d) She has no father.
2. What way does September choose?
(a) To lose her heart.
(b) To lose her mind.
(c) To not choose.
(d) To lose her family.
3. What is said about September to convince the customs agent to let her in?
(a) That September's father is King of the Ogres.
(b) That September is always falling.
(c) That September is one of the numbered few.
(d) That September is one of the ravished.
4. Why were musicians attacked at a concert?
(a) For paying a tribute to Queen Mallow.
(b) For maligning Queen Mallow.
(c) For maligning the Marquess.
(d) For refusing to play the Fairyland national anthem.
5. How do the two get into where they are?
(a) Ask by saying "please."
(b) They have been expected and are ushered right in.
(c) More gems from the scepter.
(d) They sneak in the back door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes September from her home?
2. What does Ell say will find them?
3. Who is disguised as a giant gargoyle?
4. Where is September swimming for her life?
5. How was the city of Pandemonium made?
Short Essay Questions
1. In how many directions does the signpost point; what are September's choices, and what does she decide?
2. Why does Betsy allow September to enter but not her companions?
3. Where does the red carpet lead September and Ell and what do they watch?
4. What does Saturday suggest as a mode of rapid transportation?
5. Who are the witches September encounters and what do they do with her?
6. What does September decide about Saturday; what does Iago decide about Ell and what is Ell's response?
7. How does September leave home and what does she leave behind?
8. What is September contemplating when interrupted by the Marquess, and what does the Marquess say about September's journey?
9. How does Queen Mallow construct the city of Pandemonium?
10. What does Goodbye offer to do in exchange for what?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)