|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can a Marid do?
(a) Change the past.
(b) Grant wishes.
(c) Change shapes.
(d) Change colors.
2. Where is the magical item The Marquess wishes to possess?
(a) In a wishing well.
(b) On the bottom of the whirlpool.
(c) In a cave.
(d) In a casket.
3. What does The Marquess offer September?
(a) A golden crown.
(b) A unicorn to ride.
(c) The Spoon.
4. Who is disguised as a giant gargoyle?
(a) Betsy Basilstock.
(b) The Duck.
(c) The Marquess.
(d) The Sandman.
5. Through how many washes does September go?
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon whose back is September put?
2. What might speed their journey along?
3. Where does the sign post point?
4. What is a Marid?
5. Who wakes September the next day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Goodbye offer to do in exchange for what?
2. Describe the exchange between the Marquess and September concerning the Spoon.
3. What is the House the two come upon and who lives there?
4. What does September decide about Saturday; what does Iago decide about Ell and what is Ell's response?
5. What has Ell memorized and how does he get the name September chooses for him?
6. How does September lose her shadow?
7. How is September feeling after leaving the Briary and where does she find Ell?
8. Where is September swimming and what is the shore like when she gets to it?
9. Who is the customs agent and what does she do?
10. How does Queen Mallow construct the city of Pandemonium?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)