|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Marid?
(a) A bridge troll.
(b) A wood nymph.
(c) An earth sprite.
(d) A water spirit.
2. Where is September swimming for her life?
(a) The whirlpool of forgetfulness.
(b) Perverse and Perilous sea.
(c) The Marquess' swimming pool.
(d) The drowning pond.
3. Why is the person imprisoned in the lobster cage?
(a) As a way of testing the person's power.
(b) So the Marquess can use the person's power.
(c) As punishment.
(d) The person has committed a very heinous crime.
4. How do the two get into where they are?
(a) They sneak in the back door.
(b) Ask by saying "please."
(c) They have been expected and are ushered right in.
(d) More gems from the scepter.
5. How is September taken from her home?
(d) With great trauma.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the ruler of the place where September is going?
2. Why is the wedding between Ghiyath the Jann and Rabab the Marid mentioned?
3. In and out of what does a little girl transform back and forth?
4. Where does their path take Ell and September?
5. What is the name of the witches' husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is September swimming and what is the shore like when she gets to it?
2. Describe the conversation between Lye and September.
3. What must all travelers do, and what does Lye wash into September?
4. Where does the red carpet lead September and Ell and what do they watch?
5. What is the House the two come upon and who lives there?
6. What is September contemplating when interrupted by the Marquess, and what does the Marquess say about September's journey?
7. Why does Betsy allow September to enter but not her companions?
8. Where does Ell say he will go with her and why will he do so?
9. How does Queen Mallow construct the city of Pandemonium?
10. Who is the customs agent and what does she do?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)