|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nor explain?
(a) One can never regain the other half.
(b) Everyone on the island is half a person.
(c) One can easily regain the other half.
(d) One must agree to be halved to come on the island.
2. Where does September maneuver Saturday?
(a) Into an iron cell.
(b) Out a high window.
(c) Into a closet.
(d) Onto the iron grates.
3. What does Saturday do in the position where he is maneuvered?
(a) Grow stronger.
(b) Go to sleep.
(c) Grow powerless.
4. What is September's shadow?
(a) Her worthless half.
(b) Her complex half.
(c) Her nemesis.
(d) Her other half.
5. How are Fairyland and the human world linked?
(a) By a pool of water.
(b) By iron gears.
(c) By silk filaments.
(d) By a crystal tube.
6. What color is the beach where September is?
7. How is much of Fairyland kept together?
(a) The Marquess' will.
(b) Spun sugar.
(c) Silk threads.
(d) Spider webs.
8. What is September unable to do concerning Ell?
(a) Lift him up on the horse.
(b) Find him.
(c) Revive him.
(d) Convince him to come with her.
9. What does the food in September's dream resemble?
10. Where do the spriggans say Ell and Saturday probably have gone?
(a) To Wuthering Heights.
(b) To Europe.
(c) To Lover's Leap.
(d) To Lonely Gaol.
11. Who meets September inside the castle?
(a) The Marquess.
(b) A witch of the 3rd order.
(c) Queen Mallow.
(d) Dr. Tallow.
12. What does the Marquess say she had to make September believe?
(a) September was fighting the Marquess.
(b) There is no hope for Ell.
(c) There is no hope for Saturday.
(d) That Queen Mallow is dead.
13. What do the spriggans and Fallow tell September about her hair?
(a) Her hair will grow back when she leaves the Worsted Wood.
(b) It's merely the effect of Autumn.
(c) It's temporary.
(d) It is a prettier color than it was.
14. To whom does Calpurnia whisper a secret?
15. What does September do when she clasps Saturday to her?
(a) Slaps him.
(b) Makes her wish.
(c) Spits on him.
(d) Kisses his cheek.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does everyone on the island work?
2. Why does the shark keep moving?
3. What happens to a lock of September's hair?
4. What is responsible for the weather around Lonely Gaol?
5. What does Ell say none of them are compared to September?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)