|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does September's mother not notice about September?
(a) She has been gone.
(c) She has no shadow.
(d) She has red hair.
2. What does the Marquess say she had to make September believe?
(a) September was fighting the Marquess.
(b) There is no hope for Ell.
(c) There is no hope for Saturday.
(d) That Queen Mallow is dead.
3. Where do the spriggans say Ell and Saturday probably have gone?
(a) To Wuthering Heights.
(b) To Europe.
(c) To Lonely Gaol.
(d) To Lover's Leap.
4. From what does September create a fishhook?
(a) A buckle.
(b) An earring.
(c) A piece of her raft.
(d) A piece of bone.
5. Who helps September navigate?
(d) No one.
6. Where do September and the others find themselves when they awaken?
(a) In the dungeon of the castle.
(b) In the middle of a field of wheat.
(c) In the middle of a field of grass.
(d) On an island in a lake.
7. What do September and Panther wonder about the Marquess?
(a) If she is going to wake up and stop them from leaving.
(b) If she is dead.
(c) If she wants to stay in the Gaol.
(d) If the keys to the high tower are on her person.
8. To whom are the lions loyal?
(a) Queen Mallow.
(b) The Marquess.
(d) Dr. Terror.
9. What do the clocks in a tall tower do?
(a) Count the minutes that Fairyland exists.
(b) Keeps track of the time it takes to move between Fairyland and the human world.
(c) Counts the life minutes of each fairy.
(d) Defines the time a human child stays in Fairyland.
10. What does September say she has to do before doing what she wants?
(a) Dance in the silver moonlight on the other end of Fairyland.
(b) Find the end of the rainbow.
(c) Rescue her friends.
(d) Overthrow the Marquess.
11. What shape does Queen Mallow's sword take?
(a) A needle.
(b) A circle.
(c) A thimble.
(d) A wedge.
12. How does September bait the hook?
(a) With a worm.
(b) With her blood.
(c) With her hair.
(d) With a fly.
13. What does the link do?
(a) Allows fairies to travel to the human world.
(b) Maintains the ability for humans to travel continuously between worlds.
(d) Keeps fairies out of the human world.
14. What has September realized about her mother?
(a) Her mother does love her.
(b) Her mother is the Queen.
(c) Her mother has been to Fairyland before.
(d) The Marquess needs her for some reason.
15. How is the gaol formed?
(a) By stacking sugar cubes.
(b) Crystal formed in giant bubbles layer together.
(c) By chocolate blocks.
(d) Out of gingerbread.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attacks everyone?
2. How is the land of Autumn described?
3. What does September ask of the panther?
4. What is responsible for the weather around Lonely Gaol?
5. What does Dr. Fallow reveal to September about the food she's been eating?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)