|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who meets September inside the castle?
(a) Queen Mallow.
(b) The Marquess.
(c) Dr. Tallow.
(d) A witch of the 3rd order.
2. Why does the Marquess destroy Gleam?
(a) So Gleam cannot advise September.
(b) Gleam is no longer needed.
(c) So September sees the Marquess' power.
(d) Gleam attacks September.
3. Why does Mr. Map live where he is living?
(a) He is mapping out the world.
(b) He loves The Marquess.
(c) He is banished.
(d) He loves the cold.
4. Where do September and the others find themselves when they awaken?
(a) In the dungeon of the castle.
(b) In the middle of a field of grass.
(c) In the middle of a field of wheat.
(d) On an island in a lake.
5. What shape does Queen Mallow's sword take?
(a) A wedge.
(b) A circle.
(c) A needle.
(d) A thimble.
6. What circles the Lonely Gaol?
(a) Hot air.
(b) Calm breezes.
(c) Violent storms.
7. What do the clocks in a tall tower do?
(a) Defines the time a human child stays in Fairyland.
(b) Keeps track of the time it takes to move between Fairyland and the human world.
(c) Count the minutes that Fairyland exists.
(d) Counts the life minutes of each fairy.
8. What does Nor explain?
(a) Everyone on the island is half a person.
(b) One can never regain the other half.
(c) One can easily regain the other half.
(d) One must agree to be halved to come on the island.
9. What happens to a lock of September's hair?
(b) It turns a different color.
(c) It curls up into a tight ball.
(d) It falls off and flies away.
10. What does September ask the Key to do?
(a) Go find the panther.
(b) Go tell her mother she is fine.
(c) Take her home.
(d) Unlock all the chains of the fairies.
11. How is the gaol formed?
(a) By stacking sugar cubes.
(b) Crystal formed in giant bubbles layer together.
(c) Out of gingerbread.
(d) By chocolate blocks.
12. Of what is Mercurio constructed?
(b) Gum drops.
(c) Pick up sticks.
(d) Baked goods.
13. What does September think is the reason for her hair changing?
(a) She has no idea.
(b) She accepted the scepter.
(c) She accepted the shoes.
(d) She ate fairy food.
14. Who does the leopard say is his brother?
(b) No one.
(c) The panther.
(d) The Wind.
15. How does September bait the hook?
(a) With her hair.
(b) With a worm.
(c) With her blood.
(d) With a fly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Dr. Fallow described?
2. What does Nor say she might be able to do?
3. What do Saturday and September do?
4. What does September dream?
5. What does Ell say none of them are compared to September?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)