|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has September realized about her mother?
(a) Her mother is the Queen.
(b) Her mother has been to Fairyland before.
(c) The Marquess needs her for some reason.
(d) Her mother does love her.
2. What happens to a lock of September's hair?
(a) It curls up into a tight ball.
(b) It turns a different color.
(c) It falls off and flies away.
3. What jolts September awake?
(a) A large fish hits the raft.
(b) Her raft hits a large boulder.
(c) A huge flying creature swoops down onto her raft.
(d) Her raft collides with water plants.
4. Who is Maud Elizabeth Smyth?
(a) September's mother.
(b) September's real name.
(c) September's baby sister.
(d) A changling who chooses to stay in Fairyland.
5. What does Nor explain?
(a) One can never regain the other half.
(b) One can easily regain the other half.
(c) One must agree to be halved to come on the island.
(d) Everyone on the island is half a person.
6. Where are Ell and Saturday?
(a) They are not in the castle.
(b) In the library.
(c) In the highest tower.
(d) In the dungeon.
7. What does everyone on the island do?
(a) Makes clothing for those in Fairyland.
(b) Grows food.
(c) Makes special shoes for changelings.
(d) Makes paper.
8. Who is Mr. Map?
(a) A young man with green hair.
(b) An eccentric, elderly man.
(c) A young woman who works while asleep.
(d) A baby.
9. Of what is the silent woman made?
10. What do September and Panther wonder about the Marquess?
(a) If she wants to stay in the Gaol.
(b) If she is dead.
(c) If she is going to wake up and stop them from leaving.
(d) If the keys to the high tower are on her person.
11. What does September realize she has to do?
(a) Defeat the panther.
(b) Defeat Saturday in combat.
(c) Go home and leave Ell to his fate.
(d) Take Ell with her to the human world.
12. What do the Tsukumogami do with September?
(a) Throw her down a well.
(b) Give a banquet in her honor.
(d) Question her and let her go on.
13. About what does Saturday warn September?
(a) The Marquess could waken at any moment.
(b) Ell will never waken.
(c) The Panther is the Marquess' best friend.
(d) He will fight back.
14. What does Nor say about September?
(a) September is three-quarters a person.
(b) September cannot come on the island since September is whole.
(c) September is not a person at all.
(d) September is half a person.
15. What does September tell the shark?
(a) She has nothing left for the shark.
(b) She is sorry for eating the fish.
(c) She loves sharks.
(d) She is too bony to eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who flies September to the high tower where Ell is?
2. What does the Marquess do intentionally?
3. What circles the Lonely Gaol?
4. With what does the woman cut exactly in half join up?
5. What color is the beach where September is?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)