|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does September apologize?
(a) The fly.
(b) No one.
(c) The fish.
(d) The worm.
2. What does September dream?
(a) She is ill and her mother is caring for her.
(b) She is at a tea party.
(c) She is back at home.
(d) She is the Queen.
3. About what does Saturday warn September?
(a) The Panther is the Marquess' best friend.
(b) The Marquess could waken at any moment.
(c) He will fight back.
(d) Ell will never waken.
4. What do the clocks in a tall tower do?
(a) Count the minutes that Fairyland exists.
(b) Keeps track of the time it takes to move between Fairyland and the human world.
(c) Defines the time a human child stays in Fairyland.
(d) Counts the life minutes of each fairy.
5. Who is Nor?
(a) The unicorn half of the pair.
(b) The fairy half of the pair.
(c) The elephant half of the pair.
(d) The woman half of the pair.
6. How does Death manifest?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A mouse-like creature.
(c) A fox.
(d) A ferret.
7. What form does Ell take in September's dream?
(a) A unicorn.
(b) That of a human.
(c) An elf.
(d) A centaur.
8. What do the spriggans and Fallow tell September about her hair?
(a) It is a prettier color than it was.
(b) It's merely the effect of Autumn.
(c) It's temporary.
(d) Her hair will grow back when she leaves the Worsted Wood.
9. What does everyone on the island do?
(a) Makes special shoes for changelings.
(b) Makes paper.
(c) Grows food.
(d) Makes clothing for those in Fairyland.
10. How is the land of Autumn described?
11. Why does Mr. Map live where he is living?
(a) He loves the cold.
(b) He loves The Marquess.
(c) He is banished.
(d) He is mapping out the world.
12. What is September's shadow?
(a) Her worthless half.
(b) Her complex half.
(c) Her other half.
(d) Her nemesis.
13. What do Ell and Saturday have to do?
(a) Let September travel alone.
(b) Take September through the Worsted Wood with no weapons.
(c) Drink from the river to stop transforming.
14. What does September realize she has to do?
(a) Take Ell with her to the human world.
(b) Defeat Saturday in combat.
(c) Defeat the panther.
(d) Go home and leave Ell to his fate.
15. To whom does Calpurnia whisper a secret?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Worsted Wood last visited?
2. Why does the shark keep moving?
3. What do the Tsukumogami do with September?
4. What does September tell the shark?
5. What does September's mother not notice about September?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)