|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Marquess destroy Gleam?
(a) So September sees the Marquess' power.
(b) So Gleam cannot advise September.
(c) Gleam is no longer needed.
(d) Gleam attacks September.
2. How does September bait the hook?
(a) With her hair.
(b) With her blood.
(c) With a worm.
(d) With a fly.
3. What does Nor explain?
(a) Everyone on the island is half a person.
(b) One can easily regain the other half.
(c) One must agree to be halved to come on the island.
(d) One can never regain the other half.
4. About what does September worry?
(a) Why no one else eats what she eats.
(b) What will happen to her.
(c) What she can eat.
(d) How to get out of Fairyland.
5. How are Fairyland and the human world linked?
(a) By a pool of water.
(b) By silk filaments.
(c) By iron gears.
(d) By a crystal tube.
6. What does September tell the shark?
(a) She has nothing left for the shark.
(b) She loves sharks.
(c) She is too bony to eat.
(d) She is sorry for eating the fish.
7. What happens to a lock of September's hair?
(a) It falls off and flies away.
(b) It curls up into a tight ball.
(c) It turns a different color.
8. What does September say she has to do before doing what she wants?
(a) Dance in the silver moonlight on the other end of Fairyland.
(b) Overthrow the Marquess.
(c) Find the end of the rainbow.
(d) Rescue her friends.
9. Who flies September to the high tower where Ell is?
(a) The panther.
(b) A dragon.
(c) A unicorn.
(d) A pegasus.
10. Why does the shark keep moving?
(a) The shark will die otherwise.
(b) The shark will sink otherwise.
(c) The shark is trying to make September dizzy.
(d) The shark is getting its morning exercise.
11. What is September's shadow?
(a) Her nemesis.
(b) Her worthless half.
(c) Her other half.
(d) Her complex half.
12. What does September use to divine how to get in the castle?
(a) A Mirror.
(c) A Crystal.
(d) The Spoon.
13. To whom does Calpurnia whisper a secret?
14. Of what is the silent woman made?
15. How is the gaol formed?
(a) Crystal formed in giant bubbles layer together.
(b) By chocolate blocks.
(c) By stacking sugar cubes.
(d) Out of gingerbread.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Mercurio constructed?
2. What does September have to show to the lions at the main door to the castle?
3. From what are spriggans exempt?
4. Who meets September inside the castle?
5. What does the Marquess do intentionally?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)