|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ell say none of them are compared to September?
(a) As small.
(b) As ravished.
(c) As hungry.
(d) As suspicious.
2. Who is Maud Elizabeth Smyth?
(a) September's real name.
(b) September's mother.
(c) September's baby sister.
(d) A changling who chooses to stay in Fairyland.
3. What is September like when she wakes?
(a) Fully human.
(b) Half human and half jackal.
(c) Completely turned into a tree.
(d) Half human and half tree.
4. What is September starting to want?
(a) To be back with Ell and Thursday.
(b) To go home.
(c) To see her brother.
(d) To overthrow the Marquess.
5. What do the spriggans and Fallow tell September about her hair?
(a) It is a prettier color than it was.
(b) It's temporary.
(c) Her hair will grow back when she leaves the Worsted Wood.
(d) It's merely the effect of Autumn.
6. What jolts September awake?
(a) Her raft collides with water plants.
(b) A large fish hits the raft.
(c) Her raft hits a large boulder.
(d) A huge flying creature swoops down onto her raft.
7. What does September realize she has to do?
(a) Defeat the panther.
(b) Take Ell with her to the human world.
(c) Defeat Saturday in combat.
(d) Go home and leave Ell to his fate.
8. What does the Marid yell at Saturday?
(a) For him to escape.
(b) For him to find her.
(c) For him to kill September.
(d) For him to play hide and seek.
9. What does The Marquess want September to do?
(a) Marry Saturday.
(b) Unhook the two worlds.
(c) Go home.
(d) Stay and co-rule.
10. Where does September maneuver Saturday?
(a) Onto the iron grates.
(b) Into an iron cell.
(c) Into a closet.
(d) Out a high window.
11. How is Dr. Fallow described?
(a) As gruff.
(b) As quiet.
(c) As chatty.
(d) As mean.
12. Who flies September to the high tower where Ell is?
(a) A unicorn.
(b) A pegasus.
(c) The panther.
(d) A dragon.
13. What circles the Lonely Gaol?
(a) Violent storms.
(c) Calm breezes.
(d) Hot air.
14. How is much of Fairyland kept together?
(a) Spider webs.
(b) Spun sugar.
(c) The Marquess' will.
(d) Silk threads.
15. How does September bait the hook?
(a) With a fly.
(b) With a worm.
(c) With her blood.
(d) With her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is blowing a kiss at September?
2. What does September do when she clasps Saturday to her?
3. What is September like when she reaches Mercurio?
4. Where are Ell and Saturday?
5. What does September use to divine how to get in the castle?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)