|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nor say about September?
(a) September is half a person.
(b) September is three-quarters a person.
(c) September is not a person at all.
(d) September cannot come on the island since September is whole.
2. Where do September and the others find themselves when they awaken?
(a) In the dungeon of the castle.
(b) In the middle of a field of wheat.
(c) In the middle of a field of grass.
(d) On an island in a lake.
3. How are Fairyland and the human world linked?
(a) By a pool of water.
(b) By silk filaments.
(c) By iron gears.
(d) By a crystal tube.
4. What do the Tsukumogami do with September?
(a) Give a banquet in her honor.
(c) Question her and let her go on.
(d) Throw her down a well.
5. What is September unable to do concerning Ell?
(a) Lift him up on the horse.
(b) Find him.
(c) Revive him.
(d) Convince him to come with her.
6. What does The Marquess want September to do?
(a) Unhook the two worlds.
(b) Stay and co-rule.
(c) Marry Saturday.
(d) Go home.
7. Who is kidnapped?
(a) No one.
(b) Ell and Dr. Fallow.
(c) Dr. Fallow and Saturday.
(d) Ell and Saturday.
8. Where does September maneuver Saturday?
(a) Out a high window.
(b) Into a closet.
(c) Onto the iron grates.
(d) Into an iron cell.
9. What does Saturday do in the position where he is maneuvered?
(b) Grow stronger.
(c) Grow powerless.
(d) Go to sleep.
10. For whom does everyone on the island work?
(a) The Queen.
(b) Count Drooley.
(c) The Marquess.
(d) Dr. Fallow.
11. What jolts September awake?
(a) Her raft collides with water plants.
(b) A large fish hits the raft.
(c) A huge flying creature swoops down onto her raft.
(d) Her raft hits a large boulder.
12. About what does Saturday warn September?
(a) He will fight back.
(b) Ell will never waken.
(c) The Marquess could waken at any moment.
(d) The Panther is the Marquess' best friend.
13. In what do September and her companions participate?
(a) A feast.
(b) A dance.
(c) A ceremony.
14. Whose nature does Dr. Fallow discuss?
(a) The Marquess.
(b) The spriggans.
15. What form does Ell take in September's dream?
(a) An elf.
(b) A centaur.
(c) A unicorn.
(d) That of a human.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the land of Autumn described?
2. Who meets September inside the castle?
3. Of what is the silent woman made?
4. What do Saturday and September do?
5. What is September's shadow?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)