|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Ell and Saturday?
(a) In the highest tower.
(b) In the library.
(c) They are not in the castle.
(d) In the dungeon.
2. What circles the Lonely Gaol?
(b) Violent storms.
(c) Hot air.
(d) Calm breezes.
3. What does Nor say about September?
(a) September cannot come on the island since September is whole.
(b) September is half a person.
(c) September is not a person at all.
(d) September is three-quarters a person.
4. What do September and Panther wonder about the Marquess?
(a) If the keys to the high tower are on her person.
(b) If she is dead.
(c) If she wants to stay in the Gaol.
(d) If she is going to wake up and stop them from leaving.
5. How does Death manifest?
(a) A mouse-like creature.
(b) A ferret.
(c) A fox.
(d) A wolf.
6. How is Dr. Fallow described?
(a) As quiet.
(b) As chatty.
(c) As gruff.
(d) As mean.
7. What does September ask the Key to do?
(a) Go find the panther.
(b) Unlock all the chains of the fairies.
(c) Take her home.
(d) Go tell her mother she is fine.
8. What does September do when she clasps Saturday to her?
(a) Slaps him.
(b) Kisses his cheek.
(c) Makes her wish.
(d) Spits on him.
9. What has September realized about her mother?
(a) Her mother does love her.
(b) Her mother has been to Fairyland before.
(c) The Marquess needs her for some reason.
(d) Her mother is the Queen.
10. From what does September create a fishhook?
(a) An earring.
(b) A piece of her raft.
(c) A piece of bone.
(d) A buckle.
11. How are Fairyland and the human world linked?
(a) By a pool of water.
(b) By a crystal tube.
(c) By silk filaments.
(d) By iron gears.
12. What does the Marid yell at Saturday?
(a) For him to kill September.
(b) For him to escape.
(c) For him to play hide and seek.
(d) For him to find her.
13. Who is kidnapped?
(a) Ell and Dr. Fallow.
(b) Dr. Fallow and Saturday.
(c) No one.
(d) Ell and Saturday.
14. What is the taunter eating?
(a) A wrench.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A crumbly bolt.
(d) A screwdriver.
15. Who attacks everyone?
(a) A gargoyle.
(b) A vampire.
(c) A pair of the Marquess' lions.
(d) A centaur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does September say she has to do before doing what she wants?
2. What does the Green Wind urge September to refrain from doing?
3. In what do September and her companions participate?
4. When was the Worsted Wood last visited?
5. What does September realize she has to do?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)