|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Ell and Saturday?
(a) In the dungeon.
(b) They are not in the castle.
(c) In the highest tower.
(d) In the library.
2. How is much of Fairyland kept together?
(a) Spun sugar.
(b) Spider webs.
(c) The Marquess' will.
(d) Silk threads.
3. What does Ell say none of them are compared to September?
(a) As suspicious.
(b) As hungry.
(c) As ravished.
(d) As small.
4. What shape does Queen Mallow's sword take?
(a) A thimble.
(b) A wedge.
(c) A needle.
(d) A circle.
5. What circles the Lonely Gaol?
(b) Calm breezes.
(c) Violent storms.
(d) Hot air.
6. What does the Marid yell at Saturday?
(a) For him to escape.
(b) For him to play hide and seek.
(c) For him to kill September.
(d) For him to find her.
7. What is September starting to want?
(a) To go home.
(b) To see her brother.
(c) To be back with Ell and Thursday.
(d) To overthrow the Marquess.
8. What does September's mother not notice about September?
(a) She has red hair.
(b) She has no shadow.
(c) She has been gone.
9. Whose nature does Dr. Fallow discuss?
(b) The spriggans.
(c) The Marquess.
10. What is September like when she wakes?
(a) Fully human.
(b) Completely turned into a tree.
(c) Half human and half jackal.
(d) Half human and half tree.
11. What does September use to divine how to get in the castle?
(a) A Crystal.
(b) A Mirror.
(c) The Spoon.
12. Where do September and the others find themselves when they awaken?
(a) In the dungeon of the castle.
(b) On an island in a lake.
(c) In the middle of a field of grass.
(d) In the middle of a field of wheat.
13. What color is September's hair turning?
14. In what do September and her companions participate?
(a) A dance.
(b) A feast.
(d) A ceremony.
15. From what does September create a fishhook?
(a) A piece of her raft.
(b) A buckle.
(c) A piece of bone.
(d) An earring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Saturday and September do?
2. Who taunts the others in September's dream?
3. What does Nor say she might be able to do?
4. How is the land of Autumn described?
5. Who meets September inside the castle?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)