|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what are spriggans exempt?
(a) Bowing towards Pandemonium twice a day.
(b) Fairyland's rules.
(c) Eating fairy food daily.
(d) Carrying a picture of the Marquess at all times.
2. What does Nor say she might be able to do?
(a) Make September a special pair of shoes.
(b) Intervene on behalf of Ell and Thursday.
(c) Talk the island people into letting her on the island even though she is whole.
(d) Help September get past the island.
3. What does September do when she clasps Saturday to her?
(a) Kisses his cheek.
(b) Makes her wish.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Spits on him.
4. Why does the shark keep moving?
(a) The shark will sink otherwise.
(b) The shark is getting its morning exercise.
(c) The shark will die otherwise.
(d) The shark is trying to make September dizzy.
5. What has September realized about her mother?
(a) The Marquess needs her for some reason.
(b) Her mother has been to Fairyland before.
(c) Her mother is the Queen.
(d) Her mother does love her.
6. What do the Tsukumogami do with September?
(b) Throw her down a well.
(c) Question her and let her go on.
(d) Give a banquet in her honor.
7. How does September break open the prison cells?
(a) They are not locked.
(b) The Spoon.
(c) The Wrench.
(d) A gold key.
8. Who flies September to the high tower where Ell is?
(a) A dragon.
(b) A pegasus.
(c) The panther.
(d) A unicorn.
9. Where does September maneuver Saturday?
(a) Into an iron cell.
(b) Out a high window.
(c) Onto the iron grates.
(d) Into a closet.
10. How is the gaol formed?
(a) By chocolate blocks.
(b) Crystal formed in giant bubbles layer together.
(c) By stacking sugar cubes.
(d) Out of gingerbread.
11. When was the Worsted Wood last visited?
(a) When The Marquess put the casket there.
(b) When Ell's grandfather was a young boy and he visited there..
(c) When Queen Mallow claimed her sword.
(d) When King Tallow was looking for his wife.
12. Who taunts the others in September's dream?
(a) A purple boy wearing a superman costume.
(c) A green mushroom.
(d) A very plain blond girl.
13. For whom does everyone on the island work?
(a) Dr. Fallow.
(b) Count Drooley.
(c) The Marquess.
(d) The Queen.
14. What do Ell and Saturday have to do?
(a) Let September travel alone.
(c) Take September through the Worsted Wood with no weapons.
(d) Drink from the river to stop transforming.
15. Why does Mr. Map live where he is living?
(a) He is banished.
(b) He is mapping out the world.
(c) He loves The Marquess.
(d) He loves the cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the clocks in a tall tower do?
2. What topic does Nor comment about?
3. What does September ask the Key to do?
4. What does Nor say about September?
5. What is the only sword used by September's mother?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)