|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the leopard say is his brother?
(b) The panther.
(c) No one.
(d) The Wind.
2. Who is Maud Elizabeth Smyth?
(a) A changling who chooses to stay in Fairyland.
(b) September's real name.
(c) September's baby sister.
(d) September's mother.
3. When was the Worsted Wood last visited?
(a) When Ell's grandfather was a young boy and he visited there..
(b) When The Marquess put the casket there.
(c) When Queen Mallow claimed her sword.
(d) When King Tallow was looking for his wife.
4. What does the link do?
(b) Keeps fairies out of the human world.
(c) Allows fairies to travel to the human world.
(d) Maintains the ability for humans to travel continuously between worlds.
5. What does September do when she clasps Saturday to her?
(a) Kisses his cheek.
(b) Spits on him.
(c) Makes her wish.
(d) Slaps him.
6. Why does the shark keep moving?
(a) The shark is getting its morning exercise.
(b) The shark will die otherwise.
(c) The shark is trying to make September dizzy.
(d) The shark will sink otherwise.
7. Who is ill?
(b) One of the lions.
8. For whom does everyone on the island work?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Marquess.
(c) Dr. Fallow.
(d) Count Drooley.
9. What is September like when she wakes?
(a) Half human and half tree.
(b) Completely turned into a tree.
(c) Fully human.
(d) Half human and half jackal.
10. What does everyone on the island do?
(a) Grows food.
(b) Makes paper.
(c) Makes special shoes for changelings.
(d) Makes clothing for those in Fairyland.
11. What does September's mother not notice about September?
(a) She has been gone.
(b) She has no shadow.
(c) She has red hair.
12. Where are Ell and Saturday?
(a) In the dungeon.
(b) They are not in the castle.
(c) In the highest tower.
(d) In the library.
13. What does the Green Wind urge September to refrain from doing?
(a) Going back to the Gaol.
(b) Staying in Fairyland.
(c) Worrying about the past.
(d) Worrrying about the future.
14. How does September bait the hook?
(a) With a worm.
(b) With a fly.
(c) With her blood.
(d) With her hair.
15. What color is the beach where September is?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is September like when she reaches Mercurio?
2. What happens to a lock of September's hair?
3. From what are spriggans exempt?
4. What color is September's hair turning?
5. What does September have to show to the lions at the main door to the castle?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)