|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nor explain?
(a) Everyone on the island is half a person.
(b) One can easily regain the other half.
(c) One can never regain the other half.
(d) One must agree to be halved to come on the island.
2. What is the taunter eating?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A screwdriver.
(c) A crumbly bolt.
(d) A wrench.
3. Of what is the silent woman made?
4. What do the clocks in a tall tower do?
(a) Count the minutes that Fairyland exists.
(b) Counts the life minutes of each fairy.
(c) Keeps track of the time it takes to move between Fairyland and the human world.
(d) Defines the time a human child stays in Fairyland.
5. What does September say she has to do before doing what she wants?
(a) Rescue her friends.
(b) Dance in the silver moonlight on the other end of Fairyland.
(c) Overthrow the Marquess.
(d) Find the end of the rainbow.
6. What does September's mother not notice about September?
(a) She has been gone.
(b) She has no shadow.
(d) She has red hair.
7. Who is Maud Elizabeth Smyth?
(a) September's mother.
(b) A changling who chooses to stay in Fairyland.
(c) September's baby sister.
(d) September's real name.
8. How is the land of Autumn described?
9. Of what is Mercurio constructed?
(a) Baked goods.
(b) Gum drops.
(d) Pick up sticks.
10. What circles the Lonely Gaol?
(a) Calm breezes.
(c) Hot air.
(d) Violent storms.
11. For whom does everyone on the island work?
(a) Dr. Fallow.
(b) The Queen.
(c) Count Drooley.
(d) The Marquess.
12. To whom does September apologize?
(a) No one.
(b) The fish.
(c) The fly.
(d) The worm.
13. How does September bait the hook?
(a) With her blood.
(b) With a worm.
(c) With a fly.
(d) With her hair.
14. Where does September maneuver Saturday?
(a) Out a high window.
(b) Into a closet.
(c) Into an iron cell.
(d) Onto the iron grates.
15. About what does Saturday warn September?
(a) Ell will never waken.
(b) He will fight back.
(c) The Panther is the Marquess' best friend.
(d) The Marquess could waken at any moment.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does September create a fishhook?
2. Who flies September to the high tower where Ell is?
3. Who does the leopard say is his brother?
4. What does Nor say she might be able to do?
5. What do September and Panther wonder about the Marquess?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)