|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nor explain?
(a) One can never regain the other half.
(b) One must agree to be halved to come on the island.
(c) Everyone on the island is half a person.
(d) One can easily regain the other half.
2. What does September ask the Key to do?
(a) Go find the panther.
(b) Take her home.
(c) Unlock all the chains of the fairies.
(d) Go tell her mother she is fine.
3. What does September do when she clasps Saturday to her?
(a) Slaps him.
(b) Spits on him.
(c) Makes her wish.
(d) Kisses his cheek.
4. What does September tell the shark?
(a) She is too bony to eat.
(b) She is sorry for eating the fish.
(c) She has nothing left for the shark.
(d) She loves sharks.
5. How does September break open the prison cells?
(a) A gold key.
(b) The Spoon.
(c) They are not locked.
(d) The Wrench.
6. How does Death manifest?
(a) A mouse-like creature.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A ferret.
(d) A fox.
7. What is September unable to do concerning Ell?
(a) Revive him.
(b) Find him.
(c) Lift him up on the horse.
(d) Convince him to come with her.
8. How are Fairyland and the human world linked?
(a) By iron gears.
(b) By a crystal tube.
(c) By silk filaments.
(d) By a pool of water.
9. Who flies September to the high tower where Ell is?
(a) The panther.
(b) A pegasus.
(c) A dragon.
(d) A unicorn.
10. What do September and Panther wonder about the Marquess?
(a) If she is dead.
(b) If she is going to wake up and stop them from leaving.
(c) If she wants to stay in the Gaol.
(d) If the keys to the high tower are on her person.
11. Who is ill?
(b) One of the lions.
12. What do Saturday and September do?
(b) Play chess.
(c) Play a riddle game.
(d) Play pick up sticks.
13. What does September think is the reason for her hair changing?
(a) She has no idea.
(b) She accepted the shoes.
(c) She accepted the scepter.
(d) She ate fairy food.
14. Who attacks everyone?
(a) A pair of the Marquess' lions.
(b) A centaur.
(c) A vampire.
(d) A gargoyle.
15. From what are spriggans exempt?
(a) Fairyland's rules.
(b) Carrying a picture of the Marquess at all times.
(c) Eating fairy food daily.
(d) Bowing towards Pandemonium twice a day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the gaol formed?
2. Who is kidnapped?
3. What does the Green Wind urge September to refrain from doing?
4. What does September's mother not notice about September?
5. Who taunts the others in September's dream?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)