|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who flies September to the high tower where Ell is?
(a) A unicorn.
(b) The panther.
(c) A pegasus.
(d) A dragon.
2. What does the link do?
(a) Maintains the ability for humans to travel continuously between worlds.
(c) Keeps fairies out of the human world.
(d) Allows fairies to travel to the human world.
3. How is much of Fairyland kept together?
(a) The Marquess' will.
(b) Silk threads.
(c) Spun sugar.
(d) Spider webs.
4. How is the gaol formed?
(a) By chocolate blocks.
(b) Out of gingerbread.
(c) By stacking sugar cubes.
(d) Crystal formed in giant bubbles layer together.
5. What does September ask of the panther?
(a) The way to her world.
(c) Help to rescue Saturday and Ell.
(d) A ride out of there.
6. Whose nature does Dr. Fallow discuss?
(b) The spriggans.
(d) The Marquess.
7. What is September like when she wakes?
(a) Completely turned into a tree.
(b) Half human and half tree.
(c) Half human and half jackal.
(d) Fully human.
8. What jolts September awake?
(a) A large fish hits the raft.
(b) Her raft hits a large boulder.
(c) Her raft collides with water plants.
(d) A huge flying creature swoops down onto her raft.
9. What is the only sword used by September's mother?
(a) A screwdriver.
(b) A wrench.
(c) A crowbar.
(d) A hammer.
10. Where does September maneuver Saturday?
(a) Out a high window.
(b) Into an iron cell.
(c) Into a closet.
(d) Onto the iron grates.
11. Why does the shark keep moving?
(a) The shark is getting its morning exercise.
(b) The shark will die otherwise.
(c) The shark will sink otherwise.
(d) The shark is trying to make September dizzy.
12. Who is blowing a kiss at September?
(c) Dr. Fallow.
(d) The elder spriggan.
13. What does September say she has to do before doing what she wants?
(a) Rescue her friends.
(b) Find the end of the rainbow.
(c) Overthrow the Marquess.
(d) Dance in the silver moonlight on the other end of Fairyland.
14. Who does the leopard say is his brother?
(a) The Wind.
(c) No one.
(d) The panther.
15. What is September starting to want?
(a) To see her brother.
(b) To go home.
(c) To overthrow the Marquess.
(d) To be back with Ell and Thursday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Maud Elizabeth Smyth?
2. What does the Green Wind urge September to refrain from doing?
3. What does Dr. Fallow reveal to September about the food she's been eating?
4. What does the Marquess do intentionally?
5. Who taunts the others in September's dream?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)