|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does September break open the prison cells?
(a) The Spoon.
(b) The Wrench.
(c) A gold key.
(d) They are not locked.
2. How is much of Fairyland kept together?
(a) Silk threads.
(b) The Marquess' will.
(c) Spun sugar.
(d) Spider webs.
3. How does September bait the hook?
(a) With a fly.
(b) With her blood.
(c) With her hair.
(d) With a worm.
4. What is the only sword used by September's mother?
(a) A screwdriver.
(b) A wrench.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A crowbar.
5. Of what is the silent woman made?
6. What does the link do?
(a) Allows fairies to travel to the human world.
(c) Keeps fairies out of the human world.
(d) Maintains the ability for humans to travel continuously between worlds.
7. What does Ell say none of them are compared to September?
(a) As ravished.
(b) As small.
(c) As suspicious.
(d) As hungry.
8. What do Ell and Saturday have to do?
(a) Let September travel alone.
(b) Take September through the Worsted Wood with no weapons.
(d) Drink from the river to stop transforming.
9. What is September unable to do concerning Ell?
(a) Find him.
(b) Convince him to come with her.
(c) Lift him up on the horse.
(d) Revive him.
10. Who does the leopard say is his brother?
(a) The panther.
(b) The Wind.
(d) No one.
11. What do Saturday and September do?
(b) Play chess.
(c) Play pick up sticks.
(d) Play a riddle game.
12. How is Dr. Fallow described?
(a) As quiet.
(b) As gruff.
(c) As mean.
(d) As chatty.
13. About what does Saturday warn September?
(a) The Panther is the Marquess' best friend.
(b) The Marquess could waken at any moment.
(c) He will fight back.
(d) Ell will never waken.
14. Who is ill?
(d) One of the lions.
15. What does September use to divine how to get in the castle?
(a) The Spoon.
(c) A Mirror.
(d) A Crystal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Marquess destroy Gleam?
2. With what does the woman cut exactly in half join up?
3. When was the Worsted Wood last visited?
4. What topic does Nor comment about?
5. What is the taunter eating?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)