|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to a lock of September's hair?
(a) It falls off and flies away.
(b) It curls up into a tight ball.
(c) It turns a different color.
2. About what does September worry?
(a) What she can eat.
(b) How to get out of Fairyland.
(c) What will happen to her.
(d) Why no one else eats what she eats.
3. What does the Marquess say she had to make September believe?
(a) There is no hope for Ell.
(b) That Queen Mallow is dead.
(c) There is no hope for Saturday.
(d) September was fighting the Marquess.
4. What does the Marid yell at Saturday?
(a) For him to play hide and seek.
(b) For him to escape.
(c) For him to kill September.
(d) For him to find her.
5. Who is Maud Elizabeth Smyth?
(a) September's mother.
(b) A changling who chooses to stay in Fairyland.
(c) September's baby sister.
(d) September's real name.
6. Who meets September inside the castle?
(a) Dr. Tallow.
(b) Queen Mallow.
(c) A witch of the 3rd order.
(d) The Marquess.
7. What does September think is the reason for her hair changing?
(a) She accepted the scepter.
(b) She has no idea.
(c) She ate fairy food.
(d) She accepted the shoes.
8. What does September realize she has to do?
(a) Take Ell with her to the human world.
(b) Defeat the panther.
(c) Go home and leave Ell to his fate.
(d) Defeat Saturday in combat.
9. How is Dr. Fallow described?
(a) As mean.
(b) As gruff.
(c) As quiet.
(d) As chatty.
10. What do the clocks in a tall tower do?
(a) Counts the life minutes of each fairy.
(b) Defines the time a human child stays in Fairyland.
(c) Keeps track of the time it takes to move between Fairyland and the human world.
(d) Count the minutes that Fairyland exists.
11. What does Nor say she might be able to do?
(a) Intervene on behalf of Ell and Thursday.
(b) Help September get past the island.
(c) Make September a special pair of shoes.
(d) Talk the island people into letting her on the island even though she is whole.
12. Where does September maneuver Saturday?
(a) Onto the iron grates.
(b) Into an iron cell.
(c) Into a closet.
(d) Out a high window.
13. How does September break open the prison cells?
(a) The Wrench.
(b) A gold key.
(c) The Spoon.
(d) They are not locked.
14. What is the only sword used by September's mother?
(a) A screwdriver.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A wrench.
(d) A crowbar.
15. What color is September's hair turning?
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic does Nor comment about?
2. To whom are the lions loyal?
3. What does the link do?
4. Who flies September to the high tower where Ell is?
5. What is September like when she wakes?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)