|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is September's hair turning?
2. What is September like when she reaches Mercurio?
(a) Almost tree like.
(c) She is almost herself again.
(d) Almost like a mushroom.
3. To whom does September apologize?
(a) No one.
(b) The worm.
(c) The fish.
(d) The fly.
4. Who is Maud Elizabeth Smyth?
(a) September's baby sister.
(b) A changling who chooses to stay in Fairyland.
(c) September's mother.
(d) September's real name.
5. To whom are the lions loyal?
(a) Dr. Terror.
(c) Queen Mallow.
(d) The Marquess.
6. What does the Green Wind urge September to refrain from doing?
(a) Worrrying about the future.
(b) Staying in Fairyland.
(c) Going back to the Gaol.
(d) Worrying about the past.
7. What topic does Nor comment about?
(a) The nature of travel between Fairyland and September's home.
(b) The nature of travel between the various worlds of Fairyland.
(c) How to know if the food you are eating is Fairy food.
(d) Why September is blue.
8. What jolts September awake?
(a) A large fish hits the raft.
(b) Her raft collides with water plants.
(c) A huge flying creature swoops down onto her raft.
(d) Her raft hits a large boulder.
9. What do Ell and Saturday have to do?
(a) Let September travel alone.
(b) Drink from the river to stop transforming.
(d) Take September through the Worsted Wood with no weapons.
10. Who attacks everyone?
(a) A pair of the Marquess' lions.
(b) A centaur.
(c) A vampire.
(d) A gargoyle.
11. What does Nor say she might be able to do?
(a) Intervene on behalf of Ell and Thursday.
(b) Help September get past the island.
(c) Make September a special pair of shoes.
(d) Talk the island people into letting her on the island even though she is whole.
12. Where do September and the others find themselves when they awaken?
(a) In the middle of a field of wheat.
(b) On an island in a lake.
(c) In the middle of a field of grass.
(d) In the dungeon of the castle.
13. Who is blowing a kiss at September?
(b) The elder spriggan.
(d) Dr. Fallow.
14. To whom does Calpurnia whisper a secret?
15. How is the land of Autumn described?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the clocks in a tall tower do?
2. What does September ask of the panther?
3. What circles the Lonely Gaol?
4. Whose nature does Dr. Fallow discuss?
5. What do the Tsukumogami do with September?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)