|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is she really seeing?
(a) Thin layers of construction paper.
(b) She does not know.
(c) Small pieces of silver and bronze woven together.
(d) Fairy gold.
2. What is one choice September can make?
(a) To quit and go home.
(b) To lose her way.
(c) To gain great riches.
(d) To choose nothing.
3. Where is the magical item The Marquess wishes to possess?
(a) In a wishing well.
(b) On the bottom of the whirlpool.
(c) In a cave.
(d) In a casket.
4. What are the names of two women September encounters?
(a) Hello and Goodbye.
(b) Who and What.
(c) When and How.
(d) Up and Down.
5. What must happen to all travelers before going into Pandemonium?
(a) They must be dipped in gold.
(b) They must be dipped in syrup.
(c) They must be washed.
(d) They must tell a truth about themselves.
6. Upon whose back is September put?
(a) The Leopard of Little Breezes.
(b) The Panther of Great Winds.
(c) The Lion of Gale Force.
(d) The Elephant of Gentle Breezes.
7. What does September do with the Spoon?
(a) Free Thursday.
(b) Free Sunday.
(c) Free Monday.
(d) Free Saturday.
8. What is cut from September?
(a) Her ring finger.
(b) Her right ear.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her shadow.
9. How is September taken from her home?
(c) With great trauma.
10. Why doesn't September seem to mind leaving home?
(a) She has always loved adventures.
(b) Her grandmother is mean.
(c) Her parents are dead.
(d) She's too young to know better.
11. What does Ell ask September?
(a) If she knows where they are going.
(b) Why she is helping the Marquess.
(c) What her real name is.
(d) Where she got her new shoes.
12. Who returns to the Briary?
13. To where does Calpurnia offer to accompany the group?
(a) To the rim of the volcano.
(b) To the centerpoint of the Worsted Wood.
(c) To the edge of the equinox.
(d) No where.
14. Where does the sign post point?
(b) To the West and South.
(c) To the East and North.
(d) Four different directions.
15. What does September offer to do for the now-released prisoner?
(a) Take the former prisoner to Fariy Village.
(b) Take the former prisoner out of Pandemonium.
(c) Find the prisoner's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is September's home?
2. What are the gardens like surrounding the Briary?
3. Who is Penny?
4. How do the two get into where they are?
5. What did the witches refuse to give the ruler of Fairyland?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)