|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ell say will find them?
(a) Their guide.
(b) Their destiny.
(c) A list of instructions.
(d) A means of transportation.
2. What is the name of the witches' husband?
3. What does September think she is seeing when she spies the shore?
(a) Thick layers of rubbish.
(b) Thick layers of newspaper.
(c) Thin strips of confetti.
(d) Thick strips of fiber.
4. How is September taken from her home?
(d) With great trauma.
5. How old is the Marquess?
(a) Several years older than September.
(b) No older than September.
(c) A couple years younger than September.
(d) Twenty years older than September.
6. What do Ell and September follow to find their destination?
(a) A path of bread crumbs.
(b) A carpet of red cloth.
(c) A red brick walkway.
(d) A carpet of flowers.
7. Who is disguised as a giant gargoyle?
(a) The Sandman.
(b) The Duck.
(c) The Marquess.
(d) Betsy Basilstock.
8. Why is the person imprisoned in the lobster cage?
(a) As a way of testing the person's power.
(b) The person has committed a very heinous crime.
(c) As punishment.
(d) So the Marquess can use the person's power.
9. What is another name for bicycle?
10. What does September reject from the Marquess?
(a) Food and a ring.
(b) Shoes and food.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A new scepter.
11. Where is the Barleybroom River?
(a) In a field near the house of Truth.
(b) On the boundary of Pandemonium.
(c) No where; it does not exist.
(d) In a dream September has.
12. Who is Penny?
(a) A dog cat robot.
(b) A velo who is not working.
(c) A rescued farthling.
(d) A rescued changling.
13. Who is missing?
(a) Old Queen Tallow.
(b) Old King Teller.
(c) Good King Mellow.
(d) Good Queen Mallow.
14. What is a Marid?
(a) An earth sprite.
(b) A water spirit.
(c) A bridge troll.
(d) A wood nymph.
15. Upon whose back is September put?
(a) The Leopard of Little Breezes.
(b) The Lion of Gale Force.
(c) The Elephant of Gentle Breezes.
(d) The Panther of Great Winds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of two women September encounters?
2. Why does Ell refuse to fly?
3. Who overthrew the missing person?
4. Where does September tell Ell she is going?
5. How do Ell and September pay for the fare?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)