|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Iago?
(a) The Marquess' panther.
(b) A unicorn September meets just after leaving the Briary.
(c) The Marquess' brother.
(d) A young boy whom September meets just after leaving the Briary.
2. How does September's future look?
(b) Buried in a pile of gold.
(d) Buried in a lumpy pile of gunk.
3. What portrait is in the hall where September finds herself?
(a) A handsome king.
(b) A beautiful queen.
(c) A young, spoiled child.
(d) A young centaur.
4. What are the names of two women September encounters?
(a) Who and What.
(b) Up and Down.
(c) Hello and Goodbye.
(d) When and How.
5. What does Ell ask September?
(a) If she knows where they are going.
(b) What her real name is.
(c) Why she is helping the Marquess.
(d) Where she got her new shoes.
6. What are the gardens like surrounding the Briary?
(a) Full of flowers.
(b) Full of fish ponds.
7. Where does the sign post point?
(a) To the West and South.
(b) To the East and North.
(d) Four different directions.
8. What does Ell say will find them?
(a) A means of transportation.
(b) A list of instructions.
(c) Their destiny.
(d) Their guide.
9. Where does September eventually get?
(a) The shore.
(b) To a tree root in the middle of the pond.
(c) To the steps.
10. What might speed their journey along?
(a) Riding a tramopede.
(b) Riding a velocipede.
(c) Traveling in the underworld.
(d) Flying on Ell.
11. What is accidentally left behind?
(a) A glove.
(b) One shoe.
(c) A sock.
(d) September's hat.
12. What do Ell and September follow to find their destination?
(a) A carpet of flowers.
(b) A path of bread crumbs.
(c) A carpet of red cloth.
(d) A red brick walkway.
13. What is carved into the forehead of the person who lives at the house?
14. Who speaks directly to September from the film?
(a) Green Wind.
(b) King Tallow.
(c) The Marquess.
(d) Queen Mallow.
15. What did the creature that wakes September memorize?
(a) Everything in the encyclopedia from M to Z.
(b) All the poems written by The Fairy Queen.
(c) Everything in the encyclopedia from A to Z.
(d) Everything in the encyclopedia from A to L.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were musicians attacked at a concert?
2. What do Ell and September come upon after a long day of travel?
3. Why does September wonder why she was chosen?
4. How is September taken from her home?
5. Who lives at the house they come upon?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)