|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is she really seeing?
(a) Thin layers of construction paper.
(b) Fairy gold.
(c) Small pieces of silver and bronze woven together.
(d) She does not know.
2. What is the guardian called?
(a) A Switchpoint.
(b) A Point of Contact.
(c) The Bumbler Point.
(d) The Keeper of the Scroll.
3. Where is the Barleybroom River?
(a) No where; it does not exist.
(b) In a dream September has.
(c) On the boundary of Pandemonium.
(d) In a field near the house of Truth.
4. What does September promise to do when she goes to Pandemonium?
(a) Find the book of lyes.
(b) Look for King Tallow.
(c) Look for Queen Mallow.
(d) Find the book of truth.
5. What can a Marid do?
(a) Change shapes.
(b) Change colors.
(c) Grant wishes.
(d) Change the past.
6. What does Ell say will find them?
(a) A list of instructions.
(b) A means of transportation.
(c) Their destiny.
(d) Their guide.
7. What did the creature that wakes September memorize?
(a) Everything in the encyclopedia from M to Z.
(b) Everything in the encyclopedia from A to L.
(c) Everything in the encyclopedia from A to Z.
(d) All the poems written by The Fairy Queen.
8. Who overthrew the missing person?
(a) The Duck.
(b) The Marquis.
(c) No one.
(d) The Marquess.
9. Who takes September from her home?
(a) Red Wind.
(b) Green Water.
(c) Yellow Earth.
(d) Green Wind.
10. Why does Ell refuse to fly?
(a) Because others of his kind cannot.
(b) He is afraid of the Marquess.
(c) He does not know how.
(d) He is afraid of heights.
11. What portrait is in the hall where September finds herself?
(a) A young centaur.
(b) A handsome king.
(c) A young, spoiled child.
(d) A beautiful queen.
12. What does September offer to do for the now-released prisoner?
(a) Find the prisoner's mother.
(b) Take the former prisoner out of Pandemonium.
(c) Take the former prisoner to Fariy Village.
13. To whom does The Marquess compare herself?
(a) The King.
(c) The Queen.
(d) September's mother.
14. What is one choice September can make?
(a) To quit and go home.
(b) To gain great riches.
(c) To choose nothing.
(d) To lose her way.
15. Upon whose back is September put?
(a) The Lion of Gale Force.
(b) The Elephant of Gentle Breezes.
(c) The Panther of Great Winds.
(d) The Leopard of Little Breezes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does September's future look?
2. What must happen to all travelers before going into Pandemonium?
3. Who is imprisoned in the lobster cage?
4. What does one of the women want September to retrieve from the ruler of Fairyland?
5. How old is the Marquess?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)