|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is cut from September?
(a) Her ring finger.
(b) Her right ear.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her shadow.
2. What do the witches say they can see?
(a) The present.
(b) The heart.
(c) The future.
(d) The past.
3. What are the Glashtyn?
(a) Men with jackal heads.
(b) Men with horses' heads.
(c) Women with eagle heads.
(d) Women with ostrich heads.
4. Why does Ell refuse to fly?
(a) He is afraid of the Marquess.
(b) He does not know how.
(c) He is afraid of heights.
(d) Because others of his kind cannot.
5. What do Ell and September follow to find their destination?
(a) A carpet of flowers.
(b) A carpet of red cloth.
(c) A red brick walkway.
(d) A path of bread crumbs.
6. Who returns to the Briary?
7. Who takes September from her home?
(a) Green Wind.
(b) Green Water.
(c) Red Wind.
(d) Yellow Earth.
8. Where is the magical item The Marquess wishes to possess?
(a) In a wishing well.
(b) In a casket.
(c) In a cave.
(d) On the bottom of the whirlpool.
9. Who is imprisoned in the lobster cage?
(a) A witch.
(b) A man.
(c) A young boy.
(d) A fairy.
10. What are the names of two women September encounters?
(a) Who and What.
(b) Hello and Goodbye.
(c) When and How.
(d) Up and Down.
11. Who is Penny?
(a) A rescued changling.
(b) A dog cat robot.
(c) A rescued farthling.
(d) A velo who is not working.
12. What do Ell and September come upon after a long day of travel?
(a) The House of Crooked Gables.
(b) The House that warns ahead.
(c) The Seven Houses of the Nine Drawfs.
(d) The House without Warning.
13. What does Ell ask September?
(a) Why she is helping the Marquess.
(b) Where she got her new shoes.
(c) What her real name is.
(d) If she knows where they are going.
14. How is September taken from her home?
(c) With great trauma.
15. Where does the sign post point?
(b) To the West and South.
(c) Four different directions.
(d) To the East and North.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is sprayed into September's eyes?
2. How does September's future look?
3. What is accidentally left behind?
4. To where does Calpurnia offer to accompany the group?
5. What might speed their journey along?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)