|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of the women want September to retrieve from the ruler of Fairyland?
(a) Her magic Wand.
(b) Her magic Mirror.
(c) Her magic Spoon.
(d) Her magic Broom.
2. What portrait is in the hall where September finds herself?
(a) A beautiful queen.
(b) A young, spoiled child.
(c) A handsome king.
(d) A young centaur.
3. What is the Briary?
(a) Ell's grandfather's home.
(b) The home of the Marquess.
(c) The home of the guardian.
(d) A park in Pandemonium.
4. What is the guardian called?
(a) A Switchpoint.
(b) The Keeper of the Scroll.
(c) The Bumbler Point.
(d) A Point of Contact.
5. What is she really seeing?
(a) Fairy gold.
(b) Small pieces of silver and bronze woven together.
(c) Thin layers of construction paper.
(d) She does not know.
6. What does Lye say she knows?
(a) No one's true name, including herself.
(b) Ell's true name.
(c) September's true name.
(d) Mallow's true name.
7. Who does September meet at the entrance to Fairyland?
(a) The Marquess.
(b) The Sandman.
(c) The Green Lantern.
(d) Latitude and Longitude.
8. Who is on a list of beings barred by the ruler of Fairyland?
(a) The Sandman.
(b) The Green Wind.
(c) The Duck.
(d) Betsy Basilstock.
9. What is said about September to convince the customs agent to let her in?
(a) That September's father is King of the Ogres.
(b) That September is always falling.
(c) That September is one of the ravished.
(d) That September is one of the numbered few.
10. What does September offer to do for the now-released prisoner?
(a) Take the former prisoner out of Pandemonium.
(c) Take the former prisoner to Fariy Village.
(d) Find the prisoner's mother.
11. What do Ell and September follow to find their destination?
(a) A carpet of flowers.
(b) A red brick walkway.
(c) A carpet of red cloth.
(d) A path of bread crumbs.
12. Who is Iago?
(a) The Marquess' brother.
(b) The Marquess' panther.
(c) A unicorn September meets just after leaving the Briary.
(d) A young boy whom September meets just after leaving the Briary.
13. Who follows September into Fairyland?
(a) No one.
(b) The Jeweled Key.
(c) The Leopard of Small Breezes.
(d) The Panther of Great Winds.
14. What is another name for bicycle?
15. Why is the wedding between Ghiyath the Jann and Rabab the Marid mentioned?
(a) It is used as an example why marriage is wonderful.
(b) To show what the perfect couple is like.
(c) It is used as an example why marriage is a disaster.
(d) It is shown on a newsreel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must happen to all travelers before going into Pandemonium?
2. Who is the ruler of the place where September is going?
3. How is September taken from her home?
4. Who is Penny?
5. Through how many washes does September go?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)