|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ell and September come upon after a long day of travel?
(a) The House of Crooked Gables.
(b) The House without Warning.
(c) The House that warns ahead.
(d) The Seven Houses of the Nine Drawfs.
2. Where does their path take Ell and September?
3. What is said about September to convince the customs agent to let her in?
(a) That September's father is King of the Ogres.
(b) That September is one of the ravished.
(c) That September is always falling.
(d) That September is one of the numbered few.
4. What is carved into the forehead of the person who lives at the house?
5. What does Lye say she knows?
(a) September's true name.
(b) Mallow's true name.
(c) No one's true name, including herself.
(d) Ell's true name.
6. Who is missing?
(a) Old King Teller.
(b) Good Queen Mallow.
(c) Old Queen Tallow.
(d) Good King Mellow.
7. Through how many washes does September go?
8. Who overthrew the missing person?
(a) The Marquess.
(b) The Duck.
(c) No one.
(d) The Marquis.
9. What does Ell ask September?
(a) Where she got her new shoes.
(b) What her real name is.
(c) If she knows where they are going.
(d) Why she is helping the Marquess.
10. What does September promise to do when she goes to Pandemonium?
(a) Find the book of lyes.
(b) Find the book of truth.
(c) Look for King Tallow.
(d) Look for Queen Mallow.
11. How does September's future look?
(a) Buried in a pile of gold.
(b) Buried in a lumpy pile of gunk.
12. Why were musicians attacked at a concert?
(a) For maligning the Marquess.
(b) For refusing to play the Fairyland national anthem.
(c) For maligning Queen Mallow.
(d) For paying a tribute to Queen Mallow.
13. Why is the wedding between Ghiyath the Jann and Rabab the Marid mentioned?
(a) It is used as an example why marriage is a disaster.
(b) It is shown on a newsreel.
(c) It is used as an example why marriage is wonderful.
(d) To show what the perfect couple is like.
14. What is cut from September?
(a) Her shadow.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her right ear.
(d) Her ring finger.
15. What way does September choose?
(a) To lose her mind.
(b) To lose her family.
(c) To lose her heart.
(d) To not choose.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is the corridor cluttered?
2. Who speaks directly to September from the film?
3. Why doesn't September seem to mind leaving home?
4. Why would Ell like to go on an adventure?
5. Who takes September from her home?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)