|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does September tell Ell she is going?
(a) To the Sugar Castle.
(b) To the White Castle.
(c) To Ozet.
(d) To Pandemonium.
2. Where does the sign post point?
(a) Four different directions.
(c) To the East and North.
(d) To the West and South.
3. What are the gardens like surrounding the Briary?
(c) Full of flowers.
(d) Full of fish ponds.
4. What does the Marquess offer September?
(a) New shoes.
(b) A bowl of fairy cereal.
(c) A new dress.
(d) A glass of rose juice.
5. Upon whose back is September put?
(a) The Lion of Gale Force.
(b) The Elephant of Gentle Breezes.
(c) The Panther of Great Winds.
(d) The Leopard of Little Breezes.
6. What does Ell say will find them?
(a) Their destiny.
(b) A list of instructions.
(c) A means of transportation.
(d) Their guide.
7. How old is September?
8. Where is September's home?
(a) Tulsa, Oklahoma.
(b) Kansas City, Missouri.
(c) Omaha, Nebraska.
(d) North Platte, Nebraska.
9. What are the names of two women September encounters?
(a) Up and Down.
(b) Hello and Goodbye.
(c) Who and What.
(d) When and How.
10. What question does The Marquess ask September?
(a) If September wants to rule alongside The Marquess.
(b) Why her subjects hate the Marquess.
(c) Why September plans to steal the Spoon.
(d) Why September agreed to go with Green Wind.
11. Why doesn't Ell know much about Pandemonium?
(a) He knows a lot but is sworn to secrecy.
(b) Lions are not allowed in Pandemonium.
(c) He never got past "L" in the encyclopedia.
(d) Ell lives in a different part of Fairyland and has not come near the area where Pandemonium is.
12. What do Ell and September follow to find their destination?
(a) A path of bread crumbs.
(b) A red brick walkway.
(c) A carpet of red cloth.
(d) A carpet of flowers.
13. Where is the magical item The Marquess wishes to possess?
(a) In a casket.
(b) In a wishing well.
(c) In a cave.
(d) On the bottom of the whirlpool.
14. What is cut from September?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her right ear.
(c) Her ring finger.
(d) Her shadow.
15. To where does Calpurnia offer to accompany the group?
(a) To the rim of the volcano.
(b) To the edge of the equinox.
(c) To the centerpoint of the Worsted Wood.
(d) No where.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Ell and September pay for the fare?
2. In and out of what does a little girl transform back and forth?
3. Why would Ell like to go on an adventure?
4. What is September coached upon as she rides to her destination?
5. What does September think she is seeing when she spies the shore?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)