|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the sign post point?
(a) To the West and South.
(c) To the East and North.
(d) Four different directions.
2. Why is the person imprisoned in the lobster cage?
(a) As punishment.
(b) So the Marquess can use the person's power.
(c) As a way of testing the person's power.
(d) The person has committed a very heinous crime.
3. Why does September wonder why she was chosen?
(a) She has no father.
(b) She believes there are many who are better than she is.
(c) She does not feel special enough.
(d) She has no mother.
4. What do the witches say they can see?
(a) The past.
(b) The future.
(c) The heart.
(d) The present.
5. Why would Ell like to go on an adventure?
(a) To present himself proudly to his mirror image.
(b) To present himself proudly to his tribe.
(c) To present himself proudly to his grandfather.
(d) To present himself proudly to his mother.
6. Who is Iago?
(a) A young boy whom September meets just after leaving the Briary.
(b) A unicorn September meets just after leaving the Briary.
(c) The Marquess' panther.
(d) The Marquess' brother.
7. How do the two get into where they are?
(a) They sneak in the back door.
(b) More gems from the scepter.
(c) They have been expected and are ushered right in.
(d) Ask by saying "please."
8. Who is on a list of beings barred by the ruler of Fairyland?
(a) Betsy Basilstock.
(b) The Sandman.
(c) The Duck.
(d) The Green Wind.
9. What does September offer to do for the now-released prisoner?
(b) Find the prisoner's mother.
(c) Take the former prisoner to Fariy Village.
(d) Take the former prisoner out of Pandemonium.
10. Who overthrew the missing person?
(a) The Marquess.
(b) No one.
(c) The Duck.
(d) The Marquis.
11. What is another name for bicycle?
12. How was the city of Pandemonium made?
(a) Out of fairy dust.
(b) By all the negative emotions of its inhabitants.
(c) Out of dragonfly wings.
(d) By Queen Mallow sewing together various sorts of cloth.
13. Who is chosen as the tithe child?
(c) The snake boy,
(d) The jackal girl.
14. What does September find in her pocket?
(a) An hourglass.
(b) A spy glass.
(c) A crystal globe.
(d) A gold key.
15. Where does their path take Ell and September?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does September's future look?
2. What is carved into the forehead of the person who lives at the house?
3. What might speed their journey along?
4. What does the Marquess offer September?
5. What does September do with the Spoon?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)