|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does The Marquess offer September?
(a) A unicorn to ride.
(c) A golden crown.
(d) The Spoon.
2. What is a Marid?
(a) A wood nymph.
(b) A bridge troll.
(c) An earth sprite.
(d) A water spirit.
3. Who is on a list of beings barred by the ruler of Fairyland?
(a) Betsy Basilstock.
(b) The Duck.
(c) The Green Wind.
(d) The Sandman.
4. What does September find in her pocket?
(a) An hourglass.
(b) A gold key.
(c) A spy glass.
(d) A crystal globe.
5. Who takes September from her home?
(a) Yellow Earth.
(b) Red Wind.
(c) Green Wind.
(d) Green Water.
6. Upon whose back is September put?
(a) The Panther of Great Winds.
(b) The Elephant of Gentle Breezes.
(c) The Lion of Gale Force.
(d) The Leopard of Little Breezes.
7. What is September coached upon as she rides to her destination?
(a) The rules of Fairyland.
(b) The rules of Stuporland.
(c) The rules of Disneyworld.
(d) The rules of Wonderland.
8. Who wakes September the next day?
(a) A miniature elephant.
(b) A large dragonfly.
(c) A wyvern.
(d) A miniature lion.
9. How old is the Marquess?
(a) Several years older than September.
(b) No older than September.
(c) A couple years younger than September.
(d) Twenty years older than September.
10. How was the city of Pandemonium made?
(a) By all the negative emotions of its inhabitants.
(b) By Queen Mallow sewing together various sorts of cloth.
(c) Out of dragonfly wings.
(d) Out of fairy dust.
11. What does Ell ask September?
(a) Why she is helping the Marquess.
(b) What her real name is.
(c) Where she got her new shoes.
(d) If she knows where they are going.
12. What is another name for bicycle?
13. Who is disguised as a giant gargoyle?
(a) The Duck.
(b) Betsy Basilstock.
(c) The Sandman.
(d) The Marquess.
14. Who is imprisoned in the lobster cage?
(a) A man.
(b) A fairy.
(c) A witch.
(d) A young boy.
15. Why doesn't September seem to mind leaving home?
(a) She has always loved adventures.
(b) She's too young to know better.
(c) Her parents are dead.
(d) Her grandmother is mean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does The Marquess ask September?
2. Who is Penny?
3. What did the creature that wakes September memorize?
4. What do Ell and September follow to find their destination?
5. Where does September eventually get?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)