|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the wedding between Ghiyath the Jann and Rabab the Marid mentioned?
(a) It is shown on a newsreel.
(b) To show what the perfect couple is like.
(c) It is used as an example why marriage is wonderful.
(d) It is used as an example why marriage is a disaster.
2. Why does Ell refuse to fly?
(a) He does not know how.
(b) He is afraid of the Marquess.
(c) He is afraid of heights.
(d) Because others of his kind cannot.
3. What must happen to all travelers before going into Pandemonium?
(a) They must tell a truth about themselves.
(b) They must be dipped in syrup.
(c) They must be dipped in gold.
(d) They must be washed.
4. What does September offer to do for the now-released prisoner?
(a) Find the prisoner's mother.
(b) Take the former prisoner to Fariy Village.
(c) Take the former prisoner out of Pandemonium.
5. How old is September?
6. Who overthrew the missing person?
(a) The Marquess.
(b) No one.
(c) The Marquis.
(d) The Duck.
7. How was the city of Pandemonium made?
(a) Out of dragonfly wings.
(b) By all the negative emotions of its inhabitants.
(c) By Queen Mallow sewing together various sorts of cloth.
(d) Out of fairy dust.
8. What do the witches say they can see?
(a) The heart.
(b) The future.
(c) The present.
(d) The past.
9. Who is on a list of beings barred by the ruler of Fairyland?
(a) The Sandman.
(b) The Duck.
(c) Betsy Basilstock.
(d) The Green Wind.
10. What did the creature that wakes September memorize?
(a) Everything in the encyclopedia from A to Z.
(b) Everything in the encyclopedia from A to L.
(c) All the poems written by The Fairy Queen.
(d) Everything in the encyclopedia from M to Z.
11. What does the Marquess offer September?
(a) A new dress.
(b) A bowl of fairy cereal.
(c) A glass of rose juice.
(d) New shoes.
12. What do Ell and September follow to find their destination?
(a) A carpet of flowers.
(b) A red brick walkway.
(c) A path of bread crumbs.
(d) A carpet of red cloth.
13. What are the names of two women September encounters?
(a) Hello and Goodbye.
(b) When and How.
(c) Up and Down.
(d) Who and What.
14. Upon whose back is September put?
(a) The Leopard of Little Breezes.
(b) The Elephant of Gentle Breezes.
(c) The Panther of Great Winds.
(d) The Lion of Gale Force.
15. What does September pick up as she is walking which she thinks may come in useful?
(a) Glass slippers.
(b) A diamond bracelet.
(c) A set of ruby earrings.
(d) A jeweled septer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can a Marid do?
2. What does September reject from the Marquess?
3. Who lives at the house they come upon?
4. What does September think she is seeing when she spies the shore?
5. Where is September's home?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)