|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the sign post point?
(a) To the East and North.
(b) Four different directions.
(c) To the West and South.
2. What is carved into the forehead of the person who lives at the house?
3. Who follows September into Fairyland?
(a) No one.
(b) The Leopard of Small Breezes.
(c) The Jeweled Key.
(d) The Panther of Great Winds.
4. What is the name of the witches' husband?
5. Where must the travelers pass through in order to get to Pandemonium?
(a) The house of seven roofs.
(b) Truth's house.
(c) Lye's house.
(d) The house of Nine Crooks.
6. How old is the Marquess?
(a) Twenty years older than September.
(b) No older than September.
(c) A couple years younger than September.
(d) Several years older than September.
7. Who does September hear calling?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Green Wind.
(d) The purple leopard.
8. Through how many washes does September go?
9. With what is the corridor cluttered?
(b) Stuffed animals.
(c) Long-unused objects.
10. Where is the magical item The Marquess wishes to possess?
(a) In a cave.
(b) In a wishing well.
(c) On the bottom of the whirlpool.
(d) In a casket.
11. What is another name for bicycle?
12. What doesn't September do as she is leaving home?
(b) Eat breakfast.
(c) Wave goodbye.
(d) Brush her teeth.
13. Who lives at the house they come upon?
14. How does September's future look?
(a) Buried in a pile of gold.
(c) Buried in a lumpy pile of gunk.
15. Where does September eventually get?
(a) To a tree root in the middle of the pond.
(b) To the steps.
(d) The shore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is disguised as a giant gargoyle?
2. What does September pick up as she is walking which she thinks may come in useful?
3. What is sprayed into September's eyes?
4. Who is chosen as the tithe child?
5. What do Ell and September follow to find their destination?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)