|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does September eventually get?
(b) To a tree root in the middle of the pond.
(c) The shore.
(d) To the steps.
2. For what do they use the sash from the Green Jacket?
(a) To tie Saturday to a tree so he cannot follow.
(b) To lasso a velo.
(c) To tie Ell to a tree so he cannot follow.
(d) To lasso a Tram.
3. What way does September choose?
(a) To not choose.
(b) To lose her mind.
(c) To lose her heart.
(d) To lose her family.
4. Who is imprisoned in the lobster cage?
(a) A young boy.
(b) A witch.
(c) A man.
(d) A fairy.
5. Who is disguised as a giant gargoyle?
(a) Betsy Basilstock.
(b) The Marquess.
(c) The Sandman.
(d) The Duck.
6. What does one of the women want September to retrieve from the ruler of Fairyland?
(a) Her magic Spoon.
(b) Her magic Broom.
(c) Her magic Wand.
(d) Her magic Mirror.
7. Who overthrew the missing person?
(a) The Marquess.
(b) No one.
(c) The Marquis.
(d) The Duck.
8. Who lives at the house they come upon?
9. Where is September's home?
(a) Omaha, Nebraska.
(b) Kansas City, Missouri.
(c) North Platte, Nebraska.
(d) Tulsa, Oklahoma.
10. What are the gardens like surrounding the Briary?
(c) Full of fish ponds.
(d) Full of flowers.
11. What does Ell say will find them?
(a) A list of instructions.
(b) Their guide.
(c) A means of transportation.
(d) Their destiny.
12. Why is the person imprisoned in the lobster cage?
(a) As punishment.
(b) So the Marquess can use the person's power.
(c) As a way of testing the person's power.
(d) The person has committed a very heinous crime.
13. What does Lye say she knows?
(a) Ell's true name.
(b) September's true name.
(c) No one's true name, including herself.
(d) Mallow's true name.
14. What must happen to all travelers before going into Pandemonium?
(a) They must be dipped in syrup.
(b) They must tell a truth about themselves.
(c) They must be dipped in gold.
(d) They must be washed.
15. Who follows September into Fairyland?
(a) The Jeweled Key.
(b) The Panther of Great Winds.
(c) No one.
(d) The Leopard of Small Breezes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Marid?
2. What doesn't September do as she is leaving home?
3. What is cut from September?
4. Through how many washes does September go?
5. What is sprayed into September's eyes?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)