|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does September meet at the entrance to Fairyland?
(a) The Sandman.
(b) The Green Lantern.
(c) Latitude and Longitude.
(d) The Marquess.
2. Who is disguised as a giant gargoyle?
(a) Betsy Basilstock.
(b) The Duck.
(c) The Sandman.
(d) The Marquess.
3. Where does the sign post point?
(a) To the East and North.
(b) Four different directions.
(d) To the West and South.
4. Where is the Barleybroom River?
(a) No where; it does not exist.
(b) On the boundary of Pandemonium.
(c) In a field near the house of Truth.
(d) In a dream September has.
5. Who takes September from her home?
(a) Yellow Earth.
(b) Green Wind.
(c) Red Wind.
(d) Green Water.
6. In and out of what does a little girl transform back and forth?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A jackal.
(d) A hawk.
7. Where does September tell Ell she is going?
(a) To Ozet.
(b) To the White Castle.
(c) To Pandemonium.
(d) To the Sugar Castle.
8. Why is the person imprisoned in the lobster cage?
(a) As a way of testing the person's power.
(b) The person has committed a very heinous crime.
(c) As punishment.
(d) So the Marquess can use the person's power.
9. What does Ell say will find them?
(a) Their destiny.
(b) A list of instructions.
(c) Their guide.
(d) A means of transportation.
10. Who is missing?
(a) Old King Teller.
(b) Good King Mellow.
(c) Old Queen Tallow.
(d) Good Queen Mallow.
11. Where is September swimming for her life?
(a) The drowning pond.
(b) The whirlpool of forgetfulness.
(c) The Marquess' swimming pool.
(d) Perverse and Perilous sea.
12. What is accidentally left behind?
(a) A sock.
(b) One shoe.
(c) September's hat.
(d) A glove.
13. What is one choice September can make?
(a) To choose nothing.
(b) To lose her way.
(c) To gain great riches.
(d) To quit and go home.
14. How do the two get into where they are?
(a) More gems from the scepter.
(b) They sneak in the back door.
(c) Ask by saying "please."
(d) They have been expected and are ushered right in.
15. What is said about September to convince the customs agent to let her in?
(a) That September is always falling.
(b) That September is one of the ravished.
(c) That September's father is King of the Ogres.
(d) That September is one of the numbered few.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is the corridor cluttered?
2. What does September find in her pocket?
3. How do Ell and September pay for the fare?
4. What does September pick up as she is walking which she thinks may come in useful?
5. Who overthrew the missing person?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)