|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the gardens like surrounding the Briary?
(b) Full of fish ponds.
(d) Full of flowers.
2. Why doesn't Ell know much about Pandemonium?
(a) He never got past "L" in the encyclopedia.
(b) Ell lives in a different part of Fairyland and has not come near the area where Pandemonium is.
(c) He knows a lot but is sworn to secrecy.
(d) Lions are not allowed in Pandemonium.
3. What way does September choose?
(a) To not choose.
(b) To lose her mind.
(c) To lose her heart.
(d) To lose her family.
4. Where must the travelers pass through in order to get to Pandemonium?
(a) Truth's house.
(b) The house of seven roofs.
(c) The house of Nine Crooks.
(d) Lye's house.
5. Who is missing?
(a) Good Queen Mallow.
(b) Good King Mellow.
(c) Old Queen Tallow.
(d) Old King Teller.
6. What do Ell and September come upon after a long day of travel?
(a) The House without Warning.
(b) The Seven Houses of the Nine Drawfs.
(c) The House that warns ahead.
(d) The House of Crooked Gables.
7. How old is September?
8. Where does their path take Ell and September?
9. What does September find in her pocket?
(a) A crystal globe.
(b) A gold key.
(c) An hourglass.
(d) A spy glass.
10. What is another name for bicycle?
11. Where does September tell Ell she is going?
(a) To the Sugar Castle.
(b) To Pandemonium.
(c) To Ozet.
(d) To the White Castle.
12. What did the creature that wakes September memorize?
(a) Everything in the encyclopedia from M to Z.
(b) Everything in the encyclopedia from A to L.
(c) Everything in the encyclopedia from A to Z.
(d) All the poems written by The Fairy Queen.
13. What is the guardian called?
(a) A Switchpoint.
(b) The Bumbler Point.
(c) A Point of Contact.
(d) The Keeper of the Scroll.
14. How was the city of Pandemonium made?
(a) Out of fairy dust.
(b) Out of dragonfly wings.
(c) By all the negative emotions of its inhabitants.
(d) By Queen Mallow sewing together various sorts of cloth.
15. Who is disguised as a giant gargoyle?
(a) The Duck.
(b) The Sandman.
(c) The Marquess.
(d) Betsy Basilstock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of two women September encounters?
2. Who is on a list of beings barred by the ruler of Fairyland?
3. What are the Glashtyn?
4. Who is imprisoned in the lobster cage?
5. What is September coached upon as she rides to her destination?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)