|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna discover under the bed that leads her to believe Tom is lying to her on August 17, 2013?
2. What name did Megan give to the baby that she had?
3. Why does Rachel say she feels most guilty after her session with Dr. Abdic on August 6, 2013?
4. What headline does Rachel see on the cover of a tabloid on August 7, 2013?
5. What happens in the end of Anna's narrative on August 18, 2013?
Short Essay Questions
1. What set off Rachel's alcoholism, according to her discussion with Dr. Abdic on August 8, 2013?
2. How does Anna respond when she is shown the tabloid heading regarding Megan on August 7, 2013?
3. What inspires Anna to contact Detective Sergeant Riley on August 10, 2013?
4. Why is Scott upset when Rachel arrives at his home on August 15, 2013?
5. How does Rachel describe her encounter with the red-haired man on the train on August 3, 2013?
6. What leads to Anna's increasing suspicion and jealousy regarding her husband on August 14, 2013?
7. How does Dr. Abdic suggest Rachel go about recovering her memories during their session on August 13, 2013?
8. What memory returns to Rachel when she goes to the underpass on August 13, 2013?
9. Why does Scott say he is worried about Rachel when they meet at Wilton Lake?
10. What does Anna find in Tom's gym bag on August 17, 2013? What does this object indicate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the themes of fantasy, imagination, and voyeurism in The Girl on the Train. How does the author develop these themes through character? How are these themes supported by symbolism? How does the setting contribute to these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the events surrounding Megan's death in the novel. Who kills Megan? Why? How are these events revealed? What are the repercussions of Megan's murder?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the character of Andy in The Girl on the Train. Where does Rachel first encounter Andy? What takes place on their subsequent encounters? What role does Andy play in uncovering the mystery of Megan's murder?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)