|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did Megan give to the baby that she had?
2. What has been discovered by the police on August 9, 2013?
3. With whom does Megan say she moved in after she left Ipswich?
4. For how many days did Rachel remain sober before she drank with Scott, according to the narrative on August 10, 2013?
5. How old was Evie in September of last year, according to Anna's narrative on August 17, 2013?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads to Anna's increasing suspicion and jealousy regarding her husband on August 14, 2013?
2. What were Megan's circumstances when she became pregnant in her youth?
3. How does Rachel describe her encounter with the red-haired man on the train on August 3, 2013?
4. Why does Anna envy Tom in her narrative from August 13, 2013?
5. How does Tom respond when Anna tells him she saw Rachel in the neighborhood the previous day on August 14, 2013?
6. What does Rachel reveal about her drinking to Dr. Abdic at her first session on August 4, 2013?
7. How did Megan's child die? How did this affect her?
8. How do Rachel and Scott respond to having slept together on August 10, 2013?
9. How does Anna respond when Tom suggests they take a vacation on August 14, 2013?
10. What does Dr. Abdic suggest to Megan regarding her past and Mac on June 20, 2013?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the plot structure of The Girl on the Train. Where in the story does the exposition transition into rising action? Where does the climax occur? What information is revealed to the reader in the falling action and denouement?
Essay Topic 2
What characteristics of the three narrators make them unreliable? Which narrator's perspective appears the most reliable in the course of the novel? How does the unreliability of these narrators influence the progression, mood, and tone of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the relationship between Megan and Scott in the novel. For how long have Megan and Scott been married? How would you characterize their feelings for one another? Are they happy in their marriage? Why or why not?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)