|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Megan's baby die?
2. What has been discovered by the police on August 9, 2013?
3. Where does Cathy's note say she has gone to lunch with Damien on August 4, 2013?
4. When Tom returns home from work on August 7, 2013, Anna issues him an ultimatum. What does Anna demand of Tom?
5. What is Rachel drinking on the train as she travels to see Scott on August 9, 2013?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Scott ask to come to Rachel's home on August 7, 2013?
2. Why is Scott upset when Rachel arrives at his home on August 15, 2013?
3. What inspires Anna to contact Detective Sergeant Riley on August 10, 2013?
4. What does Anna find in Tom's gym bag on August 17, 2013? What does this object indicate?
5. What memory returns to Rachel when she goes to the underpass on August 13, 2013?
6. How does Anna respond when she is shown the tabloid heading regarding Megan on August 7, 2013?
7. Why does Anna envy Tom in her narrative from August 13, 2013?
8. How does Tom respond when Anna tells him she saw Rachel in the neighborhood the previous day on August 14, 2013?
9. How does Rachel describe her encounter with the red-haired man on the train on August 3, 2013?
10. What does Dr. Abdic suggest to Megan regarding her past and Mac on June 20, 2013?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Cathy's character in the novel. How did Cathy and Rachel meet? How would you describe their current relationship? How does their relationship change in the course of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Rachel's relationship with Scott in the novel. How does Rachel first meet Scott? How does their relationship progress? How does it end?
Essay Topic 3
What characteristics of the three narrators make them unreliable? Which narrator's perspective appears the most reliable in the course of the novel? How does the unreliability of these narrators influence the progression, mood, and tone of the novel?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)