|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the family liaison officer that Scott says came by his house on July 21, 2013?
(a) Detective Sergean Gujral.
(b) Detective Sergeant Riley.
(c) Detective Inspector Gaskill.
(d) Detective Inspector Watson.
2. How many times does Rachel say she called Tom the night before, according to her phone log on July 11, 2013?
(a) Three times.
(b) Two times.
(c) Five times.
(d) Four times.
3. What does Anna plan to cook for lunch on her birthday on July 20, 2013?
(a) Chicken soup.
(b) Roasted chicken.
(c) Pot roast.
(d) Ham sandwiches.
4. What does Rachel read Dr. Abdic has a previous conviction for in the newspapers on July 23, 2013?
(a) Second-degree murder.
(b) Domestic violence.
(c) Statutory rape.
(d) Medical malpractice.
5. Where does Scott say he was attending a conference on Friday when he speaks with Rachel on July 21, 2013?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Anna and Tom's daughter?
2. What color hair is Jess described as having?
3. Where did Dr. Abdic lose his father and two older brothers?
4. Where does the 8:04 slow train travel, according to Rachel in the beginning of the novel?
5. What is Megan's former job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What profession does Rachel suspect Jason has in the beginning of the novel? Why?
2. What does Rachel reveal to Scott when she first meets him at his house on July 20, 2013?
3. How does Rachel describe the incident with Anna and her baby in the narrative from July 20, 2013?
4. How did Rachel come to live with Cathy? What is their relationship like?
5. Why is Rachel considered to be an unreliable narrator in The Girl on the Train?
6. Whose picture does Rachel point out when she interviews with Detective Inspector Gaskill on July 19, 2013? Why?
7. On what date does Rachel's narrative begin in the opening of the novel? What is Rachel looking at outside of the train window?
8. What has Cathy discovered about Rachel's job on July 29, 2013? How does she respond?
9. What does Rachel discover she has written to Tom in an email the prior night on July 20, 2013?
10. How does Anna respond when she encounters Rachel leaving Scott's house on July 22, 2013?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)