|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel read Dr. Abdic has a previous conviction for in the newspapers on July 23, 2013?
(a) Medical malpractice.
(b) Domestic violence.
(c) Second-degree murder.
(d) Statutory rape.
2. What does Rachel drink a small bottle of on the train in the evening on July 8, 2013?
(a) Cabernet Sauvignon.
(c) Chenin Blanc.
3. On what day of the week does Megan's narrative begin on May 16, 2012?
4. For how long have Cathy and Damien seeing one another, according to the narrative of July 21, 2013?
(a) Just over three years.
(b) Almost two years.
(c) Almost one year.
(d) Almost six months.
5. What does the narrator describe the grave being marked with in the prologue to the novel?
(a) A wooden cross.
(b) A marble statue.
(c) A cairn.
(d) A vase of flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time does Rachel describe having taken the train from Ashbury to meet Scott the day before on July 21, 2013?
2. Who does Scott tell Megan has asked them to dinner on March 21, 2013?
3. For how long does Rachel say Megan has been missing as she rides the train on the morning of July 19, 2013?
4. Where does Damien know Martin Miles from?
5. What does Megan decide to tell Scott as the reason she quit her nannying job on August 16, 2012?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the house at Number 15 Blenheim Road described by Rachel on Monday, July 8, 2013?
2. How does Megan respond to Dr. Abdic's rejection on March 21, 2013?
3. How common does Rachel describe "death by train" on Tuesday, July 9, 2013?
4. How does Rachel respond to seeing Jess kiss a man who is not her husband? Why?
5. On what date does Rachel's narrative begin in the opening of the novel? What is Rachel looking at outside of the train window?
6. What does Rachel discover she has written to Tom in an email the prior night on July 20, 2013?
7. How does Anna feel about living at 23 Blenheim Road?
8. How does Anna respond when she encounters Rachel leaving Scott's house on July 22, 2013?
9. Why is Cathy upset with her boyfriend on July 21, 2013?
10. What has Cathy discovered about Rachel's job on July 29, 2013? How does she respond?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)