|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the pub on Kingly Road that Megan passes on her walk on September 25, 2012?
(a) The White Horse.
(b) The Pony.
(c) The Silver Cross.
(d) The Rose.
2. Where does Rachel learn that Dr. Abdic is from on the news on July 23, 2013?
3. What term does Rachel use when describing a patient developing feelings for his/her therapist on July 29, 2013?
4. What is Megan's former job?
(a) She was a high school teacher.
(b) She was a jewelry salesperson.
(c) She was an art gallery manager.
(d) She was a hedge-fund investor.
5. About how many people does Rachel estimate die on the train tracks per year?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago did Rachel move in with Cathy, according to the narrative on July 9, 2013?
2. Where did Rachel take her first holiday with Tom?
3. Where does Damien know Martin Miles from?
4. On what day of the week does Megan's narrative begin on May 16, 2012?
5. How old is Megan when she goes missing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Cathy discovered about Rachel's job on July 29, 2013? How does she respond?
2. How does Megan regard her marriage and life when she is first introduced on May 16, 2012?
3. How does Rachel envision the relationship between Jason and Jess early in the novel?
4. How does Anna feel about living at 23 Blenheim Road?
5. What does Scott reveal to Rachel about the night of Megan's disappearance on July 21, 2013?
6. How does Rachel explain she knew Megan when she writes him on July 20, 2013? Why?
7. How does Megan respond to Dr. Abdic's rejection on March 21, 2013?
8. What led to the dissolution of Rachel's marriage to Tom?
9. How did Rachel come to live with Cathy? What is their relationship like?
10. What does Rachel discover she has written to Tom in an email the prior night on July 20, 2013?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)