|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the pub on Kingly Road that Megan passes on her walk on September 25, 2012?
(a) The White Horse.
(b) The Silver Cross.
(c) The Pony.
(d) The Rose.
2. What is the number of Rachel's favorite trackside house?
(a) Number 19.
(b) Number 12.
(c) Number 15.
(d) Number 23.
3. Where does Rachel say she used to live in her email to Scott that is revealed on July 20, 2013?
(c) Delly End.
4. On what day of the week does Rachel's narrative begin in the opening of the novel?
5. Where does Damien know Martin Miles from?
(a) Bank of Oxford.
(b) Laing Fund Management.
(c) Bank of America.
(d) Anderson and Williams Insurance.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Rachel first take a holiday with Tom?
2. Where does Rachel learn that Dr. Abdic is from on the news on July 23, 2013?
3. What kind of birds does the narrator describe laughing at her in the prologue?
4. What train does Rachel say she takes in the evenings on July 9, 2013?
5. For whom does Megan describe working as a nanny on August 14, 2012?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Megan regard her marriage and life when she is first introduced on May 16, 2012?
2. What does Scott remark about Megan's therapy sessions on March 8, 2013?
3. How does Rachel describe her appearance in the beginning of the novel?
4. How does Anna feel about living at 23 Blenheim Road?
5. What does Rachel reveal to Scott when she first meets him at his house on July 20, 2013?
6. What does Scott reveal to Rachel about the night of Megan's disappearance on July 21, 2013?
7. Why is Rachel considered to be an unreliable narrator in The Girl on the Train?
8. How does Rachel describe the home at Number 23, Blenheim Road on Tuesday, July 9, 2013?
9. How does Rachel envision the relationship between Jason and Jess early in the novel?
10. How common does Rachel describe "death by train" on Tuesday, July 9, 2013?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)