|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel drink on the evening train on July 5, 2013?
(b) White Russians.
(c) Pre-mixed gin and tonics.
(d) Cabernet Sauvignon.
2. Where on Blenheim Road did Rachel live with Tom?
(a) Number 15.
(b) Number 19.
(c) Number 23.
(d) Number 43.
3. Where does Megan say she keeps traveling back in her head on May 16, 2012?
(a) To Holkham.
(b) To London.
(c) To Binghamton.
(d) To Paris.
4. Where does Rachel learn that Dr. Abdic is from on the news on July 23, 2013?
5. What term does Rachel use when describing a patient developing feelings for his/her therapist on July 29, 2013?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Rachel take her first holiday with Tom?
2. How long is the journey on the 8:04 slow train supposed to take?
3. For how long did Rachel and Tom live together?
4. Where does Dr. Abdic say he is from when Megan asks him on September 20, 2012?
5. What does Tom give to Anna for her birthday on July 20, 2013?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rachel reveal to Scott when she first meets him at his house on July 20, 2013?
2. How does Rachel describe the incident with Anna and her baby in the narrative from July 20, 2013?
3. How does Rachel envision the relationship between Jason and Jess early in the novel?
4. How does Rachel explain she knew Megan when she writes him on July 20, 2013? Why?
5. How is the house at Number 15 Blenheim Road described by Rachel on Monday, July 8, 2013?
6. On what date does Rachel's narrative begin in the opening of the novel? What is Rachel looking at outside of the train window?
7. How common does Rachel describe "death by train" on Tuesday, July 9, 2013?
8. How did Rachel come to live with Cathy? What is their relationship like?
9. What does Scott remark about Megan's therapy sessions on March 8, 2013?
10. What does Scott reveal to Rachel about the night of Megan's disappearance on July 21, 2013?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)