|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Dr. Abdic lose his father and two older brothers?
2. What news page does Rachel immediately open after opening her laptop on July 23, 2013?
(a) BBC News.
(b) Metro News.
(c) CBS News.
(d) ITV News.
3. What is Tom's last name?
4. Megan says on August 16, 2012, "I had a teacher at school who told me once that I was a mistress of" what?
(b) "Modern art."
(c) "Theater and dance."
5. For how long have Cathy and Damien seeing one another, according to the narrative of July 21, 2013?
(a) Almost six months.
(b) Almost two years.
(c) Just over three years.
(d) Almost one year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tom tell Rachel to go when he calls her on the evening of July 11, 2013?
2. Rachel says early in the novel, "Life is not a paragraph and death is no" what?
3. How old was Dr. Abdic when he came to Britain as a refugee?
4. How long is the journey on the 8:04 slow train supposed to take?
5. Where does Scott say he was attending a conference on Friday when he speaks with Rachel on July 21, 2013?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rachel envision the relationship between Jason and Jess early in the novel?
2. Whose picture does Rachel point out when she interviews with Detective Inspector Gaskill on July 19, 2013? Why?
3. How does Rachel explain she knew Megan when she writes him on July 20, 2013? Why?
4. What does Rachel discover she has written to Tom in an email the prior night on July 20, 2013?
5. Why is Rachel considered to be an unreliable narrator in The Girl on the Train?
6. What does Rachel reveal to Scott when she first meets him at his house on July 20, 2013?
7. How common does Rachel describe "death by train" on Tuesday, July 9, 2013?
8. How did Rachel come to live with Cathy? What is their relationship like?
9. How does Anna respond when she encounters Rachel leaving Scott's house on July 22, 2013?
10. How does Megan respond to Dr. Abdic's rejection on March 21, 2013?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)