|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how many people does Rachel estimate die on the train tracks per year?
2. Rachel notes on July 23, 2013 that Ted Bundy looked like whom?
(a) Hugh Hefner.
(b) Cary Grant.
(c) James Dean.
(d) Jim Morrison.
3. Megan says on August 16, 2012, "I had a teacher at school who told me once that I was a mistress of" what?
(b) "Modern art."
(c) "Theater and dance."
4. When did Rachel first take a holiday with Tom?
5. Who does Scott tell Megan has asked them to dinner on March 21, 2013?
(b) Detective Inspector Gaskill.
6. On what day of the week does Megan's narrative begin on May 16, 2012?
7. Who does Rachel identify as the man she saw Megan kissing on the day before she disappeared?
(a) Craig McKenzie.
(b) Scott Hipwell.
(c) Rajesh Gujral.
(d) Kamal Abdic.
8. How long is the journey on the 8:04 slow train supposed to take?
(a) 54 minutes.
(b) 95 minutes.
(c) 26 minutes.
(d) 39 minutes.
9. For how long have Cathy and Damien seeing one another, according to the narrative of July 21, 2013?
(a) Almost six months.
(b) Almost one year.
(c) Just over three years.
(d) Almost two years.
10. For how long did Rachel and Tom live together?
(a) Five years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Seven years.
11. What does the narrator describe the grave being marked with in the prologue to the novel?
(a) A wooden cross.
(b) A cairn.
(c) A vase of flowers.
(d) A marble statue.
12. Where does Dr. Abdic say he is from when Megan asks him on September 20, 2012?
13. What term does Rachel use when describing a patient developing feelings for his/her therapist on July 29, 2013?
14. What is the number of Rachel's favorite trackside house?
(a) Number 23.
(b) Number 12.
(c) Number 15.
(d) Number 19.
15. What is Megan's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What train does Rachel say she takes in the evenings on July 9, 2013?
2. Where has Damien gone to visit his mother on July 21, 2013?
3. Rachel says early in the novel, "Life is not a paragraph and death is no" what?
4. Where does the 8:04 slow train travel, according to Rachel in the beginning of the novel?
5. Where did Dr. Abdic lose his father and two older brothers?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)