|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Megan describe working as a nanny on August 14, 2012?
(a) Tom and Anna.
(b) Tom and Rachel.
(c) Andrew and Mary.
(d) Rachel and Scott.
2. Who took Rachel to the side and told her she needed to go home because she was drunk in her memory from July 24, 2013?
(a) Robert Walker.
(b) Martin Miles.
(c) Rajesh Gujral.
(d) Michael Green.
3. When did Rachel first take a holiday with Tom?
4. What is the name of the pub on Kingly Road that Megan passes on her walk on September 25, 2012?
(a) The Silver Cross.
(b) The Rose.
(c) The White Horse.
(d) The Pony.
5. Where does Megan say she is going to persuade Scott to take her to dinner at an Italian restaurant in the evening on May 16, 2012?
(a) Evermore Road.
(b) Kingly Road.
(c) Scotland Road.
(d) Buckinghamshire Road.
6. Rachel notes on July 23, 2013 that Ted Bundy looked like whom?
(a) Cary Grant.
(b) Jim Morrison.
(c) Hugh Hefner.
(d) James Dean.
7. Where does Damien know Martin Miles from?
(a) Anderson and Williams Insurance.
(b) Laing Fund Management.
(c) Bank of America.
(d) Bank of Oxford.
8. Where did Dr. Abdic lose his father and two older brothers?
9. What does the narrator describe the grave being marked with in the prologue to the novel?
(a) A marble statue.
(b) A vase of flowers.
(c) A cairn.
(d) A wooden cross.
10. Where is Megan placing an application to take a fabrics course, according to the narrative of May 16, 2012?
(a) Brown University.
(b) Oxford University.
(c) Lancaster University.
(d) St. Martin's College.
11. What term does Rachel use when describing a patient developing feelings for his/her therapist on July 29, 2013?
12. With whom did Rachel spend an hour at the interview room on July 19, 2013?
(a) Detective Inspector Anderson.
(b) Detective Sergeant Hipwell.
(c) Detective Sergeant Riley.
(d) Detective Inspector Gaskill.
13. What does Anna plan to cook for lunch on her birthday on July 20, 2013?
(a) Chicken soup.
(b) Ham sandwiches.
(c) Pot roast.
(d) Roasted chicken.
14. What does Tom give to Anna for her birthday on July 20, 2013?
(a) A new car.
(b) A new television.
(c) A black silk teddy.
(d) A pearl necklace.
15. What color hair is Jess described as having?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Scott tell Megan has asked them to dinner on March 21, 2013?
2. Rachel says early in the novel, "Life is not a paragraph and death is no" what?
3. About how many people does Rachel estimate die on the train tracks per year?
4. For how long have Cathy and Damien seeing one another, according to the narrative of July 21, 2013?
5. What is Tom's last name?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)