|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Scott say he was attending a conference on Friday when he speaks with Rachel on July 21, 2013?
2. Where does Rachel learn that Dr. Abdic is from on the news on July 23, 2013?
3. Where does Megan say she keeps traveling back in her head on May 16, 2012?
(a) To Paris.
(b) To Binghamton.
(c) To London.
(d) To Holkham.
4. What is Tom's last name?
5. Where does Megan say she is going to persuade Scott to take her to dinner at an Italian restaurant in the evening on May 16, 2012?
(a) Kingly Road.
(b) Buckinghamshire Road.
(c) Scotland Road.
(d) Evermore Road.
6. How long ago did Rachel move in with Cathy, according to the narrative on July 9, 2013?
(a) Almost two months ago.
(b) Almost three years ago.
(c) Almost two years ago.
(d) Almost six months ago.
7. What does Tom give to Anna for her birthday on July 20, 2013?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) A new car.
(c) A new television.
(d) A black silk teddy.
8. What is the name of Cathy's boyfriend?
9. What does Rachel drink a small bottle of on the train in the evening on July 8, 2013?
(b) Cabernet Sauvignon.
(c) Chenin Blanc.
10. How long is the journey on the 8:04 slow train supposed to take?
(a) 54 minutes.
(b) 39 minutes.
(c) 95 minutes.
(d) 26 minutes.
11. Who was Rachel's former best friend that she yelled at after her marriage dissolved, according to the narrative on July 21, 2013?
12. Who does Rachel identify as the man she saw Megan kissing on the day before she disappeared?
(a) Rajesh Gujral.
(b) Kamal Abdic.
(c) Craig McKenzie.
(d) Scott Hipwell.
13. Rachel says early in the novel, "Life is not a paragraph and death is no" what?
(a) "Question mark."
14. For how long have Cathy and Damien seeing one another, according to the narrative of July 21, 2013?
(a) Almost two years.
(b) Just over three years.
(c) Almost six months.
(d) Almost one year.
15. How old was Dr. Abdic when he came to Britain as a refugee?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day of the week does Megan's narrative begin on May 16, 2012?
2. For whom does Megan describe working as a nanny on August 14, 2012?
3. Rachel says on the morning of July 23, 2013, "It takes me a while to realize what I'm feeling when I wake. There's a rush of elation, tempered with something else..." What is the "something else" she feels?
4. Who is at Scott's side as he exits his home on the news on August 1, 2013?
5. What does the narrator describe the grave being marked with in the prologue to the novel?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)