|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel drink a small bottle of on the train in the evening on July 8, 2013?
(a) Chenin Blanc.
(d) Cabernet Sauvignon.
2. What does Rachel drink on the evening train on July 5, 2013?
(b) Pre-mixed gin and tonics.
(c) Cabernet Sauvignon.
(d) White Russians.
3. On what day of the week does Rachel's narrative begin in the opening of the novel?
4. Where does Damien know Martin Miles from?
(a) Laing Fund Management.
(b) Bank of America.
(c) Anderson and Williams Insurance.
(d) Bank of Oxford.
5. Where does Rachel learn that Dr. Abdic is from on the news on July 23, 2013?
6. On what day of the week does Megan's narrative begin on May 16, 2012?
7. When did Rachel first take a holiday with Tom?
8. Rachel says early in the novel, "Life is not a paragraph and death is no" what?
(c) "Question mark."
9. Who does Scott tell Megan has asked them to dinner on March 21, 2013?
(a) Detective Inspector Gaskill.
10. For whom does Megan describe working as a nanny on August 14, 2012?
(a) Rachel and Scott.
(b) Tom and Rachel.
(c) Tom and Anna.
(d) Andrew and Mary.
11. What is Megan's former job?
(a) She was a high school teacher.
(b) She was a jewelry salesperson.
(c) She was an art gallery manager.
(d) She was a hedge-fund investor.
12. Where do the newspapers report a four-year-old girl having been mauled by dogs on July 21, 2013?
13. What is the name of the pub on Kingly Road that Megan passes on her walk on September 25, 2012?
(a) The White Horse.
(b) The Rose.
(c) The Silver Cross.
(d) The Pony.
14. What does the narrator describe the grave being marked with in the prologue to the novel?
(a) A cairn.
(b) A wooden cross.
(c) A marble statue.
(d) A vase of flowers.
15. Who was Rachel's former best friend that she yelled at after her marriage dissolved, according to the narrative on July 21, 2013?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Cathy's boyfriend?
2. Where is Megan placing an application to take a fabrics course, according to the narrative of May 16, 2012?
3. What does Rachel presume Jason's job to be in her narrative on July 10, 2013?
4. What kind of birds does the narrator describe laughing at her in the prologue?
5. Who is the artist from the gallery whose picture Scott shows to Rachel on July 21, 2013?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)