Pages 1 – 92
1. What does the narrator describe the grave being marked with in the prologue to the novel?
(a) A marble statue.
(b) A wooden cross.
(c) A cairn.
(d) A vase of flowers.
2. What kind of birds does the narrator describe laughing at her in the prologue?
3. On what day of the week does Rachel's narrative begin in the opening of the novel?
4. What does Rachel note next to the train tracks in the beginning of the novel?
(a) A wooden cross.
(b) A pile of clothing.
(c) A grocery bag.
(d) A birch tree.
5. Where does the 8:04 slow train travel, according to Rachel in the beginning of the novel?
(a) From Aldgate to Amersham.
(b) From Ashbury to Euston.
(c) From Hoboken to Long Island.
(d) From Jersey City to Harlem.
6. How long is the journey on the 8:04 slow train supposed to take?
(a) 54 minutes.
(b) 95 minutes.
(c) 39 minutes.
(d) 26 minutes.
This section contains 4,415 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)