|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rapes Meg?
2. Who acknowledges that Meg is prettier than a model?
3. Where is David when he learns both fear and hate in the same moment?
4. Who hits Meg on the head with a book?
5. Who is unconscious in Chapter 43?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Donny tell David in Chapter 27?
2. What is Meg's emotional response to the abuse she suffers in Chapter 28?
3. What is Meg's response when David reminds her she can escape?
4. When David goes into the Chandler basement in Chapter 27, what does David find?
5. Discuss the plan that David and Susan concoct in order to escape the Chandler basement.
6. Discuss David's visit with Susan while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
7. Discuss the conversation David and Susan have in Chapter 43.
8. Who arrives at the Chandler home in Chapter 37 and what is the result of the visit?
9. What does Ruth do with lit matches in Chapter 32?
10. When David arrives at the Chandler's in Chapter 25, what does he find?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of the story and why it falls into this particular theme.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the narration of the story. Include who the narrator is, how you know this is the narrator and whether the narrator is dependable.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the time period of the story and the role the setting of the 1950's plays on the events that occur.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)