|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When David goes to the brook in Chapter 39, what does he learn about Meg?
2. What do the boys play while Meg is left in the basement alone?
3. Who promises to help Meg escape?
4. What do the Chandlers often do near Meg while ignoring her?
5. Who is hit with a belt by Ruth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Donny tell David in Chapter 27?
2. When David goes into the Chandler basement in Chapter 27, what does David find?
3. After David stays away from Donny for some time, what does he then learn from Donny about the treatment Meg is currently enduring?
4. Who arrives at the Chandler home in Chapter 37 and what is the result of the visit?
5. Discuss the emotions David feels in Chapter 25 when he sees Meg being abused.
6. What does David admit about Meg and the abuse against her in Chapter 29?
7. Discuss the conversation David and Susan have in Chapter 43.
8. What does David admit in Chapter 34?
9. Discuss the things that each character does to Meg while she is captured in the basement at the Chandler house.
10. What is Meg's response when David reminds her she can escape?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character details and how they are used in the story. Discuss the positives and negatives that character details have on the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss setting. Describe how setting is used in the story and the pro's and con's it creates.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of foils in the story and the effect they have on the story.
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)