|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David admit in Chapter 34?
2. Who rapes Meg?
3. Who is hit with a belt by Ruth?
4. What does David use in order to form a trip wire?
5. Who is knocked from their chair in Chapter 39 when they begin to cry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Ruth's health in Chapter 35.
2. What is Meg's emotional response to the abuse she suffers in Chapter 28?
3. Who arrives at the Chandler home in Chapter 37 and what is the result of the visit?
4. When David arrives at the Chandler's in Chapter 25, what does he find?
5. What does Ruth do with lit matches in Chapter 32?
6. What is Meg's response when David reminds her she can escape?
7. After David stays away from Donny for some time, what does he then learn from Donny about the treatment Meg is currently enduring?
8. Discuss the emotions David feels in Chapter 25 when he sees Meg being abused.
9. Who has nightmares about Meg and what do they do about them?
10. When David goes into the Chandler basement in Chapter 27, what does David find?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of dialogue in the story. Include how it is used and also the positive and negative effects it has on the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of symbolism in the story. Include how it is used as well as the impact it has on the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Meg and Susan and the role it plays in the story.
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)