|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds Meg to be beautiful?
2. When Ruth is preoccupied, what is the kids treatment toward Meg?
3. When David goes to the brook in Chapter 39, what does he learn about Meg?
4. What does David believe to be the softest thing on the planet?
5. What is Meg tied to in Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has nightmares about Meg and what do they do about them?
2. Discuss the plan that David and Susan concoct in order to escape the Chandler basement.
3. Discuss David's visit with Susan while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
4. Discuss the time frame that David notes in Chapter 38.
5. When David goes into the Chandler basement in Chapter 27, what does David find?
6. Who arrives at the Chandler home in Chapter 37 and what is the result of the visit?
7. How does David try and help Meg escape?
8. What does David admit about Meg and the abuse against her in Chapter 29?
9. What information does Donny tell David in Chapter 27?
10. When David arrives at the Chandler's in Chapter 25, what does he find?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe Meg's motives and motivations for helping her sister, Susan, when trouble occurs.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of the story and why it falls into this particular theme.
Essay Topic 3
The book ends with an author's note. Discuss the author's note, its purpose and the positives and negatives of it impact on the book.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)