|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is often ill?
2. Who force feeds Meg crackers in Chapter 35?
3. What does Ruth do to Meg's drink?
4. When David goes to the brook in Chapter 39, what does he learn about Meg?
5. What does Willie hit Meg with in Chapter 34?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes David to realize he is among savages?
2. What occurs when Meg is allowed tea and toast?
3. Discuss the atmosphere at the Chandler house in Chapter 37.
4. Discuss the emotions David feels in Chapter 25 when he sees Meg being abused.
5. Discuss David's visit with Susan while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
6. Discuss the kiss shared between Meg and David.
7. Discuss the time frame that David notes in Chapter 38.
8. When David arrives at the Chandler's in Chapter 25, what does he find?
9. Discuss the plan that David and Susan concoct in order to escape the Chandler basement.
10. What does David admit about Meg and the abuse against her in Chapter 29?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the genre of "The Girl Next Door" and the reasons as to why this book falls into this particular genre.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss organization n the story and how the chapters and title of the story fall into good or bad organization.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss setting. Describe how setting is used in the story and the pro's and con's it creates.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)