|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David give Meg to use as a weapon?
2. What does David believe to be the softest thing on the planet?
3. Who does Donny convince Ruth to let in the house?
4. What catches on fire in the basement?
5. Who is afraid to go to the police because of their involvement in Meg's abuse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurs when Meg is allowed tea and toast?
2. When David goes into the Chandler basement in Chapter 27, what does David find?
3. What happens when Ruth tells Meg that Susan will have to clean up the tea that is spilled?
4. When David arrives at the Chandler's in Chapter 25, what does he find?
5. Discuss David's visit with Susan while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
6. Discuss the time frame that David notes in Chapter 38.
7. What causes David to realize he is among savages?
8. What does David admit about Meg and the abuse against her in Chapter 29?
9. How does David try and help Meg escape?
10. Discuss the kiss shared between Meg and David.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The book ends with an author's note. Discuss the author's note, its purpose and the positives and negatives of it impact on the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the genre of "The Girl Next Door" and the reasons as to why this book falls into this particular genre.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss organization n the story and how the chapters and title of the story fall into good or bad organization.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)