|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hits Meg on the head with a book?
2. What is Meg given to drink and eat in Chapter 29?
3. Where does David leave money for Meg?
4. When school starts, what will have to end?
5. What catches on fire in the basement?
Short Essay Questions
1. After David stays away from Donny for some time, what does he then learn from Donny about the treatment Meg is currently enduring?
2. What does Ruth do with lit matches in Chapter 32?
3. Discuss the kiss shared between Meg and David.
4. Discuss the conversation David and Susan have in Chapter 43.
5. Discuss the plan that David and Susan concoct in order to escape the Chandler basement.
6. What information does Donny tell David in Chapter 27?
7. When David arrives at the Chandler's in Chapter 25, what does he find?
8. What does David admit about Meg and the abuse against her in Chapter 29?
9. Who has nightmares about Meg and what do they do about them?
10. What happens when Ruth tells Meg that Susan will have to clean up the tea that is spilled?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss organization n the story and how the chapters and title of the story fall into good or bad organization.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe the relationship between Donny and David and the role it plays in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Meg to the title of the story. Is there a connection to Meg and the title "The Girl Next Door".
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)