|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will be forced to clean up the drink that Ruth spills?
2. Where is David when he learns both fear and hate in the same moment?
3. What is Meg told she must do before she is allowed free of her capture?
4. Who force feeds Meg crackers in Chapter 35?
5. Who acknowledges that Meg is prettier than a model?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurs when Meg is allowed tea and toast?
2. What happens when Ruth tells Meg that Susan will have to clean up the tea that is spilled?
3. How does David try and help Meg escape?
4. What causes David to realize he is among savages?
5. Who has nightmares about Meg and what do they do about them?
6. Discuss the emotions David feels in Chapter 25 when he sees Meg being abused.
7. What is Meg's emotional response to the abuse she suffers in Chapter 28?
8. What does David admit in Chapter 34?
9. What information does Donny tell David in Chapter 27?
10. Discuss the plan that David and Susan concoct in order to escape the Chandler basement.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role that violence plays in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role that foreshadowing plays in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of dialogue in the story. Include how it is used and also the positive and negative effects it has on the story.
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)