|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Meg is branded, what does Donny note about her?
2. Where is David when he learns both fear and hate in the same moment?
3. Who does Donny try to talk to first about the abuse against Meg?
4. Who is unable to look David in the eye in Chapter 39?
5. Who feels a surge of power when they realize they can help hurt Meg?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does David try and help Meg escape?
2. Discuss the emotions David feels in Chapter 25 when he sees Meg being abused.
3. What is Meg's emotional response to the abuse she suffers in Chapter 28?
4. Discuss Ruth's health in Chapter 35.
5. Discuss the plan that David and Susan concoct in order to escape the Chandler basement.
6. Discuss the things that each character does to Meg while she is captured in the basement at the Chandler house.
7. Discuss the kiss shared between Meg and David.
8. What does David admit in Chapter 34?
9. Discuss the atmosphere at the Chandler house in Chapter 37.
10. What does David admit about Meg and the abuse against her in Chapter 29?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the relationship between Donny and David and the role it plays in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character details and how they are used in the story. Discuss the positives and negatives that character details have on the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe the relationship between David and Meg and the role it plays in the story.
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)