|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is unable to look David in the eye in Chapter 39?
2. Who will be forced to clean up the drink that Ruth spills?
3. What is Meg denied by Ruth while David is away?
4. What does David admit in Chapter 34?
5. What does Willie hit Meg with in Chapter 34?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ruth do with lit matches in Chapter 32?
2. Discuss the plan that David and Susan concoct in order to escape the Chandler basement.
3. Who arrives at the Chandler home in Chapter 37 and what is the result of the visit?
4. What causes David to realize he is among savages?
5. When David goes into the Chandler basement in Chapter 27, what does David find?
6. What happens when Ruth tells Meg that Susan will have to clean up the tea that is spilled?
7. What occurs when Meg is allowed tea and toast?
8. How does David try and help Meg escape?
9. After David stays away from Donny for some time, what does he then learn from Donny about the treatment Meg is currently enduring?
10. Discuss the time frame that David notes in Chapter 38.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the relationship between David and Meg and the role it plays in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of the story and why it falls into this particular theme.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character details and how they are used in the story. Discuss the positives and negatives that character details have on the story.
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)