|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David use in order to form a trip wire?
2. When school starts, what will have to end?
3. Who does David suddenly realize he is amongst in Chapter 41?
4. What is Meg told she must do before she is allowed free of her capture?
5. Who reminds Meg that she can run away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Donny tell David in Chapter 27?
2. Discuss the atmosphere at the Chandler house in Chapter 37.
3. Who has nightmares about Meg and what do they do about them?
4. What is Meg's emotional response to the abuse she suffers in Chapter 28?
5. Discuss the things that each character does to Meg while she is captured in the basement at the Chandler house.
6. What happens when Ruth tells Meg that Susan will have to clean up the tea that is spilled?
7. What does Ruth do with lit matches in Chapter 32?
8. How does David try and help Meg escape?
9. What is Meg's response when David reminds her she can escape?
10. What does David admit about Meg and the abuse against her in Chapter 29?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Meg and Susan and the role it plays in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the time period of the story and the role the setting of the 1950's plays on the events that occur.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of foils in the story and the effect they have on the story.
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)