|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What catches on fire in the basement?
2. Who is knocked from their chair in Chapter 39 when they begin to cry?
3. After Meg is branded, what does Donny note about her?
4. What does David mention about the Chandler's door?
5. Who reminds Meg that she can run away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Meg's emotional response to the abuse she suffers in Chapter 28?
2. What information does Donny tell David in Chapter 27?
3. Discuss David's visit with Susan while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
4. Discuss the kiss shared between Meg and David.
5. What occurs when Meg is allowed tea and toast?
6. When David arrives at the Chandler's in Chapter 25, what does he find?
7. When David goes into the Chandler basement in Chapter 27, what does David find?
8. Discuss the emotions David feels in Chapter 25 when he sees Meg being abused.
9. How does David try and help Meg escape?
10. What happens when Ruth tells Meg that Susan will have to clean up the tea that is spilled?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Meg and Susan and the role it plays in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of the story and why it falls into this particular theme.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of dialogue in the story. Include how it is used and also the positive and negative effects it has on the story.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)