|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is unconscious in Chapter 43?
2. What does David give Meg to use as a weapon?
3. What does David use in order to form a trip wire?
4. What does David use as fuel fire?
5. Who finds Meg to be beautiful?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Meg's emotional response to the abuse she suffers in Chapter 28?
2. How does David try and help Meg escape?
3. What occurs when Meg is allowed tea and toast?
4. Discuss the emotions David feels in Chapter 25 when he sees Meg being abused.
5. What happens when Ruth tells Meg that Susan will have to clean up the tea that is spilled?
6. Discuss the time frame that David notes in Chapter 38.
7. Discuss the atmosphere at the Chandler house in Chapter 37.
8. When David goes into the Chandler basement in Chapter 27, what does David find?
9. Discuss the things that each character does to Meg while she is captured in the basement at the Chandler house.
10. Who arrives at the Chandler home in Chapter 37 and what is the result of the visit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of the story and why it falls into this particular theme.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of sexual aggression in the story and how it plays such a prominent role.
Essay Topic 3
The book ends with an author's note. Discuss the author's note, its purpose and the positives and negatives of it impact on the book.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)