|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Meg caught escaping?
2. What do the members of the Chandler family use Meg as in Chapter 25?
3. Who is often ill?
4. Who suggests that Meg be stripped while in the basement?
5. Who rapes Meg?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David admit about Meg and the abuse against her in Chapter 29?
2. What does Ruth do with lit matches in Chapter 32?
3. What occurs when Meg is allowed tea and toast?
4. What happens when Ruth tells Meg that Susan will have to clean up the tea that is spilled?
5. When David arrives at the Chandler's in Chapter 25, what does he find?
6. Discuss the atmosphere at the Chandler house in Chapter 37.
7. When David goes into the Chandler basement in Chapter 27, what does David find?
8. Discuss the conversation David and Susan have in Chapter 43.
9. What is Meg's emotional response to the abuse she suffers in Chapter 28?
10. Discuss the emotions David feels in Chapter 25 when he sees Meg being abused.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of the protagonist and antagonist in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of sexual aggression in the story and how it plays such a prominent role.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character details and how they are used in the story. Discuss the positives and negatives that character details have on the story.
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)