|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hits Meg with their shoe in Chapter 34?
2. How is Meg caught escaping?
3. Who is knocked from their chair in Chapter 39 when they begin to cry?
4. What does Ruth do to Meg's drink?
5. What does David believe to be the softest thing on the planet?
Short Essay Questions
1. When David goes into the Chandler basement in Chapter 27, what does David find?
2. Discuss Ruth's health in Chapter 35.
3. What is Meg's emotional response to the abuse she suffers in Chapter 28?
4. Discuss David's visit with Susan while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
5. Discuss the emotions David feels in Chapter 25 when he sees Meg being abused.
6. What causes David to realize he is among savages?
7. Discuss the plan that David and Susan concoct in order to escape the Chandler basement.
8. When David arrives at the Chandler's in Chapter 25, what does he find?
9. Discuss the atmosphere at the Chandler house in Chapter 37.
10. What information does Donny tell David in Chapter 27?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Meg to the title of the story. Is there a connection to Meg and the title "The Girl Next Door".
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of sexual aggression in the story and how it plays such a prominent role.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role that foreshadowing plays in the story.
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)