|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Meg standing on while tied up and blindfolded?
2. Who finds Meg to be beautiful?
3. What does Ruth throw at Meg?
4. Where is David when he learns both fear and hate in the same moment?
5. Who acknowledges that Meg is prettier than a model?
Short Essay Questions
1. When David arrives at the Chandler's in Chapter 25, what does he find?
2. Discuss the kiss shared between Meg and David.
3. What does Ruth do with lit matches in Chapter 32?
4. What does David admit about Meg and the abuse against her in Chapter 29?
5. When David goes into the Chandler basement in Chapter 27, what does David find?
6. What is Meg's response when David reminds her she can escape?
7. What causes David to realize he is among savages?
8. Discuss the things that each character does to Meg while she is captured in the basement at the Chandler house.
9. Who has nightmares about Meg and what do they do about them?
10. Discuss the conversation David and Susan have in Chapter 43.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role that foreshadowing plays in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of foils in the story and the effect they have on the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of the story and why it falls into this particular theme.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)