|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who unties Meg in Chapter 30?
2. How is Meg caught escaping?
3. What do the members of the Chandler family use Meg as in Chapter 25?
4. What does David hear when he enters the Chandler home in Chapter 25?
5. Who is unconscious in Chapter 43?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Meg's response when David reminds her she can escape?
2. Discuss the kiss shared between Meg and David.
3. Discuss David's visit with Susan while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
4. What information does Donny tell David in Chapter 27?
5. Discuss the emotions David feels in Chapter 25 when he sees Meg being abused.
6. Who has nightmares about Meg and what do they do about them?
7. Discuss the things that each character does to Meg while she is captured in the basement at the Chandler house.
8. What does Ruth do with lit matches in Chapter 32?
9. When David arrives at the Chandler's in Chapter 25, what does he find?
10. Discuss Ruth's health in Chapter 35.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss setting. Describe how setting is used in the story and the pro's and con's it creates.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe Meg's motives and motivations for helping her sister, Susan, when trouble occurs.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of sexual aggression in the story and how it plays such a prominent role.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)