|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is hit with a belt by Ruth?
2. Where does David leave money for Meg?
3. What does Susan do while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
4. What does David learn that Ruth is preoccupied with?
5. Who is said to likely have a disease after sexual interaction with Meg?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the conversation David and Susan have in Chapter 43.
2. Discuss the atmosphere at the Chandler house in Chapter 37.
3. What does David admit in Chapter 34?
4. Who has nightmares about Meg and what do they do about them?
5. How does David try and help Meg escape?
6. Discuss the time frame that David notes in Chapter 38.
7. Discuss David's visit with Susan while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
8. What causes David to realize he is among savages?
9. What does David admit about Meg and the abuse against her in Chapter 29?
10. After David stays away from Donny for some time, what does he then learn from Donny about the treatment Meg is currently enduring?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of the protagonist and antagonist in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the narration of the story. Include who the narrator is, how you know this is the narrator and whether the narrator is dependable.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe the relationship between Donny and David and the role it plays in the story.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)