|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What appears on Ruth's body?
2. Who often treats Meg lovingly instead of violently?
3. Who asks "the others" if they plan to kill Meg?
4. Who does David suddenly realize he is amongst in Chapter 41?
5. What does David try to give Meg in order for her to escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Meg's emotional response to the abuse she suffers in Chapter 28?
2. Discuss the plan that David and Susan concoct in order to escape the Chandler basement.
3. Who arrives at the Chandler home in Chapter 37 and what is the result of the visit?
4. Who has nightmares about Meg and what do they do about them?
5. How does David try and help Meg escape?
6. What does David admit in Chapter 34?
7. What is Meg's response when David reminds her she can escape?
8. When David arrives at the Chandler's in Chapter 25, what does he find?
9. Discuss the atmosphere at the Chandler house in Chapter 37.
10. Discuss Ruth's health in Chapter 35.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the time period of the story and the role the setting of the 1950's plays on the events that occur.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss organization n the story and how the chapters and title of the story fall into good or bad organization.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe the relationship between David and Meg and the role it plays in the story.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)