|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Chandlers often do near Meg while ignoring her?
2. Who is said to likely have a disease after sexual interaction with Meg?
3. What is Meg standing on while tied up and blindfolded?
4. Who reminds Meg that she can run away?
5. Who rapes Meg?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the kiss shared between Meg and David.
2. Who has nightmares about Meg and what do they do about them?
3. After David stays away from Donny for some time, what does he then learn from Donny about the treatment Meg is currently enduring?
4. Discuss Ruth's health in Chapter 35.
5. Discuss the emotions David feels in Chapter 25 when he sees Meg being abused.
6. Discuss the conversation David and Susan have in Chapter 43.
7. What information does Donny tell David in Chapter 27?
8. What happens when Ruth tells Meg that Susan will have to clean up the tea that is spilled?
9. What is Meg's response when David reminds her she can escape?
10. Discuss David's visit with Susan while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the relationship between Donny and David and the role it plays in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Meg to the title of the story. Is there a connection to Meg and the title "The Girl Next Door".
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of sexual aggression in the story and how it plays such a prominent role.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)