|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informs David that The Game is being played in the basement with Meg?
2. Who is unconscious in Chapter 43?
3. Who is unable to look David in the eye in Chapter 39?
4. Who will be forced to clean up the drink that Ruth spills?
5. What word(s) best describes the Chandler house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the plan that David and Susan concoct in order to escape the Chandler basement.
2. What is Meg's response when David reminds her she can escape?
3. How does David try and help Meg escape?
4. What occurs when Meg is allowed tea and toast?
5. Who arrives at the Chandler home in Chapter 37 and what is the result of the visit?
6. Discuss the kiss shared between Meg and David.
7. What does Ruth do with lit matches in Chapter 32?
8. What information does Donny tell David in Chapter 27?
9. After David stays away from Donny for some time, what does he then learn from Donny about the treatment Meg is currently enduring?
10. Who has nightmares about Meg and what do they do about them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Meg to the title of the story. Is there a connection to Meg and the title "The Girl Next Door".
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role that violence plays in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the narration of the story. Include who the narrator is, how you know this is the narrator and whether the narrator is dependable.
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)