|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David compare watching Meg in the basement to?
2. What do the boys play while Meg is left in the basement alone?
3. What does David try to give Meg in order for her to escape?
4. What does David believe to be the softest thing on the planet?
5. Who force feeds Meg crackers in Chapter 35?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has nightmares about Meg and what do they do about them?
2. What occurs when Meg is allowed tea and toast?
3. What does David admit about Meg and the abuse against her in Chapter 29?
4. Discuss the conversation David and Susan have in Chapter 43.
5. When David goes into the Chandler basement in Chapter 27, what does David find?
6. Who arrives at the Chandler home in Chapter 37 and what is the result of the visit?
7. What does David admit in Chapter 34?
8. What happens when Ruth tells Meg that Susan will have to clean up the tea that is spilled?
9. When David arrives at the Chandler's in Chapter 25, what does he find?
10. What does Ruth do with lit matches in Chapter 32?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The book ends with an author's note. Discuss the author's note, its purpose and the positives and negatives of it impact on the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the narration of the story. Include who the narrator is, how you know this is the narrator and whether the narrator is dependable.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of "The Girl Next Door" and the reasons as to why this book falls into this particular genre.
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)