|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does David look back on in the story?
2. Who is told to meet Susan in Chapter 7?
3. What activity is Meg too unhappy to partake in?
4. Who realizes how easy it is to hurt people?
5. Who is said to be gangly and well behaved?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the ring Meg wears.
2. What does David learn about Meg in Chapter 18?
3. Who does David talk to at the carnival and what does David think of these people?
4. Who is Ruth and how is the Chandler home described?
5. What happens to Meg's parents?
6. What does Meg discuss with David after the tent worm incident?
7. What is the shelter?
8. What is Meg's opinion of Ruth, Woofer and the Chandler basement in Chapter 5?
9. What does Ruth discuss with the boys in Chapter 7?
10. What happens on the Fourth of July?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss organization n the story and how the chapters and title of the story fall into good or bad organization.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Meg and Susan and the role it plays in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Meg to the title of the story. Is there a connection to Meg and the title "The Girl Next Door".
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)