|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brushes Susan's hair in Chapter 17?
2. Who believes Ruth means well in Chapter 5?
3. Who is forbidden to eat anything?
4. Who often speaks late into the evening about their dreams and hopes?
5. Who is asked to loan Meg money to buy a sandwich?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is The Game?
2. Discuss the sleepover that occurs in Chapter 8.
3. What is the Rock and what does David do while there in Chapter 2?
4. What does Meg discuss with David after the tent worm incident?
5. What happens at the brook in Chapter 20?
6. Who do the boys spy on in Chapter 8 and why?
7. What is the shelter?
8. Why is Meg confronted by the Chandler family in Chapter 22?
9. When David finds himself alone at the carnival, what does he do?
10. What happens when the Chandler kids go to the carnival in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the relationship between Donny and David and the role it plays in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe the relationship between David and Meg and the role it plays in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role that violence plays in the story.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)