|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is stripped and tied to a tree?
2. Who suggests getting Meg into The Game?
3. Who tries to pry Meg's mouth open?
4. What show does Ruth discuss seeing as a young girl?
5. Who does David feel guilty about spying on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Meg makes Kool-aid for the other children?
2. What happens at the brook in Chapter 20?
3. What does David notice about Meg's arm and what is Meg's reaction to living at the Chandler family home?
4. What does Ruth discuss with the boys in Chapter 7?
5. Why does Susan get in trouble by Ruth in Chapter 9?
6. Discuss the sleepover that occurs in Chapter 8.
7. What is the shelter?
8. What happens to Meg's parents?
9. What does David learn about Meg in Chapter 18?
10. Who is Susan and what is mentioned about her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of symbolism in the story. Include how it is used as well as the impact it has on the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of foils in the story and the effect they have on the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character details and how they are used in the story. Discuss the positives and negatives that character details have on the story.
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)