|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is accused of eating when they are found in the kitchen?
2. Who does David's mother dislike?
3. Where is The Game played?
4. Who is stopped from hitting Meg in Chapter 14?
5. What does Meg appear to be nervous about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the shelter?
2. What does Meg discuss with David after the tent worm incident?
3. What happens when Ruth recruits the children to get rid of the trees full of tent worms?
4. Discuss the sleepover that occurs in Chapter 8.
5. Who is Susan and what is mentioned about her?
6. What is David's life like after the summer of 1958?
7. Why does Susan get in trouble by Ruth in Chapter 9?
8. What happens when the Chandler kids go to the carnival in Chapter 7?
9. What does David learn about Meg in Chapter 18?
10. When David finds himself alone at the carnival, what does he do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of symbolism in the story. Include how it is used as well as the impact it has on the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the narration of the story. Include who the narrator is, how you know this is the narrator and whether the narrator is dependable.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the protagonist and antagonist in the story.
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)