|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is David's best friend?
2. Who hits Woofer in Chapter 17?
3. Who is severely disabled due to a car accident?
4. What shop does David visit in Chapter 13?
5. Who does David's mother dislike?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ruth discuss with the boys in Chapter 7?
2. When David finds himself alone at the carnival, what does he do?
3. What is Meg's response when David reminds her she can escape?
4. Discuss the ring Meg wears.
5. Who do the boys spy on in Chapter 8 and why?
6. What happens when Meg makes Kool-aid for the other children?
7. What is the shelter?
8. Who has nightmares about Meg and what do they do about them?
9. How does David try and help Meg escape?
10. What does Ruth do with lit matches in Chapter 32?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role that violence plays in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of the protagonist and antagonist in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe the relationship between Donny and David and the role it plays in the story.
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)