|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is said to be reckless and daring?
2. What object is used in The Game?
3. Who does David meet at the Rock for the first time in Chapter 2?
4. Who asks Meg to make Koolaid in Chapter 17?
5. Who is told to meet Susan in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Rock and what does David do while there in Chapter 2?
2. What happens when Meg makes Kool-aid for the other children?
3. Why is Meg confronted by the Chandler family in Chapter 22?
4. What does David learn and see happen in Chapter 14 when arriving home inebriated?
5. What happens when the Chandler kids go to the carnival in Chapter 7?
6. What is The Game?
7. Discuss the painting Meg gives David.
8. Discuss the sleepover that occurs in Chapter 8.
9. What is Meg's opinion of Ruth, Woofer and the Chandler basement in Chapter 5?
10. What is the result of the boys spying in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of dialogue in the story. Include how it is used and also the positive and negative effects it has on the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the time period of the story and the role the setting of the 1950's plays on the events that occur.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of foils in the story and the effect they have on the story.
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)