|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state is Meg from?
2. Who does David wonder if they qualify as a slut?
3. What event does David attend in Chapter 4?
4. Who does David meet at the Rock for the first time in Chapter 2?
5. Who is forbidden to eat anything?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ruth discuss with the boys in Chapter 7?
2. Who does David talk to at the carnival and what does David think of these people?
3. What does David mention to readers in Chapter 1?
4. Discuss the painting Meg gives David.
5. Discuss the sleepover that occurs in Chapter 8.
6. Discuss the neighborhood's reaction to the abuse of Meg.
7. What is David's life like after the summer of 1958?
8. What does David learn about Meg in Chapter 18?
9. Why does Susan get in trouble by Ruth in Chapter 9?
10. What does David learn and see happen in Chapter 14 when arriving home inebriated?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss organization n the story and how the chapters and title of the story fall into good or bad organization.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe the relationship between David and Meg and the role it plays in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the time period of the story and the role the setting of the 1950's plays on the events that occur.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)