|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is told to stay behind when the other children are allowed to go to the carnival?
2. What is Ralphie's nickname?
3. Who asks Meg to make Koolaid in Chapter 17?
4. Who is told to meet Susan in Chapter 7?
5. Which character is considered crazy but cruel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Susan get in trouble by Ruth in Chapter 9?
2. What happens when Ruth recruits the children to get rid of the trees full of tent worms?
3. What happens when the Chandler kids go to the carnival in Chapter 7?
4. What does David learn and see happen in Chapter 14 when arriving home inebriated?
5. What does David learn about Meg in Chapter 18?
6. Discuss the neighborhood's reaction to the abuse of Meg.
7. Who is Susan and what is mentioned about her?
8. Discuss the sleepover that occurs in Chapter 8.
9. Who is Ruth and how is the Chandler home described?
10. What does Meg discuss with David after the tent worm incident?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe Meg's motives and motivations for helping her sister, Susan, when trouble occurs.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of sexual aggression in the story and how it plays such a prominent role.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of "The Girl Next Door" and the reasons as to why this book falls into this particular genre.
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)