|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who bites Ruth?
2. Who is said to be reckless and daring?
3. Where is the place to be for children in the neighborhood?
4. What does David find scary about the Chandler's house?
5. What kind of painting is given to David?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of the boys spying in Chapter 8?
2. What does David mention to readers in Chapter 1?
3. What happens when Meg makes Kool-aid for the other children?
4. Who does David meet at the Rock and what is David's response?
5. What is Meg's opinion of Ruth, Woofer and the Chandler basement in Chapter 5?
6. Who is Ruth and how is the Chandler home described?
7. What does Ruth discuss with the boys in Chapter 7?
8. Why does Susan get in trouble by Ruth in Chapter 9?
9. Discuss the ring Meg wears.
10. What is the shelter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the relationship between Donny and David and the role it plays in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character details and how they are used in the story. Discuss the positives and negatives that character details have on the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of the story and why it falls into this particular theme.
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)