|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of painting is given to David?
2. What object is used in The Game?
3. Which wife of David's has a lover who is skinned alive?
4. Who brushes Susan's hair in Chapter 17?
5. Where is David rarely allowed to sleep over?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David notice about Meg's arm and what is Meg's reaction to living at the Chandler family home?
2. What does Meg discuss with David after the tent worm incident?
3. What happens when Ruth recruits the children to get rid of the trees full of tent worms?
4. Who does David meet at the Rock and what is David's response?
5. What does David learn about Meg in Chapter 18?
6. Who do the boys spy on in Chapter 8 and why?
7. When David finds himself alone at the carnival, what does he do?
8. What is The Game?
9. What happens when Meg makes Kool-aid for the other children?
10. What happens to Meg's parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of foils in the story and the effect they have on the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss setting. Describe how setting is used in the story and the pro's and con's it creates.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of sexual aggression in the story and how it plays such a prominent role.
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)