|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is forbidden to eat anything?
2. Who does Meg talk to about Ruth's hatred?
3. Who is accused of eating when they are found in the kitchen?
4. Who does David consider to be frail and weak?
5. What is located in the Chandler's basement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Chandler kids go to the carnival in Chapter 7?
2. What happens at the brook in Chapter 20?
3. Who does David meet at the Rock and what is David's response?
4. What is the shelter?
5. What does David learn and see happen in Chapter 14 when arriving home inebriated?
6. What happens when Ruth recruits the children to get rid of the trees full of tent worms?
7. Who does David talk to at the carnival and what does David think of these people?
8. Who do the boys spy on in Chapter 8 and why?
9. Who is Ruth and how is the Chandler home described?
10. What is The Game?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe Meg's motives and motivations for helping her sister, Susan, when trouble occurs.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the time period of the story and the role the setting of the 1950's plays on the events that occur.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe the relationship between David and Meg and the role it plays in the story.
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)