|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is accused of helping Meg hit another person?
2. Where is David rarely allowed to sleep over?
3. What word(s) best describes the weather at the carnival?
4. What does David notice about Meg's arm?
5. Who goes bowling with Willie and Donnie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ruth and how is the Chandler home described?
2. What happens on the Fourth of July?
3. What is the shelter?
4. Who does David talk to at the carnival and what does David think of these people?
5. Who does David meet at the Rock and what is David's response?
6. Discuss the ring Meg wears.
7. Who do the boys spy on in Chapter 8 and why?
8. What does David admit about Meg and the abuse against her in Chapter 29?
9. What is Meg's response when David reminds her she can escape?
10. What does David notice about Meg's arm and what is Meg's reaction to living at the Chandler family home?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the relationship between Donny and David and the role it plays in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the time period of the story and the role the setting of the 1950's plays on the events that occur.
Essay Topic 3
The book ends with an author's note. Discuss the author's note, its purpose and the positives and negatives of it impact on the book.
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)