|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth recruit the children to get rid of?
2. Who brushes Susan's hair in Chapter 17?
3. Who still has problems talking about their issues from the past?
4. Who tickles Meg in Chapter 17?
5. Who is said to be gangly and well behaved?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Meg's opinion of Ruth, Woofer and the Chandler basement in Chapter 5?
2. What does David notice about Meg's arm and what is Meg's reaction to living at the Chandler family home?
3. What does David learn and see happen in Chapter 14 when arriving home inebriated?
4. What happens when Meg makes Kool-aid for the other children?
5. What is David's life like after the summer of 1958?
6. What is The Game?
7. What does David learn about Meg in Chapter 18?
8. Who does David meet at the Rock and what is David's response?
9. What happens on the Fourth of July?
10. Who does David talk to at the carnival and what does David think of these people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of the story and why it falls into this particular theme.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of symbolism in the story. Include how it is used as well as the impact it has on the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the protagonist and antagonist in the story.
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)