|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While at the carnival, what does Denise mention to David?
2. Who does Meg feel she cannot please?
3. Who is left by their husband to take care of three small children?
4. Who does Meg talk to about Ruth's hatred?
5. Who believes Ruth means well in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Rock and what does David do while there in Chapter 2?
2. What happens when Meg makes Kool-aid for the other children?
3. Who does David talk to at the carnival and what does David think of these people?
4. What is The Game?
5. Discuss the sleepover that occurs in Chapter 8.
6. What does David learn about Meg in Chapter 18?
7. What does Meg discuss with David after the tent worm incident?
8. What is the result of the boys spying in Chapter 8?
9. What does David mention to readers in Chapter 1?
10. What happens when the Chandler kids go to the carnival in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role that foreshadowing plays in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of dialogue in the story. Include how it is used and also the positive and negative effects it has on the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of sexual aggression in the story and how it plays such a prominent role.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)