|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object is used in The Game?
2. Who believes Ruth means well in Chapter 5?
3. Who built the shelter?
4. What does Meg appear to be nervous about?
5. Who is told to stay behind when the other children are allowed to go to the carnival?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David learn and see happen in Chapter 14 when arriving home inebriated?
2. What happens on the Fourth of July?
3. Who does David talk to at the carnival and what does David think of these people?
4. What does Meg discuss with David after the tent worm incident?
5. What does David learn about Meg in Chapter 18?
6. What is the Rock and what does David do while there in Chapter 2?
7. What is Meg's opinion of Ruth, Woofer and the Chandler basement in Chapter 5?
8. What happens to Meg's parents?
9. What is the result of the boys spying in Chapter 8?
10. Who is Susan and what is mentioned about her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the relationship between David and Meg and the role it plays in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss organization n the story and how the chapters and title of the story fall into good or bad organization.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the protagonist and antagonist in the story.
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)