|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose father has many affairs?
2. Who does David's mother dislike?
3. Who does David meet at the Rock for the first time in Chapter 2?
4. Who slaps Meg in Chapter 14?
5. Which wife of David's has a lover who is skinned alive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the brook in Chapter 20?
2. Discuss the neighborhood's reaction to the abuse of Meg.
3. Discuss the sleepover that occurs in Chapter 8.
4. What happens when Ruth recruits the children to get rid of the trees full of tent worms?
5. What happens to Meg's parents?
6. Who do the boys spy on in Chapter 8 and why?
7. What is the Rock and what does David do while there in Chapter 2?
8. Who does David meet at the Rock and what is David's response?
9. Who does David talk to at the carnival and what does David think of these people?
10. What happens when Meg makes Kool-aid for the other children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe Meg's motives and motivations for helping her sister, Susan, when trouble occurs.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe the relationship between Donny and David and the role it plays in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Meg and Susan and the role it plays in the story.
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)