|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David tell Ruth to cash his revenge check?
2. Who is severely disabled due to a car accident?
3. What does Ruth recruit the children to get rid of?
4. Who believes Ruth means well in Chapter 5?
5. Who does David feel guilty about spying on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Meg's parents?
2. What is the Rock and what does David do while there in Chapter 2?
3. What happens when the Chandler kids go to the carnival in Chapter 7?
4. What occurs when Meg is allowed tea and toast?
5. What information does Donny tell David in Chapter 27?
6. Discuss the time frame that David notes in Chapter 38.
7. What does Meg talk to David about involving her ring?
8. Discuss the ring Meg wears.
9. What does David learn about Meg in Chapter 18?
10. Discuss the kiss shared between Meg and David.
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of the story and why it falls into this particular theme.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss organization n the story and how the chapters and title of the story fall into good or bad organization.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the time period of the story and the role the setting of the 1950's plays on the events that occur.
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)