|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the place to be for children in the neighborhood?
2. Who agrees to paint a picture for David?
3. What shop does David visit in Chapter 13?
4. What does David ask readers if they know about in Chapter 1?
5. Who says girls are easy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does David talk to at the carnival and what does David think of these people?
2. Discuss the sleepover that occurs in Chapter 8.
3. Discuss the ring Meg wears.
4. What does David notice about Meg's arm and what is Meg's reaction to living at the Chandler family home?
5. What does David mention to readers in Chapter 1?
6. What is Meg's opinion of Ruth, Woofer and the Chandler basement in Chapter 5?
7. Who is Ruth and how is the Chandler home described?
8. What is the shelter?
9. What does David learn about Meg in Chapter 18?
10. Why is Meg confronted by the Chandler family in Chapter 22?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the time period of the story and the role the setting of the 1950's plays on the events that occur.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of the protagonist and antagonist in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Meg and Susan and the role it plays in the story.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)