|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says Meg got off easy by surviving a car accident?
2. What year does David look back on in the story?
3. What is located in the Chandler's basement?
4. What show does Ruth discuss seeing as a young girl?
5. What does David say everything was in the 50's?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ruth and how is the Chandler home described?
2. Who do the boys spy on in Chapter 8 and why?
3. What does David notice about Meg's arm and what is Meg's reaction to living at the Chandler family home?
4. Discuss how Meg becomes unconscious in the basement.
5. What does David admit in Chapter 34?
6. Discuss the sleepover that occurs in Chapter 8.
7. What does David learn about Meg in Chapter 18?
8. How does Ruth die?
9. Discuss the conversation David and Susan have in Chapter 43.
10. What does Meg talk to David about involving her ring?
Essay Topic 1
The book ends with an author's note. Discuss the author's note, its purpose and the positives and negatives of it impact on the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Meg to the title of the story. Is there a connection to Meg and the title "The Girl Next Door".
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of foils in the story and the effect they have on the story.
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)