|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David hear scream when he arrives at the brook?
2. What object is used in The Game?
3. Who tickles Meg in Chapter 17?
4. Where is David rarely allowed to sleep over?
5. Who is stripped and tied to a tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David notice about Meg's arm and what is Meg's reaction to living at the Chandler family home?
2. What happens when the Chandler kids go to the carnival in Chapter 7?
3. What happens when Meg makes Kool-aid for the other children?
4. What is Meg's opinion of Ruth, Woofer and the Chandler basement in Chapter 5?
5. What happens to Meg's parents?
6. When David finds himself alone at the carnival, what does he do?
7. Who is Ruth and how is the Chandler home described?
8. Discuss the neighborhood's reaction to the abuse of Meg.
9. Who does David talk to at the carnival and what does David think of these people?
10. Who does David meet at the Rock and what is David's response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss setting. Describe how setting is used in the story and the pro's and con's it creates.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of sexual aggression in the story and how it plays such a prominent role.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of the story and why it falls into this particular theme.
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)