|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do David and his friends spy on in order to see them undress?
2. Who says Meg got off easy by surviving a car accident?
3. Where does David tell Ruth to cash his revenge check?
4. What kind of painting is given to David?
5. Who is severely disabled due to a car accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David mention to readers in Chapter 1?
2. What happens on the Fourth of July?
3. Who does David meet at the Rock and what is David's response?
4. Discuss the ring Meg wears.
5. What is the shelter?
6. What does Ruth discuss with the boys in Chapter 7?
7. What is David's life like after the summer of 1958?
8. What does David learn and see happen in Chapter 14 when arriving home inebriated?
9. When David finds himself alone at the carnival, what does he do?
10. What happens at the brook in Chapter 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss setting. Describe how setting is used in the story and the pro's and con's it creates.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss organization n the story and how the chapters and title of the story fall into good or bad organization.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the protagonist and antagonist in the story.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)