Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is David's best friend?
2. Who hits Woofer in Chapter 17?
3. Who is severely disabled due to a car accident?
4. What shop does David visit in Chapter 13?
5. Who does David's mother dislike?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ruth discuss with the boys in Chapter 7?
2. When David finds himself alone at the carnival, what does he do?
3. What is Meg's response when David reminds her she can escape?
4. Discuss the ring Meg wears.
5. Who do the boys spy on in Chapter 8 and why?
6. What happens when Meg makes Kool-aid for the other children?
7. What is the shelter?
8. Who has nightmares about Meg and what do they do about them?
9. How does David try and help Meg escape?
10. What does Ruth do with lit matches in Chapter 32?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss setting. Describe how setting is used in the story and the pro's and con's it creates.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe Meg's motives and motivations for helping her sister, Susan, when trouble occurs.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of symbolism in the story. Include how it is used as well as the impact it has on the book.
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)