|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word(s) best describes the weather at the carnival?
2. What does David notice that Meg wears?
3. Where do David and his friends spend the night in Chapter 8?
4. Who suggests getting Meg into The Game?
5. What does David say everything was in the 50's?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the painting Meg gives David.
2. What does David learn and see happen in Chapter 14 when arriving home inebriated?
3. Who is Ruth and how is the Chandler home described?
4. Who does David talk to at the carnival and what does David think of these people?
5. What happens on the Fourth of July?
6. What happens when Ruth recruits the children to get rid of the trees full of tent worms?
7. What does Meg discuss with David after the tent worm incident?
8. Who do the boys spy on in Chapter 8 and why?
9. What happens to Meg's parents?
10. What does David notice about Meg's arm and what is Meg's reaction to living at the Chandler family home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the time period of the story and the role the setting of the 1950's plays on the events that occur.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of the story and why it falls into this particular theme.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Meg to the title of the story. Is there a connection to Meg and the title "The Girl Next Door".
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)