|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of painting is given to David?
2. What object is used in The Game?
3. What is another name for The Game?
4. Who is severely disabled due to a car accident?
5. What is Meg fascinated by at the carnival?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is David's life like after the summer of 1958?
2. Discuss the sleepover that occurs in Chapter 8.
3. Discuss the ring Meg wears.
4. Who is Susan and what is mentioned about her?
5. Discuss the painting Meg gives David.
6. Who do the boys spy on in Chapter 8 and why?
7. What happens to Meg's parents?
8. What happens when Ruth recruits the children to get rid of the trees full of tent worms?
9. Who does David meet at the Rock and what is David's response?
10. What does David learn and see happen in Chapter 14 when arriving home inebriated?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the genre of "The Girl Next Door" and the reasons as to why this book falls into this particular genre.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Meg to the title of the story. Is there a connection to Meg and the title "The Girl Next Door".
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Meg and Susan and the role it plays in the story.
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)