|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is David when he writes the story?
2. Who tickles Meg in Chapter 17?
3. Who is told to meet Susan in Chapter 7?
4. Where does David tell Ruth to cash his revenge check?
5. What is located in the Chandler's basement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on the Fourth of July?
2. What happens when the Chandler kids go to the carnival in Chapter 7?
3. Discuss the neighborhood's reaction to the abuse of Meg.
4. What is the result of the boys spying in Chapter 8?
5. Who do the boys spy on in Chapter 8 and why?
6. What does Ruth discuss with the boys in Chapter 7?
7. What does David learn about Meg in Chapter 18?
8. What is The Game?
9. Discuss the ring Meg wears.
10. What is the Rock and what does David do while there in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of the story and why it falls into this particular theme.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the genre of "The Girl Next Door" and the reasons as to why this book falls into this particular genre.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the time period of the story and the role the setting of the 1950's plays on the events that occur.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)