|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David notice that Meg wears?
2. What does Meg appear to be nervous about?
3. Who does David become instantly obsessed with?
4. Who accuses Meg of making them look like they are not a lady?
5. What kind of painting is given to David?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Meg's parents?
2. Discuss the painting Meg gives David.
3. Why does Susan get in trouble by Ruth in Chapter 9?
4. What does David notice about Meg's arm and what is Meg's reaction to living at the Chandler family home?
5. What does David learn about Meg in Chapter 18?
6. What happens when Ruth recruits the children to get rid of the trees full of tent worms?
7. What is the result of the boys spying in Chapter 8?
8. What happens when the Chandler kids go to the carnival in Chapter 7?
9. What is the shelter?
10. What happens at the brook in Chapter 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the genre of "The Girl Next Door" and the reasons as to why this book falls into this particular genre.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of symbolism in the story. Include how it is used as well as the impact it has on the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of sexual aggression in the story and how it plays such a prominent role.
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)