|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who agrees to paint a picture for David?
2. Who gives Ruth a painting?
3. Who is accused of eating when they are found in the kitchen?
4. Who does David feel guilty about spying on?
5. Who is stopped from hitting Meg in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David learn and see happen in Chapter 14 when arriving home inebriated?
2. What happens when Ruth tells Meg that Susan will have to clean up the tea that is spilled?
3. When David finds himself alone at the carnival, what does he do?
4. Why does Susan get in trouble by Ruth in Chapter 9?
5. What does Meg discuss with David after the tent worm incident?
6. What information does Donny tell David in Chapter 27?
7. What does David learn about Meg in Chapter 18?
8. What happens on the Fourth of July?
9. What occurs when Meg is allowed tea and toast?
10. What causes David to realize he is among savages?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role that foreshadowing plays in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe Meg's motives and motivations for helping her sister, Susan, when trouble occurs.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of sexual aggression in the story and how it plays such a prominent role.
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)