|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David mention about the Chandler's door?
(a) The door is broken.
(b) The door is made of glass.
(c) The door is always locked.
(d) The door has no latch.
2. Who is often ill?
3. Who says that stripping Meg is not a good idea?
4. What does Willie hit Meg with in Chapter 34?
(a) His belt.
(b) A stick.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A book.
5. When school starts, what will have to end?
(b) Meetings at the Rock.
(c) Summer fun.
(d) The Game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is locked in the shelter?
2. Who often treats Meg lovingly instead of violently?
3. What does David use in order to form a trip wire?
4. What does David try to give Meg in order for her to escape?
5. Who is said to likely have a disease after sexual interaction with Meg?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has nightmares about Meg and what do they do about them?
2. What causes David to realize he is among savages?
3. Discuss the atmosphere at the Chandler house in Chapter 37.
4. What happens when Ruth tells Meg that Susan will have to clean up the tea that is spilled?
5. Discuss the plan that David and Susan concoct in order to escape the Chandler basement.
6. What does David admit about Meg and the abuse against her in Chapter 29?
7. What does David admit in Chapter 34?
8. Discuss Ruth's health in Chapter 35.
9. Discuss the time frame that David notes in Chapter 38.
10. What does Ruth do with lit matches in Chapter 32?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)