|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does David suddenly realize he is amongst in Chapter 41?
2. When Ruth is preoccupied, what is the kids treatment toward Meg?
(a) The violence goes away.
(b) More violent.
(c) The treatment remains the same.
(d) Less violent.
3. Who is tormented by thoughts of Meg in the basement in Chapter 29?
4. Who is hit with a belt by Ruth?
5. What does David compare watching Meg in the basement to?
(a) Watching a concert.
(b) Watching a live show.
(c) Watching a car accident.
(d) Watching an animal at the zoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David leave money for Meg?
2. What does David hear when he enters the Chandler home in Chapter 25?
3. How is Meg caught escaping?
4. What does David believe to be the softest thing on the planet?
5. While Meg is being hurt by Willie and Eddie, where is Ruth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David admit about Meg and the abuse against her in Chapter 29?
2. What occurs when Meg is allowed tea and toast?
3. Who has nightmares about Meg and what do they do about them?
4. What happens when Ruth tells Meg that Susan will have to clean up the tea that is spilled?
5. When David goes into the Chandler basement in Chapter 27, what does David find?
6. Discuss the plan that David and Susan concoct in order to escape the Chandler basement.
7. What is Meg's response when David reminds her she can escape?
8. What does Ruth do with lit matches in Chapter 32?
9. What does David admit in Chapter 34?
10. Who arrives at the Chandler home in Chapter 37 and what is the result of the visit?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)