|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests that Meg be stripped while in the basement?
2. What does David admit in Chapter 34?
(a) He hates Meg.
(b) He loves Meg.
(c) He never runs away again from Meg's abuse.
(d) He wants to hurt Meg.
3. Who does David suddenly realize he is amongst in Chapter 41?
4. Who reminds Meg that she can run away?
5. What does Willie hit Meg with in Chapter 34?
(a) A shoe.
(b) His belt.
(c) A stick.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David give Meg to use as a weapon?
2. What word(s) best describes the Chandler house?
3. Who feels a surge of power when they realize they can help hurt Meg?
4. Who is often ill?
5. Who does David believe to be separate from him and "the others"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ruth do with lit matches in Chapter 32?
2. Who arrives at the Chandler home in Chapter 37 and what is the result of the visit?
3. Discuss the plan that David and Susan concoct in order to escape the Chandler basement.
4. Discuss the things that each character does to Meg while she is captured in the basement at the Chandler house.
5. Discuss the emotions David feels in Chapter 25 when he sees Meg being abused.
6. What happens when Ruth tells Meg that Susan will have to clean up the tea that is spilled?
7. After David stays away from Donny for some time, what does he then learn from Donny about the treatment Meg is currently enduring?
8. What does David admit about Meg and the abuse against her in Chapter 29?
9. Discuss David's visit with Susan while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
10. When David arrives at the Chandler's in Chapter 25, what does he find?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)