|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does David believe to be separate from him and "the others"?
2. What is Meg denied by Ruth while David is away?
(a) To go to sleep.
(c) To leave.
3. Who rapes Meg?
4. Who does Donny try to talk to first about the abuse against Meg?
(a) The police.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
5. Who does Donny convince Ruth to let in the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Susan while Meg is being tortured?
2. After Meg is branded, what does Donny note about her?
3. Who reminds Meg that she can run away?
4. What catches on fire in the basement?
5. What does David admit in Chapter 34?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the kiss shared between Meg and David.
2. How does David try and help Meg escape?
3. Who arrives at the Chandler home in Chapter 37 and what is the result of the visit?
4. Discuss the atmosphere at the Chandler house in Chapter 37.
5. What does Ruth do with lit matches in Chapter 32?
6. After David stays away from Donny for some time, what does he then learn from Donny about the treatment Meg is currently enduring?
7. Discuss David's visit with Susan while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
8. Discuss the things that each character does to Meg while she is captured in the basement at the Chandler house.
9. Discuss the emotions David feels in Chapter 25 when he sees Meg being abused.
10. Who has nightmares about Meg and what do they do about them?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)