|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refuses to let David spend the night at the Chandler's?
(a) David's mother.
(c) David's father.
2. Who is said to likely have a disease after sexual interaction with Meg?
3. Who places insects on Meg's body?
4. What does David use in order to form a trip wire?
(a) A string.
(d) A necklace.
5. After Meg is branded, what does Donny note about her?
(a) She isn't as attractive.
(b) She is more attractive.
(c) She will never get married.
(d) She is not attractive at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hits Meg with their shoe in Chapter 34?
2. Who does David believe to be separate from him and "the others"?
3. Who visits Susan while Meg is being tortured?
4. What is Meg given to drink and eat in Chapter 29?
5. What word(s) best describes the Chandler house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David admit in Chapter 34?
2. What information does Donny tell David in Chapter 27?
3. Discuss the time frame that David notes in Chapter 38.
4. What occurs when Meg is allowed tea and toast?
5. Discuss the emotions David feels in Chapter 25 when he sees Meg being abused.
6. Discuss Ruth's health in Chapter 35.
7. Discuss David's visit with Susan while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
8. Who has nightmares about Meg and what do they do about them?
9. After David stays away from Donny for some time, what does he then learn from Donny about the treatment Meg is currently enduring?
10. What does Ruth do with lit matches in Chapter 32?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)