|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is unable to look David in the eye in Chapter 39?
2. Who refuses to let David spend the night at the Chandler's?
(a) David's mother.
(c) David's father.
3. What is Meg tied to in Chapter 28?
(a) The door.
(b) A chair.
(c) The bookcase.
(d) The rafters.
4. Who says that stripping Meg is not a good idea?
5. What do the members of the Chandler family use Meg as in Chapter 25?
(a) A boomerang.
(b) A dish rag.
(c) A football.
(d) A tackling dummy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reminds Meg that she can run away?
2. What does David mention about the Chandler's door?
3. Who visits Susan while Meg is being tortured?
4. Who finds Meg to be beautiful?
5. Who hits Meg on the head with a book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes David to realize he is among savages?
2. What is Meg's emotional response to the abuse she suffers in Chapter 28?
3. What information does Donny tell David in Chapter 27?
4. Discuss the things that each character does to Meg while she is captured in the basement at the Chandler house.
5. What does David admit in Chapter 34?
6. Who arrives at the Chandler home in Chapter 37 and what is the result of the visit?
7. Discuss the conversation David and Susan have in Chapter 43.
8. What does David admit about Meg and the abuse against her in Chapter 29?
9. Discuss David's visit with Susan while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
10. How does David try and help Meg escape?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)