|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reminds Meg that she can run away?
2. How is Meg caught escaping?
(a) The police catch Meg.
(b) Donny tells Ruth about Meg's plans.
(c) Meg goes back for Susan.
(d) David tells Ruth about Meg's plans.
3. When David goes to the brook in Chapter 39, what does he learn about Meg?
(a) She's been caught trying to escape.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She escaped without being caught.
(d) She's not really in trouble.
4. After Meg is branded, what does Donny note about her?
(a) She isn't as attractive.
(b) She is more attractive.
(c) She is not attractive at all.
(d) She will never get married.
5. Who is tormented by thoughts of Meg in the basement in Chapter 29?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who places insects on Meg's body?
2. What does David give Meg to use as a weapon?
3. Who does David suddenly realize he is amongst in Chapter 41?
4. Who is the second person David decides he should talk to about the abuse toward Meg?
5. What do the members of the Chandler family use Meg as in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes David to realize he is among savages?
2. When David arrives at the Chandler's in Chapter 25, what does he find?
3. What does David admit about Meg and the abuse against her in Chapter 29?
4. Discuss the atmosphere at the Chandler house in Chapter 37.
5. What occurs when Meg is allowed tea and toast?
6. Discuss the things that each character does to Meg while she is captured in the basement at the Chandler house.
7. Discuss David's visit with Susan while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
8. Discuss the emotions David feels in Chapter 25 when he sees Meg being abused.
9. What is Meg's response when David reminds her she can escape?
10. Discuss the conversation David and Susan have in Chapter 43.
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)