|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Donny try to talk to first about the abuse against Meg?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) The police.
(d) His mother.
2. What does David believe to be the softest thing on the planet?
(a) Meg's lips.
(b) Meg's skin.
(c) Meg's hair.
(d) Meg's voice.
3. What appears on Ruth's body?
(a) Burn marks.
(c) Bite marks.
4. What does David admit in Chapter 34?
(a) He hates Meg.
(b) He wants to hurt Meg.
(c) He loves Meg.
(d) He never runs away again from Meg's abuse.
5. When David goes to the brook in Chapter 39, what does he learn about Meg?
(a) She escaped without being caught.
(b) She's been caught trying to escape.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She's not really in trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys play while Meg is left in the basement alone?
2. Who is locked in the shelter?
3. What is Meg standing on while tied up and blindfolded?
4. When Ruth is preoccupied, what is the kids treatment toward Meg?
5. Where does David leave money for Meg?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the atmosphere at the Chandler house in Chapter 37.
2. What happens when Ruth tells Meg that Susan will have to clean up the tea that is spilled?
3. Discuss Ruth's health in Chapter 35.
4. What does Ruth do with lit matches in Chapter 32?
5. What is Meg's emotional response to the abuse she suffers in Chapter 28?
6. Discuss the kiss shared between Meg and David.
7. How does David try and help Meg escape?
8. What does David admit in Chapter 34?
9. Discuss David's visit with Susan while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
10. What causes David to realize he is among savages?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)