|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the second person David decides he should talk to about the abuse toward Meg?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) The police.
(d) His brother.
2. What word(s) best describes the Chandler house?
3. Where does David leave money for Meg?
(a) The brook.
(b) The mailbox.
(c) The basement.
(d) Meg's room.
4. Who hits Meg on the head with a book?
5. What does Ruth do to Meg's drink?
(a) Takes it away.
(b) Drains it.
(c) Drinks it.
(d) Knocks it to the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who feels a surge of power when they realize they can help hurt Meg?
2. What does David use as fuel fire?
3. Who suggests that Meg be stripped while in the basement?
4. Who visits Susan while Meg is being tortured?
5. Who refuses to let David spend the night at the Chandler's?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does David try and help Meg escape?
2. Discuss the time frame that David notes in Chapter 38.
3. What happens when Ruth tells Meg that Susan will have to clean up the tea that is spilled?
4. What is Meg's emotional response to the abuse she suffers in Chapter 28?
5. What does Ruth do with lit matches in Chapter 32?
6. When David goes into the Chandler basement in Chapter 27, what does David find?
7. Who arrives at the Chandler home in Chapter 37 and what is the result of the visit?
8. What occurs when Meg is allowed tea and toast?
9. Discuss the plan that David and Susan concoct in order to escape the Chandler basement.
10. Discuss David's visit with Susan while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)