|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who promises to help Meg escape?
2. Who is the second person David decides he should talk to about the abuse toward Meg?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) The police.
(d) His mother.
3. Who suggests that Meg be stripped while in the basement?
4. Who hits Meg on the head with a book?
5. What do the Chandlers often do near Meg while ignoring her?
(a) Play cards.
(b) Watch television.
(c) Play checkers.
(d) Play chess.
Short Answer Questions
1. When David goes to the brook in Chapter 39, what does he learn about Meg?
2. Who is often ill?
3. Who reminds Meg that she can run away?
4. What word(s) best describes the Chandler house?
5. How does David describe Ruth's eyes in Chapter 32?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has nightmares about Meg and what do they do about them?
2. What is Meg's emotional response to the abuse she suffers in Chapter 28?
3. What does David admit in Chapter 34?
4. After David stays away from Donny for some time, what does he then learn from Donny about the treatment Meg is currently enduring?
5. Discuss David's visit with Susan while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
6. Discuss Ruth's health in Chapter 35.
7. How does David try and help Meg escape?
8. What happens when Ruth tells Meg that Susan will have to clean up the tea that is spilled?
9. What does Ruth do with lit matches in Chapter 32?
10. What information does Donny tell David in Chapter 27?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)