|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does David suddenly realize he is amongst in Chapter 41?
2. Who has to empty Meg's bed pan every day?
3. Who refuses to let David spend the night at the Chandler's?
(a) David's father.
(b) David's mother.
4. Who visits Susan while Meg is being tortured?
(b) The police.
5. Where does David leave money for Meg?
(a) The basement.
(b) The brook.
(c) Meg's room.
(d) The mailbox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will be forced to clean up the drink that Ruth spills?
2. Who hits Meg with their shoe in Chapter 34?
3. What is Meg denied by Ruth while David is away?
4. Who is knocked from their chair in Chapter 39 when they begin to cry?
5. What does David hear when he enters the Chandler home in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the time frame that David notes in Chapter 38.
2. What happens when Ruth tells Meg that Susan will have to clean up the tea that is spilled?
3. How does David try and help Meg escape?
4. Discuss Ruth's health in Chapter 35.
5. After David stays away from Donny for some time, what does he then learn from Donny about the treatment Meg is currently enduring?
6. Who has nightmares about Meg and what do they do about them?
7. When David goes into the Chandler basement in Chapter 27, what does David find?
8. Discuss the atmosphere at the Chandler house in Chapter 37.
9. What is Meg's emotional response to the abuse she suffers in Chapter 28?
10. Discuss David's visit with Susan while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)