|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth throw at Meg?
(c) Glass jars.
(d) Lit matches.
2. Who is knocked from their chair in Chapter 39 when they begin to cry?
3. What does David try to give Meg in order for her to escape?
(b) A telephone book.
4. Who unties Meg in Chapter 30?
5. Who does David believe to be separate from him and "the others"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who feels shame because they wanted something bad to happen to Meg?
2. What does David mention about the Chandler's door?
3. What does David compare watching Meg in the basement to?
4. What does David use in order to form a trip wire?
5. Who is hit with a belt by Ruth?
Short Essay Questions
1. After David stays away from Donny for some time, what does he then learn from Donny about the treatment Meg is currently enduring?
2. What causes David to realize he is among savages?
3. Discuss David's visit with Susan while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
4. Who has nightmares about Meg and what do they do about them?
5. Discuss the time frame that David notes in Chapter 38.
6. Who arrives at the Chandler home in Chapter 37 and what is the result of the visit?
7. What information does Donny tell David in Chapter 27?
8. What does Ruth do with lit matches in Chapter 32?
9. What does David admit about Meg and the abuse against her in Chapter 29?
10. How does David try and help Meg escape?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)