|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David goes to the brook in Chapter 39, what does he learn about Meg?
(a) She's not really in trouble.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She escaped without being caught.
(d) She's been caught trying to escape.
2. Who hits Meg on the head with a book?
3. What does Ruth throw at Meg?
(a) Glass jars.
(c) Lit matches.
4. What does David admit in Chapter 34?
(a) He never runs away again from Meg's abuse.
(b) He hates Meg.
(c) He loves Meg.
(d) He wants to hurt Meg.
5. While Meg is being hurt by Willie and Eddie, where is Ruth?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In bed with a headache.
(d) Out of town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David believe to be separate from him and "the others"?
2. What is Meg standing on while tied up and blindfolded?
3. What do the members of the Chandler family use Meg as in Chapter 25?
4. What word(s) best describes the Chandler house?
5. Who is afraid to go to the police because of their involvement in Meg's abuse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the atmosphere at the Chandler house in Chapter 37.
2. What is Meg's emotional response to the abuse she suffers in Chapter 28?
3. Discuss the things that each character does to Meg while she is captured in the basement at the Chandler house.
4. When David arrives at the Chandler's in Chapter 25, what does he find?
5. Discuss Ruth's health in Chapter 35.
6. What does David admit about Meg and the abuse against her in Chapter 29?
7. Discuss the kiss shared between Meg and David.
8. Discuss the time frame that David notes in Chapter 38.
9. Who arrives at the Chandler home in Chapter 37 and what is the result of the visit?
10. Discuss David's visit with Susan while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)