|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David compare watching Meg in the basement to?
(a) Watching a car accident.
(b) Watching a concert.
(c) Watching an animal at the zoo.
(d) Watching a live show.
2. Who informs David that The Game is being played in the basement with Meg?
3. Who is locked in the shelter?
4. In Chapter 42, who tells readers there are some things a person will die without saying?
5. Where is David when he learns both fear and hate in the same moment?
(a) Meg's room.
(b) The Chandler's kitchen.
(c) The Chandler's basement.
(d) Ruth's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Meg standing on while tied up and blindfolded?
2. What does David hear when he enters the Chandler home in Chapter 25?
3. Who is said to likely have a disease after sexual interaction with Meg?
4. Who acknowledges that Meg is prettier than a model?
5. After Meg is branded, what does Donny note about her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David admit in Chapter 34?
2. What occurs when Meg is allowed tea and toast?
3. What is Meg's emotional response to the abuse she suffers in Chapter 28?
4. What causes David to realize he is among savages?
5. Who has nightmares about Meg and what do they do about them?
6. How does David try and help Meg escape?
7. When David goes into the Chandler basement in Chapter 27, what does David find?
8. What information does Donny tell David in Chapter 27?
9. Discuss the atmosphere at the Chandler house in Chapter 37.
10. Discuss the plan that David and Susan concoct in order to escape the Chandler basement.
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)