|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Meg is being hurt by Willie and Eddie, where is Ruth?
(b) In the basement.
(c) Out of town.
(d) In bed with a headache.
2. What appears on Ruth's body?
(a) Bite marks.
(c) Burn marks.
3. Who is unable to look David in the eye in Chapter 39?
4. What do the members of the Chandler family use Meg as in Chapter 25?
(a) A tackling dummy.
(b) A football.
(c) A dish rag.
(d) A boomerang.
5. Who often treats Meg lovingly instead of violently?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is often ill?
2. When school starts, what will have to end?
3. Who will be forced to clean up the drink that Ruth spills?
4. How does David describe Ruth's eyes in Chapter 32?
5. What is Meg tied to in Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Ruth's health in Chapter 35.
2. How does David try and help Meg escape?
3. What occurs when Meg is allowed tea and toast?
4. Discuss the things that each character does to Meg while she is captured in the basement at the Chandler house.
5. What information does Donny tell David in Chapter 27?
6. After David stays away from Donny for some time, what does he then learn from Donny about the treatment Meg is currently enduring?
7. Discuss the conversation David and Susan have in Chapter 43.
8. Discuss the plan that David and Susan concoct in order to escape the Chandler basement.
9. What causes David to realize he is among savages?
10. When David arrives at the Chandler's in Chapter 25, what does he find?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)