|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who feels a surge of power when they realize they can help hurt Meg?
2. Who suggests that Meg be stripped while in the basement?
3. What does David learn that Ruth is preoccupied with?
(a) Her job.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Her illness.
(d) Her depression.
4. How is Meg caught escaping?
(a) Meg goes back for Susan.
(b) The police catch Meg.
(c) David tells Ruth about Meg's plans.
(d) Donny tells Ruth about Meg's plans.
5. What does David hear when he enters the Chandler home in Chapter 25?
(b) An explosion.
(c) A commotion.
(d) A fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds Meg to be beautiful?
2. Who acknowledges that Meg is prettier than a model?
3. When school starts, what will have to end?
4. Who reminds Meg that she can run away?
5. Who says that stripping Meg is not a good idea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Ruth tells Meg that Susan will have to clean up the tea that is spilled?
2. Discuss the plan that David and Susan concoct in order to escape the Chandler basement.
3. Who has nightmares about Meg and what do they do about them?
4. Discuss the time frame that David notes in Chapter 38.
5. Discuss the things that each character does to Meg while she is captured in the basement at the Chandler house.
6. Discuss the conversation David and Susan have in Chapter 43.
7. What is Meg's response when David reminds her she can escape?
8. Discuss David's visit with Susan while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
9. Who arrives at the Chandler home in Chapter 37 and what is the result of the visit?
10. When David arrives at the Chandler's in Chapter 25, what does he find?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)