|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David describe Ruth's eyes in Chapter 32?
2. Who visits Susan while Meg is being tortured?
(d) The police.
3. What is Meg standing on while tied up and blindfolded?
(a) A bucket.
(b) A pile of books.
(c) A basket.
(d) A box.
4. What does David try to give Meg in order for her to escape?
(a) A telephone book.
5. Who informs David that The Game is being played in the basement with Meg?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reminds Meg that she can run away?
2. What does David mention about the Chandler's door?
3. When David goes to the brook in Chapter 39, what does he learn about Meg?
4. What does Ruth do to Meg's drink?
5. Who acknowledges that Meg is prettier than a model?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Meg's emotional response to the abuse she suffers in Chapter 28?
2. How does David try and help Meg escape?
3. Discuss the conversation David and Susan have in Chapter 43.
4. Who has nightmares about Meg and what do they do about them?
5. Discuss the atmosphere at the Chandler house in Chapter 37.
6. Discuss the emotions David feels in Chapter 25 when he sees Meg being abused.
7. When David goes into the Chandler basement in Chapter 27, what does David find?
8. Discuss the things that each character does to Meg while she is captured in the basement at the Chandler house.
9. When David arrives at the Chandler's in Chapter 25, what does he find?
10. What happens when Ruth tells Meg that Susan will have to clean up the tea that is spilled?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)