|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does David leave money for Meg?
(a) The basement.
(b) The mailbox.
(c) The brook.
(d) Meg's room.
2. While Meg is being hurt by Willie and Eddie, where is Ruth?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In bed with a headache.
(c) Out of town.
3. Who does Donny try to talk to first about the abuse against Meg?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) The police.
4. Who feels shame because they wanted something bad to happen to Meg?
5. Who asks "the others" if they plan to kill Meg?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David use as fuel fire?
2. Who places insects on Meg's body?
3. What do the Chandlers often do near Meg while ignoring her?
4. What is Meg told she must do before she is allowed free of her capture?
5. Who acknowledges that Meg is prettier than a model?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the conversation David and Susan have in Chapter 43.
2. What causes David to realize he is among savages?
3. What does David admit in Chapter 34?
4. Discuss the kiss shared between Meg and David.
5. Discuss David's visit with Susan while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
6. Discuss the time frame that David notes in Chapter 38.
7. Discuss the plan that David and Susan concoct in order to escape the Chandler basement.
8. Discuss Ruth's health in Chapter 35.
9. What is Meg's response when David reminds her she can escape?
10. What occurs when Meg is allowed tea and toast?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)