|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Chandlers often do near Meg while ignoring her?
(a) Watch television.
(b) Play checkers.
(c) Play chess.
(d) Play cards.
2. What word(s) best describes the Chandler house?
3. Where is David when he learns both fear and hate in the same moment?
(a) Ruth's room.
(b) The Chandler's basement.
(c) The Chandler's kitchen.
(d) Meg's room.
4. Who is locked in the shelter?
5. What does David use as fuel fire?
(a) A jacket.
(b) A sheet.
(c) A pillow.
(d) A blanket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reminds Meg that she can run away?
2. Who rapes Meg?
3. Who is unable to look David in the eye in Chapter 39?
4. Who suggests that Meg be stripped while in the basement?
5. Who asks "the others" if they plan to kill Meg?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Ruth's health in Chapter 35.
2. Discuss David's visit with Susan while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
3. What is Meg's emotional response to the abuse she suffers in Chapter 28?
4. Who has nightmares about Meg and what do they do about them?
5. After David stays away from Donny for some time, what does he then learn from Donny about the treatment Meg is currently enduring?
6. Discuss the plan that David and Susan concoct in order to escape the Chandler basement.
7. Discuss the things that each character does to Meg while she is captured in the basement at the Chandler house.
8. What occurs when Meg is allowed tea and toast?
9. Who arrives at the Chandler home in Chapter 37 and what is the result of the visit?
10. What does David admit in Chapter 34?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)