|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who often speaks late into the evening about their dreams and hopes?
(a) Eddie and Denise.
(b) Meg and Susan.
(c) David and Donny.
(d) Ruth and David.
2. Who does Meg decide to speak with about the abuse at the Chandler's?
(a) Officer Williams.
(b) Officer Jenks.
(c) Officer Jones.
(d) Officer Jennings.
3. What is Meg fascinated by at the carnival?
(a) The Ferris Wheel.
(b) A roller coaster.
(c) The stuffed animal prizes.
(d) The freak show.
4. What word(s) best describes the Chandler's house?
(a) Clean and unorganized.
(b) Neat and tidy.
(c) Messy and unclean.
5. Who is Donny's twin brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is told to stay out of the ice box?
2. Who tickles Meg in Chapter 17?
3. Who's parents does David learn died in a car accident?
4. Who does David meet at the Rock for the first time in Chapter 2?
5. What does David ask readers if they know about in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is The Game?
2. What does Meg discuss with David after the tent worm incident?
3. What happens when Ruth recruits the children to get rid of the trees full of tent worms?
4. Discuss the painting Meg gives David.
5. Who does David meet at the Rock and what is David's response?
6. What happens on the Fourth of July?
7. What does David notice about Meg's arm and what is Meg's reaction to living at the Chandler family home?
8. Who do the boys spy on in Chapter 8 and why?
9. Why is Meg confronted by the Chandler family in Chapter 22?
10. Who does David talk to at the carnival and what does David think of these people?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)