|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word(s) best describes the weather at the carnival?
(b) Hot and humid.
(c) Cold and windy.
2. What word(s) best describes the Chandler's house?
(a) Neat and tidy.
(c) Clean and unorganized.
(d) Messy and unclean.
3. Who do David and his friends spy on in order to see them undress?
4. Who does Ruth confront about Meg's behavior?
5. What is Ralphie's nickname?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is David when he writes the story?
2. While at the carnival, what does Denise mention to David?
3. Who tickles Meg in Chapter 17?
4. Who slaps Meg in Chapter 14?
5. Who tries to pry Meg's mouth open?
Short Essay Questions
1. When David finds himself alone at the carnival, what does he do?
2. Why is Meg confronted by the Chandler family in Chapter 22?
3. What does David admit about Meg and the abuse against her in Chapter 29?
4. Why does Susan get in trouble by Ruth in Chapter 9?
5. Who do the boys spy on in Chapter 8 and why?
6. What does Ruth discuss with the boys in Chapter 7?
7. Discuss the atmosphere at the Chandler house in Chapter 37.
8. What is David's life like after the summer of 1958?
9. How does Ruth die?
10. What is Meg's response when David reminds her she can escape?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)