|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who often speaks late into the evening about their dreams and hopes?
(a) Eddie and Denise.
(b) Ruth and David.
(c) Meg and Susan.
(d) David and Donny.
2. What event does David attend in Chapter 4?
(a) A play.
(b) A friend's birthday party.
(c) A concert.
(d) The Carnival.
3. Who does Meg talk to about Ruth's hatred?
4. Who is said to be reckless and daring?
5. Who brushes Susan's hair in Chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does David look back on in the story?
2. Who gives Ruth a painting?
3. Who is accused of helping Meg hit another person?
4. What does David realize Ruth is doing with Susan?
5. Who often annoys David?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Meg's opinion of Ruth, Woofer and the Chandler basement in Chapter 5?
2. Who do the boys spy on in Chapter 8 and why?
3. Who does David talk to at the carnival and what does David think of these people?
4. What is the shelter?
5. What is the result of the boys spying in Chapter 8?
6. Discuss the neighborhood's reaction to the abuse of Meg.
7. What does David learn about Meg in Chapter 18?
8. What happens to Meg's parents?
9. What does David learn and see happen in Chapter 14 when arriving home inebriated?
10. What does Ruth discuss with the boys in Chapter 7?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)