|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the place to be for children in the neighborhood?
(a) The Rock.
(b) The Chandler house.
(c) The creek.
(d) Donny's house.
2. What type of street does the story take place on?
(a) A busy street.
(b) A dead end street.
(c) A two-block street.
(d) A street with only apartment homes.
3. How old is Ralphie in the story?
4. What event does David attend in Chapter 4?
(a) A concert.
(b) A play.
(c) A friend's birthday party.
(d) The Carnival.
5. Who is told not to say anything about a domestic dispute at the Chandler's?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brushes Susan's hair in Chapter 17?
2. Who is accused of helping Meg hit another person?
3. What does David find scary about the Chandler's house?
4. Who hits Woofer in Chapter 17?
5. Who tickles Meg in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does David talk to at the carnival and what does David think of these people?
2. What happens on the Fourth of July?
3. Discuss the neighborhood's reaction to the abuse of Meg.
4. What is the Rock and what does David do while there in Chapter 2?
5. What happens when Ruth recruits the children to get rid of the trees full of tent worms?
6. What does Meg discuss with David after the tent worm incident?
7. What happens when the Chandler kids go to the carnival in Chapter 7?
8. What is The Game?
9. When David finds himself alone at the carnival, what does he do?
10. What does Ruth discuss with the boys in Chapter 7?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)