|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is accused of eating when they are found in the kitchen?
2. Which wife of David's has a lover who is skinned alive?
(a) His fourth wife.
(b) His first wife.
(c) His third wife.
(d) His second wife.
3. Who is David's best friend?
4. Who does Ruth confront about Meg's behavior?
5. Who is accused of helping Meg hit another person?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is told not to say anything about a domestic dispute at the Chandler's?
2. Who is stripped and tied to a tree?
3. What does David notice about Meg's arm?
4. Where do David and his friends spend the night in Chapter 8?
5. What does David ask readers if they know about in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Ruth recruits the children to get rid of the trees full of tent worms?
2. Discuss David's visit with Susan while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
3. Why is Meg confronted by the Chandler family in Chapter 22?
4. What is the result of the boys spying in Chapter 8?
5. Discuss the painting Meg gives David.
6. Discuss how Meg becomes unconscious in the basement.
7. Who arrives at the Chandler home in Chapter 37 and what is the result of the visit?
8. After David stays away from Donny for some time, what does he then learn from Donny about the treatment Meg is currently enduring?
9. What is the shelter?
10. Discuss the plan that David and Susan concoct in order to escape the Chandler basement.
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)