|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of painting is given to David?
(a) A watercolor.
(b) A landscape.
(c) A black and white.
(d) A portrait.
2. What shop does David visit in Chapter 13?
(a) A cake shop.
(b) A piano shop.
(c) A frame shop.
(d) A clothing shop.
3. What word(s) best describes the weather at the carnival?
(a) Hot and humid.
(c) Cold and windy.
4. Whose father has many affairs?
5. Which wife of David's has a lover who is skinned alive?
(a) His first wife.
(b) His second wife.
(c) His third wife.
(d) His fourth wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's parents does David learn died in a car accident?
2. Who is told to stay out of the ice box?
3. What event does David attend in Chapter 4?
4. Who does Meg talk to about Ruth's hatred?
5. What does David notice about Meg's arm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Chandler kids go to the carnival in Chapter 7?
2. What does David learn and see happen in Chapter 14 when arriving home inebriated?
3. Discuss the atmosphere at the Chandler house in Chapter 37.
4. Discuss the ring Meg wears.
5. What happens to Meg's parents?
6. Who is Ruth and how is the Chandler home described?
7. What is Meg's response when David reminds her she can escape?
8. What causes David to realize he is among savages?
9. What is Meg's emotional response to the abuse she suffers in Chapter 28?
10. Why is Meg confronted by the Chandler family in Chapter 22?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)