|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is locked in the shelter?
2. Who is unconscious in Chapter 43?
3. Who visits Susan while Meg is being tortured?
(a) The police.
4. What does David use in order to form a trip wire?
(b) A necklace.
(d) A string.
5. What does David hear when he enters the Chandler home in Chapter 25?
(a) A commotion.
(b) An explosion.
(d) A fire.
6. What word(s) best describes the Chandler house?
7. Who is afraid to go to the police because of their involvement in Meg's abuse?
8. How does David describe Ruth's eyes in Chapter 32?
9. Who hits Meg on the head with a book?
10. Who has to empty Meg's bed pan every day?
11. What do the boys play while Meg is left in the basement alone?
(c) The Game.
12. After Meg is branded, what does Donny note about her?
(a) She isn't as attractive.
(b) She is not attractive at all.
(c) She is more attractive.
(d) She will never get married.
13. Who does David believe to be separate from him and "the others"?
14. Who is unable to look David in the eye in Chapter 39?
15. When Ruth is preoccupied, what is the kids treatment toward Meg?
(a) The treatment remains the same.
(b) Less violent.
(c) The violence goes away.
(d) More violent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth do to Meg's drink?
2. Who does Donny try to talk to first about the abuse against Meg?
3. What is Meg given to drink and eat in Chapter 29?
4. Who finds Meg to be beautiful?
5. Who does Donny convince Ruth to let in the house?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)