|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Meg denied by Ruth while David is away?
(b) To go to sleep.
(d) To leave.
2. What is Meg told she must do before she is allowed free of her capture?
(a) Bite Ruth.
(b) Yell at David.
(c) Bite herself.
(d) Tell a secret.
3. After Meg is branded, what does Donny note about her?
(a) She is not attractive at all.
(b) She isn't as attractive.
(c) She will never get married.
(d) She is more attractive.
4. What does Susan do while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
(a) Reads a book.
(b) Watching television.
(c) A puzzle.
(d) Listens to the radio.
5. What is Meg tied to in Chapter 28?
(a) The bookcase.
(b) The rafters.
(c) The door.
(d) A chair.
6. Who feels a surge of power when they realize they can help hurt Meg?
7. What does Ruth throw at Meg?
(a) Lit matches.
(c) Glass jars.
8. Where does David leave money for Meg?
(a) The brook.
(b) Meg's room.
(c) The mailbox.
(d) The basement.
9. Who does Donny convince Ruth to let in the house?
10. What is Meg given to drink and eat in Chapter 29?
(a) A sandwich and coke.
(b) Cookies and milk.
(c) Tea and toast.
(d) Tea and biscuits.
11. Who does David believe to be separate from him and "the others"?
12. Who asks "the others" if they plan to kill Meg?
13. What does David compare watching Meg in the basement to?
(a) Watching a live show.
(b) Watching an animal at the zoo.
(c) Watching a concert.
(d) Watching a car accident.
14. What grows out of control for David?
(a) His hatred towards Ruth.
(b) His fantasies about Meg.
(c) His violence toward Meg.
(d) His disgust for Meg.
15. Who has to empty Meg's bed pan every day?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hits Meg on the head with a book?
2. What word(s) best describes the Chandler house?
3. Who refuses to let David spend the night at the Chandler's?
4. What does David try to give Meg in order for her to escape?
5. What do the boys play while Meg is left in the basement alone?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)