|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David describe Ruth's eyes in Chapter 32?
2. What does David mention about the Chandler's door?
(a) The door is made of glass.
(b) The door is always locked.
(c) The door has no latch.
(d) The door is broken.
3. Who is unconscious in Chapter 43?
4. Who rapes Meg?
5. What appears on Ruth's body?
(a) Bite marks.
(b) Burn marks.
6. What does David give Meg to use as a weapon?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) A tire iron.
(d) A wooden board.
7. What does David use as fuel fire?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A sheet.
(c) A pillow.
(d) A jacket.
8. What does David try to give Meg in order for her to escape?
(b) A telephone book.
9. Who force feeds Meg crackers in Chapter 35?
(b) Denise and Eddie.
(c) Denise and Cheryl.
10. Who suggests that Meg be stripped while in the basement?
11. Who does David suddenly realize he is amongst in Chapter 41?
12. When David goes to the brook in Chapter 39, what does he learn about Meg?
(a) She's not really in trouble.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She escaped without being caught.
(d) She's been caught trying to escape.
13. What does Susan do while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
(a) Watching television.
(b) Listens to the radio.
(c) Reads a book.
(d) A puzzle.
14. Where is David when he learns both fear and hate in the same moment?
(a) The Chandler's kitchen.
(b) Meg's room.
(c) Ruth's room.
(d) The Chandler's basement.
15. Who places insects on Meg's body?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word(s) best describes the Chandler house?
2. Who often treats Meg lovingly instead of violently?
3. Who is said to likely have a disease after sexual interaction with Meg?
4. Who is locked in the shelter?
5. Who hits Meg on the head with a book?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)