|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is knocked from their chair in Chapter 39 when they begin to cry?
2. Who hits Meg with their shoe in Chapter 34?
3. Who does Donny convince Ruth to let in the house?
4. Who refuses to let David spend the night at the Chandler's?
(c) David's mother.
(d) David's father.
5. Who suggests that Meg be stripped while in the basement?
6. What does David compare watching Meg in the basement to?
(a) Watching an animal at the zoo.
(b) Watching a car accident.
(c) Watching a live show.
(d) Watching a concert.
7. Who force feeds Meg crackers in Chapter 35?
(a) Denise and Eddie.
(d) Denise and Cheryl.
8. In Chapter 42, who tells readers there are some things a person will die without saying?
9. What does Susan do while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
(a) Listens to the radio.
(b) A puzzle.
(c) Watching television.
(d) Reads a book.
10. What does David learn that Ruth is preoccupied with?
(a) Her illness.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Her depression.
(d) Her job.
11. What does David use in order to form a trip wire?
(a) A necklace.
(d) A string.
12. What is Meg denied by Ruth while David is away?
(a) To go to sleep.
(d) To leave.
13. What catches on fire in the basement?
(a) Meg's hair.
(b) Meg's dress.
(c) Meg's arm.
(d) Meg's shoe.
14. When school starts, what will have to end?
(a) The Game.
(c) Meetings at the Rock.
(d) Summer fun.
15. Where is David when he learns both fear and hate in the same moment?
(a) The Chandler's basement.
(b) Ruth's room.
(c) The Chandler's kitchen.
(d) Meg's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the members of the Chandler family use Meg as in Chapter 25?
2. Who is unable to look David in the eye in Chapter 39?
3. Who unties Meg in Chapter 30?
4. What is Meg given to drink and eat in Chapter 29?
5. Who will be forced to clean up the drink that Ruth spills?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)