|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is knocked from their chair in Chapter 39 when they begin to cry?
2. Who often treats Meg lovingly instead of violently?
3. Who hits Meg on the head with a book?
4. Who feels shame because they wanted something bad to happen to Meg?
5. How does David describe Ruth's eyes in Chapter 32?
6. What is Meg told she must do before she is allowed free of her capture?
(a) Tell a secret.
(b) Bite Ruth.
(c) Bite herself.
(d) Yell at David.
7. What does David try to give Meg in order for her to escape?
(d) A telephone book.
8. Who will be forced to clean up the drink that Ruth spills?
9. What does Ruth throw at Meg?
(a) Lit matches.
(c) Glass jars.
10. Who does David believe to be separate from him and "the others"?
11. What does David give Meg to use as a weapon?
(a) A knife.
(b) A wooden board.
(c) A gun.
(d) A tire iron.
12. What grows out of control for David?
(a) His violence toward Meg.
(b) His hatred towards Ruth.
(c) His fantasies about Meg.
(d) His disgust for Meg.
13. Who is unable to look David in the eye in Chapter 39?
14. Who has to empty Meg's bed pan every day?
15. When school starts, what will have to end?
(b) Meetings at the Rock.
(c) Summer fun.
(d) The Game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David admit in Chapter 34?
2. What does Willie hit Meg with in Chapter 34?
3. What do the members of the Chandler family use Meg as in Chapter 25?
4. Who says that stripping Meg is not a good idea?
5. What do the boys play while Meg is left in the basement alone?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)