|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does David believe to be separate from him and "the others"?
2. Who does Donny try to talk to first about the abuse against Meg?
(a) His father.
(b) The police.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
3. What does David use in order to form a trip wire?
(a) A necklace.
(d) A string.
4. What appears on Ruth's body?
(c) Bite marks.
(d) Burn marks.
5. Who says that stripping Meg is not a good idea?
6. What is Meg given to drink and eat in Chapter 29?
(a) Tea and biscuits.
(b) Tea and toast.
(c) A sandwich and coke.
(d) Cookies and milk.
7. Who asks "the others" if they plan to kill Meg?
8. Who hits Meg on the head with a book?
9. Who is unconscious in Chapter 43?
10. When David goes to the brook in Chapter 39, what does he learn about Meg?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She's been caught trying to escape.
(c) She escaped without being caught.
(d) She's not really in trouble.
11. What do the Chandlers often do near Meg while ignoring her?
(a) Play checkers.
(b) Play chess.
(c) Watch television.
(d) Play cards.
12. What does David try to give Meg in order for her to escape?
(b) A telephone book.
13. Who is knocked from their chair in Chapter 39 when they begin to cry?
14. In Chapter 42, who tells readers there are some things a person will die without saying?
15. Who suggests that Meg be stripped while in the basement?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys play while Meg is left in the basement alone?
2. Who refuses to let David spend the night at the Chandler's?
3. Who feels shame because they wanted something bad to happen to Meg?
4. What grows out of control for David?
5. Who promises to help Meg escape?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)