|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willie hit Meg with in Chapter 34?
(a) A book.
(b) His belt.
(c) A stick.
(d) A shoe.
2. What does David believe to be the softest thing on the planet?
(a) Meg's hair.
(b) Meg's voice.
(c) Meg's skin.
(d) Meg's lips.
3. Who does David suddenly realize he is amongst in Chapter 41?
4. What is Meg standing on while tied up and blindfolded?
(a) A bucket.
(b) A box.
(c) A basket.
(d) A pile of books.
5. Who is the second person David decides he should talk to about the abuse toward Meg?
(a) His mother.
(b) The police.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
6. Who promises to help Meg escape?
7. Who acknowledges that Meg is prettier than a model?
8. Who is tormented by thoughts of Meg in the basement in Chapter 29?
9. Who is unconscious in Chapter 43?
10. When Ruth is preoccupied, what is the kids treatment toward Meg?
(a) Less violent.
(b) More violent.
(c) The violence goes away.
(d) The treatment remains the same.
11. Who often treats Meg lovingly instead of violently?
12. What does David give Meg to use as a weapon?
(a) A knife.
(b) A tire iron.
(c) A gun.
(d) A wooden board.
13. What do the boys play while Meg is left in the basement alone?
(d) The Game.
14. Who suggests that Meg be stripped while in the basement?
15. Who hits Meg on the head with a book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who force feeds Meg crackers in Chapter 35?
2. Who is often ill?
3. What word(s) best describes the Chandler house?
4. Who feels shame because they wanted something bad to happen to Meg?
5. Who visits Susan while Meg is being tortured?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)