|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grows out of control for David?
(a) His hatred towards Ruth.
(b) His violence toward Meg.
(c) His fantasies about Meg.
(d) His disgust for Meg.
2. What word(s) best describes the Chandler house?
3. What is Meg told she must do before she is allowed free of her capture?
(a) Yell at David.
(b) Tell a secret.
(c) Bite herself.
(d) Bite Ruth.
4. After Meg is branded, what does Donny note about her?
(a) She isn't as attractive.
(b) She will never get married.
(c) She is more attractive.
(d) She is not attractive at all.
5. What does Ruth do to Meg's drink?
(a) Takes it away.
(b) Drains it.
(c) Knocks it to the ground.
(d) Drinks it.
6. Who unties Meg in Chapter 30?
7. While Meg is being hurt by Willie and Eddie, where is Ruth?
(b) Out of town.
(c) In bed with a headache.
(d) In the basement.
8. What is Meg denied by Ruth while David is away?
(a) To leave.
(b) To go to sleep.
9. Who does Donny convince Ruth to let in the house?
10. Who has to empty Meg's bed pan every day?
11. In Chapter 42, who tells readers there are some things a person will die without saying?
12. Who feels shame because they wanted something bad to happen to Meg?
13. What does David admit in Chapter 34?
(a) He wants to hurt Meg.
(b) He never runs away again from Meg's abuse.
(c) He hates Meg.
(d) He loves Meg.
14. What does David mention about the Chandler's door?
(a) The door is made of glass.
(b) The door has no latch.
(c) The door is broken.
(d) The door is always locked.
15. What do the boys play while Meg is left in the basement alone?
(a) The Game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is David when he learns both fear and hate in the same moment?
2. What do the Chandlers often do near Meg while ignoring her?
3. Who suggests that Meg be stripped while in the basement?
4. Who often treats Meg lovingly instead of violently?
5. Who is unconscious in Chapter 43?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)