|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appears on Ruth's body?
(c) Bite marks.
(d) Burn marks.
2. Who visits Susan while Meg is being tortured?
(d) The police.
3. What does Ruth do to Meg's drink?
(a) Drinks it.
(b) Drains it.
(c) Takes it away.
(d) Knocks it to the ground.
4. Who reminds Meg that she can run away?
5. Who is afraid to go to the police because of their involvement in Meg's abuse?
6. Who feels a surge of power when they realize they can help hurt Meg?
7. Who is locked in the shelter?
8. What is Meg given to drink and eat in Chapter 29?
(a) Tea and biscuits.
(b) A sandwich and coke.
(c) Tea and toast.
(d) Cookies and milk.
9. Who asks "the others" if they plan to kill Meg?
10. How does David describe Ruth's eyes in Chapter 32?
11. How is Meg caught escaping?
(a) The police catch Meg.
(b) David tells Ruth about Meg's plans.
(c) Meg goes back for Susan.
(d) Donny tells Ruth about Meg's plans.
12. Who force feeds Meg crackers in Chapter 35?
(a) Denise and Eddie.
(b) Denise and Cheryl.
13. Who has to empty Meg's bed pan every day?
14. Who is the second person David decides he should talk to about the abuse toward Meg?
(a) The police.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
15. When David goes to the brook in Chapter 39, what does he learn about Meg?
(a) She's not really in trouble.
(b) She escaped without being caught.
(c) She's been caught trying to escape.
(d) She hates him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is hit with a belt by Ruth?
2. What does David admit in Chapter 34?
3. Who refuses to let David spend the night at the Chandler's?
4. What does David hear when he enters the Chandler home in Chapter 25?
5. Who suggests that Meg be stripped while in the basement?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)