|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds Meg to be beautiful?
2. What does David compare watching Meg in the basement to?
(a) Watching a car accident.
(b) Watching a live show.
(c) Watching a concert.
(d) Watching an animal at the zoo.
3. Who is the second person David decides he should talk to about the abuse toward Meg?
(a) The police.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
4. Who visits Susan while Meg is being tortured?
(b) The police.
5. When Ruth is preoccupied, what is the kids treatment toward Meg?
(a) More violent.
(b) The treatment remains the same.
(c) Less violent.
(d) The violence goes away.
6. Who is knocked from their chair in Chapter 39 when they begin to cry?
7. What is Meg denied by Ruth while David is away?
(a) To leave.
(c) To go to sleep.
8. What does Ruth throw at Meg?
(c) Lit matches.
(d) Glass jars.
9. Who informs David that The Game is being played in the basement with Meg?
10. Who reminds Meg that she can run away?
11. What is Meg given to drink and eat in Chapter 29?
(a) Tea and biscuits.
(b) Cookies and milk.
(c) A sandwich and coke.
(d) Tea and toast.
12. Who does Donny convince Ruth to let in the house?
13. Who does David believe to be separate from him and "the others"?
14. In Chapter 42, who tells readers there are some things a person will die without saying?
15. What does Susan do while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
(a) Listens to the radio.
(b) Watching television.
(c) A puzzle.
(d) Reads a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is afraid to go to the police because of their involvement in Meg's abuse?
2. What does David hear when he enters the Chandler home in Chapter 25?
3. What does David admit in Chapter 34?
4. Who often treats Meg lovingly instead of violently?
5. Who is locked in the shelter?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)