|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 42, who tells readers there are some things a person will die without saying?
2. When David goes to the brook in Chapter 39, what does he learn about Meg?
(a) She escaped without being caught.
(b) She's not really in trouble.
(c) She's been caught trying to escape.
(d) She hates him.
3. What catches on fire in the basement?
(a) Meg's hair.
(b) Meg's dress.
(c) Meg's shoe.
(d) Meg's arm.
4. What is Meg denied by Ruth while David is away?
(a) To leave.
(b) To go to sleep.
5. What does David use as fuel fire?
(a) A pillow.
(b) A sheet.
(c) A jacket.
(d) A blanket.
6. While Meg is being hurt by Willie and Eddie, where is Ruth?
(b) In bed with a headache.
(c) In the basement.
(d) Out of town.
7. Who promises to help Meg escape?
8. What does David compare watching Meg in the basement to?
(a) Watching a live show.
(b) Watching a concert.
(c) Watching an animal at the zoo.
(d) Watching a car accident.
9. Who rapes Meg?
10. Who hits Meg with their shoe in Chapter 34?
11. Where is David when he learns both fear and hate in the same moment?
(a) Ruth's room.
(b) Meg's room.
(c) The Chandler's basement.
(d) The Chandler's kitchen.
12. Who often treats Meg lovingly instead of violently?
13. Who acknowledges that Meg is prettier than a model?
14. How does David describe Ruth's eyes in Chapter 32?
15. Who does Donny convince Ruth to let in the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David suddenly realize he is amongst in Chapter 41?
2. What grows out of control for David?
3. Who is locked in the shelter?
4. What is Meg given to drink and eat in Chapter 29?
5. What word(s) best describes the Chandler house?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)