|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who often treats Meg lovingly instead of violently?
2. What is Meg tied to in Chapter 28?
(a) The door.
(b) The bookcase.
(c) A chair.
(d) The rafters.
3. What does David use in order to form a trip wire?
(a) A necklace.
(c) A string.
4. What does David compare watching Meg in the basement to?
(a) Watching an animal at the zoo.
(b) Watching a live show.
(c) Watching a concert.
(d) Watching a car accident.
5. Who force feeds Meg crackers in Chapter 35?
(b) Denise and Eddie.
(c) Denise and Cheryl.
6. Who rapes Meg?
7. What is Meg given to drink and eat in Chapter 29?
(a) Tea and biscuits.
(b) Cookies and milk.
(c) Tea and toast.
(d) A sandwich and coke.
8. When school starts, what will have to end?
(a) Summer fun.
(c) The Game.
(d) Meetings at the Rock.
9. Who asks "the others" if they plan to kill Meg?
10. Who is unconscious in Chapter 43?
11. What do the members of the Chandler family use Meg as in Chapter 25?
(a) A dish rag.
(b) A football.
(c) A tackling dummy.
(d) A boomerang.
12. What word(s) best describes the Chandler house?
13. What does David give Meg to use as a weapon?
(a) A knife.
(b) A wooden board.
(c) A gun.
(d) A tire iron.
14. What does David admit in Chapter 34?
(a) He wants to hurt Meg.
(b) He hates Meg.
(c) He never runs away again from Meg's abuse.
(d) He loves Meg.
15. What does David hear when he enters the Chandler home in Chapter 25?
(b) An explosion.
(c) A commotion.
(d) A fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What appears on Ruth's body?
2. Who is knocked from their chair in Chapter 39 when they begin to cry?
3. Who unties Meg in Chapter 30?
4. Who is locked in the shelter?
5. When David goes to the brook in Chapter 39, what does he learn about Meg?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)