|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When school starts, what will have to end?
(b) Summer fun.
(c) Meetings at the Rock.
(d) The Game.
2. What does Ruth do to Meg's drink?
(a) Drinks it.
(b) Takes it away.
(c) Drains it.
(d) Knocks it to the ground.
3. How is Meg caught escaping?
(a) Meg goes back for Susan.
(b) The police catch Meg.
(c) David tells Ruth about Meg's plans.
(d) Donny tells Ruth about Meg's plans.
4. What do the Chandlers often do near Meg while ignoring her?
(a) Play cards.
(b) Play chess.
(c) Watch television.
(d) Play checkers.
5. In Chapter 42, who tells readers there are some things a person will die without saying?
6. What grows out of control for David?
(a) His violence toward Meg.
(b) His fantasies about Meg.
(c) His hatred towards Ruth.
(d) His disgust for Meg.
7. What do the members of the Chandler family use Meg as in Chapter 25?
(a) A boomerang.
(b) A football.
(c) A tackling dummy.
(d) A dish rag.
8. What appears on Ruth's body?
(b) Bite marks.
(d) Burn marks.
9. Who suggests that Meg be stripped while in the basement?
10. Who has to empty Meg's bed pan every day?
11. Who unties Meg in Chapter 30?
12. Who tells Ruth about The Game?
13. Who is unconscious in Chapter 43?
14. Who is knocked from their chair in Chapter 39 when they begin to cry?
15. What does David hear when he enters the Chandler home in Chapter 25?
(a) A fire.
(b) A commotion.
(c) An explosion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is hit with a belt by Ruth?
2. Who is often ill?
3. Who is afraid to go to the police because of their involvement in Meg's abuse?
4. Who does Donny convince Ruth to let in the house?
5. What catches on fire in the basement?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)