|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is unable to look David in the eye in Chapter 39?
2. What is Meg denied by Ruth while David is away?
(b) To leave.
(d) To go to sleep.
3. While Meg is being hurt by Willie and Eddie, where is Ruth?
(a) Out of town.
(b) In the basement.
(d) In bed with a headache.
4. Who is tormented by thoughts of Meg in the basement in Chapter 29?
5. Who tells Ruth about The Game?
6. Who often treats Meg lovingly instead of violently?
7. What does Susan do while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
(a) A puzzle.
(b) Watching television.
(c) Listens to the radio.
(d) Reads a book.
8. What appears on Ruth's body?
(b) Burn marks.
(d) Bite marks.
9. Who is often ill?
10. In Chapter 42, who tells readers there are some things a person will die without saying?
11. What word(s) best describes the Chandler house?
12. What does David compare watching Meg in the basement to?
(a) Watching an animal at the zoo.
(b) Watching a concert.
(c) Watching a live show.
(d) Watching a car accident.
13. Who hits Meg with their shoe in Chapter 34?
14. Who will be forced to clean up the drink that Ruth spills?
15. What do the members of the Chandler family use Meg as in Chapter 25?
(a) A football.
(b) A boomerang.
(c) A dish rag.
(d) A tackling dummy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who feels a surge of power when they realize they can help hurt Meg?
2. Who acknowledges that Meg is prettier than a model?
3. Who rapes Meg?
4. Who suggests that Meg be stripped while in the basement?
5. After Meg is branded, what does Donny note about her?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)