|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Meg denied by Ruth while David is away?
(b) To go to sleep.
(d) To leave.
2. What does David use in order to form a trip wire?
(b) A necklace.
(d) A string.
3. Who is tormented by thoughts of Meg in the basement in Chapter 29?
4. When David goes to the brook in Chapter 39, what does he learn about Meg?
(a) She's not really in trouble.
(b) She escaped without being caught.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She's been caught trying to escape.
5. Who is unable to look David in the eye in Chapter 39?
6. What does Ruth do to Meg's drink?
(a) Drains it.
(b) Drinks it.
(c) Knocks it to the ground.
(d) Takes it away.
7. Who does Donny convince Ruth to let in the house?
8. Who is unconscious in Chapter 43?
9. Who unties Meg in Chapter 30?
10. What is Meg told she must do before she is allowed free of her capture?
(a) Bite Ruth.
(b) Yell at David.
(c) Bite herself.
(d) Tell a secret.
11. Who is knocked from their chair in Chapter 39 when they begin to cry?
12. What does David believe to be the softest thing on the planet?
(a) Meg's lips.
(b) Meg's hair.
(c) Meg's skin.
(d) Meg's voice.
13. In Chapter 42, who tells readers there are some things a person will die without saying?
14. How does David describe Ruth's eyes in Chapter 32?
15. What appears on Ruth's body?
(a) Bite marks.
(d) Burn marks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grows out of control for David?
2. Who asks "the others" if they plan to kill Meg?
3. When Ruth is preoccupied, what is the kids treatment toward Meg?
4. Who rapes Meg?
5. What does David use as fuel fire?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)