|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hits Meg on the head with a book?
2. Who refuses to let David spend the night at the Chandler's?
(a) David's father.
(c) David's mother.
3. Where does David leave money for Meg?
(a) Meg's room.
(b) The mailbox.
(c) The basement.
(d) The brook.
4. What do the members of the Chandler family use Meg as in Chapter 25?
(a) A football.
(b) A dish rag.
(c) A boomerang.
(d) A tackling dummy.
5. Who places insects on Meg's body?
6. What word(s) best describes the Chandler house?
7. What does Ruth do to Meg's drink?
(a) Takes it away.
(b) Drains it.
(c) Drinks it.
(d) Knocks it to the ground.
8. Who feels shame because they wanted something bad to happen to Meg?
9. Who is unconscious in Chapter 43?
10. After Meg is branded, what does Donny note about her?
(a) She isn't as attractive.
(b) She is not attractive at all.
(c) She is more attractive.
(d) She will never get married.
11. Who acknowledges that Meg is prettier than a model?
12. Who reminds Meg that she can run away?
13. Who suggests that Meg be stripped while in the basement?
14. Who has to empty Meg's bed pan every day?
15. What is Meg tied to in Chapter 28?
(a) The bookcase.
(b) The rafters.
(c) The door.
(d) A chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth throw at Meg?
2. Who is afraid to go to the police because of their involvement in Meg's abuse?
3. What is Meg denied by Ruth while David is away?
4. Who does David believe to be separate from him and "the others"?
5. What does David give Meg to use as a weapon?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)