|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is knocked from their chair in Chapter 39 when they begin to cry?
2. Where is David when he learns both fear and hate in the same moment?
(a) Meg's room.
(b) The Chandler's basement.
(c) Ruth's room.
(d) The Chandler's kitchen.
3. Who suggests that Meg be stripped while in the basement?
4. Who is said to likely have a disease after sexual interaction with Meg?
5. Who is often ill?
6. Who is afraid to go to the police because of their involvement in Meg's abuse?
7. What is Meg given to drink and eat in Chapter 29?
(a) Cookies and milk.
(b) A sandwich and coke.
(c) Tea and biscuits.
(d) Tea and toast.
8. What does Willie hit Meg with in Chapter 34?
(a) A stick.
(b) His belt.
(c) A book.
(d) A shoe.
9. What does David try to give Meg in order for her to escape?
(a) A telephone book.
10. What word(s) best describes the Chandler house?
11. What does David believe to be the softest thing on the planet?
(a) Meg's lips.
(b) Meg's hair.
(c) Meg's voice.
(d) Meg's skin.
12. What is Meg tied to in Chapter 28?
(a) The bookcase.
(b) A chair.
(c) The rafters.
(d) The door.
13. Who does Donny try to talk to first about the abuse against Meg?
(a) His mother.
(b) The police.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
14. When Ruth is preoccupied, what is the kids treatment toward Meg?
(a) The treatment remains the same.
(b) Less violent.
(c) The violence goes away.
(d) More violent.
15. Who asks "the others" if they plan to kill Meg?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Meg caught escaping?
2. What does David learn that Ruth is preoccupied with?
3. What is Meg told she must do before she is allowed free of her capture?
4. What do the members of the Chandler family use Meg as in Chapter 25?
5. What appears on Ruth's body?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)