|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grows out of control for David?
(a) His fantasies about Meg.
(b) His violence toward Meg.
(c) His disgust for Meg.
(d) His hatred towards Ruth.
2. What does David hear when he enters the Chandler home in Chapter 25?
(a) An explosion.
(b) A commotion.
(d) A fire.
3. Who suggests that Meg be stripped while in the basement?
4. How does David describe Ruth's eyes in Chapter 32?
5. What is Meg standing on while tied up and blindfolded?
(a) A basket.
(b) A pile of books.
(c) A box.
(d) A bucket.
6. Who asks "the others" if they plan to kill Meg?
7. What does David mention about the Chandler's door?
(a) The door is made of glass.
(b) The door is always locked.
(c) The door is broken.
(d) The door has no latch.
8. Who says that stripping Meg is not a good idea?
9. Who is knocked from their chair in Chapter 39 when they begin to cry?
10. Who rapes Meg?
11. What does Susan do while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
(a) Reads a book.
(b) Listens to the radio.
(c) A puzzle.
(d) Watching television.
12. What does David believe to be the softest thing on the planet?
(a) Meg's voice.
(b) Meg's skin.
(c) Meg's hair.
(d) Meg's lips.
13. Who visits Susan while Meg is being tortured?
(c) The police.
14. When David goes to the brook in Chapter 39, what does he learn about Meg?
(a) She's been caught trying to escape.
(b) She's not really in trouble.
(c) She escaped without being caught.
(d) She hates him.
15. Who places insects on Meg's body?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who force feeds Meg crackers in Chapter 35?
2. What does David try to give Meg in order for her to escape?
3. What does David compare watching Meg in the basement to?
4. What appears on Ruth's body?
5. After Meg is branded, what does Donny note about her?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)