|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David describe Ruth's eyes in Chapter 32?
2. What appears on Ruth's body?
(a) Burn marks.
(b) Bite marks.
3. Who is knocked from their chair in Chapter 39 when they begin to cry?
4. How is Meg caught escaping?
(a) The police catch Meg.
(b) Donny tells Ruth about Meg's plans.
(c) Meg goes back for Susan.
(d) David tells Ruth about Meg's plans.
5. What is Meg tied to in Chapter 28?
(a) The bookcase.
(b) A chair.
(c) The door.
(d) The rafters.
6. Who is locked in the shelter?
7. Where does David leave money for Meg?
(a) The brook.
(b) Meg's room.
(c) The basement.
(d) The mailbox.
8. Who force feeds Meg crackers in Chapter 35?
(b) Denise and Cheryl.
(c) Denise and Eddie.
9. Who says that stripping Meg is not a good idea?
10. What does Willie hit Meg with in Chapter 34?
(a) A shoe.
(b) His belt.
(c) A book.
(d) A stick.
11. What does Susan do while Meg is being tortured in Chapter 34?
(a) A puzzle.
(b) Watching television.
(c) Listens to the radio.
(d) Reads a book.
12. What is Meg told she must do before she is allowed free of her capture?
(a) Tell a secret.
(b) Yell at David.
(c) Bite Ruth.
(d) Bite herself.
13. Who acknowledges that Meg is prettier than a model?
14. What does David hear when he enters the Chandler home in Chapter 25?
(a) An explosion.
(b) A fire.
(c) A commotion.
15. Where is David when he learns both fear and hate in the same moment?
(a) The Chandler's basement.
(b) The Chandler's kitchen.
(c) Ruth's room.
(d) Meg's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hits Meg on the head with a book?
2. Who promises to help Meg escape?
3. What does David use in order to form a trip wire?
4. What do the members of the Chandler family use Meg as in Chapter 25?
5. In Chapter 42, who tells readers there are some things a person will die without saying?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)