|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Meg told she must do before she is allowed free of her capture?
(a) Bite Ruth.
(b) Bite herself.
(c) Yell at David.
(d) Tell a secret.
2. Who says that stripping Meg is not a good idea?
3. Who is tormented by thoughts of Meg in the basement in Chapter 29?
4. While Meg is being hurt by Willie and Eddie, where is Ruth?
(b) Out of town.
(c) In bed with a headache.
(d) In the basement.
5. What is Meg given to drink and eat in Chapter 29?
(a) Tea and biscuits.
(b) Tea and toast.
(c) Cookies and milk.
(d) A sandwich and coke.
6. Who does Donny try to talk to first about the abuse against Meg?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) The police.
(d) His mother.
7. Who hits Meg with their shoe in Chapter 34?
8. Who promises to help Meg escape?
9. Who will be forced to clean up the drink that Ruth spills?
10. What word(s) best describes the Chandler house?
11. Who is often ill?
12. What do the boys play while Meg is left in the basement alone?
(c) The Game.
13. Who is the second person David decides he should talk to about the abuse toward Meg?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) The police.
14. Who rapes Meg?
15. What is Meg standing on while tied up and blindfolded?
(a) A pile of books.
(b) A bucket.
(c) A basket.
(d) A box.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who unties Meg in Chapter 30?
2. What does David use as fuel fire?
3. What does David learn that Ruth is preoccupied with?
4. After Meg is branded, what does Donny note about her?
5. When David goes to the brook in Chapter 39, what does he learn about Meg?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)