|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Meg decide to speak with about the abuse at the Chandler's?
(a) Officer Jennings.
(b) Officer Williams.
(c) Officer Jenks.
(d) Officer Jones.
2. What show does Ruth discuss seeing as a young girl?
(a) The freak show.
(b) A magic show.
(c) A comedy act.
(d) A pig race.
3. What does David say everything was in the 50's?
4. Who's parents does David learn died in a car accident?
(a) His own.
5. What does David ask readers if they know about in Chapter 1?
6. What is Ralphie's nickname?
7. Who is told to stay behind when the other children are allowed to go to the carnival?
8. Who often speaks late into the evening about their dreams and hopes?
(a) Ruth and David.
(b) David and Donny.
(c) Eddie and Denise.
(d) Meg and Susan.
9. Who is said to be gangly and well behaved?
10. Who is left by their husband to take care of three small children?
11. Who does David consider to be frail and weak?
12. Who does Ruth confront about Meg's behavior?
13. What year does David look back on in the story?
14. What ride does Meg ride with David?
(a) The Zipper.
(b) The Merry-Go-Round.
(c) A roller coaster.
(d) The Ferris Wheel.
15. What does Meg appear to be nervous about?
(a) Going to the Rock.
(b) Catching crayfish.
(c) Meeting Donny.
(d) Staying with the Chandlers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is said to be reckless and daring?
2. What object is used in The Game?
3. What event does David attend in Chapter 4?
4. How old is David when he writes the story?
5. Who pinches Meg's breast in Chapter 17?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)