|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another name for The Game?
(b) No Survivors.
(c) Run and Catch.
2. What does Ruth recruit the children to get rid of?
(a) Termites in the attic.
(b) Trees with birds.
(c) Trees with tent worms.
(d) Trees with squirrels.
3. What kind of painting is given to David?
(a) A black and white.
(b) A landscape.
(c) A portrait.
(d) A watercolor.
4. Who tries to pry Meg's mouth open?
5. What does David ask readers if they know about in Chapter 1?
6. What type of street does the story take place on?
(a) A two-block street.
(b) A street with only apartment homes.
(c) A busy street.
(d) A dead end street.
7. Who is told not to say anything about a domestic dispute at the Chandler's?
8. What word(s) best describes the Chandler's house?
(b) Messy and unclean.
(c) Neat and tidy.
(d) Clean and unorganized.
9. Who's parents does David learn died in a car accident?
(d) His own.
10. Who says girls are easy?
11. Who does David consider to be frail and weak?
12. Who does David meet at the Rock for the first time in Chapter 2?
13. What is located in the Chandler's basement?
(a) The Home.
(b) The Dungeon.
(c) The Cage.
(d) The Shelter.
14. Who is told to stay behind when the other children are allowed to go to the carnival?
15. Who believes Ruth means well in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the place to be for children in the neighborhood?
2. Who is accused of eating when they are found in the kitchen?
3. What word(s) best describes the weather at the carnival?
4. Who says Meg got off easy by surviving a car accident?
5. Who realizes how easy it is to hurt people?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)