Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter One through Chapter Three
1. What does David mention to readers in Chapter 1?
2. What is David's life like after the summer of 1958?
3. What is the Rock and what does David do while there in Chapter 2?
4. Who does David meet at the Rock and what is David's response?
5. What does David notice about Meg's arm and what is Meg's reaction to living at the Chandler family home?
6. Who is Ruth and how is the Chandler home described?
This section contains 787 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)