Chapter One through Chapter Three
* The narrator, David, discusses pain.
* David is 41 with two failed marriages and no children at the time he writes the book.
* David admits he's never been right since the summer of 1958.
* David meets Meg at the Rock.
* David notices a large scar on Meg's arm.
* David becomes obsessed with Meg.
* The Chandler's house is introduced.
* Ruth Chandler is introduced as a permissive parent.
* David goes to the Chandler's house to visit his best friend, Donny.
* David notices the Chandler house is neat and tidy.
* Susan is introduced as Meg's sister who is disabled due to a car accident that kills her and Meg's parents.
Chapter Four through Chapter Seven
* The carnival is in town; David and the other kids in the neighborhood attend.
* Denise mentions The Game to David.
* David thinks back to The Game where Denise is stripped naked.
* David's mother and...
This section contains 1,341 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)