Chapter One through Chapter Three
• The narrator, David, discusses pain.
• David is 41 with two failed marriages and no children at the time he writes the book.
• David admits he's never been right since the summer of 1958.
• David meets Meg at the Rock.
• David notices a large scar on Meg's arm.
• David becomes obsessed with Meg.
• The Chandler's house is introduced.
• Ruth Chandler is introduced as a permissive parent.
• David goes to the Chandler's house to visit his best friend, Donny.
• David notices the Chandler house is neat and tidy.
• Susan is introduced as Meg's sister who is disabled due to a car accident that kills her and Meg's parents.
Chapter Four through Chapter Seven
• The carnival is in town; David and the other kids in the neighborhood attend.
• Denise mentions The Game to David.
• David thinks back to The Game where Denise is stripped naked.
• David's mother and...
This section contains 1,341 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)