|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does O'Keefe share with Dangerfield when he meets him in Dublin?
2. O'Keefe tells Dangerfield that he had lost his nerve to ___________________.
3. Why is Tony Malarkey living behind a bolted door in his apartment?
4. Who is the girl that Dangerfield talks to at the party in #90?
5. How long do Dangerfield and Mary stay in Dangerfield's room before emerging again?
Essay Topic 1
Poverty seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of poverty? Why does it have such a prevalent place in the characters' lives? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Dangerfield and O'Keefe. What drives both of the men? How are their personalities similar? On what points do they differ? Why are their differences classic examples of conflict in drama? What other similarities and dissimilarities are there between the two characters?
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Dangerfield. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Dangerfield?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)