|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does O'Keefe share with Dangerfield when he meets him in Dublin?
2. Dangerfield tells Miss Frost that he is going to call her ___________________.
3. How old must Dangerfield be before he receives his inheritance?
4. What does Mary comment on when she sees Dangerfield naked for his bath?
5. Dangerfield goes to a party at Tony Malarkey's place located in __________________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
J.P. Donleavy is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role of the family in THE GINGER MAN. What does it mean for each of the main characters? How does the family disintegrate? How typical is this family to most Irish families living during the mid-20th century?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)