|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Dangerfield staying in London?
2. Which friend does Dangerfield phone from his hotel?
3. What items belonging to the landladies does Dangerfield pawn?
4. Where does Dangerfield go as he waits for his boat to London?
5. Where do Dangerfield and Mary make love?
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of O'Keefe. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about O'Keefe?
Essay Topic 2
Poverty and wealth is an important theme in DA. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)