|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'Keefe ask Dangerfield to bring him when they meet?
2. Where does Dangerfield put the coins that are tossed at him at the pubs?
3. When is Marion coming back?
4. Who does Dangerfield visit before leaving Dublin?
5. Mary tells Dangerfield that her brothers have gone __________________.
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Dangerfield and O'Keefe. What drives both of the men? How are their personalities similar? On what points do they differ? Why are their differences classic examples of conflict in drama? What other similarities and dissimilarities are there between the two characters?
Essay Topic 2
J.P. Donleavy is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Dangerfield. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Dangerfield?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)