|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the message in a letter Dangerfield picks up at MacDoon's?
2. Where does Dangerfield rent a room?
3. How long has Tony's landlord been trying to evict him?
4. Who is the girl that Dangerfield talks to at the party in #90?
5. What news does O'Keefe share with Dangerfield when he meets him in Dublin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Dangerfield and Miss Frost at this point?
2. Who is Perry Clocklan and where does Dangerfield encounter him?
3. How does the relationship between Dangerfield and Lilly end?
4. Why is religion an important theme in the novel?
5. In what way is Mary different from Dangerfield?
6. How does Dangerfield's move from Dublin to London show the difference between poverty and wealth?
7. What objective has O'Keefe still not attained in his life?
8. In what way is O'Keefe similar to Dangerfield?
9. How does Dangerfield's upswing in Chapter 19 come at the expense of Mary and O'Keefe?
10. At whose expense does Dangerfield live a better life in London?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the book's title? Why wasn't it called DANGERFIELD? What are some other possible titles for the book. List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Mary. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Mary?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the ongoing conflict between Dangerfield and Marion. What are the main sources of the conflicts? Why does it perpetuate? What does Dangerfield learn about the reality of his life with Marion as opposed to the illusions he has held for so long?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)