|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dangerfield visit before leaving Dublin?
2. What is O'Keefe's one goal in life?
3. Where does Dangerfield offer to take Lilly with him?
4. What does Dangerfield expect at this point in his life?
5. Where does Dangerfield tell Miss Frost that he is going?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the content of the letter Dangerfield receives from Skully?
2. Why does Miss Frost regret going to bed with Dangerfield?
3. Who is the last person in his Dublin experience that Dangerfield visits before leaving for London?
4. Why does Mary's bath symbolize her new life?
5. In what way is O'Keefe similar to Dangerfield?
6. How does Dangerfield's upswing in Chapter 19 come at the expense of Mary and O'Keefe?
7. Who is Perry Clocklan and where does Dangerfield encounter him?
8. What happens when Marion refuses to give Dangerfield any money?
9. In what way is Mary different from Dangerfield?
10. What news is assumed to be true about Clocklan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Marion. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Marion?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the book's title? Why wasn't it called DANGERFIELD? What are some other possible titles for the book. List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 3
THE GINGER MAN is a classic story of betrayal. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)