|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is O'Keefe's one goal in life?
2. What item of clothing does Dangerfield borrow from Miss Frost?
3. Why does Miss Frost refuse to have sex with Dangerfield?
4. Which of the following is NOT part of the meal that Miss Frost prepares?
5. Why is Lilly angry with Dangerfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dangerfield's upswing in Chapter 19 come at the expense of Mary and O'Keefe?
2. Why does Miss Frost regret going to bed with Dangerfield?
3. How does Dangerfield's change in his personal hygiene reflect his move into a wealthier lifestyle?
4. Why has Mary's true personality emerged since meeting Dangerfield?
5. What objective has O'Keefe still not attained in his life?
6. What news is assumed to be true about Clocklan?
7. What is the content of the letter Dangerfield receives from Skully?
8. How does the relationship between Dangerfield and Lilly end?
9. Why is Miss Frost so conflicted by having sex with Dangerfield?
10. What happens when Marion refuses to give Dangerfield any money?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
The frustration of unfulfilled affection touches several characters in the story. Name at least two characters who experience unfulfilled love and the situations that occur as a result.
Essay Topic 3
THE GINGER MAN is a classic story of loss and renewal. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)