|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dangerfield receive in the mail in Chapter 17?
2. What name does Dangerfield tell Mary to use when she corresponds with him?
3. Why does Miss Frost refuse to have sex with Dangerfield?
4. Dangerfield goes to a party at Tony Malarkey's place located in __________________.
5. Where does Dangerfield go as he waits for his boat to London?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the dire straits in which Tony Malarkey is living.
2. Why does Dangerfield believe that his father's death is the end to all of Dangerfield's problems?
3. What news is assumed to be true about Clocklan?
4. Why is Dangerfield so devastated by the terms of his father's will?
5. Describe Dangerfield's indulgent behavior when he learns that Marion has left him.
6. Why does Mary's bath symbolize her new life?
7. In what way is Mary different from Dangerfield?
8. Why is Miss Frost so conflicted by having sex with Dangerfield?
9. How do Dangerfield and Lilly differ in their views about consequences?
10. Who is Perry Clocklan and where does Dangerfield encounter him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
THE GINGER MAN is a classic story of betrayal. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of O'Keefe. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about O'Keefe?
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for Dangerfield's life. Will Mary still be such a powerful presence in his life? How about O'Keefe and Clocklan? Explain.
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)