|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dangerfield call his favorite chair?
2. What item of clothing does Dangerfield borrow from Miss Frost?
3. What does Dangerfield wear when he, MacDoon and Parnell go out drinking?
4. Why does Miss Frost refuse to have sex with Dangerfield?
5. What does Dangerfield notice about the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of women in Ireland in the mid-20th century. What precedents were they forced to follow? What role does poverty play in their lives? How does religion rule over their choices?
Essay Topic 2
THE GINGER MAN is a classic story of betrayal. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The frustration of unfulfilled affection touches several characters in the story. Name at least two characters who experience unfulfilled love and the situations that occur as a result.
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)