Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'Keefe ask Dangerfield to bring him when they meet?
2. Where does Dangerfield put the coins that are tossed at him at the pubs?
3. When is Marion coming back?
4. Who does Dangerfield visit before leaving Dublin?
5. Mary tells Dangerfield that her brothers have gone __________________.
Essay Topic 1
Poverty and wealth is an important theme in DA. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Mary. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Mary?
Essay Topic 3
Poverty seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of poverty? Why does it have such a prevalent place in the characters' lives? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)