|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary comment on when she sees Dangerfield naked for his bath?
2. Which of the following does Dangerfield NOT tell Lilly?
3. What type of sex does Miss Frost finally agree to have with Dangerfield?
4. What does Dangerfield expect at this point in his life?
5. What other piece of news does O'Keefe tell Dangerfield when he meets him in Dublin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the role of women in Ireland as evidenced by the lives of Lilly and Mary?
2. What is Dangerfield's new plan to move to London and does he ask Miss Frost to go with him?
3. Describe Dangerfield's indulgent behavior when he learns that Marion has left him.
4. At whose expense does Dangerfield live a better life in London?
5. How do Dangerfield and Lilly differ in their views about consequences?
6. Why does Dangerfield relent and go to the party Clocklan invited him to attend?
7. Who is Perry Clocklan and where does Dangerfield encounter him?
8. How does Dangerfield's upswing in Chapter 19 come at the expense of Mary and O'Keefe?
9. Why does Mary's bath symbolize her new life?
10. Why is Miss Frost so conflicted by having sex with Dangerfield?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
THE GINGER MAN is a classic story of betrayal. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Poverty and wealth is an important theme in DA. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)