|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dish does Marion make for dinner that Dangerfield loves?
2. What does Dangerfield bring back to Marion as a peace offering?
3. What is Dangerfield's financial situation?
4. What nationality is the woman in #41?
5. What is the profession of the woman in #79?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dangerfield turn to Chris when he has wrecked the bar in a drunken state?
2. Who is Kenneth O'Keefe and where does Dangerfield invite him to go in Chapter 1?
3. Why are O'Keefe's challenges in having sex partly of his own making?
4. Who is Lily Frost?
5. Where has Marion moved and why does Dangerfield seem to like it?
6. What does Chris discern about her relationship with Dangerfield?
7. What are the two most important things in the lives of Dangerfield and O'Keefe?
8. How do Dangerfield and Marion feel about living in the new house?
9. Why do Dangerfield and Marion fight when she returns home from her trip?
10. Why does Dangerfield leave Chris when she confronts him about the bar brawl she reads about in the newspaper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The frustration of unfulfilled affection touches several characters in the story. Name at least two characters who experience unfulfilled love and the situations that occur as a result.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the book's title? Why wasn't it called DANGERFIELD? What are some other possible titles for the book. List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 3
THE GINGER MAN is a classic story of betrayal. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)