|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marion receive in the mail that emboldens her?
2. What item does O'Keefe give Dangerfield?
3. What body part does Dangerfield hurt when they return to Chris' room?
4. What does Dangerfield give to the young boy he runs into?
5. What is Dangerfield's financial situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dangerfield view his wife and child and his life in general?
2. What are the two most important things in the lives of Dangerfield and O'Keefe?
3. Why does Dangerfield turn to Chris when he has wrecked the bar in a drunken state?
4. Why does Dangerfield leave Chris when she confronts him about the bar brawl she reads about in the newspaper?
5. Why are O'Keefe's challenges in having sex partly of his own making?
6. What does Chris learn about Dangerfield and Marion's sex life and what does Dangerfield reveal about wanting to have sex with Chris?
7. Where has Marion moved and why does Dangerfield seem to like it?
8. Who is Lily Frost?
9. How do Dangerfield and Marion feel about living in the new house?
10. How does Dangerfield try to appease Marion when she realizes Dangerfield might be having an affair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Dangerfield. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Dangerfield?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Dangerfield and O'Keefe. What drives both of the men? How are their personalities similar? On what points do they differ? Why are their differences classic examples of conflict in drama? What other similarities and dissimilarities are there between the two characters?
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)