|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dangerfield bring back to Marion as a peace offering?
2. Why does Dangerfield not get a part-time job?
3. What does Dangerfield discover when he returns home?
4. Where is Dangerfield's house located?
5. Where does Alma work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dangerfield's destructive behavior when he learns that Marion has received money from his father?
2. Why does Dangerfield turn to Chris when he has wrecked the bar in a drunken state?
3. How does Dangerfield try to appease Marion when she realizes Dangerfield might be having an affair?
4. How do Marion and Dangerfield differ in their approach to their life together?
5. How does Dangerfield view his wife and child and his life in general?
6. How are Marion and O'Keefe alike in their relationships with Dangerfield?
7. What does O'Keefe realize about Dangerfield when he loans Dangerfield money?
8. Who was Blessed Oliver Plunkett?
9. Who is Lily Frost?
10. Has Dangerfield's life improved from moving from the rickety house to the house in the city?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the book's title? Why wasn't it called DANGERFIELD? What are some other possible titles for the book. List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 2
THE GINGER MAN is a classic story of betrayal. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
THE GINGER MAN is a classic story of loss and renewal. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)