|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Dangerfield and Chris do after making love?
2. Where had Dangerfield spent the previous night?
3. Who is Egbert Skully?
4. What news does Dangerfield get from O'Keefe?
5. What dish does Marion make for dinner that Dangerfield loves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Marion and Dangerfield differ in their approach to their life together?
2. Where has Marion moved and why does Dangerfield seem to like it?
3. Why are O'Keefe's challenges in having sex partly of his own making?
4. Who is Kenneth O'Keefe and where does Dangerfield invite him to go in Chapter 1?
5. What does O'Keefe realize about Dangerfield when he loans Dangerfield money?
6. What are the two most important things in the lives of Dangerfield and O'Keefe?
7. Has Dangerfield's life improved from moving from the rickety house to the house in the city?
8. How do Dangerfield and Marion feel about living in the new house?
9. What is the premise of THE GINGER MAN?
10. What does Chris learn about Dangerfield and Marion's sex life and what does Dangerfield reveal about wanting to have sex with Chris?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
THE GINGER MAN is a classic story of betrayal. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of O'Keefe. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about O'Keefe?
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Mary. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Mary?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)