|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Dangerfield write a letter complaining about his financial woes?
2. What college do Dangerfield and O'Keefe both attend?
3. What does Chris bring with her when she returns home from work?
4. O'Keefe asks Dangerfield about the money Dangerfield owes him because O'Keefe is saving up for _______________.
5. What does Dangerfield do when he is remorseful for treating Marion so badly?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the impoverished Dangerfield secure food for O'Keefe and himself?
2. Describe Dangerfield's indulgent behavior when he learns that Marion has left him.
3. Who is the last person in his Dublin experience that Dangerfield visits before leaving for London?
4. How do Marion and Dangerfield differ in their approach to their life together?
5. What choices does Dangerfield make now that he has prospects of wealth in his future?
6. Why does Dangerfield leave Chris when she confronts him about the bar brawl she reads about in the newspaper?
7. Why has Mary's true personality emerged since meeting Dangerfield?
8. Why is religion an important theme in the novel?
9. What happens when Marion refuses to give Dangerfield any money?
10. What does the re-emergence of Clocklan signify for Dangerfield's life?
Essay Topic 1
THE GINGER MAN is a classic story of betrayal. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The frustration of unfulfilled affection touches several characters in the story. Name at least two characters who experience unfulfilled love and the situations that occur as a result.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
This section contains 1,652 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)