|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Dangerfield need to complete his meal?
2. What body part does Dangerfield hurt when they return to Chris' room?
3. What problem can O'Keefe not seem to overcome?
4. What is the profession of the woman in #79?
5. Where does Dangerfield take Felicity?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dangerfield try to appease Marion when she realizes Dangerfield might be having an affair?
2. Explain how Chapter 10 is a long, crass joke indicative of Dangerfield's unwillingness to examine himself when problems arise.
3. Why do Dangerfield and Marion fight when she returns home from her trip?
4. Why are O'Keefe's challenges in having sex partly of his own making?
5. Where has Marion moved and why does Dangerfield seem to like it?
6. What is Dangerfield's destructive behavior when he learns that Marion has received money from his father?
7. Why does Dangerfield turn to Chris when he has wrecked the bar in a drunken state?
8. How do Marion and Dangerfield differ in their approach to their life together?
9. Has Dangerfield's life improved from moving from the rickety house to the house in the city?
10. What is the premise of THE GINGER MAN?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Marion. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Marion?
Essay Topic 2
Poverty and wealth is an important theme in DA. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for Dangerfield's life. Will Mary still be such a powerful presence in his life? How about O'Keefe and Clocklan? Explain.
This section contains 1,162 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)