|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dangerfield not get a part-time job?
2. Which of the following does Dangerfield NOT charge at a store?
3. Where does Dangerfield go before boarding the train?
4. Who comes to the new house looking for Dangerfield?
5. What is the profession of the woman in #79?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Perry Clocklan and where does Dangerfield encounter him?
2. Why is religion an important theme in the novel?
3. How does the relationship between Dangerfield and Lilly end?
4. Who is the last person in his Dublin experience that Dangerfield visits before leaving for London?
5. What is the relationship between Dangerfield and Miss Frost at this point?
6. Why does Dangerfield turn to Chris when he has wrecked the bar in a drunken state?
7. How do Dangerfield and Marion feel about living in the new house?
8. How do Dangerfield's behavioral traits undermine him in terms of money vs. pleasure?
9. What is the result of Dangerfield's embarrassment about the train incident?
10. Why do Dangerfield and Marion fight when she returns home from her trip?
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Dangerfield. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Dangerfield?
Essay Topic 2
Poverty seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of poverty? Why does it have such a prevalent place in the characters' lives? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
Essay Topic 3
THE GINGER MAN is a classic story of loss and renewal. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 1,571 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)