Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "Out of God's _____" Hafiz uses imagery from nature to describe himself as a carrier of God's blessings.
2. Chapter 21 opens with an invitation from God to dance in the poem "The God Who Only Knows ______ Words".
3. In the final poem of Chapter 8, Hafiz reiterates that the _____ moment is meant for worship in "Now is the Time".
4. According to Hafiz, "The Intelligent Man" is the one who does not trust ___________ in his life.
5. The relationship between teacher and ______ is so intimate that it feels like a marriage is the subject of the poem "I Want Both of Us".
Hafiz talks about God as though this were a person he knew in his daily life, like any other person.
Part 1: How do you feel about an author speaking of God in this way?
Part 2: Do you think that being this intimate with God is a good idea?
Part 3: Why do you think Hafiz feels he can talk about God in such a familiar way?
Hafiz reminds people to remember that everything they do, say, and think is sacred.
Part 1: Do you think that everything you do, say, and think is sacred?
Part 2: Why do you think that Hafiz believes everything is sacred in the world?
Part 3: Could you make the case that some things in the world are not sacred?
Hafiz compares the relationship of believing friends to that of married people, showing that belief creates connectedness.
Part 1: How do you think feeling connected to God might help a person's life?
Part 2: Do you think that being married implies that people are connected?
Part 3: Why do you think that connectedness is important in life, however you might define it?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)