|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When God's lute begs for a _________ hands, that when this person is able to be useful to God, according to Hafiz.
2. The poem "It Will Stretch Out Its Leg" compares poetry to a man ______ someone to make them stop and listen.
3. Hafiz suggests that he has become so close to God and cleansed of the pain and longing in the poem "The Lamp That Needs no _____".
4. The first poem in Chapter 14 is called "A ____ For Your Head" in which Hafiz offers comfort to those exhausted by their trying to exist separate from God.
5. "Bring the Man to Me" describes a master who knows that his ____ is praying for freedom and summons him.
Essay Topic 1
Fellowship, according to Hafiz, is seen in those who have shed guilt and who see themselves as children of God.
Part 1: How do you think a person can fully shed the guilt in their lives?
Part 2: Do you agree that people should see themselves as the children of God?
Part 3: Why do you think that people should seek out fellowship?
Essay Topic 2
Speaking the language of happiness is something that Hafiz encourages people to do.
Part 1: How can one speak the language of happiness in everyday life?
Part 2: Do you think that you speak the language of happiness? Why or why not?
Part 3: What is the consequence of speaking the language of happiness?
Essay Topic 3
Hafiz encourages the reader to enjoy life while they can as life is short for those on earth right now.
Part 1: Why do you think it's so important to enjoy life?
Part 2: Do you feel that you make the most of your life? What else could you be doing?
Part 3: How do you think people waste their lives right now?
This section contains 1,503 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)