Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "Out of God's _____" Hafiz uses imagery from nature to describe himself as a carrier of God's blessings.
2. Chapter 21 opens with an invitation from God to dance in the poem "The God Who Only Knows ______ Words".
3. In the final poem of Chapter 8, Hafiz reiterates that the _____ moment is meant for worship in "Now is the Time".
4. According to Hafiz, "The Intelligent Man" is the one who does not trust ___________ in his life.
5. The relationship between teacher and ______ is so intimate that it feels like a marriage is the subject of the poem "I Want Both of Us".
Essay Topic 1
Hafiz compares the relationship of believing friends to that of married people, showing that belief creates connectedness.
Part 1: How do you think feeling connected to God might help a person's life?
Part 2: Do you think that being married implies that people are connected?
Part 3: Why do you think that connectedness is important in life, however you might define it?
Essay Topic 2
Hafiz points out that man can become preoccupied by ideas that are not important.
Part 1: Do you feel you can become distracted by things which are not important?
Part 2: Why do you think the men are so easily distracted by these unimportant thoughts?
Part 3: Do you think it's possible to completely avoid unimportant thoughts?
Essay Topic 3
Hafiz grants humanity the ability to blame as well as credit God for everything that happens to them.
Part 1: Why do you think Hafiz assigns the blame to God alone?
Part 2: Do you think it's fair for God to receive the blame for things which go wrong in life?
Part 3: How do you think a person is to blame for the miseries in their life?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)