|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hafiz uses the metaphor of a prostitute for God promising good directions in the poem "Turn Left ______ Feet From Here".
2. Hafiz describes the pain of seeing a decrease in love or understanding in the world in the poem "The ____ is Right".
3. When a person does not understand the proximity of God in his life, Hafiz says he might have to ___________ them.
4. In the poem "_____Hear Watchdogs" Hafiz describes the idea that true believers don't feel they have to trick God into blessing them.
(b) B urglars.
5. "The Heart's ___________" occurs when it makes itself God's pawn, according to Hafiz in his writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Tender Mouth" speaks of offering one's ___________ to Earth after death, as Hafiz describes it.
2. In Chapter 22 the first poem called "Stay With Us" the fellowship is defined by those who have shed _____.
3. In the final poem of Chapter 8, Hafiz reiterates that the _____ moment is meant for worship in "Now is the Time".
4. Hafiz uses the image of God as the ocean and anger is the thing that sinks men's boats in the poem called "The Great _____".
5. In the poem "Out of God's _____" Hafiz uses imagery from nature to describe himself as a carrier of God's blessings.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)