|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hafiz returns to the idea that the __________ is temporary and that it is important to be connected to things that bring eternity and divinity to mind.
(d) Physical world.
2. Hafiz suggests that he has become so close to God and cleansed of the pain and longing in the poem "The Lamp That Needs no _____".
3. Hafiz admits to there being a lot of challenge in the business of __________, according to one of his poems.
4. A poem is an ornery __________ which begs to be heard, according to the writing of Hafiz.
5. Hafiz suggests that sometimes God wearies of softly spoken love and he wants to shake his children by the shoulders in the poem called "Tired of Speaking _____".
Short Answer Questions
1. Hafiz describes the pain of seeing a decrease in love or understanding in the world in the poem "The ____ is Right".
2. "The Tender Mouth" speaks of offering one's ___________ to Earth after death, as Hafiz describes it.
3. _________ is the fruit of creation and then its prized possession and source of joy, according to Hafiz.
4. In "The ________ Girl," Hafiz realizes he needs to leave his own sense of self behind when he is approaching God.
5. The final poem of chapter ten is called "Too ______ " and describes the bliss of unity that Hafiz experiences.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)