|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hafiz, "The Intelligent Man" is the one who does not trust ___________ in his life.
2. "Bring the Man to Me" describes a master who knows that his ____ is praying for freedom and summons him.
3. Hafiz is a __________ ready to be eaten in the poem, "Throw Me on a Scale" in this collection of poetry.
4. The first poem of Chapter 13 "______" suggests that everything in creation is part of God's body and so deserves to be revered.
5. "An Invisible Pile of __________" is how Hafiz knows that God is real, according to the poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hafiz describes a change in a person that occurs when they are ready to surrender to God in the poem "My _____ So Soft".
2. In the final poem of Chapter 8, Hafiz reiterates that the _____ moment is meant for worship in "Now is the Time".
3. "_______" is a poem which describes the source of real poetry, according to Hafiz's perspective on life and writing.
4. Hafiz believes that he is merely "A Hole in a __________" that God plays when he is writing and living his life.
5. In the poem "_____Hear Watchdogs" Hafiz describes the idea that true believers don't feel they have to trick God into blessing them.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hafiz encourage the reader to do once they bail out from churches, according to this translation of Hafiz?
2. How is a poem described in "Sometimes I Say to a Poem" according to this translation of Hafiz?
3. What is the metaphor that Hafiz uses in "Turn Left a Thousand Feet from Here"?
4. What are supposed to be left at the door in "The Hatcheck Girl," according to this translation of Hafiz?
5. What is the warning to the reader in "A Hard Decree" according to this translation of Hafiz?
6. What is God symbolized as in "Lousy at Math," according to this translation of Hafiz?
7. Why is Hafiz grateful that his teacher's house only had one floor, according to this translation of Hafiz?
8. What happens to Hafiz in the poem, "Cupping My Hands Like a Mountain Valley"?
9. What is the surrender to which Hafiz refers in "The Clay Bowl's Destiny"?
10. What is creation described as in "Elephant Wandering" according to this translation of Hafiz?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)