|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the poem "Out of God's _____" Hafiz uses imagery from nature to describe himself as a carrier of God's blessings.
2. Chapter 21 opens with an invitation from God to dance in the poem "The God Who Only Knows ______ Words".
3. In the final poem of Chapter 8, Hafiz reiterates that the _____ moment is meant for worship in "Now is the Time".
4. According to Hafiz, "The Intelligent Man" is the one who does not trust ___________ in his life.
5. The relationship between teacher and ______ is so intimate that it feels like a marriage is the subject of the poem "I Want Both of Us".
Short Answer Questions
1. The poem "Covers Her Face with Both Hands" describes how the ______ responds to people who refuse to act with kindness.
2. "The Tender Mouth" speaks of offering one's ___________ to Earth after death, as Hafiz describes it.
3. Hafiz describes people who don't know their own glory as "The Sun in ________" in one of his poems.
4. The first poem of Chapter 13 "______" suggests that everything in creation is part of God's body and so deserves to be revered.
5. In the poem "_____Hear Watchdogs" Hafiz describes the idea that true believers don't feel they have to trick God into blessing them.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)