|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hafiz uses the image of God as the ocean and anger is the thing that sinks men's boats in the poem called "The Great _____".
2. When Hafiz is so cleansed and finished by love, he becomes ___________ personified, ready to be consumed.
3. In the poem "_____Hear Watchdogs" Hafiz describes the idea that true believers don't feel they have to trick God into blessing them.
(b) B urglars.
4. Hafiz encourages people to bail from churches and cling to the lifeboats of poetry in the poem "The Great _____".
5. The poem "This _____" describes unity with God as a place from which one must invite others to join in.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "Out of God's _____" Hafiz uses imagery from nature to describe himself as a carrier of God's blessings.
2. In Chapter 22 the first poem called "Stay With Us" the fellowship is defined by those who have shed _____.
3. Who is getting ready for a cosmic celebration in "Then Winks" by Hafiz?
4. The first poem of Chapter 13 "______" suggests that everything in creation is part of God's body and so deserves to be revered.
5. The poem "____ You to My Body" describes Hafiz's desire to keep his students close and teach them all the time.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)