|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hafiz suggests that sometimes God wearies of softly spoken love and he wants to shake his children by the shoulders in the poem called "Tired of Speaking _____".
2. Hafiz uses the metaphor of a prostitute for God promising good directions in the poem "Turn Left ______ Feet From Here".
3. Hafiz believes that he is merely "A Hole in a __________" that God plays when he is writing and living his life.
4. The poem "Covers Her Face with Both Hands" describes how the ______ responds to people who refuse to act with kindness.
5. Hafiz asserts that he is an earth that will perish without the ______ of God's presence in the poem "That Does Perish".
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "Why not be polite" Hafiz invites everyone to listen to those around them as if ____ were speaking through them.
2. "Between Our Poles" is a poem which compares humanity's ability to display the characteristics of God to the _____________.
3. Hafiz uses the imagery of drinking God's greatness and the discontentment that come from comparison breaking the wine glass in the poem "Why Aren't We All Screaming _____".
4. In Chapter 22 the first poem called "Stay With Us" the fellowship is defined by those who have shed _____.
5. Hafiz comments on the commonality of a life of worship between humans and animals in the poem "The _____ and I Will Chat".
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)