|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The ________ Warehouse" is a place full of distractions from the divine, according to Hafiz.
2. Hafiz describes the ecstatic experience of his teacher's revelations of truth using the image of falling out of the windows in the poem "A _____ -Story House".
3. The first poem of Chapter 13 "______" suggests that everything in creation is part of God's body and so deserves to be revered.
4. Hafiz uses the metaphor of a prostitute for God promising good directions in the poem "Turn Left ______ Feet From Here".
5. A person will be swallowed up by __________ if he does not find joyful work, according to Hafiz.
(a) A book.
(b) The world.
(c) The waters.
(d) Their ego.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "I _____ for you God" Hafiz praises the qualities that relationship with God cultivates in people.
2. Hafiz is a __________ ready to be eaten in the poem, "Throw Me on a Scale" in this collection of poetry.
3. The beauty of _________ makes believers expect to hear the voice of God in "Reaching Toward the Millet Fields."
4. Hafiz uses a misled fish to symbolize people experiencing the confusion of life in "Trying to Wear _____"
5. Hafiz asserts that he is an earth that will perish without the ______ of God's presence in the poem "That Does Perish".
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)