|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first poem of Chapter 13 "______" suggests that everything in creation is part of God's body and so deserves to be revered.
2. A person will be swallowed up by __________ if he does not find joyful work, according to Hafiz.
(a) The world.
(b) A book.
(c) Their ego.
(d) The waters.
3. "Between Our Poles" is a poem which compares humanity's ability to display the characteristics of God to the _____________.
(b) Banks of a river.
(c) Art pieces in a museum.
4. Hafiz speaks to that moment one can sit in the pain of longing and listen intently to God in the poem "When you can _____".
5. Chapter 21 opens with an invitation from God to dance in the poem "The God Who Only Knows ______ Words".
6. What does Hafiz encourage people to let go of when he is writing his poem, "Find a Better Job"?
7. The poem "Covers Her Face with Both Hands" describes how the ______ responds to people who refuse to act with kindness.
8. In the poem "_____ Wandering" Hafiz describes the whole of creation as being as fragile as the sprout under a large animal.
9. When God's lute begs for a _________ hands, that when this person is able to be useful to God, according to Hafiz.
10. Hafiz likes to explore the realities of ________ with God when he writes poetry.
11. In the poem "I _____ for you God" Hafiz praises the qualities that relationship with God cultivates in people.
12. When a person does not understand the proximity of God in his life, Hafiz says he might have to ___________ them.
13. "The ________ Warehouse" is a place full of distractions from the divine, according to Hafiz.
14. Hafiz uses a parrot as a metaphor to describe teachers with no _____ in the poem "The Diamond Takes Shape".
15. Hafiz discusses the experience of falling out of trust with God and then moving towards trusting again in the poem "A Still ____".
Short Answer Questions
1. Hafiz suggests that surrender is _____ in the poem "The Clay Bowl's Destiny" and is God's intent for life on earth.
2. "The Heart's ___________" occurs when it makes itself God's pawn, according to Hafiz in his writing.
3. "Spiced __________" describes the kind of sustenance that Hafiz offers in his poetry.
4. In the poem "_____Hear Watchdogs" Hafiz describes the idea that true believers don't feel they have to trick God into blessing them.
5. Hafiz explains that his purpose in writing is to put words to the longing of human hearts in the poem "I Hope You Won't _____ This Old Man".
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)