|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The poem "Covers Her Face with Both Hands" describes how the ______ responds to people who refuse to act with kindness.
2. Hafiz explains that his purpose in writing is to put words to the longing of human hearts in the poem "I Hope You Won't _____ This Old Man".
(c) Laugh at.
3. The poem "It Will Stretch Out Its Leg" compares poetry to a man ______ someone to make them stop and listen.
(a) Yelling at.
4. Hafiz suggests that sometimes God wearies of softly spoken love and he wants to shake his children by the shoulders in the poem called "Tired of Speaking _____".
5. "Lousy at ___________" is a poem about how God is a priceless jewel which is broken apart by man.
6. Hafiz is a __________ ready to be eaten in the poem, "Throw Me on a Scale" in this collection of poetry.
7. "An Invisible Pile of __________" is how Hafiz knows that God is real, according to the poem.
8. When a person does not understand the proximity of God in his life, Hafiz says he might have to ___________ them.
9. In the poem "The Old _____", Hafiz suggests that people regard each other with the gentle care the instrumentalist gives to his instruments.
(d) Violin maker.
10. _________ is the word for remembrance in which humanity best meditates on the qualities of God.
11. Hafiz describes the pain of seeing a decrease in love or understanding in the world in the poem "The ____ is Right".
12. "Bring the Man to Me" describes a master who knows that his ____ is praying for freedom and summons him.
13. Hafiz speaks to that moment one can sit in the pain of longing and listen intently to God in the poem "When you can _____".
14. The final poem of chapter ten is called "Too ______ " and describes the bliss of unity that Hafiz experiences.
15. In the poem "_____Hear Watchdogs" Hafiz describes the idea that true believers don't feel they have to trick God into blessing them.
(d) B urglars.
Short Answer Questions
1. A poem is an ornery __________ which begs to be heard, according to the writing of Hafiz.
2. In Chapter 22 the first poem called "Stay With Us" the fellowship is defined by those who have shed _____.
3. The first poem of Chapter 13 "______" suggests that everything in creation is part of God's body and so deserves to be revered.
4. In "The ________ Girl," Hafiz realizes he needs to leave his own sense of self behind when he is approaching God.
5. When God's lute begs for a _________ hands, that when this person is able to be useful to God, according to Hafiz.
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)