Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the poem "Out of God's _____" Hafiz uses imagery from nature to describe himself as a carrier of God's blessings.
2. Chapter 21 opens with an invitation from God to dance in the poem "The God Who Only Knows ______ Words".
3. In the final poem of Chapter 8, Hafiz reiterates that the _____ moment is meant for worship in "Now is the Time".
4. According to Hafiz, "The Intelligent Man" is the one who does not trust ___________ in his life.
5. The relationship between teacher and ______ is so intimate that it feels like a marriage is the subject of the poem "I Want Both of Us".
6. The poem "Covers Her Face with Both Hands" describes how the ______ responds to people who refuse to act with kindness.
7. "The Tender Mouth" speaks of offering one's ___________ to Earth after death, as Hafiz describes it.
8. Hafiz describes people who don't know their own glory as "The Sun in ________" in one of his poems.
9. The first poem of Chapter 13 "______" suggests that everything in creation is part of God's body and so deserves to be revered.
10. In the poem "_____Hear Watchdogs" Hafiz describes the idea that true believers don't feel they have to trick God into blessing them.
(a) B urglars.
11. The poem "It Will Stretch Out Its Leg" compares poetry to a man ______ someone to make them stop and listen.
(d) Yelling at.
12. When God's lute begs for a _________ hands, that when this person is able to be useful to God, according to Hafiz.
13. Hafiz uses the metaphorical activity of _______ in the poem "I am Full of Love Tonight" in which God is the lover and humans are the beloved.
(b) Horseback Riding.
(d) Holding hands.
14. In "The ________ Girl," Hafiz realizes he needs to leave his own sense of self behind when he is approaching God.
15. Hafiz asserts that he is an earth that will perish without the ______ of God's presence in the poem "That Does Perish".
Short Answer Questions
1. "Lousy at ___________" is a poem about how God is a priceless jewel which is broken apart by man.
2. What does Hafiz encourage people to let go of when he is writing his poem, "Find a Better Job"?
3. Who is getting ready for a cosmic celebration in "Then Winks" by Hafiz?
4. In the poem "I _____ for you God" Hafiz praises the qualities that relationship with God cultivates in people.
5. The poem "____ You to My Body" describes Hafiz's desire to keep his students close and teach them all the time.
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)