|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A person will be swallowed up by __________ if he does not find joyful work, according to Hafiz.
(a) Their ego.
(b) The world.
(c) The waters.
(d) A book.
2. Hafiz suggests that surrender is _____ in the poem "The Clay Bowl's Destiny" and is God's intent for life on earth.
3. In the poem "Why not be polite" Hafiz invites everyone to listen to those around them as if ____ were speaking through them.
4. The final poem of chapter ten is called "Too ______ " and describes the bliss of unity that Hafiz experiences.
5. Who is getting ready for a cosmic celebration in "Then Winks" by Hafiz?
6. According to Hafiz, "The Intelligent Man" is the one who does not trust ___________ in his life.
7. When a person does not understand the proximity of God in his life, Hafiz says he might have to ___________ them.
8. Chapter 21 opens with an invitation from God to dance in the poem "The God Who Only Knows ______ Words".
9. A poem is an ornery __________ which begs to be heard, according to the writing of Hafiz.
10. "Lousy at ___________" is a poem about how God is a priceless jewel which is broken apart by man.
11. The feverish pursuit of male dogs for female dogs in heat is used as the standard for people's pursuit of God in the poem "______ Love".
12. Hafiz admits to there being a lot of challenge in the business of __________, according to one of his poems.
13. Hafiz comments on the commonality of a life of worship between humans and animals in the poem "The _____ and I Will Chat".
14. _________ is the word for remembrance in which humanity best meditates on the qualities of God.
15. Hafiz describes the ecstatic experience of his teacher's revelations of truth using the image of falling out of the windows in the poem "A _____ -Story House".
Short Answer Questions
1. "_______" is a poem which describes the source of real poetry, according to Hafiz's perspective on life and writing.
2. The first poem in Chapter 14 is called "A ____ For Your Head" in which Hafiz offers comfort to those exhausted by their trying to exist separate from God.
3. Hafiz returns to the idea that the __________ is temporary and that it is important to be connected to things that bring eternity and divinity to mind.
4. "The ________ Warehouse" is a place full of distractions from the divine, according to Hafiz.
5. Hafiz describes a change in a person that occurs when they are ready to surrender to God in the poem "My _____ So Soft".
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)