|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Lousy at ___________" is a poem about how God is a priceless jewel which is broken apart by man.
2. "An Invisible Pile of __________" is how Hafiz knows that God is real, according to the poem.
3. In the poem "Out of God's _____" Hafiz uses imagery from nature to describe himself as a carrier of God's blessings.
4. The relationship between teacher and ______ is so intimate that it feels like a marriage is the subject of the poem "I Want Both of Us".
5. "The ________ Warehouse" is a place full of distractions from the divine, according to Hafiz.
6. Hafiz describes people who don't know their own glory as "The Sun in ________" in one of his poems.
7. In the poem "_____ Wandering" Hafiz describes the whole of creation as being as fragile as the sprout under a large animal.
8. _________ is the word for remembrance in which humanity best meditates on the qualities of God.
9. In the final poem of Chapter 8, Hafiz reiterates that the _____ moment is meant for worship in "Now is the Time".
10. Hafiz describes the ecstatic experience of his teacher's revelations of truth using the image of falling out of the windows in the poem "A _____ -Story House".
11. A poem is an ornery __________ which begs to be heard, according to the writing of Hafiz.
12. What does Hafiz encourage people to let go of when he is writing his poem, "Find a Better Job"?
13. Hafiz discusses the experience of falling out of trust with God and then moving towards trusting again in the poem "A Still ____".
14. Hafiz uses a parrot as a metaphor to describe teachers with no _____ in the poem "The Diamond Takes Shape".
15. Hafiz uses a misled fish to symbolize people experiencing the confusion of life in "Trying to Wear _____"
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "Why not be polite" Hafiz invites everyone to listen to those around them as if ____ were speaking through them.
2. In the poem "I _____ for you God" Hafiz praises the qualities that relationship with God cultivates in people.
3. When a person does not understand the proximity of God in his life, Hafiz says he might have to ___________ them.
4. The poem "____ You to My Body" describes Hafiz's desire to keep his students close and teach them all the time.
5. When Hafiz is so cleansed and finished by love, he becomes ___________ personified, ready to be consumed.
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)