Short Answer Questions
1. Daniel Ladinsky describes Hafiz as a poet who has inspired some of the worlds greatest _______.
2. Ladinsky suggests that Hafiz is on the same level as other luminaries including all of the following except _______.
3. Hafiz is known for his attempts to free people through intimacy with the divine from the control of ______.
4. According to Ladinsky, Hafiz wrote between _______ poems, some of which were destroyed by fundamentalist Islamic leaders.
5. According to the Islamic fundamentalist leaders, it was ______ to claim intimacy with the divine.
6. Hafiz believed that God was too powerful and benevolent to resort to ______ and condemnation to elicit devotion from his children.
7. According to Ladinksy, Hafiz's poetry has often been used in an ______ fashion, like astrology or the tarot.
This section contains 4,181 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)