|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hafiz uses a misled fish to symbolize people experiencing the confusion of life in "Trying to Wear _____"
2. "The Heart's ___________" occurs when it makes itself God's pawn, according to Hafiz in his writing.
3. The poem "Covers Her Face with Both Hands" describes how the ______ responds to people who refuse to act with kindness.
4. In the poem "Curfews" ______ is the key to freedom that Hafiz offers to the reader.
5. Hafiz suggests that he has become so close to God and cleansed of the pain and longing in the poem "The Lamp That Needs no _____".
Short Answer Questions
1. The poem "Some Fill With Each Good _____" encourages people to give their most intimate affection to those who requite it.
2. In the final poem of Chapter 8, Hafiz reiterates that the _____ moment is meant for worship in "Now is the Time".
3. In the chapter's closing poem "That Magnificent ______", Hafiz compares himself to a cypress.
4. In the poem "The Ear That was Sold to a _____" Hafiz sends body parts with far-flung animals to spy on God.
5. The poem "Without Brushing My Hair" describes Hafiz's eagerness to go to ______.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)