|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "_______" is a poem which describes the source of real poetry, according to Hafiz's perspective on life and writing.
2. The poem "Where Great ______ Love to Piss" talks about the folly of building temples instead of just worshiping in nature.
3. In the poem "The Ear That was Sold to a _____" Hafiz sends body parts with far-flung animals to spy on God.
4. Hafiz instructs people to learn to see cause to celebrate even the mundane in the poem "If the Falling of a _____"
5. Hafiz grew up in simple surroundings as the son of a _______ who died when Hafiz was only a teenager.
(b) Coal merchant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hafiz discusses the experience of falling out of trust with God and then moving towards trusting again in the poem "A Still ____".
2. In the poem, "_______" Hafiz describes the agony of shedding selfishness.
3. "The ________ Warehouse" is a place full of distractions from the divine, according to Hafiz.
4. "Bring the Man to Me" describes a master who knows that his ____ is praying for freedom and summons him.
5. The poem "_____ Gods" opens the tenth chapter and focuses on drawing attention away from counterfeit gods.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)