|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ladinsky suggests that Hafiz is on the same level as other luminaries including all of the following except _______.
(d) Francis of Assisi.
2. The poem "Looking for a Good Fish" uses the metaphor of shopping in the wrong markets and following _____ into deserts.
(b) Water Buffalo.
(c) Dumb Animals.
3. The eighth chapter opens with the poem "Get the Blame Straight" granting humanity the right to blame and ____ God for everything.
(d) Rebel against.
4. Hafiz encourages believers to make themselves sources of love and hope in the poem "Like a Life-Giving _____".
5. In the poem "The Only Material" Hafiz suggests that people make one's _______ the reality of god.
(a) Resting place.
(d) Personal temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "We Have not Come to Take ________", Hafiz suggests that people run from those who threaten one's spiritual vision.
2. Hafiz uses the imagery of the poem "To Build a ______" to describe the process of building character.
3. Hafiz speaks to that moment one can sit in the pain of longing and listen intently to God in the poem "When you can _____".
4. Hafiz encourages people to live in such a way that God will identify with them in the poem "I Got ____".
5. The poems in Chapter Three go deeper into the human psyche an use ______ lessons instead of universal truths.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)