|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Life itself, rather than religion is described by Hafiz as the way to finding God in the poem "The _____ of Existence".
2. The poem "____ You to My Body" describes Hafiz's desire to keep his students close and teach them all the time.
3. Ladinsky suggests that Hafiz is on the same level as other luminaries including all of the following except _______.
(c) Francis of Assisi.
4. The poem "This _____" describes unity with God as a place from which one must invite others to join in.
5. "The Heart's ___________" occurs when it makes itself God's pawn, according to Hafiz in his writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. The poem "Without Brushing My Hair" describes Hafiz's eagerness to go to ______.
2. Chapter 7 opens with the poem "Really Just a ______" in which Hafiz suggests everything is God's musical instrument.
3. In the poem "_____ Wandering" Hafiz describes the whole of creation as being as fragile as the sprout under a large animal.
4. The opening essay gives the approximate dates during which Hafiz lived and states that he was a contemporary of _______.
5. In the poem "Who Wrote the Music", Hafiz describes himself as the ________ of men's thoughts.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)