|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The poem "A _____ Rim" describes his soul flying from him into heaven to sing with God.
2. The eighth chapter opens with the poem "Get the Blame Straight" granting humanity the right to blame and ____ God for everything.
(d) Rebel against.
3. The poem "A ____ in Each Act and Creature" describes the life-giving and earth-beautifying of the sun as an expression of divine affection.
4. The poem "This Sane Idea" asks that people leave their ______ behind when going on the search for God.
5. Chapter 21 opens with an invitation from God to dance in the poem "The God Who Only Knows ______ Words".
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "Out of God's _____" Hafiz uses imagery from nature to describe himself as a carrier of God's blessings.
2. _______ was a major part of Persian culture including such accomplished masters as Saadi, Attar, and Rumi.
3. Hafiz refers to the things he will leave behind that he strove to be a steward for in the poem "Who Will Feed my _____".
4. The poems in Chapter Three go deeper into the human psyche an use ______ lessons instead of universal truths.
5. In the poem "Your _____ and my _______" Hafiz describes the eternal communion between souls.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)