|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Humanity is a fish on a _________ when it is separated from God, according to the final poem of the section by Hafiz.
2. In the poem "Your _____ and my _______" Hafiz describes the eternal communion between souls.
3. The poem "Without Brushing My Hair" describes Hafiz's eagerness to go to ______.
(a) Eat dinner.
(b) Meet his lover.
4. Hafiz uses a misled fish to symbolize people experiencing the confusion of life in "Trying to Wear _____"
5. The poem "Covers Her Face with Both Hands" describes how the ______ responds to people who refuse to act with kindness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 7 opens with the poem "Really Just a ______" in which Hafiz suggests everything is God's musical instrument.
2. The poem "Removing the ______ From the Temple" describes any place where where is praying as the temple of God.
3. In the poem "_____ Man" Hafiz describes the work of refining character without breaking it.
4. Hafiz encourages people to bail from churches and cling to the lifeboats of poetry in the poem "The Great _____".
5. What does Hafiz encourage people to let go of when he is writing his poem, "Find a Better Job"?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)