|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hafiz comments on the commonality of a life of worship between humans and animals in the poem "The _____ and I Will Chat".
2. In the poem "I _____ for you God" Hafiz praises the qualities that relationship with God cultivates in people.
3. When Hafiz is so cleansed and finished by love, he becomes ___________ personified, ready to be consumed.
4. Hafiz wrote his poems in the ______ century. However, dignitaries throughout the ages since, including the Queen of England consulted his works.
5. In his poem "That Regal _____", Hafiz uses a garment to symbolize the joy of living in God's love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hafiz became a ______ master in his sixties after studying for decades and trying to win the heart of a local beauty.
2. When God's lute begs for a _________ hands, that when this person is able to be useful to God, according to Hafiz.
3. The relationship between teacher and ______ is so intimate that it feels like a marriage is the subject of the poem "I Want Both of Us".
4. Hafiz discusses the experience of falling out of trust with God and then moving towards trusting again in the poem "A Still ____".
5. In Chapter 22 the first poem called "Stay With Us" the fellowship is defined by those who have shed _____.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)