|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The poem "This _____" describes unity with God as a place from which one must invite others to join in.
2. Hafiz uses the imagery of drinking God's greatness and the discontentment that come from comparison breaking the wine glass in the poem "Why Aren't We All Screaming _____".
3. When God's lute begs for a _________ hands, that when this person is able to be useful to God, according to Hafiz.
4. Hafiz deals with the issue of men listening to their worst selves in the poem "______ Deals".
5. "Bring the Man to Me" describes a master who knows that his ____ is praying for freedom and summons him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hafiz uses a misled fish to symbolize people experiencing the confusion of life in "Trying to Wear _____"
2. In the poem "What do the _____ Birds Say" Hafiz uses the symbols of the illusory Earth falling away and the fullness of God opening like a ____ in his heart.
3. "An Invisible Pile of __________" is how Hafiz knows that God is real, according to the poem.
4. Hafiz uses guests at a ______ party as object lessons in the poem "If God Invited you to a Party".
5. In the poem "That Shapes the ______", Hafiz the purity and easy happiness of youth and the benefits of focusing on God in age.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)