|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hafiz suggests that surrender is _____ in the poem "The Clay Bowl's Destiny" and is God's intent for life on earth.
2. Hafiz discusses the experience of falling out of trust with God and then moving towards trusting again in the poem "A Still ____".
3. The poem "This _____" describes unity with God as a place from which one must invite others to join in.
4. Hafiz uses the image of all creation applauding in the warm gaze of God in the poem "Life Starts ______".
5. The seventh chapter closes with praise of mediation in the poem "Let ______ Become Your Beautiful Lover".
Short Answer Questions
1. The poems in Chapter Three go deeper into the human psyche an use ______ lessons instead of universal truths.
2. Hafiz's home city was one of the few to have not been ravaged by the invasions of the Mongols and the _______.
3. The poem "Covers Her Face with Both Hands" describes how the ______ responds to people who refuse to act with kindness.
4. Hafiz describes the situation of an insect and uses it to teach about compassion towards the weak in the poem "Courteous to the _____".
5. In Chapter two, Hafiz's poems portray him as a kind of _______ using his own experiences to offer wisdom.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)