|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hafiz won the admiration of the Zoroastrian master ______ who said that Hafiz's poetry contains all the secrets of the spiritual path.
(b) Meher Baba.
(c) Geoffrey Chaucer.
(d) Jalaluddin Rumi.
2. In the poem, "_______" Hafiz describes the agony of shedding selfishness.
3. "An Invisible Pile of __________" is how Hafiz knows that God is real, according to the poem.
4. Hafiz admits to there being a lot of challenge in the business of __________, according to one of his poems.
5. A poem is an ornery __________ which begs to be heard, according to the writing of Hafiz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 7 opens with the poem "Really Just a ______" in which Hafiz suggests everything is God's musical instrument.
2. Hafiz speaks to that moment one can sit in the pain of longing and listen intently to God in the poem "When you can _____".
3. Hafiz sometimes includes himself in his poems in the _______ person as a way of signing them.
4. The poem "Looking for a Good Fish" uses the metaphor of shopping in the wrong markets and following _____ into deserts.
5. The poem "What do the _____ Birds Say" uses the symbolism of blooming nature to describe the blossoming revelation of God.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)