|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The poem "The Millstone's _____" describes God's unique ability to speak to the hearts deepest longings.
2. The poem "_____ Gods" opens the tenth chapter and focuses on drawing attention away from counterfeit gods.
3. Hafiz uses the image of the ocean's defying gravity to symbolize a life in the supreme safety of "God's ______".
4. Hafiz is a __________ ready to be eaten in the poem, "Throw Me on a Scale" in this collection of poetry.
5. Hafiz describes the situation of an insect and uses it to teach about compassion towards the weak in the poem "Courteous to the _____".
Short Answer Questions
1. Haifz uses his crush on a girl to symbolize his affection for God in the poem, "What the ______".
2. In the poem "Curfews" ______ is the key to freedom that Hafiz offers to the reader.
3. Hafiz speaks to that moment one can sit in the pain of longing and listen intently to God in the poem "When you can _____".
4. Hafiz describes the ecstatic experience of his teacher's revelations of truth using the image of falling out of the windows in the poem "A _____ -Story House".
5. In the poem "_____ Man" Hafiz describes the work of refining character without breaking it.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)