|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hafiz believes that he is merely "A Hole in a __________" that God plays when he is writing and living his life.
2. In the poem "I _____ for you God" Hafiz praises the qualities that relationship with God cultivates in people.
3. Hafiz suggests that sometimes God wearies of softly spoken love and he wants to shake his children by the shoulders in the poem called "Tired of Speaking _____".
4. The poem "A Hunting Party" makes the suggestion that the search for spiritual nourishment should take place ______.
(a) In a community.
(b) As a couple.
(c) As a family.
5. Hafiz believed that God was too powerful and benevolent to resort to ______ and condemnation to elicit devotion from his children.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is suggested in the fourth chapter that ______ is a transformer of perspective and character.
2. In the poem "Scratching my Back" Hafiz describes himself as a _____ scratching his back on the moon.
3. Hafiz instructs people to learn to see cause to celebrate even the mundane in the poem "If the Falling of a _____"
4. The first poem in Chapter 14 is called "A ____ For Your Head" in which Hafiz offers comfort to those exhausted by their trying to exist separate from God.
5. According to Ladinsky, Hafiz wrote between _______ poems, some of which were destroyed by fundamentalist Islamic leaders.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)