|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hafiz became a ______ master in his sixties after studying for decades and trying to win the heart of a local beauty.
2. Life itself, rather than religion is described by Hafiz as the way to finding God in the poem "The _____ of Existence".
3. Hafiz suggests that sometimes God wearies of softly spoken love and he wants to shake his children by the shoulders in the poem called "Tired of Speaking _____".
4. In the poem "That Shapes the ______", Hafiz the purity and easy happiness of youth and the benefits of focusing on God in age.
5. Hafiz was known to live in ______, and even now there are as many copies of his Divan as there are copies of the Quran.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter two, Hafiz's poems portray him as a kind of _______ using his own experiences to offer wisdom.
2. Hafiz describes God as a Golden ______ that takes the soul soaring in the poem titled "Lifts Beyond Conception".
3. Hafiz won the admiration of the Zoroastrian master ______ who said that Hafiz's poetry contains all the secrets of the spiritual path.
4. In the poem "The _____ We Planted" Hafiz remembers his teacher Muhammad Attar and still longs for his affection.
5. Hafiz describes the situation of an insect and uses it to teach about compassion towards the weak in the poem "Courteous to the _____".
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)