|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hafiz sometimes includes himself in his poems in the _______ person as a way of signing them.
2. Hafiz grew up in simple surroundings as the son of a _______ who died when Hafiz was only a teenager.
(a) Coal merchant.
3. According to Ladinsky, Hafiz was the youngest child of the family having _____ older brothers.
4. When Hafiz is so cleansed and finished by love, he becomes ___________ personified, ready to be consumed.
5. According to Ladinsky, Hafiz is thought of as an _______ so able was he to access the voice of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "Scratching my Back" Hafiz describes himself as a _____ scratching his back on the moon.
2. Hafiz asks the reader to forgive this illusory life for its painfulness in the poem "Forgive the _____".
3. Having demonstrated his ability as a poet, Hafiz won several positions including all of the following except ______.
4. Hafiz's home city was one of the few to have not been ravaged by the invasions of the Mongols and the _______.
5. In the poem "I Have Learned so Much", Hafiz suggests that he is so _______ and freed that he can't even identify with a particular sex anymore.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)