|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The poem "Looking for a Good Fish" uses the metaphor of shopping in the wrong markets and following _____ into deserts.
(b) Water Buffalo.
(d) Dumb Animals.
2. Chapter one's poem's are more _______ and use imagery from nature, music, dining, fishing, hunting, etc.
3. The poem "Some Fill With Each Good _____" encourages people to give their most intimate affection to those who requite it.
4. Hafiz suggests that he has become so close to God and cleansed of the pain and longing in the poem "The Lamp That Needs no _____".
5. Hafiz encourages believers to make themselves sources of love and hope in the poem "Like a Life-Giving _____".
Short Answer Questions
1. In his poem "That Regal _____", Hafiz uses a garment to symbolize the joy of living in God's love.
2. Hafiz suggests that sometimes God wearies of softly spoken love and he wants to shake his children by the shoulders in the poem called "Tired of Speaking _____".
3. In the poem "The _____ We Planted" Hafiz remembers his teacher Muhammad Attar and still longs for his affection.
4. The poems in Chapter Three go deeper into the human psyche an use ______ lessons instead of universal truths.
5. The poem "So Many _____" is used by Hafiz to represent all the blessings of God that go unclaimed.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)