|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ladinsky suggests that Hafiz is on the same level as other luminaries including all of the following except _______.
(b) Francis of Assisi.
2. The poem "A _____ Rim" describes his soul flying from him into heaven to sing with God.
3. According to Ladinsky, Hafiz is thought of as an _______ so able was he to access the voice of God.
4. Hafiz describes God as a Golden ______ that takes the soul soaring in the poem titled "Lifts Beyond Conception".
5. In his poem "That Regal _____", Hafiz uses a garment to symbolize the joy of living in God's love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter one's poem's are more _______ and use imagery from nature, music, dining, fishing, hunting, etc.
2. The poem "This Sane Idea" asks that people leave their ______ behind when going on the search for God.
3. During his studies of Islamic law, theology, grammar, math, astrology, and calligraphy, Hafiz worked as a ______ assistant.
4. Hafiz grew up in simple surroundings as the son of a _______ who died when Hafiz was only a teenager.
5. Hafiz encourages believers to make themselves sources of love and hope in the poem "Like a Life-Giving _____".
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)