|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the poem "I Hold the _______ Paw", Hafiz describes God as an animal with whom he dances.
2. Chapter one's poem's are more _______ and use imagery from nature, music, dining, fishing, hunting, etc.
3. Hafiz encourages believers to make themselves sources of love and hope in the poem "Like a Life-Giving _____".
4. Haifz uses his crush on a girl to symbolize his affection for God in the poem, "What the ______".
(c) Soul wants.
(d) Body wants.
5. The poem "Looking for a Good Fish" uses the metaphor of shopping in the wrong markets and following _____ into deserts.
(a) Dumb Animals.
(d) Water Buffalo.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem, "_______" Hafiz describes the agony of shedding selfishness.
2. In the poem "We Have not Come to Take ________", Hafiz suggests that people run from those who threaten one's spiritual vision.
3. Hafiz refers to the process of growing in love and knowledge by making oneself a student of a master in these things "The _____ Work".
4. Hafiz grew up in simple surroundings as the son of a _______ who died when Hafiz was only a teenager.
5. In his poem "That Regal _____", Hafiz uses a garment to symbolize the joy of living in God's love.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)