|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ladinsky suggests that Hafiz is on the same level as other luminaries including all of the following except _______.
(a) Francis of Assisi.
2. The poems in Chapter Three go deeper into the human psyche an use ______ lessons instead of universal truths.
3. In the chapter's closing poem "That Magnificent ______", Hafiz compares himself to a cypress.
4. Hafiz describes the situation of an insect and uses it to teach about compassion towards the weak in the poem "Courteous to the _____".
5. In "The Seed Cracked Open", Hafiz describes the finding of the relationship with God to an opened ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ladinsky, Hafiz is thought of as an _______ so able was he to access the voice of God.
2. The poem "Don't _____ Again" opens up the fifth chapter and encourages people to seek God throughout their life.
3. The poem "When the Violin" uses the image of the violin to represent a _____ freed to make music in God's hands.
4. The poem "Startled by God" uses the image of _____ startled by a broken stick.
5. Chapter one's poem's are more _______ and use imagery from nature, music, dining, fishing, hunting, etc.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)