|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hafiz is known for his attempts to free people through intimacy with the divine from the control of ______.
2. Hafiz uses agricultural images to express the idea that humans are God's precious crop in the poem "His Winter _____".
3. Within his poetry, Hafiz tells the reader that he is speaking _______ truths mean to free people to celebrate and revel in the divine.
4. In the poem "_____ Man" Hafiz describes the work of refining character without breaking it.
5. Hafiz's home city was one of the few to have not been ravaged by the invasions of the Mongols and the _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hafiz is said to have devoted himself to a ______ day vigil at the tomb of a saint said to be able to grant the deepest desires of anyone.
2. According to Ladinsky, Hafiz was the youngest child of the family having _____ older brothers.
3. Chapter one's poem's are more _______ and use imagery from nature, music, dining, fishing, hunting, etc.
4. Hafiz won the admiration of the Zoroastrian master ______ who said that Hafiz's poetry contains all the secrets of the spiritual path.
5. The poem "A _____ Rim" describes his soul flying from him into heaven to sing with God.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)