|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The poem "_____ Gods" opens the tenth chapter and focuses on drawing attention away from counterfeit gods.
2. Hafiz describes the situation of an insect and uses it to teach about compassion towards the weak in the poem "Courteous to the _____".
3. In the poem "I Have Learned so Much", Hafiz suggests that he is so _______ and freed that he can't even identify with a particular sex anymore.
(d) Burned up.
4. According to Ladinksy, Hafiz's poetry has often been used in an ______ fashion, like astrology or the tarot.
5. Who is getting ready for a cosmic celebration in "Then Winks" by Hafiz?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "_____ Wandering" Hafiz describes the whole of creation as being as fragile as the sprout under a large animal.
2. Hafiz uses the image of sunlight on a ______ to describe love in the poem "It Felt Love".
3. "The Heart's ___________" occurs when it makes itself God's pawn, according to Hafiz in his writing.
4. Hafiz uses guests at a ______ party as object lessons in the poem "If God Invited you to a Party".
5. In Chapter two, Hafiz's poems portray him as a kind of _______ using his own experiences to offer wisdom.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)