|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hafiz describes a change in a person that occurs when they are ready to surrender to God in the poem "My _____ So Soft".
2. Comparing God to a Lion, Hafiz suggests that worshipers learn to hold the ______ paw.
3. Humanity is a fish on a _________ when it is separated from God, according to the final poem of the section by Hafiz.
4. A person will be swallowed up by __________ if he does not find joyful work, according to Hafiz.
(a) Their ego.
(b) The world.
(c) The waters.
(d) A book.
5. Hafiz uses the image of God as the ocean and anger is the thing that sinks men's boats in the poem called "The Great _____".
Short Answer Questions
1. "The ________ Warehouse" is a place full of distractions from the divine, according to Hafiz.
2. Hafiz encourages people to bail from churches and cling to the lifeboats of poetry in the poem "The Great _____".
3. Within his poetry, Hafiz tells the reader that he is speaking _______ truths mean to free people to celebrate and revel in the divine.
4. When a person does not understand the proximity of God in his life, Hafiz says he might have to ___________ them.
5. The poem "It Will Stretch Out Its Leg" compares poetry to a man ______ someone to make them stop and listen.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)