|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hafiz uses the metaphorical activity of _______ in the poem "I am Full of Love Tonight" in which God is the lover and humans are the beloved.
(a) Holding hands.
(c) Horseback Riding.
2. When a person does not understand the proximity of God in his life, Hafiz says he might have to ___________ them.
3. In the poem "Why not be polite" Hafiz invites everyone to listen to those around them as if ____ were speaking through them.
4. Hafiz describes God as a Golden ______ that takes the soul soaring in the poem titled "Lifts Beyond Conception".
5. Hafiz refers to the things he will leave behind that he strove to be a steward for in the poem "Who Will Feed my _____".
Short Answer Questions
1. Hafiz comments on the commonality of a life of worship between humans and animals in the poem "The _____ and I Will Chat".
2. The poem "A ____ in Each Act and Creature" describes the life-giving and earth-beautifying of the sun as an expression of divine affection.
3. Haifz uses his crush on a girl to symbolize his affection for God in the poem, "What the ______".
4. In the poem "We Have not Come to Take ________", Hafiz suggests that people run from those who threaten one's spiritual vision.
5. Hafiz describes a change in a person that occurs when they are ready to surrender to God in the poem "My _____ So Soft".
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)