|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The poem "Removing the ______ From the Temple" describes any place where where is praying as the temple of God.
2. Comparing God to a Lion, Hafiz suggests that worshipers learn to hold the ______ paw.
3. The poem "Love is the Funeral Pyre" returns to the idea of burning away all that is ______.
4. Ladinsky used the work of ______ published in 1891 to guide this particular translation of Hafiz's work.
(a) Meher Baba.
(b) Geoffrey Chaucer.
(c) Henry S. Mindlin.
(d) H. Wilberforce Clarke.
5. Hafiz uses the image of all creation applauding in the warm gaze of God in the poem "Life Starts ______".
Short Answer Questions
1. Hafiz describes God as a Golden ______ that takes the soul soaring in the poem titled "Lifts Beyond Conception".
2. Hafiz uses the imagery of the poem "To Build a ______" to describe the process of building character.
3. Hafiz believed that God was too powerful and benevolent to resort to ______ and condemnation to elicit devotion from his children.
4. Chapter one's poem's are more _______ and use imagery from nature, music, dining, fishing, hunting, etc.
5. According to Ladinsky, Hafiz was the youngest child of the family having _____ older brothers.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)