|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hafiz won the admiration of the Zoroastrian master ______ who said that Hafiz's poetry contains all the secrets of the spiritual path.
(a) Meher Baba.
(b) Geoffrey Chaucer.
(c) Jalaluddin Rumi.
2. The poem "A ______ Feather" is used to describe the process of going through flawed spiritual understanding before spiritual maturity.
3. Hafiz studied under ______ another poet of great renown. He was taught poetry, chemistry, theology, nature and harmonious living.
4. Daniel Ladinsky describes Hafiz as a poet who has inspired some of the worlds greatest _______.
5. According to Ladinsky, Hafiz was the youngest child of the family having _____ older brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Comparing God to a Lion, Hafiz suggests that worshipers learn to hold the ______ paw.
2. The poem "Against my Own _____" sensuously describes the long-sought presence of God.
3. Within his poetry, Hafiz tells the reader that he is speaking _______ truths mean to free people to celebrate and revel in the divine.
4. _______ was a major part of Persian culture including such accomplished masters as Saadi, Attar, and Rumi.
5. God's dance is described by Hafiz as being the ultimate source of all movement in the poem "No _____".
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)