|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the poem "I Hold the _______ Paw", Hafiz describes God as an animal with whom he dances.
2. Hafiz describes the situation of an insect and uses it to teach about compassion towards the weak in the poem "Courteous to the _____".
3. Hafiz studied under ______ another poet of great renown. He was taught poetry, chemistry, theology, nature and harmonious living.
4. Hafiz encourages believers to make themselves sources of love and hope in the poem "Like a Life-Giving _____".
5. According to the Islamic fundamentalist leaders, it was ______ to claim intimacy with the divine.
(c) Standard practice.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "We Have not Come to Take ________", Hafiz suggests that people run from those who threaten one's spiritual vision.
2. In the poem "Who Wrote the Music", Hafiz describes himself as the ________ of men's thoughts.
3. Hafiz describes God as a Golden ______ that takes the soul soaring in the poem titled "Lifts Beyond Conception".
4. It is suggested in the fourth chapter that ______ is a transformer of perspective and character.
5. The poem "Looking for a Good Fish" uses the metaphor of shopping in the wrong markets and following _____ into deserts.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)