|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the poem "Curfews" ______ is the key to freedom that Hafiz offers to the reader.
2. Hafiz uses the image of the ocean's defying gravity to symbolize a life in the supreme safety of "God's ______".
3. The poem "Startled by God" uses the image of _____ startled by a broken stick.
4. In the poem "Your _____ and my _______" Hafiz describes the eternal communion between souls.
5. The poem "This Sane Idea" asks that people leave their ______ behind when going on the search for God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hafiz is known for his attempts to free people through intimacy with the divine from the control of ______.
2. In the poem "I Have Learned so Much", Hafiz suggests that he is so _______ and freed that he can't even identify with a particular sex anymore.
3. In the poem "I Hold the _______ Paw", Hafiz describes God as an animal with whom he dances.
4. In "The Seed Cracked Open", Hafiz describes the finding of the relationship with God to an opened ______.
5. Hafiz uses the imagery of the poem "To Build a ______" to describe the process of building character.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)