|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Comparing God to a Lion, Hafiz suggests that worshipers learn to hold the ______ paw.
2. According to Ladinsky, Hafiz was the youngest child of the family having _____ older brothers.
3. Within his poetry, Hafiz tells the reader that he is speaking _______ truths mean to free people to celebrate and revel in the divine.
4. Hafiz explains that his purpose in writing is to put words to the longing of human hearts in the poem "I Hope You Won't _____ This Old Man".
(d) Laugh at.
5. Hafiz describes the hopelessness and lack of compassion that characterize people who have lost their way in the poem "Someone Untied Your _____".
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Islamic fundamentalist leaders, it was ______ to claim intimacy with the divine.
2. Hafiz uses the image of being on a mule exploring God's wonder in the poem "The Mule Got Drunk and Lost in _____".
3. In the poem "That Shapes the ______", Hafiz the purity and easy happiness of youth and the benefits of focusing on God in age.
4. The poem "What do the _____ Birds Say" uses the symbolism of blooming nature to describe the blossoming revelation of God.
5. The seventh chapter closes with praise of mediation in the poem "Let ______ Become Your Beautiful Lover".
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)