|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the poem "_____ Wandering" Hafiz describes the whole of creation as being as fragile as the sprout under a large animal.
2. In the poem "Out of God's _____" Hafiz uses imagery from nature to describe himself as a carrier of God's blessings.
3. The poems in Chapter Three go deeper into the human psyche an use ______ lessons instead of universal truths.
4. In the poem, "_______" Hafiz describes the agony of shedding selfishness.
5. In the poem "The Old _____", Hafiz suggests that people regard each other with the gentle care the instrumentalist gives to his instruments.
(c) Violin maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hafiz suggests that he has become so close to God and cleansed of the pain and longing in the poem "The Lamp That Needs no _____".
2. The final poem of chapter ten is called "Too ______ " and describes the bliss of unity that Hafiz experiences.
3. The poem "Against my Own _____" sensuously describes the long-sought presence of God.
4. The poem "A ______ Feather" is used to describe the process of going through flawed spiritual understanding before spiritual maturity.
5. Hafiz asks the reader to forgive this illusory life for its painfulness in the poem "Forgive the _____".
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)