|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. God's dance is described by Hafiz as being the ultimate source of all movement in the poem "No _____".
2. Hafiz asks the reader to forgive this illusory life for its painfulness in the poem "Forgive the _____".
3. In the poem "Curfews" ______ is the key to freedom that Hafiz offers to the reader.
4. Hafiz describes the pain of seeing a decrease in love or understanding in the world in the poem "The ____ is Right".
5. Daniel Ladinsky describes Hafiz as a poet who has inspired some of the worlds greatest _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Haifz uses his crush on a girl to symbolize his affection for God in the poem, "What the ______".
2. Having demonstrated his ability as a poet, Hafiz won several positions including all of the following except ______.
3. Hafiz wrote his poems in the ______ century. However, dignitaries throughout the ages since, including the Queen of England consulted his works.
4. In the chapter's closing poem "That Magnificent ______", Hafiz compares himself to a cypress.
5. Hafiz comments on the commonality of a life of worship between humans and animals in the poem "The _____ and I Will Chat".
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)