|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The final poem of chapter ten is called "Too ______ " and describes the bliss of unity that Hafiz experiences.
2. Hafiz explains that his purpose in writing is to put words to the longing of human hearts in the poem "I Hope You Won't _____ This Old Man".
(d) Laugh at.
3. In "The Seed Cracked Open", Hafiz describes the finding of the relationship with God to an opened ______.
4. Hafiz believed that God was too powerful and benevolent to resort to ______ and condemnation to elicit devotion from his children.
5. Hafiz uses agricultural images to express the idea that humans are God's precious crop in the poem "His Winter _____".
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Islamic fundamentalist leaders, it was ______ to claim intimacy with the divine.
2. In the poem "_____ Man" Hafiz describes the work of refining character without breaking it.
3. Hafiz uses a misled fish to symbolize people experiencing the confusion of life in "Trying to Wear _____"
4. In the chapter's closing poem "That Magnificent ______", Hafiz compares himself to a cypress.
5. Comparing God to a Lion, Hafiz suggests that worshipers learn to hold the ______ paw.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)