|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The poem "When the Violin" uses the image of the violin to represent a _____ freed to make music in God's hands.
2. Hafiz discusses the experience of falling out of trust with God and then moving towards trusting again in the poem "A Still ____".
3. In the poem "Out of God's _____" Hafiz uses imagery from nature to describe himself as a carrier of God's blessings.
4. The poem "Some Fill With Each Good _____" encourages people to give their most intimate affection to those who requite it.
5. _______ was a major part of Persian culture including such accomplished masters as Saadi, Attar, and Rumi.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "That Shapes the ______", Hafiz the purity and easy happiness of youth and the benefits of focusing on God in age.
2. Hafiz uses a misled fish to symbolize people experiencing the confusion of life in "Trying to Wear _____"
3. In the poem "_____ Man" Hafiz describes the work of refining character without breaking it.
4. Hafiz describes the situation of an insect and uses it to teach about compassion towards the weak in the poem "Courteous to the _____".
5. In the poem "_____ Wandering" Hafiz describes the whole of creation as being as fragile as the sprout under a large animal.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)