|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Life itself, rather than religion is described by Hafiz as the way to finding God in the poem "The _____ of Existence".
2. Hafiz encourages believers to make themselves sources of love and hope in the poem "Like a Life-Giving _____".
3. In his poem "That Regal _____", Hafiz uses a garment to symbolize the joy of living in God's love.
4. The poem "Against my Own _____" sensuously describes the long-sought presence of God.
5. The poem "What do the _____ Birds Say" uses the symbolism of blooming nature to describe the blossoming revelation of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. The poem "Removing the ______ From the Temple" describes any place where where is praying as the temple of God.
2. The poem "The Millstone's _____" describes God's unique ability to speak to the hearts deepest longings.
3. Hafiz uses agricultural images to express the idea that humans are God's precious crop in the poem "His Winter _____".
4. The poem "When the Violin" uses the image of the violin to represent a _____ freed to make music in God's hands.
5. The poem "Don't _____ Again" opens up the fifth chapter and encourages people to seek God throughout their life.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)