|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the poem "The Old _____", Hafiz suggests that people regard each other with the gentle care the instrumentalist gives to his instruments.
(a) Violin maker.
2. Hafiz uses the image of all creation applauding in the warm gaze of God in the poem "Life Starts ______".
3. Hafiz refers to the things he will leave behind that he strove to be a steward for in the poem "Who Will Feed my _____".
4. "All Then You Are" is a poem which describes all of the manifestations of ________ all inspiring Hafiz to worship.
(c) The devil.
(d) The Goddess.
5. In the poem "Out of God's _____" Hafiz uses imagery from nature to describe himself as a carrier of God's blessings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Haifz uses his crush on a girl to symbolize his affection for God in the poem, "What the ______".
2. In the poem "That Shapes the ______", Hafiz the purity and easy happiness of youth and the benefits of focusing on God in age.
3. A poem is an ornery __________ which begs to be heard, according to the writing of Hafiz.
4. Hafiz refers to the process of growing in love and knowledge by making oneself a student of a master in these things "The _____ Work".
5. _________ is the fruit of creation and then its prized possession and source of joy, according to Hafiz.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)