|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The poem "A ______ Feather" is used to describe the process of going through flawed spiritual understanding before spiritual maturity.
2. _________ is the fruit of creation and then its prized possession and source of joy, according to Hafiz.
3. Hafiz refers to the things he will leave behind that he strove to be a steward for in the poem "Who Will Feed my _____".
4. Hafiz uses the image of the ocean's defying gravity to symbolize a life in the supreme safety of "God's ______".
5. In the poem "_____ Wandering" Hafiz describes the whole of creation as being as fragile as the sprout under a large animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "The Old _____", Hafiz suggests that people regard each other with the gentle care the instrumentalist gives to his instruments.
2. "Spiced __________" describes the kind of sustenance that Hafiz offers in his poetry.
3. Hafiz describes the unity of God and his worshipers in the poem "Laughing at the word _______."
4. The poem "Don't _____ Again" opens up the fifth chapter and encourages people to seek God throughout their life.
5. "Love Lifts Me" is the response of the _________ who can defy gravity and gloom, according to Hafiz.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)