|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________ is the word for remembrance in which humanity best meditates on the qualities of God.
2. The poem "This _____" describes unity with God as a place from which one must invite others to join in.
3. Hafiz discusses the experience of falling out of trust with God and then moving towards trusting again in the poem "A Still ____".
4. Haifz uses his crush on a girl to symbolize his affection for God in the poem, "What the ______".
(c) Body wants.
(d) Soul wants.
5. Hafiz likes to explore the realities of ________ with God when he writes poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "The Old _____", Hafiz suggests that people regard each other with the gentle care the instrumentalist gives to his instruments.
2. The poem "Don't _____ Again" opens up the fifth chapter and encourages people to seek God throughout their life.
3. When a person does not understand the proximity of God in his life, Hafiz says he might have to ___________ them.
4. In the poem "I Hold the _______ Paw", Hafiz describes God as an animal with whom he dances.
5. "Spiced __________" describes the kind of sustenance that Hafiz offers in his poetry.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)