Objective: For many people, the idea of poetry is something which immediately turns them off, even if the poetry is about things which have happened in their lives. Today's objective is to discuss the use of poetry and how it can be interpreted and used in life.
1. Have each student make a list of the ten words they would use to describe poetry.
2. In smaller groups, have students discuss whether they think of poetry as an important part of their lives.
3. As a class, have the students discuss the power of poetry to change a person's point of view. What other uses might poetry have? How can poetry and religion or spirituality work together?
4. Homework: Have each student decide whether they think of poetry as being effective for them or not.
5. Homework: Have students write about whether they feel their ideas of poetry have changed over the...
This section contains 5,235 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)