|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hannibal likely not understand as he rose against Rome?
(a) Thie weapons.
(b) Their resolve.
(c) Their numbers and strength.
(d) Their faith.
2. How many books did Titus Livius write?
3. What differentiated Romans and Greeks as far as religion?
(a) Romans did not make human sacrifice.
(b) Romans were more pious.
(c) Romans were praying during battle.
(d) Romans had better name for their gods.
4. What did Carthage focus on?
5. How long after Hannibals's invasion of Italy does Chapter 1 start?
(a) 73 years.
(b) 53 years.
(c) 43 years.
(d) 63 years.
6. When was Carthage settled?
(a) 714 B.C.
(b) 914 B.C.
(c) 614 B.C.
(d) 814 B.C.
7. How much food did Hannibal's army have before the Battle of Cannae?
(a) 10 days worth.
(b) 30 days worth.
(c) 3 days worth.
(d) 20 days worth.
8. How did Carthage deal with failure?
(a) By using crucifiction.
(b) By imposing fines.
(c) By demoting officer to soldier.
(d) By banishing people.
9. Who was Scipio Aemilianus?
(a) The son of the one of the Roman consul in the Cannae battle.
(b) The brother of the one of the Roman consul in the Cannae battle.
(c) The cousin of the one of the Roman consul in the Cannae battle.
(d) The grandson of the one of the Roman consul in the Cannae battle.
10. Who settled Carthage?
11. What was unique about the tablet Polybius studied?
(a) It was inscribed by Hannibal.
(b) It was disctated by Hannibal.
(c) It was forged by Hannibal.
(d) It was touched by Hannibal.
12. How many books by Titus Livius survive today?
13. Why did ancient historians make their work entertaining and dramatic?
(a) To be used a a recruiting tool.
(b) So it was interesting for school children.
(c) So it could be shared with illiterates.
(d) To children could read it.
14. How did Polybius travel the Alps?
(a) On an elephant.
(b) On a carriage.
(c) On a horse.
15. What did ancient historians believe strongly in?
(a) Their writing skills.
(b) Their emperor.
(c) Their libraries.
(d) Their war.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Titus Livius's surviving books are about Cannae?
2. What was there little of in Carthage?
3. Where was Polybius of Megalopolis at the start of Chapter 1?
4. How was Publius Cornelius Scipio also known?
5. What did archeological finds show about Carthage?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)