|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Rome decide to destroy Carthage?
(a) Their technology threatened Rome.
(b) Their military threatened Rome.
(c) Their wealth threatened Rome.
(d) Their literature threatened Rome.
2. Why was Polybius brought to Rome?
(a) Keep the Carthagenians under control.
(b) Keep the Celts under control.
(c) Keep the Gauls under control.
(d) Keep the Greeks under control.
3. What did the tablet Polybius studied tell the story of?
(a) The chronicle of a Roman prisoner.
(b) Hannibal's early life.
(c) Hannibals's achievement in Italy.
(d) The story of a slave fighting for the Romans.
4. Who settled Carthage?
5. What did nations consider Carthaginians to be?
(a) Too political.
(b) Gentle and intellectual.
(c) Good merchants.
(d) Immoral and barbaric.
6. How long after the battle did the survivors of the battle live by their oath?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 35 years.
(d) 15 years.
7. What did archeological finds show about Carthage?
(a) It was a matriarchy.
(b) It practiced human sacrifice.
(c) It used mercenaries.
(d) Infanticide was practiced regularly.
8. How many Roman ships were destroyed by a storm according to Polybius?
9. How did Polybius travel the Alps?
(b) On a horse.
(c) On an elephant.
(d) On a carriage.
10. How did Carthage deal with failure?
(a) By imposing fines.
(b) By banishing people.
(c) By using crucifiction.
(d) By demoting officer to soldier.
11. How many soldiers fought at Cannae?
12. What was there little of in Carthage?
(d) Class conflict.
13. Where were the survivors of the Battle of Cannae banished to?
(a) North Africa.
14. How was Publius Cornelius Scipio also known?
15. When was Carthage settled?
(a) 814 B.C.
(b) 614 B.C.
(c) 914 B.C.
(d) 714 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Roman do when they liked something?
2. What did Carthage focus on?
3. What was the tablet Polybius studied made of?
4. What does Robert O'Connell describe the Punic War to?
5. How many books did Titus Livius write?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)