Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Polybius brought to Rome?
(a) 157 B.C.
(b) 147 B.C.
(c) 167 B.C.
(d) 177 B.C.
2. What did archeological finds show about Carthage?
(a) It was a matriarchy.
(b) It practiced human sacrifice.
(c) It used mercenaries.
(d) Infanticide was practiced regularly.
3. How did Polybius travel the Alps?
(a) On a carriage.
(b) On a horse.
(c) On an elephant.
4. Why did Roman soldiers drown in the river during the battle of Cannae?
(a) They never learned to swim.
(b) They feared water.
(c) Their armor was too heavy.
(d) The stream was too powerful.
5. What did Carthage focus on?
6. How did Carthage usually deal with military problems that arose?
(a) By closing the city and playing dead.
(b) By hiring mercenaries.
(c) By bribing the attackers.
(d) By turning to Rome for protection.
7. What did the Roman do when they liked something?
(a) They bought it.
(b) They destroyed it.
(c) They called it Roman.
(d) They copied it.
8. Why did Hannibal choose to fight with the wind in his back?
(a) So the Romanw had to fight against the wind to move.
(b) So Hannibal don't have to smell the odor of the Roman food.
(c) So the Romanw cannot use arrows.
(d) So Romanw would have sand in their eyes.
9. What was unique about the tablet Polybius studied?
(a) It was disctated by Hannibal.
(b) It was touched by Hannibal.
(c) It was forged by Hannibal.
(d) It was inscribed by Hannibal.
10. How many soldiers fought at Cannae?
11. Why was Polybius brought to Rome?
(a) Keep the Gauls under control.
(b) Keep the Celts under control.
(c) Keep the Carthagenians under control.
(d) Keep the Greeks under control.
12. What differentiated Romans and Greeks as far as religion?
(a) Romans had better name for their gods.
(b) Romans were praying during battle.
(c) Romans were more pious.
(d) Romans did not make human sacrifice.
13. What were Carthaginian's writing mostly about?
(a) Funny novels.
(b) Record of transactions.
14. How long after the battle did the survivors of the battle live by their oath?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 35 years.
15. What were gladiators originally meant for?
(a) As a way to kill Christians.
(b) Close combat training.
(c) As a way to settle disputes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much food did Hannibal's army have before the Battle of Cannae?
2. How long did those who serve in the infantry have to enlist for?
3. Why did Rome decide to destroy Carthage?
4. What was the tablet Polybius studied made of?
5. Where were the survivors of the Battle of Cannae banished to?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)