1. Where was Polybius of Megalopolis at the start of Chapter 1?
Crossing the Italian Alps.
2. How long after Hannibals's invasion of Italy does Chapter 1 start?
3. What was Polybius of Megalopolis' goal?
Write a book about Hannibal.
4. When did the battle of Cannae take place?
August 2, 216 B.C.
5. How many soldiers fought at Cannae?
6. How many Romans died at Cannae?
7. How was Publius Cornelius Scipio also known?
8. Why are historians incapable of pinpointing the site of the battle of Cannae?
Rivers and construction efforts changed the landscape.
This section contains 4,120 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)