|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 -Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What great military leader did Hannibal admire and study?
(a) The Chinese emperor.
(c) Genghis Khan.
(d) Alexander the Great.
2. Why did Roman soldiers drown in the river during the battle of Cannae?
(a) The stream was too powerful.
(b) They never learned to swim.
(c) Their armor was too heavy.
(d) They feared water.
3. What was Fabius doing while burning structures and supplies?
(a) Asked for more and more reinforcement.
(b) Detaching a small unit to arrest Hannibal.
(c) Tried to crush Hannibal.
(d) Avoided confronting Hannibal.
4. How many cavalrymen died during the Battle of Cannae?
5. Where did the war center around between 212 and 210?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Rome rebuild his army?
2. What was unique about the tablet Polybius studied?
3. When did the battle of Cannae take place?
4. Where were the Romans not victorious during the Second Punic War?
5. What was the Roman tradition when two armies came to fight together?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)