|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 -Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Scipio Aemilianus?
(a) The grandson of the one of the Roman consul in the Cannae battle.
(b) The cousin of the one of the Roman consul in the Cannae battle.
(c) The son of the one of the Roman consul in the Cannae battle.
(d) The brother of the one of the Roman consul in the Cannae battle.
2. What happened when Rome became too complacent with their troops and had trouble feeding them?
(a) They return home.
(b) They pillage a Roman village.
(c) They passed information to Hannibal.
(d) Some defected to Hannibal.
3. When was Carthage settled?
(a) 914 B.C.
(b) 714 B.C.
(c) 814 B.C.
(d) 614 B.C.
4. What did Scipio earn from the men in Sicily?
(a) A golden sword.
(c) His rank.
5. How many books did Titus Livius write?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Titus Livius's surviving books are about Cannae?
2. Who was King of Macedon at the time of the Battle of Cannae?
3. What was Polybius of Megalopolis' goal?
4. How did Carthaginians in the military rise in rank?
5. What did Hannibal's troops find in Cannae that helped them?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)