|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 -Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many horsemen did the Roman Army have?
(a) Two every 13 foot soldiers.
(b) Two every 10 foot soldiers.
(c) Two every 20 foot soldiers.
(d) Two every 5 foot soldiers.
2. Where did Hasdrubal Barca plan to meet his brother?
3. What did Hannibal do that contradicted his reputation?
(a) He did not eat meat.
(b) He never killed a prisoner.
(c) He didn't know how to read.
(d) He buried his dead enemies.
4. Why did Hannibal not seek a political solution with Rome?
(a) Hannibal said Rome didn't change during the winter.
(b) Hannibal wanted to crush Rome.
(c) Hannibal wanted to continue the war as a general.
(d) Hannibal wanted Rome to beg for peace.
5. What do historians agree on about Hannibal's troops?
(a) They were tired.
(b) They were turning against themselves.
(c) They were weak.
(d) They were hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hannibal send a force south for?
2. What did Scipio do to prove his accusers wrong?
3. How did Livy explain Publius Scipio's rise to supreme Roman commander?
4. Why was Polybius brought to Rome?
5. When was Hannibal in Carthage last?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)