|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Publius Cornelius Scipio also known?
2. How did Carthaginians in the military rise in rank?
(a) By being elected by soldiers.
(b) Using wealth and prestige.
(c) Using their skills.
(d) During games.
3. How long did those who serve in the military have to enlist for in periods of great danger?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 25 years.
4. Why did ancient historians make their work entertaining and dramatic?
(a) To be used a a recruiting tool.
(b) So it could be shared with illiterates.
(c) To children could read it.
(d) So it was interesting for school children.
5. How long did those who serve in the cavalry have to enlist for?
(a) 23 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 15 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the Roman senate was in the army going to Cannae?
2. What did Carthage focus on?
3. How long after the battle did the survivors of the battle live by their oath?
4. Where was Polybius of Megalopolis at the start of Chapter 1?
5. What did the Romans do after something failed?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)