|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could cause confusion in the Roman army?
(a) Lack of training.
(b) Having several commanders.
(c) Having new troops integrated.
(d) Using several languages.
2. How much food did Hannibal's army have before the Battle of Cannae?
(a) 20 days worth.
(b) 10 days worth.
(c) 3 days worth.
(d) 30 days worth.
3. Who was Scipio Aemilianus?
(a) The grandson of the one of the Roman consul in the Cannae battle.
(b) The brother of the one of the Roman consul in the Cannae battle.
(c) The cousin of the one of the Roman consul in the Cannae battle.
(d) The son of the one of the Roman consul in the Cannae battle.
4. Why was Polybius brought to Rome?
(a) Keep the Gauls under control.
(b) Keep the Celts under control.
(c) Keep the Greeks under control.
(d) Keep the Carthagenians under control.
5. What did archeological finds show about Carthage?
(a) It used mercenaries.
(b) It was a matriarchy.
(c) Infanticide was practiced regularly.
(d) It practiced human sacrifice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the tablet Polybius studied made of?
2. How did Carthaginians in the military rise in rank?
3. How long after Hannibals's invasion of Italy does Chapter 1 start?
4. What does Robert O'Connell describe the Punic War to?
5. What did the Roman do when they liked something?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)