|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Hannibal in Carthage last?
(a) When he was 9.
(b) When he was 5.
(c) When he was 15.
(d) When he was 19.
2. What did ancient historians believe strongly in?
(a) Their war.
(b) Their emperor.
(c) Their libraries.
(d) Their writing skills.
3. How many Roman ships were destroyed by a storm according to Polybius?
4. When was Polybius brought to Rome?
(a) 147 B.C.
(b) 167 B.C.
(c) 177 B.C.
(d) 157 B.C.
5. What was the problem with basic Roman tactics at Cannae?
(a) The tactic required more cavalery.
(b) The tactic required no river.
(c) The tactic required space which Cannae was short on.
(d) The tactic required Hannibal to have his army stand still for a few minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did those who serve in the military have to enlist for in periods of great danger?
2. How did Carthage usually deal with military problems that arose?
3. What differentiated Romans and Greeks as far as religion?
4. How long after the battle did the survivors of the battle live by their oath?
5. What did Carthage focus on?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)