|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Polybius travel the Alps?
(a) On a carriage.
(c) On an elephant.
(d) On a horse.
2. How did Carthaginians in the military rise in rank?
(a) Using wealth and prestige.
(b) Using their skills.
(c) During games.
(d) By being elected by soldiers.
3. What was the tablet Polybius studied made of?
4. Where were the survivors of the Battle of Cannae banished to?
(d) North Africa.
5. How many Roman ships were destroyed by a storm according to Polybius?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were gladiators originally meant for?
2. What did nations consider Carthaginians to be?
3. How many soldiers fought at Cannae?
4. How did Carthage usually deal with military problems that arose?
5. How long did those who serve in the infantry have to enlist for?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)