|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many assembled bodies governed Rome?
2. When was Carthage settled?
(a) 914 B.C.
(b) 814 B.C.
(c) 614 B.C.
(d) 714 B.C.
3. Where was Polybius of Megalopolis at the start of Chapter 1?
(a) Crossing the FrenchAlps.
(b) Crossing the Italian Alps.
(c) Crossing the Swiss Alps.
(d) Crossing the German Alps.
4. What was there little of in Carthage?
(b) Class conflict.
5. How was Carthage's reputation with other nations?
(a) Not very good.
(b) As an enlightened nation.
(c) As a fanatic nation.
(d) As a thief nation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was unique about the tablet Polybius studied?
2. Why did Hannibal choose to fight with the wind in his back?
3. How long did those who serve in the infantry have to enlist for?
4. How long after the battle did the survivors of the battle live by their oath?
5. What differentiated Romans and Greeks as far as religion?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)