|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was unique about the tablet Polybius studied?
(a) It was touched by Hannibal.
(b) It was disctated by Hannibal.
(c) It was forged by Hannibal.
(d) It was inscribed by Hannibal.
2. Why did Roman soldiers drown in the river during the battle of Cannae?
(a) They never learned to swim.
(b) Their armor was too heavy.
(c) The stream was too powerful.
(d) They feared water.
3. How did Carthage deal with failure?
(a) By banishing people.
(b) By using crucifiction.
(c) By demoting officer to soldier.
(d) By imposing fines.
4. How was Carthage's reputation with other nations?
(a) Not very good.
(b) As an enlightened nation.
(c) As a thief nation.
(d) As a fanatic nation.
5. How much of the Roman senate was in the army going to Cannae?
(b) All of it.
(c) A quarter to a third.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the tablet Polybius studied made of?
2. What did Hannibal likely not understand as he rose against Rome?
3. When was Hannibal in Carthage last?
4. What were Carthaginians using in battle?
5. Why are historians incapable of pinpointing the site of the battle of Cannae?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)