|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Polybius brought to Rome?
(a) Keep the Greeks under control.
(b) Keep the Gauls under control.
(c) Keep the Celts under control.
(d) Keep the Carthagenians under control.
2. Why did Hannibal choose to fight with the wind in his back?
(a) So Romanw would have sand in their eyes.
(b) So Hannibal don't have to smell the odor of the Roman food.
(c) So the Romanw cannot use arrows.
(d) So the Romanw had to fight against the wind to move.
3. Why are historians incapable of pinpointing the site of the battle of Cannae?
(a) The river dried out.
(b) No location indications are given in the texts.
(c) Maps of the area were lost.
(d) Rivers and construction efforts changed the landscape.
4. What were gladiators originally meant for?
(a) As a way to settle disputes.
(b) Close combat training.
(d) As a way to kill Christians.
5. How long did those who serve in the cavalry have to enlist for?
(a) 23 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 15 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much food did Hannibal's army have before the Battle of Cannae?
2. What was there little of in Carthage?
3. How did Carthage usually deal with military problems that arose?
4. How long after the battle did the survivors of the battle live by their oath?
5. Why did Roman soldiers drown in the river during the battle of Cannae?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)