|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Carthaginians using in battle?
2. What were gladiators originally meant for?
(a) As a way to settle disputes.
(c) Close combat training.
(d) As a way to kill Christians.
3. When did the battle of Cannae take place?
(a) August 2, 226 B.C.
(b) August 2, 236 B.C.
(c) August 2, 206 B.C.
(d) August 2, 216 B.C.
4. What did the Romans do after something failed?
(a) They tried the same thing again.
(b) They assessed the situation and learned from it.
(c) They wrote it down for future generations.
(d) They tried something else.
5. When was Carthage settled?
(a) 714 B.C.
(b) 614 B.C.
(c) 814 B.C.
(d) 914 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Carthaginians in the military rise in rank?
2. How long did those who serve in the cavalry have to enlist for?
3. How was Carthage's reputation with other nations?
4. How many of Titus Livius's surviving books are about Cannae?
5. What was the problem with basic Roman tactics at Cannae?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)