|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hannibal likely not understand as he rose against Rome?
(a) Their numbers and strength.
(b) Their resolve.
(c) Thie weapons.
(d) Their faith.
2. What did the Roman do when they liked something?
(a) They called it Roman.
(b) They bought it.
(c) They destroyed it.
(d) They copied it.
3. How did Polybius travel the Alps?
(a) On an elephant.
(c) On a carriage.
(d) On a horse.
4. What was the area where Rome was not contradicting itself?
5. What was the first sign of an invasion at Cannae according to Chapter 2?
(a) Advanced scouts.
(b) A dust cloud.
(c) Food supplies arriving 24 hours before the Roman main army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did archeological finds show about Carthage?
2. Why did Hannibal choose to fight with the wind in his back?
3. What did the tablet Polybius studied tell the story of?
4. How long did those who serve in the military have to enlist for in periods of great danger?
5. How did Carthaginians in the military rise in rank?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)