|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Nathan get accepted to spend the winter months when he was younger?
(a) Church camp.
(b) Quahsay Colony.
(c) Amish colony.
(d) Mormon camp.
2. What does Nathan's father say people read about instead of reading art?
3. What are the watercolor paintings in the living room of?
(a) A dog.
(c) An old farmhouse.
(d) The ocean.
4. Who is Betsy?
(a) Nathan's ex-girlfriend.
(b) Lonoff's daughter.
(c) Nathan's mother.
(d) Lonoff's wife.
5. What does Chaya mean?
6. Why does Lonoff have different colored paper on his desk?
(a) For different stories.
(b) For different subjects.
(c) For different drafts.
(d) He doesn't.
7. What does Lonoff leave at home during Sunday walks?
(a) His sweater.
(b) His watch.
(c) His dog.
(d) His shoes.
8. What does Amy call Lonoff?
(a) Mr. Lonoff.
9. What do Nathan's parents listen to on the radio on Sundays?
(a) Church services.
(b) Classical music.
(c) The Eternal Light.
(d) The Newark Sunday papers.
10. What type of typewriter does Lonoff have?
11. What do the neighbors call Nathan's father?
12. What year is it in Chapter 1?
13. What college are the twins supposed to graduate from in Nathan's story?
(c) Athene College.
(d) University of Chicago.
14. Who does Nathan's father contact for help in getting to a higher person for advice about Nathan's story?
(a) A cousin
(b) A brother.
(c) A grandfather.
(d) An uncle.
15. What is Nathan's father's occupation?
(a) Foot doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is pinned to Lonoff's study wall?
2. How many questions for Nathan are included with the letter?
3. Who does Nathan try to write a letter to in Lonoff's study?
4. How old was Amy when she wrote to Lonoff?
5. Who calls for Lonoff in Chapter 1?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)