|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes a college admissions letter for Nathan?
(a) Doctor Zuckerman.
(b) Judge Wapter.
2. Where is the postcard on Lonoff's desk from?
3. Who does Teddy tell Nathan's father that Nathan does not like?
4. Where does Lonoff offer to let Nathan sleep?
(a) The car.
(b) The master bedroom.
(c) The study.
(d) The den.
5. Where is Judge Wapter's wife from?
(a) North Dakota.
(b) South Dakota.
(c) North Carolina.
(d) South Carolina.
6. Where does Nathan go to be interviewed for his college admissions letter?
(a) Police station.
(b) Essex County Courthouse.
(c) His uncle's house.
(d) University of Chicago.
7. What publication writes a blurb about Nathan?
(a) New York Post.
(b) Saturday Evening Post.
(c) New York Times.
(d) Saturday Review.
8. What type of alcohol do Lonoff and Nathan drink after dinner?
9. Where did the narrator grow up?
(b) New York.
(c) Coney Island.
10. What are the watercolor paintings in the living room of?
(a) An old farmhouse.
(b) The ocean.
(c) A dog.
11. How many years are there between Lonoff's first book and his sixth book?
12. How long was Lonoff in New York?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 3 weeks.
13. What type of suit is the "great man" wearing in Chapter 1?
14. How long has Nathan let his father stew?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
15. What battleship was Sidney on, according to Nathan's story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion are Lonoff and Nathan?
2. What does Lonoff leave at home during Sunday walks?
3. Who writes a letter to Nathan at Quahsay?
4. Who is the man that the narrator is going to visit in Chapter 1?
5. What writer does Nathan connect to Lonoff?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)