|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lonoff expresses distaste about the range of his what in Chapter 1?
2. How many daughters does Lonoff have?
3. What is Hope's Moscow, according to Lonoff?
4. Where does the narrator go at the beginning of the book?
(a) The White House.
(b) The Appalachians.
(c) The Berkshires.
(d) The Adirondacks.
5. How many children do the Lonoffs have?
6. How many drafts of one short story does Amy find?
7. What do the neighbors call Nathan's father?
8. Which branch of the military did the narrator serve in?
(c) National Guard.
9. What is playing in Hope's kitchen?
(a) A CD player.
(b) A tape player.
(c) A Mixmaster.
(d) A phonograph.
10. What does Nathan want from Lonoff in Chapter 1?
(a) Publishing rights.
(b) A place to stay.
(c) Moral sponsorship.
11. What kind of validation does Nathan want from Lonoff?
12. Why does Lonoff have different colored paper on his desk?
(a) For different stories.
(b) He doesn't.
(c) For different drafts.
(d) For different subjects.
13. What kind of car does Amy drive?
14. What is Nathan's father's occupation?
(b) Foot doctor.
15. What is the subject of the paper Nathan takes with him on his interview?
(b) Declaration of Independence.
(c) International Relations.
(d) Balfour Declaration.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pages is "Higher Education"?
2. Who does Nathan's father contact for help in getting to a higher person for advice about Nathan's story?
3. Where is Judge Wapter's wife from?
4. What is pinned to Lonoff's study wall?
5. In the quote in Lonoff's study, "the rest is the madness of" what?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)