|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What writer does Nathan connect to Lonoff?
(a) Isaac Babel.
2. Where does Lonoff offer to let Nathan sleep?
(a) The car.
(b) The master bedroom.
(c) The den.
(d) The study.
3. Who does Nathan's father contact for help in getting to a higher person for advice about Nathan's story?
(a) A cousin
(b) An uncle.
(c) A brother.
(d) A grandfather.
4. Who calls Nathan at Quahsay?
(a) His mother.
(b) Judge Wapter.
(d) His father.
5. Who does Nathan try to write a letter to in Lonoff's study?
(d) His father.
6. Where is the postcard on Lonoff's desk from?
7. Who is the city's first Jewish mayor?
(a) E.I. Lonoff.
(b) Meyer Ellenstein.
(c) Doctor Zuckerman.
(d) Leopold Wapter.
8. What type of typewriter does Lonoff have?
9. What type of philosophy does Lonoff have an abundance of?
10. What are the watercolor paintings in the living room of?
(b) The ocean.
(c) A dog.
(d) An old farmhouse.
11. Who does Teddy tell Nathan's father that Nathan does not like?
12. Where does the narrator live?
(a) Long Island.
(b) Lower Broadway.
13. How many children do the Lonoffs have?
14. What is the subject of the paper Nathan takes with him on his interview?
(a) Balfour Declaration.
(c) Declaration of Independence.
(d) International Relations.
15. What battleship was Sidney on, according to Nathan's story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What college did Nathan attend?
2. What college are the twins supposed to graduate from in Nathan's story?
3. How many daughters does Lonoff have?
4. What do Lonoff's friends call him?
5. How long have Nathan and his father not been speaking in Chapter 1?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)