|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lonoff leave at home during Sunday walks?
(a) His dog.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His watch.
(d) His sweater.
2. What book contains the only photograph of Lonoff?
(a) The Ghost Writer.
(b) It's your Funeral.
(c) When She Was Good.
(d) Higher Education.
3. How long have Nathan and his father not been speaking in Chapter 1?
(a) Five years.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Five days.
(d) Five months.
4. Where is the postcard on Lonoff's desk from?
5. What type of alcohol do Lonoff and Nathan drink after dinner?
6. What does Chaya mean?
7. What is Nathan's father's occupation?
(d) Foot doctor.
8. What year is it in Chapter 1?
9. Who calls Nathan at Quahsay?
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) Judge Wapter.
10. Why does Lonoff have different colored paper on his desk?
(a) For different subjects.
(b) For different drafts.
(c) He doesn't.
(d) For different stories.
11. Nathan's girlfriend characterizes his apartment as the home of what?
(a) A corrupt politician.
(b) A lonely priest.
(c) An unchaste monk.
(d) A teenage boy.
12. What coursework is Nathan's brother completing?
13. What religion are Lonoff and Nathan?
14. What does Nathan stare at, in Lonoff's study?
(a) His bench.
(b) His bed.
(c) The wall.
(d) His desk.
15. To what animal does Nathan compare his parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the college boys call the overseer?
2. Who is the overseer at Nathan's day job?
3. What does Nathan want from Lonoff in Chapter 1?
4. How old was Amy when she wrote to Lonoff?
5. Who can play Chopin well?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)