|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the man that the narrator is going to visit in Chapter 1?
(a) E.I. Lonoff.
(b) Nathan Zuckerman.
(c) Dr. Zuckerman.
(d) Otto Frank.
2. What kind of car does Amy drive?
3. What coursework is Nathan's brother completing?
4. What college are the twins supposed to graduate from in Nathan's story?
(a) University of Chicago.
(c) Athene College.
5. Who calls for Lonoff in Chapter 1?
(a) The genius.
(d) Judge Wapter.
6. What college did Nathan attend?
(a) University of Wisconsin.
(b) University of Chicago.
(c) University of Indiana.
(d) University of Illinois.
7. What month does the narrator reference in the opening of Chapter 1?
8. Who calls Nathan at Quahsay?
(b) Judge Wapter.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
9. What poet does Chopin's work get compared to in Lonoff's study?
10. What do the college boys call the overseer?
(a) Mammon's Moses.
(b) God's Moses.
(c) Jesus' Moses.
(d) Moses' Moses.
11. Where does the narrator go at the beginning of the book?
(a) The Adirondacks.
(b) The Berkshires.
(c) The Appalachians.
(d) The White House.
12. What does Amy call Lonoff?
(d) Mr. Lonoff.
13. Where is the postcard on Lonoff's desk from?
14. How many daughters does Lonoff have?
15. What is pinned to Lonoff's study wall?
(a) A calendar and music.
(b) A calendar and note cards.
(c) Note cards and pictures.
(d) Pictures and a calendar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lonoff expresses distaste about the range of his what in Chapter 1?
2. What is the subject of the paper Nathan takes with him on his interview?
3. Who is Nathan's father's moral mentor?
4. What year is it in Chapter 1?
5. How many questions for Nathan are included with the letter?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)