|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chaya mean?
2. What kind of validation does Nathan want from Lonoff?
3. What is the subject of the paper Nathan takes with him on his interview?
(a) Balfour Declaration.
(c) International Relations.
(d) Declaration of Independence.
4. What award did Lonoff's sixth book win?
(a) Caldecott Award.
(b) National Book Award.
(c) Newberry Award.
(d) Pulitzer Prize.
5. To what animal does Nathan compare his parents?
6. How many times does Nathan read "The Middle Years"?
7. How long was Lonoff in New York?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 3 days.
8. Lonoff expresses distaste about the range of his what in Chapter 1?
9. How long have Nathan and his father not been speaking in Chapter 1?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Five years.
(c) Five days.
(d) Five months.
10. Where does the narrator live?
(b) Long Island.
(d) Lower Broadway.
11. What kind of car does Amy drive?
12. To what animal does Nathan's father compare Sidney?
(a) A dog.
(b) A duck.
(c) An ape.
(d) A horse.
13. In the quote in Lonoff's study, "the rest is the madness of" what?
14. What is the title of Nathan's story?
(a) Higher Education.
(b) The Ghost Writer.
(c) Aspects of the Novel.
(d) The Middle Years.
15. What coursework is Nathan's brother completing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Judge Wapter's wife from?
2. How long is Nathan's short story that he references in Chapter 2?
3. What type of Jew is Judge Wapter?
4. What book contains the only photograph of Lonoff?
5. How does Nathan want his parents to feel about him when he sends them the story?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)