|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Nathan's short story that he references in Chapter 2?
(a) 15,000 words.
(b) 20,000 words.
(c) 10,00 words.
(d) 15,000 pages.
2. Where do some people think Lonoff was writing from?
3. What does Lonoff say he turns all day?
4. What kind of car does Amy drive?
5. Where did Nathan and his brother go to watch prize fights?
(a) Laurel Garden.
(b) United Center.
(c) Coney Island.
(d) Madison Square Garden.
6. Who is Betsy?
(a) Nathan's mother.
(b) Lonoff's wife.
(c) Lonoff's daughter.
(d) Nathan's ex-girlfriend.
7. How many drafts of one short story does Amy find?
8. How many children do the Lonoffs have?
9. What year is it in Chapter 1?
10. Who does Teddy tell Nathan's father that Nathan does not like?
11. What is pinned to Lonoff's study wall?
(a) Pictures and a calendar.
(b) A calendar and note cards.
(c) Note cards and pictures.
(d) A calendar and music.
12. Who is the city's first Jewish mayor?
(a) Doctor Zuckerman.
(b) E.I. Lonoff.
(c) Leopold Wapter.
(d) Meyer Ellenstein.
13. How many times does Nathan read "The Middle Years"?
14. Who writes a letter to Nathan at Quahsay?
(b) Hope Lonoff.
(c) His mother.
(d) Judge Wapter.
15. What is the subject of the paper Nathan takes with him on his interview?
(a) International Relations.
(b) Balfour Declaration.
(d) Declaration of Independence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the neighbors call Nathan's father?
2. What type of typewriter does Lonoff have?
3. What does Amy call Lonoff?
4. Where did Nathan get accepted to spend the winter months when he was younger?
5. Where does Amy work?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)