|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many drafts of one short story does Amy find?
2. Where did the narrator grow up?
(c) New York.
(d) Coney Island.
3. How long was Lonoff in New York?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 3 weeks.
4. Who is the man that the narrator is going to visit in Chapter 1?
(a) Otto Frank.
(b) E.I. Lonoff.
(c) Nathan Zuckerman.
(d) Dr. Zuckerman.
5. In the quote in Lonoff's study, "the rest is the madness of" what?
6. Where does Amy work?
(a) The Harvard library.
(b) The Athene library.
(c) The Stanford library.
(d) The Library of Congress.
7. What Norwegian writer is referenced in the letter?
(d) Henrik Ibsen.
8. Where did Nathan get accepted to spend the winter months when he was younger?
(a) Amish colony.
(b) Mormon camp.
(c) Church camp.
(d) Quahsay Colony.
9. Who writes a letter to Nathan at Quahsay?
(a) Hope Lonoff.
(b) His mother.
(d) Judge Wapter.
10. What poet does Chopin's work get compared to in Lonoff's study?
11. What is the title of Nathan's story?
(a) Aspects of the Novel.
(b) The Ghost Writer.
(c) The Middle Years.
(d) Higher Education.
12. What is Hope's Moscow, according to Lonoff?
13. Nathan's girlfriend characterizes his apartment as the home of what?
(a) A lonely priest.
(b) An unchaste monk.
(c) A teenage boy.
(d) A corrupt politician.
14. Who wrote "The Middle Years"?
(a) Henry James.
15. How many questions for Nathan are included with the letter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the city's first Jewish mayor?
2. How many times does Nathan read "The Middle Years"?
3. What are the watercolor paintings in the living room of?
4. What is playing in Hope's kitchen?
5. What publication writes a blurb about Nathan?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)