|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many drafts of one short story does Amy find?
2. What job does Nathan do three days a week?
(a) Sell magazine subscriptions.
(b) Sell lawn care services.
(c) Sell vacuum cleaners.
(d) Sell self-help books.
3. Where is Judge Wapter's wife from?
(a) South Carolina.
(b) South Dakota.
(c) North Dakota.
(d) North Carolina.
4. What is Hope's Moscow, according to Lonoff?
5. Who is the man that the narrator is going to visit in Chapter 1?
(a) Otto Frank.
(b) Nathan Zuckerman.
(c) E.I. Lonoff.
(d) Dr. Zuckerman.
6. What school does Lonoff teach at?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Athene College.
(c) University of Chicago.
(d) Berkshires College.
7. Where do some people think Lonoff was writing from?
8. How long has Nathan let his father stew?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
9. What writer does Nathan connect to Lonoff?
(b) Isaac Babel.
10. What month does the narrator reference in the opening of Chapter 1?
11. Why does Lonoff have different colored paper on his desk?
(a) For different subjects.
(b) For different drafts.
(c) He doesn't.
(d) For different stories.
12. What Norwegian writer is referenced in the letter?
(c) Henrik Ibsen.
13. Who is the city's first Jewish mayor?
(a) Meyer Ellenstein.
(b) E.I. Lonoff.
(c) Leopold Wapter.
(d) Doctor Zuckerman.
14. What is Nathan's father's occupation?
(b) Foot doctor.
15. Lonoff expresses distaste about the range of his what in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of typewriter does Lonoff have?
2. What do the neighbors call Nathan's father?
3. Who wrote "The Middle Years"?
4. What does Lonoff leave at home during Sunday walks?
5. What play does the letter suggest Nathan see?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)