|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of validation does Nathan want from Lonoff?
2. What is pinned to Lonoff's study wall?
(a) Note cards and pictures.
(b) Pictures and a calendar.
(c) A calendar and music.
(d) A calendar and note cards.
3. How many years are there between Lonoff's first book and his sixth book?
4. What publication writes a blurb about Nathan?
(a) New York Post.
(b) New York Times.
(c) Saturday Review.
(d) Saturday Evening Post.
5. How many times does Nathan read "The Middle Years"?
6. Where does Lonoff tell Nathan that Amy is from?
7. What play does the letter suggest Nathan see?
(a) A Streetcar Named Desire.
(b) The Diary of Anne Frank.
(c) A Doll's House.
8. Who calls Nathan at Quahsay?
(a) His mother.
(b) Judge Wapter.
(c) His father.
9. Who writes a college admissions letter for Nathan?
(a) Doctor Zuckerman.
(b) Judge Wapter.
10. Where do some people think Lonoff was writing from?
11. What battleship was Sidney on, according to Nathan's story?
12. Lonoff expresses distaste about the range of his what in Chapter 1?
13. Who does Nathan's father contact for help in getting to a higher person for advice about Nathan's story?
(a) A brother.
(b) A grandfather.
(c) A cousin
(d) An uncle.
14. Who calls for Lonoff in Chapter 1?
(a) The genius.
(d) Judge Wapter.
15. How long has Nathan let his father stew?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the house, according to the narrator, in Chapter 1?
2. What college are the twins supposed to graduate from in Nathan's story?
3. Who is Betsy?
4. What does Amy call Lonoff?
5. What type of philosophy does Lonoff have an abundance of?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)