|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school does Lonoff teach at?
(a) Athene College.
(b) Berkshires College.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) University of Chicago.
2. Where is the postcard on Lonoff's desk from?
3. What type of typewriter does Lonoff have?
4. What do Lonoff's friends call him?
5. Who is the city's first Jewish mayor?
(a) Doctor Zuckerman.
(b) Meyer Ellenstein.
(c) E.I. Lonoff.
(d) Leopold Wapter.
6. How does Nathan want his parents to feel about him when he sends them the story?
7. What does Betsy do for her art?
8. Where did Nathan and his brother go to watch prize fights?
(a) Laurel Garden.
(b) Madison Square Garden.
(c) United Center.
(d) Coney Island.
9. What is playing in Hope's kitchen?
(a) A Mixmaster.
(b) A CD player.
(c) A phonograph.
(d) A tape player.
10. Who is the man that the narrator is going to visit in Chapter 1?
(a) Dr. Zuckerman.
(b) Otto Frank.
(c) Nathan Zuckerman.
(d) E.I. Lonoff.
11. What type of philosophy does Lonoff have an abundance of?
12. What does Chaya mean?
13. What do the college boys call the overseer?
(a) Mammon's Moses.
(b) God's Moses.
(c) Jesus' Moses.
(d) Moses' Moses.
14. How old was Amy when she wrote to Lonoff?
15. How many years are there between Lonoff's first book and his sixth book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lonoff have different colored paper on his desk?
2. How many pages is "Higher Education"?
3. Where does Amy work?
4. How long was Lonoff in New York?
5. What battleship was Sidney on, according to Nathan's story?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)