|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have Nathan and his father not been speaking in Chapter 1?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Five months.
(c) Five years.
(d) Five days.
2. Where does the narrator go at the beginning of the book?
(a) The Berkshires.
(b) The White House.
(c) The Adirondacks.
(d) The Appalachians.
3. Where does Amy work?
(a) The Athene library.
(b) The Library of Congress.
(c) The Harvard library.
(d) The Stanford library.
4. To what animal does Nathan compare his parents?
5. What does Chaya mean?
6. In the quote in Lonoff's study, "the rest is the madness of" what?
7. Who does Teddy tell Nathan's father that Nathan does not like?
8. How long was Lonoff in New York?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 3 months.
9. How many daughters does Lonoff have?
10. Who does Nathan try to write a letter to in Lonoff's study?
(c) His father.
11. How long has Nathan let his father stew?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
12. To what animal does Nathan's father compare Sidney?
(a) A duck.
(b) A dog.
(c) An ape.
(d) A horse.
13. What type of typewriter does Lonoff have?
14. What is the title of Nathan's story?
(a) The Ghost Writer.
(b) The Middle Years.
(c) Aspects of the Novel.
(d) Higher Education.
15. Who is Nathan's father's moral mentor?
(a) Judge Wapter.
(b) Otto Frank.
(c) Father Quahsay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which branch of the military did the narrator serve in?
2. Where is Judge Wapter's wife from?
3. Where does Lonoff tell Nathan that Amy is from?
4. What coursework is Nathan's brother completing?
5. What play does the letter suggest Nathan see?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)