|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What coursework is Nathan's brother completing?
2. How does Nathan want his parents to feel about him when he sends them the story?
3. How many pages is "Higher Education"?
(a) 30 pages.
(b) 100 pages.
(c) 75 pages.
(d) 50 pages.
4. What do the college boys call the overseer?
(a) Jesus' Moses.
(b) Moses' Moses.
(c) God's Moses.
(d) Mammon's Moses.
5. What is Nathan's father's occupation?
(a) Foot doctor.
6. What does Lonoff leave at home during Sunday walks?
(a) His watch.
(b) His sweater.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His dog.
7. What kind of validation does Nathan want from Lonoff?
8. Who does Nathan's father seek out for advice on Nathan's short story?
(a) Mayor Ellenstein.
(b) Judge Wapter.
(d) Rabbi Prinz.
9. Where does Amy work?
(a) The Stanford library.
(b) The Harvard library.
(c) The Athene library.
(d) The Library of Congress.
10. What does Chaya mean?
11. How is Nathan getting to New York from his parents' house?
12. Where do some people think Lonoff was writing from?
13. What is Hope's Moscow, according to Lonoff?
14. Where did the narrator grow up?
(a) Coney Island.
(c) New York.
15. How long have Nathan and his father not been speaking in Chapter 1?
(a) Five years.
(b) Five days.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Five months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man that the narrator is going to visit in Chapter 1?
2. Where did Nathan and his brother go to watch prize fights?
3. What award did Lonoff's sixth book win?
4. Who is Nathan's father's moral mentor?
5. What kind of car does Amy drive?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)