|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Judge Wapter's wife from?
(a) South Carolina.
(b) North Dakota.
(c) North Carolina.
(d) South Dakota.
2. How many children do the Lonoffs have?
3. Where did Nathan and his brother go to watch prize fights?
(a) Laurel Garden.
(b) Coney Island.
(c) United Center.
(d) Madison Square Garden.
4. What type of Jew is Judge Wapter?
5. Who is the city's first Jewish mayor?
(a) Meyer Ellenstein.
(b) E.I. Lonoff.
(c) Doctor Zuckerman.
(d) Leopold Wapter.
6. Where does Amy work?
(a) The Library of Congress.
(b) The Harvard library.
(c) The Stanford library.
(d) The Athene library.
7. What do the college boys call the overseer?
(a) God's Moses.
(b) Mammon's Moses.
(c) Moses' Moses.
(d) Jesus' Moses.
8. What is pinned to Lonoff's study wall?
(a) Pictures and a calendar.
(b) Note cards and pictures.
(c) A calendar and note cards.
(d) A calendar and music.
9. What type of philosophy does Lonoff have an abundance of?
10. Why does Lonoff have different colored paper on his desk?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) For different subjects.
(c) For different stories.
(d) For different drafts.
11. What religion are Lonoff and Nathan?
12. Who can play Chopin well?
13. Who does Teddy tell Nathan's father that Nathan does not like?
14. How does Nathan want his parents to feel about him when he sends them the story?
15. What does Nathan want from Lonoff in Chapter 1?
(a) A place to stay.
(b) Publishing rights.
(d) Moral sponsorship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes a letter to Nathan at Quahsay?
2. What does Amy call Lonoff?
3. What do Nathan's parents listen to on the radio on Sundays?
4. Who is Betsy?
5. What type of typewriter does Lonoff have?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)