|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the city's first Jewish mayor?
(a) Doctor Zuckerman.
(b) Meyer Ellenstein.
(c) E.I. Lonoff.
(d) Leopold Wapter.
2. What type of philosophy does Lonoff have an abundance of?
3. Where did the narrator grow up?
(b) New York.
(c) Coney Island.
4. Where does Lonoff tell Nathan that Amy is from?
5. Who does Nathan's father contact for help in getting to a higher person for advice about Nathan's story?
(a) A grandfather.
(b) A cousin
(c) An uncle.
(d) A brother.
6. How long has Nathan let his father stew?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 6 weeks.
7. What does Nathan's father say people read about instead of reading art?
8. What Norwegian writer is referenced in the letter?
(b) Henrik Ibsen.
9. What poet does Chopin's work get compared to in Lonoff's study?
10. Where did Nathan and his brother go to watch prize fights?
(a) Laurel Garden.
(b) United Center.
(c) Coney Island.
(d) Madison Square Garden.
11. What does Chaya mean?
12. Where does Nathan go to be interviewed for his college admissions letter?
(a) His uncle's house.
(b) Police station.
(c) University of Chicago.
(d) Essex County Courthouse.
13. What type of Jew is Judge Wapter?
14. How many questions for Nathan are included with the letter?
15. Who writes a college admissions letter for Nathan?
(b) Judge Wapter.
(d) Doctor Zuckerman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of alcohol do Lonoff and Nathan drink after dinner?
2. What college are the twins supposed to graduate from in Nathan's story?
3. What do Lonoff's friends call him?
4. How many drafts of one short story does Amy find?
5. Who writes a letter to Nathan at Quahsay?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)