|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many questions for Nathan are included with the letter?
2. How many years are there between Lonoff's first book and his sixth book?
3. What game does Sidney teach Nathan and his brother?
(a) Rolling dice.
4. What does Nathan's father say people read about instead of reading art?
5. Where does the narrator go at the beginning of the book?
(a) The Appalachians.
(b) The Adirondacks.
(c) The Berkshires.
(d) The White House.
6. Who does Nathan's father contact for help in getting to a higher person for advice about Nathan's story?
(a) A brother.
(b) A cousin
(c) An uncle.
(d) A grandfather.
7. What is Nathan's father's occupation?
(d) Foot doctor.
8. What do Lonoff's friends call him?
9. What is pinned to Lonoff's study wall?
(a) Pictures and a calendar.
(b) A calendar and note cards.
(c) Note cards and pictures.
(d) A calendar and music.
10. What do the neighbors call Nathan's father?
11. What Norwegian writer is referenced in the letter?
(a) Henrik Ibsen.
12. What play does the letter suggest Nathan see?
(a) A Streetcar Named Desire.
(b) A Doll's House.
(d) The Diary of Anne Frank.
13. What type of typewriter does Lonoff have?
14. What battleship was Sidney on, according to Nathan's story?
15. What year is it in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man that the narrator is going to visit in Chapter 1?
2. What does Chaya mean?
3. Who wrote "The Middle Years"?
4. Who does Nathan try to write a letter to in Lonoff's study?
5. What does Nathan's family eat at Sunday brunch?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)