|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many questions for Nathan are included with the letter?
2. What does Lonoff say he turns all day?
3. How many daughters does Lonoff have?
4. How many times does Nathan read "The Middle Years"?
5. How often do the buses stop at Elizabeth Ave?
(a) Every hour.
(b) Every half-hour.
(c) Every 2 hours.
(d) Every 15 minutes.
6. What game does Sidney teach Nathan and his brother?
(d) Rolling dice.
7. How long is Nathan's short story that he references in Chapter 2?
(a) 15,000 words.
(b) 10,00 words.
(c) 20,000 words.
(d) 15,000 pages.
8. What school does Lonoff teach at?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Athene College.
(c) Berkshires College.
(d) University of Chicago.
9. What is playing in Hope's kitchen?
(a) A CD player.
(b) A phonograph.
(c) A tape player.
(d) A Mixmaster.
10. Where do some people think Lonoff was writing from?
11. Where does Amy work?
(a) The Stanford library.
(b) The Library of Congress.
(c) The Harvard library.
(d) The Athene library.
12. What Norwegian writer is referenced in the letter?
(a) Henrik Ibsen.
13. Lonoff expresses distaste about the range of his what in Chapter 1?
14. What does Nathan's father say people read about instead of reading art?
15. Who is Meema Chaya?
(a) Nathan's grandmother.
(b) Nathan's aunt.
(c) Nathan's great-aunt.
(d) Nathan's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many drafts of one short story does Amy find?
2. Nathan's girlfriend characterizes his apartment as the home of what?
3. What kind of car does Amy drive?
4. What does Amy call Lonoff?
5. What does Nathan want from Lonoff in Chapter 1?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)