|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Nathan's father's moral mentor?
(a) Otto Frank.
(b) Judge Wapter.
(c) Father Quahsay.
2. How many daughters does Lonoff have?
3. Who writes a letter to Nathan at Quahsay?
(b) His mother.
(c) Judge Wapter.
(d) Hope Lonoff.
4. Who is Meema Chaya?
(a) Nathan's grandmother.
(b) Nathan's great-aunt.
(c) Nathan's aunt.
(d) Nathan's cousin.
5. What is Nathan's father's occupation?
(d) Foot doctor.
6. What does Nathan want from Lonoff in Chapter 1?
(b) Publishing rights.
(c) Moral sponsorship.
(d) A place to stay.
7. Who writes a college admissions letter for Nathan?
(c) Judge Wapter.
(d) Doctor Zuckerman.
8. How long has Nathan let his father stew?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
9. Who does Nathan's father contact for help in getting to a higher person for advice about Nathan's story?
(a) An uncle.
(b) A grandfather.
(c) A cousin
(d) A brother.
10. To what animal does Nathan's father compare Sidney?
(a) A duck.
(b) A horse.
(c) An ape.
(d) A dog.
11. How does Nathan want his parents to feel about him when he sends them the story?
12. What year is it in Chapter 1?
13. What Norwegian writer is referenced in the letter?
(a) Henrik Ibsen.
14. What play does the letter suggest Nathan see?
(a) A Streetcar Named Desire.
(b) The Diary of Anne Frank.
(c) A Doll's House.
15. Where did Nathan get accepted to spend the winter months when he was younger?
(a) Amish colony.
(b) Quahsay Colony.
(c) Church camp.
(d) Mormon camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Nathan and his brother go to watch prize fights?
2. What type of Jew is Judge Wapter?
3. How is Nathan getting to New York from his parents' house?
4. Who is the city's first Jewish mayor?
5. What game does Sidney teach Nathan and his brother?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)