|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of validation does Nathan want from Lonoff?
2. Who calls Nathan at Quahsay?
(a) His father.
(b) Judge Wapter.
(d) His mother.
3. What school does Lonoff teach at?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Athene College.
(c) University of Chicago.
(d) Berkshires College.
4. Where do some people think Lonoff was writing from?
5. Who is the man that the narrator is going to visit in Chapter 1?
(a) Nathan Zuckerman.
(b) E.I. Lonoff.
(c) Dr. Zuckerman.
(d) Otto Frank.
6. What battleship was Sidney on, according to Nathan's story?
7. How old was Amy when she wrote to Lonoff?
8. Who is Nathan's father's moral mentor?
(a) Otto Frank.
(c) Father Quahsay.
(d) Judge Wapter.
9. How old is the house, according to the narrator, in Chapter 1?
(a) 300 years.
(b) 400 years.
(c) 200 years.
(d) 100 years.
10. Where did Nathan and his brother go to watch prize fights?
(a) United Center.
(b) Coney Island.
(c) Madison Square Garden.
(d) Laurel Garden.
11. Who does Nathan try to write a letter to in Lonoff's study?
(a) His father.
12. What coursework is Nathan's brother completing?
13. What type of Jew is Judge Wapter?
14. What does Betsy do for her art?
15. Which branch of the military did the narrator serve in?
(a) National Guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lonoff tell Nathan that Amy is from?
2. Where does Amy work?
3. What does Amy call Lonoff?
4. Where did the narrator grow up?
5. Who does Teddy tell Nathan's father that Nathan does not like?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)