Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While ill, how does Dr. Rivers get news of the war?
2. Does Dr. Rivers plan to interfere with Emele's crouching stance?
3. What does Emele need to be successful in order to end her crouching?
4. What wakes Dr. Rivers from his dream state in Part 2, Chapter 10?
5. Where does Dr. Rivers dream of in Part 3, Chapter 14?
Essay Topic 1
World War I motivates everything that happens within The Ghost Road.
1) What are some obvious ways the characters are affected by war? What are more subtle ways?
2) Which character is the most affected by the war? The least?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of responsibility and how it affects the characters is The Ghost Road.
1) Who does Dr. Rivers feel responsible for? Why?
2) How does Billy's sense of responsibility grow and develop throughout the novel?
3) What is the war responsible for?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the civilization at Eddystone and its customs to the modern-day customs practiced by those in The Ghost Road.
1) What do the two civilizations have in common? What are their differences?
2) What could the civilizations learn from each other?
3) Does Dr. Rivers use the insight he gained from his time in Eddystone? If so, how?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)