|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes Dr. Rivers from his dream state in Part 2, Chapter 10?
2. How much longer does Billy think the war will continue?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 15, who does Billy live with that he knew in the past?
4. What song does Billy hear sung in Part 2, Chapter 11?
5. Where does Part 2, Chapter 13 take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is with Hallett during his death?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how does Billy describe his living conditions and why does this bother him?
3. Describe the cave visited by Dr. Rivers after Ngea's death.
4. Why is Billy reminded of Craiglockhart in Part 3, Chapter 15?
5. After Ngea's seance, what is left on Dr. Rivers's pillow? What does it signify?
6. What is headhunting?
7. What is ironic about Billy's death?
8. What are many of Dr. Rivers's patients seeing in Part 3, Chapter 16?
9. Based on Billy's diary, describe a typical day in France for Billy.
10. Describe what happens in Dr. Rivers dream in Part 2, Chapter 12, when the conch shell is blown.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
World War I motivates everything that happens within The Ghost Road.
1) What are some obvious ways the characters are affected by war? What are more subtle ways?
2) Which character is the most affected by the war? The least?
Essay Topic 2
Citing examples from the text, create an argument for or against the following statement:
"Through death, Billy received his comeuppance for not appreciating his life."
Essay Topic 3
War is not just a backdrop event in The Ghost Road, it is also a metaphor for the many wars the characters fight within. Analyze the metaphorical wars that are fought by the following characters:
- Dr. Rivers.
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)