|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While ill, how does Dr. Rivers get news of the war?
2. Does Dr. Rivers plan to interfere with Emele's crouching stance?
3. What does Emele need to be successful in order to end her crouching?
4. What wakes Dr. Rivers from his dream state in Part 2, Chapter 10?
5. Where does Dr. Rivers dream of in Part 3, Chapter 14?
Essay Topic 1
Family influence is frequently referenced in The Ghost Road.
1) How does Billy's family influence his life? How does Sarah's family influence her? How does Dr. Rivers family influence him?
2) Are family's portrayed in a consistent fashion in The Ghost Road? If not, whose family is unique?
3) How does family affect the choices made by the characters in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Confusion about the future is a theme that many readers can relate to. Analyze the use of this theme throughout the story.
1) Does the war cause confusion about the future? For who? In what way?
2) The character Billy might have been confused about his future even if there was not a war. Why?
3) How does Billy's confusion about the future lead to his downfall?
Essay Topic 3
War is not just a backdrop event in The Ghost Road, it is also a metaphor for the many wars the characters fight within. Analyze the metaphorical wars that are fought by the following characters:
- Dr. Rivers.
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)