Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While ill, how does Dr. Rivers get news of the war?
2. Does Dr. Rivers plan to interfere with Emele's crouching stance?
3. What does Emele need to be successful in order to end her crouching?
4. What wakes Dr. Rivers from his dream state in Part 2, Chapter 10?
5. Where does Dr. Rivers dream of in Part 3, Chapter 14?
Essay Topic 1
Dr. Rivers tells much of his story through a dream state, induced by a flu fever.
1) What is the focus of Dr. Rivers's dreams?
2) Who appears in his dreams?
3) Do his dreams provide him any sort of comfort or resolution? If not, what do they accomplish?
Essay Topic 2
Billy's is clear on what he does not want to do with his life, but less clear on what he does want to do.
1) What does Billy not want to do with his life?
2) What does Billy choose to do instead? How does this choice help him grow as a person? What responsibilities does it offer?
3) What positive character traits develop in Billy, due to this final experience in the war?
Essay Topic 3
Family influence is frequently referenced in The Ghost Road.
1) How does Billy's family influence his life? How does Sarah's family influence her? How does Dr. Rivers family influence him?
2) Are family's portrayed in a consistent fashion in The Ghost Road? If not, whose family is unique?
3) How does family affect the choices made by the characters in the novel?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)