|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what type of weapons do Billy's battalion fear they will march against?
2. What does the Marshall-of-the-Ten-Wounds plan to build?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 15, who does Billy live with that he knew in the past?
4. Who dies at the end of Part 3, Chapter 18?
5. What is cooked over the fire at Ngea's death celebration?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Billy's state of mind in Part 2, Chapter 13?
2. Describe Dr. Rivers's dream about his sister Catherine in Part 2, Chapter 12.
3. Describe Dr. Rivers's response in his feverish dreams to Emele's mourning.
4. Who is with Hallett during his death?
5. What is ironic about Billy's death?
6. What smell brings Billy joy and why?
7. Why is Billy reminded of Craiglockhart in Part 3, Chapter 15?
8. Describe the cave visited by Dr. Rivers after Ngea's death.
9. What are some negatives that Billy experiences in Part 2, Chapter 13?
10. What is headhunting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Citing examples from the text, create an argument for or against the following statement:
"Through death, Billy received his comeuppance for not appreciating his life."
Essay Topic 2
Dr. Rivers tells much of his story through a dream state, induced by a flu fever.
1) What is the focus of Dr. Rivers's dreams?
2) Who appears in his dreams?
3) Do his dreams provide him any sort of comfort or resolution? If not, what do they accomplish?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the civilization at Eddystone and its customs to the modern-day customs practiced by those in The Ghost Road.
1) What do the two civilizations have in common? What are their differences?
2) What could the civilizations learn from each other?
3) Does Dr. Rivers use the insight he gained from his time in Eddystone? If so, how?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)