|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the second most powerful chief in Eddystone?
2. What does Emele need to be successful in order to end her crouching?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what type of weapons do Billy's battalion fear they will march against?
4. When does Emele leave the mourning hut?
5. What happens to Longstaffe in Part 2, Chapter 13?
Essay Topic 1
Billy's attitude towards life eventually leads to his death.
1) Why does Billy want to return to France?
2) How does Billy feel about life in the beginning of The Ghost Road? By the end?
3) Does Billy regret his decision to return to war?
Essay Topic 2
World War I motivates everything that happens within The Ghost Road.
1) What are some obvious ways the characters are affected by war? What are more subtle ways?
2) Which character is the most affected by the war? The least?
Essay Topic 3
Tension is a driving force behind The Ghost Road. Analyze the use of tension in the novel.
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)