Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While ill, how does Dr. Rivers get news of the war?
2. Does Dr. Rivers plan to interfere with Emele's crouching stance?
3. What does Emele need to be successful in order to end her crouching?
4. What wakes Dr. Rivers from his dream state in Part 2, Chapter 10?
5. Where does Dr. Rivers dream of in Part 3, Chapter 14?
Dr. Rivers suffered through an unhappy, but privileged childhood.
1) Analyze how Dr. Rivers's childhood experiences led to his desire to help others.
2) Does Dr. Rivers feel like a success? Why or why not?
3) How does dwelling on the past prevent Dr. Rivers from living in the present?
Compare and contrast the civilization at Eddystone and its customs to the modern-day customs practiced by those in The Ghost Road.
1) What do the two civilizations have in common? What are their differences?
2) What could the civilizations learn from each other?
3) Does Dr. Rivers use the insight he gained from his time in Eddystone? If so, how?
Citing examples from the text, create an argument for or against the following statement:
"Through death, Billy received his comeuppance for not appreciating his life."
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)