|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Njiru meet Dr. Rivers?
2. Why doesn't Dr. Rivers want Billy to return to war?
3. In Bradford, what type of woman does Billy meet?
4. Who does Mitchell question Billy in front of?
5. Who surprises Billy in Part 1, Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Billy and Elinor are in bed, what does Billy struggle with?
2. When Billy learns he's returning to France, what is his reaction?
3. How does Dr. Rivers's treatment of Moffet make Dr. Rivers feel? Why?
4. What is the initial result of Dr. Rivers getting the flu?
5. Explain the health problem Wansbeck suffers from.
6. What happens to Moffet when feeling returns to his legs?
7. Explain the speech impediment Dr. Rivers had as a youth and what caused it.
8. What is significant about Billy's reunion with Hallet?
9. Describe Billy's feelings for Sarah.
10. Where do Billy and Dr. Rivers meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Family influence is frequently referenced in The Ghost Road.
1) How does Billy's family influence his life? How does Sarah's family influence her? How does Dr. Rivers family influence him?
2) Are family's portrayed in a consistent fashion in The Ghost Road? If not, whose family is unique?
3) How does family affect the choices made by the characters in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
The weather serves as a constant backdrop within The Ghost Road. Analyze the weather and its various developments in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the civilization at Eddystone and its customs to the modern-day customs practiced by those in The Ghost Road.
1) What do the two civilizations have in common? What are their differences?
2) What could the civilizations learn from each other?
3) Does Dr. Rivers use the insight he gained from his time in Eddystone? If so, how?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)