|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the treatment given to Moffet remind Dr. Rivers of?
2. What does Billy do his last night in London?
3. What does Dr. Rivers draw on Moffet's legs?
4. Where is Billy preparing to go at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5?
5. What does Billy think of Sarah by the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Njiru's deformity and how he handles it.
2. What is significant about Billy's reunion with Hallet?
3. What happens to Moffet when feeling returns to his legs?
4. Describe the overall relationship Dr. Rivers shares with his family.
5. Describe Dr. Rivers's childhood.
6. When Billy and Elinor are in bed, what does Billy struggle with?
7. Why is Ada trying to protect her daughter from Billy?
8. Why does Billy try to downplay his asthma to the medical board?
9. Why does Billy want to fight in the war?
10. How does Dr. Rivers's treatment of Moffet make Dr. Rivers feel? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Billy's mental health is a topic of conversation throughout The Ghost Road.
1) Why is Billy put into Craiglockhart?
2) What is his experience there? What is his relationship with Dr. Rivers?
3) Does Billy suffer from mental health issues when he returns to war? What are they?
Essay Topic 2
Confusion about the future is a theme that many readers can relate to. Analyze the use of this theme throughout the story.
1) Does the war cause confusion about the future? For who? In what way?
2) The character Billy might have been confused about his future even if there was not a war. Why?
3) How does Billy's confusion about the future lead to his downfall?
Essay Topic 3
The weather serves as a constant backdrop within The Ghost Road. Analyze the weather and its various developments in the novel.
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)