Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dr. Rivers worried Catherine's childhood?
2. How long does it take for feeling to return to Moffet's legs?
3. What happens to the officers in mid-September?
4. What does Ian Moffet suffer from?
5. When was Dr. Rivers scared of scissors as a boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is with Hallett during his death?
2. Based on Billy's diary, describe a typical day in France for Billy.
3. Why is Billy reminded of Craiglockhart in Part 3, Chapter 15?
4. How long must Ngea's widow remain in mourning and what does the mourning entail?
5. Describe Dr. Rivers's childhood.
6. Describe the meeting between Elinor and Billy.
7. What is unique about Billy's sexual conquest in Part 3, Chapter 17 and what worries him after?
8. Explain the health problem Wansbeck suffers from.
9. Describe the character of Billy.
10. Describe Billy's last night in London.
Essay Topic 1
Tension is a driving force behind The Ghost Road. Analyze the use of tension in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
The church is referenced many times throughout The Ghost Road. Using the following questions, examine the role of the church in the novel.
1) How are church leaders portrayed in The Ghost Road? Church goers?
2) What is the role of the church in Billy's life?
3) What biblical or types of religious references appear in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Confusion about the future is a theme that many readers can relate to. Analyze the use of this theme throughout the story.
1) Does the war cause confusion about the future? For who? In what way?
2) The character Billy might have been confused about his future even if there was not a war. Why?
3) How does Billy's confusion about the future lead to his downfall?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)