Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dr. Rivers worried Catherine's childhood?
2. How long does it take for feeling to return to Moffet's legs?
3. What happens to the officers in mid-September?
4. What does Ian Moffet suffer from?
5. When was Dr. Rivers scared of scissors as a boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is with Hallett during his death?
2. Based on Billy's diary, describe a typical day in France for Billy.
3. Why is Billy reminded of Craiglockhart in Part 3, Chapter 15?
4. How long must Ngea's widow remain in mourning and what does the mourning entail?
5. Describe Dr. Rivers's childhood.
6. Describe the meeting between Elinor and Billy.
7. What is unique about Billy's sexual conquest in Part 3, Chapter 17 and what worries him after?
8. Explain the health problem Wansbeck suffers from.
9. Describe the character of Billy.
10. Describe Billy's last night in London.
Billy's mental health is a topic of conversation throughout The Ghost Road.
1) Why is Billy put into Craiglockhart?
2) What is his experience there? What is his relationship with Dr. Rivers?
3) Does Billy suffer from mental health issues when he returns to war? What are they?
Citing examples from the text, create an argument for or against the following statement:
"Through death, Billy received his comeuppance for not appreciating his life."
Billy's infidelity defines his character in a way that is not just sexual.
1) Define infidelity.
2) Compare and contrast Billy's infidelity to himself as opposed to others.
3) How does Billy's infidelity lead to his demise?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)