|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changes in the narration in Part 2, Chapter 9?
2. How does Moffet respond to his cure?
3. What is the mood of the encounter between Billy and Sarah at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5?
4. The accommodations in France remind Billy of what?
5. Why is Dr. Rivers bothered by Moffet's recovery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the responsibilities Billy has amassed, by Part 3, Chapter 15.
2. What disturbs Billy about Hallet?
3. What is Billy's mental state upon returning to France?
4. Describe the overall relationship Dr. Rivers shares with his family.
5. How does Dr. Rivers's treatment of Moffet make Dr. Rivers feel? Why?
6. Who is Ngea? Describe his death.
7. Describe Dr. Rivers's response in his feverish dreams to Emele's mourning.
8. What smell brings Billy joy and why?
9. Explain Njiru's deformity and how he handles it.
10. Explain the health problem Moffet suffers from.
Essay Topic 1
Family influence is frequently referenced in The Ghost Road.
1) How does Billy's family influence his life? How does Sarah's family influence her? How does Dr. Rivers family influence him?
2) Are family's portrayed in a consistent fashion in The Ghost Road? If not, whose family is unique?
3) How does family affect the choices made by the characters in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Billy's attitude towards life eventually leads to his death.
1) Why does Billy want to return to France?
2) How does Billy feel about life in the beginning of The Ghost Road? By the end?
3) Does Billy regret his decision to return to war?
Essay Topic 3
Billy's infidelity defines his character in a way that is not just sexual.
1) Define infidelity.
2) Compare and contrast Billy's infidelity to himself as opposed to others.
3) How does Billy's infidelity lead to his demise?
This section contains 1,502 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)