|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ethel during the visit?
2. How does Billy travel to France?
3. What does Njiru tell Dr. Rivers lives in the lower intestines?
4. What image does Dr. Rivers remember at the end of Part 1, Chapter 4?
5. What news does Billy receive at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 9, how does Billy feel about the choice he made to return to France to fight?
2. Describe the setting where the officers are staying in Part 2, Chapter 9.
3. What happens to Moffet when feeling returns to his legs?
4. Explain Njiru's deformity and how he handles it.
5. Describe Billy's last night in London.
6. Why does Billy try to downplay his asthma to the medical board?
7. Explain the health problem Moffet suffers from.
8. Describe the meeting between Elinor and Billy.
9. Explain the speech impediment Dr. Rivers had as a youth and what caused it.
10. Why does Dr. Rivers express concern about his childhood to his sister?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Billy's sexual experiences are both heterosexual and homosexual in nature.
1) Does Sarah know Billy is having sexual relations with others? How would she respond if she did?
2) How does Billy treat sex with strangers?
3) What motivates Billy to have sexual relations with men?
Essay Topic 2
Billy's infidelity defines his character in a way that is not just sexual.
1) Define infidelity.
2) Compare and contrast Billy's infidelity to himself as opposed to others.
3) How does Billy's infidelity lead to his demise?
Essay Topic 3
World War I motivates everything that happens within The Ghost Road.
1) What are some obvious ways the characters are affected by war? What are more subtle ways?
2) Which character is the most affected by the war? The least?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)