Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dr. Rivers worried Catherine's childhood?
2. How long does it take for feeling to return to Moffet's legs?
3. What happens to the officers in mid-September?
4. What does Ian Moffet suffer from?
5. When was Dr. Rivers scared of scissors as a boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is with Hallett during his death?
2. Based on Billy's diary, describe a typical day in France for Billy.
3. Why is Billy reminded of Craiglockhart in Part 3, Chapter 15?
4. How long must Ngea's widow remain in mourning and what does the mourning entail?
5. Describe Dr. Rivers's childhood.
6. Describe the meeting between Elinor and Billy.
7. What is unique about Billy's sexual conquest in Part 3, Chapter 17 and what worries him after?
8. Explain the health problem Wansbeck suffers from.
9. Describe the character of Billy.
10. Describe Billy's last night in London.
Relationships are an important layer to the story in The Ghost Road. Analyze how the constant threat of death affects the relationships in the novel, citing examples from the text.
Billy's is clear on what he does not want to do with his life, but less clear on what he does want to do.
1) What does Billy not want to do with his life?
2) What does Billy choose to do instead? How does this choice help him grow as a person? What responsibilities does it offer?
3) What positive character traits develop in Billy, due to this final experience in the war?
Citing examples from the text, create an argument for or against the following statement:
"Through death, Billy received his comeuppance for not appreciating his life."
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)