|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy travel to France?
2. Who has children with a native?
3. What does Dr. Rivers see that causes him to start stammering?
4. In Bradford, what type of woman does Billy meet?
5. Why doesn't Dr. Rivers want Billy to return to war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the benefit of being an officer instead of a soldier?
2. What is the irony in the lifestyle the officers are living in Part 2, Chapter 9?
3. How does Dr. Rivers's treatment of Moffet make Dr. Rivers feel? Why?
4. What is significant about Billy's reunion with Hallet?
5. When Billy and Elinor are in bed, what does Billy struggle with?
6. In Part 2, Chapter 7, what is the noticeable literary change that takes place in the novel?
7. What disturbs Billy about Hallet?
8. Explain the health problem Moffet suffers from.
9. Why is Ada trying to protect her daughter from Billy?
10. Describe the setting where the officers are staying in Part 2, Chapter 9.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Billy's sexual experiences are both heterosexual and homosexual in nature.
1) Does Sarah know Billy is having sexual relations with others? How would she respond if she did?
2) How does Billy treat sex with strangers?
3) What motivates Billy to have sexual relations with men?
Essay Topic 2
War is not just a backdrop event in The Ghost Road, it is also a metaphor for the many wars the characters fight within. Analyze the metaphorical wars that are fought by the following characters:
- Dr. Rivers.
Essay Topic 3
The weather serves as a constant backdrop within The Ghost Road. Analyze the weather and its various developments in the novel.
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)