|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Rivers think of Geoffrey before he meets him?
2. What color is the tint of Sarah's face, due to her work?
3. Where does Billy meet up with Charles Manning?
4. What does Ada do on Saturday nights?
5. Where is Ethel during the visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Billy's feelings for Sarah.
2. Explain the treatment Dr. Rivers gives to Moffet to heal his hysterical paralysis.
3. Explain the health problem Wansbeck suffers from.
4. On the steamer, what is Brennan's intent with Dr. Rivers and how does he go about it?
5. What is the irony in the lifestyle the officers are living in Part 2, Chapter 9?
6. What happens to Moffet when feeling returns to his legs?
7. Describe the relationship between Dr. Rivers and Njiru.
8. Why does Billy try to downplay his asthma to the medical board?
9. What is the benefit of being an officer instead of a soldier?
10. Describe Dr. Rivers's childhood.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tension is a driving force behind The Ghost Road. Analyze the use of tension in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
World War I motivates everything that happens within The Ghost Road.
1) What are some obvious ways the characters are affected by war? What are more subtle ways?
2) Which character is the most affected by the war? The least?
Essay Topic 3
War is not just a backdrop event in The Ghost Road, it is also a metaphor for the many wars the characters fight within. Analyze the metaphorical wars that are fought by the following characters:
- Dr. Rivers.
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)