|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy travel to France?
2. What condition is Elinor in when she meets Billy?
3. Billy is put on the line after how many weeks?
4. How can the character Billy be described?
5. What is unique about the start of Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Billy's last night in London.
2. Describe the relationship between Dr. Rivers and Njiru.
3. What is the irony in the lifestyle the officers are living in Part 2, Chapter 9?
4. Explain the health problem Moffet suffers from.
5. Describe the character of Billy.
6. On the steamer, what is Brennan's intent with Dr. Rivers and how does he go about it?
7. Why does Billy want to fight in the war?
8. In Part 2, Chapter 9, how does Billy feel about the choice he made to return to France to fight?
9. What is the initial result of Dr. Rivers getting the flu?
10. Describe the meeting between Elinor and Billy.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the civilization at Eddystone and its customs to the modern-day customs practiced by those in The Ghost Road.
1) What do the two civilizations have in common? What are their differences?
2) What could the civilizations learn from each other?
3) Does Dr. Rivers use the insight he gained from his time in Eddystone? If so, how?
Essay Topic 2
Citing examples from the text, create an argument for or against the following statement:
"Through death, Billy received his comeuppance for not appreciating his life."
Essay Topic 3
Confusion about the future is a theme that many readers can relate to. Analyze the use of this theme throughout the story.
1) Does the war cause confusion about the future? For who? In what way?
2) The character Billy might have been confused about his future even if there was not a war. Why?
3) How does Billy's confusion about the future lead to his downfall?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)