|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dr. Rivers work?
2. How does Moffet respond to his cure?
3. In Njiru, when can a widow be comforted after death?
4. Where do the troops live in France?
5. What is Njiru's physical affliction?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Dr. Rivers and Njiru.
2. What is the benefit of being an officer instead of a soldier?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 9, how does Billy feel about the choice he made to return to France to fight?
4. When Billy and Elinor are in bed, what does Billy struggle with?
5. Describe Dr. Rivers's childhood.
6. When Billy learns he's returning to France, what is his reaction?
7. Describe Billy's last night in London.
8. Describe the character Sarah and her relationship with Billy.
9. Why does Billy try to downplay his asthma to the medical board?
10. Where do Billy and Dr. Rivers meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Billy's infidelity defines his character in a way that is not just sexual.
1) Define infidelity.
2) Compare and contrast Billy's infidelity to himself as opposed to others.
3) How does Billy's infidelity lead to his demise?
Essay Topic 2
World War I motivates everything that happens within The Ghost Road.
1) What are some obvious ways the characters are affected by war? What are more subtle ways?
2) Which character is the most affected by the war? The least?
Essay Topic 3
Citing examples from the text, create an argument for or against the following statement:
"Through death, Billy received his comeuppance for not appreciating his life."
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)