|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 9, what type of transportation does Billy take?
2. What does Dr. Rivers hear when returning Moffet to bed?
3. In Njiru, when can a widow be comforted after death?
4. What changes in the narration in Part 2, Chapter 9?
5. Who has children with a native?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the benefit of being an officer instead of a soldier?
2. What is Billy's mental state upon returning to France?
3. Explain Njiru's deformity and how he handles it.
4. When Billy learns he's returning to France, what is his reaction?
5. Describe the character Sarah and her relationship with Billy.
6. Explain the health problem Moffet suffers from.
7. Where do Billy and Dr. Rivers meet?
8. Why is it ironic that Mitchell does not ask Billy about shell shock in front of the medical board?
9. Why is Ada trying to protect her daughter from Billy?
10. Describe the character of Billy.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Billy's attitude towards life eventually leads to his death.
1) Why does Billy want to return to France?
2) How does Billy feel about life in the beginning of The Ghost Road? By the end?
3) Does Billy regret his decision to return to war?
Essay Topic 2
Tension is a driving force behind The Ghost Road. Analyze the use of tension in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Billy's mental health is a topic of conversation throughout The Ghost Road.
1) Why is Billy put into Craiglockhart?
2) What is his experience there? What is his relationship with Dr. Rivers?
3) Does Billy suffer from mental health issues when he returns to war? What are they?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)