|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the treatment given to Moffet remind Dr. Rivers of?
2. What is Njiru's physical affliction?
3. How do Billy and Sarah attempt to be alone?
4. How does Billy feel about marriage?
5. What color is the tint of Sarah's face, due to her work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are many of Dr. Rivers's patients seeing in Part 3, Chapter 16?
2. Describe the relationship between Dr. Rivers and Njiru.
3. What smell brings Billy joy and why?
4. Who is with Hallett during his death?
5. What disturbs Billy about Hallet?
6. Describe the cave visited by Dr. Rivers after Ngea's death.
7. How long must Ngea's widow remain in mourning and what does the mourning entail?
8. On the steamer, what is Brennan's intent with Dr. Rivers and how does he go about it?
9. Where do Billy and Dr. Rivers meet?
10. Describe Billy's last night in London.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
War is not just a backdrop event in The Ghost Road, it is also a metaphor for the many wars the characters fight within. Analyze the metaphorical wars that are fought by the following characters:
- Dr. Rivers.
Essay Topic 2
Billy's mental health is a topic of conversation throughout The Ghost Road.
1) Why is Billy put into Craiglockhart?
2) What is his experience there? What is his relationship with Dr. Rivers?
3) Does Billy suffer from mental health issues when he returns to war? What are they?
Essay Topic 3
Billy's sexual experiences are both heterosexual and homosexual in nature.
1) Does Sarah know Billy is having sexual relations with others? How would she respond if she did?
2) How does Billy treat sex with strangers?
3) What motivates Billy to have sexual relations with men?
This section contains 1,361 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)