|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Billy assigned to fight at the end of Part 3, Chapter 15?
(a) He is sent home.
(b) He is sent to Craiglockhart.
(c) The front line.
(d) At the back of the line.
2. In Part 3, Chapter 15, who does Billy live with that he knew in the past?
(b) Dr. Rivers.
(c) Soldiers from Craiglockhart.
3. What is Billy writing in at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) His journal.
(c) A map.
(d) The bible.
4. Where will the funeral boat take Ngea?
(a) To heaven.
(b) To sea.
(c) To an island.
(d) To his grave.
5. Dr. Rivers hears a girl meets for sex with how many boys?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Part 2, Chapter 13 take place?
2. Where does Dr. Rivers visit with Njiru, following Ngea's death?
3. What is Billy's unit called?
4. What do the officers order the troops not to believe in?
5. What happens to Longstaffe in Part 2, Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are many of Dr. Rivers's patients seeing in Part 3, Chapter 16?
2. Describe the responsibilities Billy has amassed, by Part 3, Chapter 15.
3. What is headhunting?
4. After Ngea's seance, what is left on Dr. Rivers's pillow? What does it signify?
5. Describe the cave visited by Dr. Rivers after Ngea's death.
6. In Part 3, Chapter 14, what does the spirit of Ngea do in is Dr. Rivers's dream?
7. What is Billy struggling with emotionally at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 17?
8. Describe what happens in Dr. Rivers dream in Part 2, Chapter 12, when the conch shell is blown.
9. What is unique about Billy's sexual conquest in Part 3, Chapter 17 and what worries him after?
10. How long must Ngea's widow remain in mourning and what does the mourning entail?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)