|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What smell reminds Billy of home?
(a) Steak and potatoes.
(b) Cherry pie.
(c) Bacon and eggs.
2. In Dr. Rivers' dream about Ngea's widow, whose face is she wearing in hut?
3. What do the officers order the troops not to believe in?
(a) The hope for peace.
(b) Five more years of war.
(c) The promise of more food.
(d) Their fellow man.
4. What is the date in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) September, 1970.
(b) October, 1918.
(c) August, 1993.
(d) November, 1943.
5. What sounds awakens Dr. Rivers when Ngea dies?
(a) The skulls clinking.
(b) Ngea's whispering spirit.
(c) Dogs howling.
(d) Women crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Dr. Rivers plan to interfere with Emele's crouching stance?
2. What wakes Dr. Rivers from his dream state in Part 2, Chapter 10?
3. Who does Wansbeck admit to having conversations with?
4. When Billy needs his gas mask, what happens?
5. Where has Hallett been shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on Billy's diary, describe a typical day in France for Billy.
2. Describe Dr. Rivers's dream about his sister Catherine in Part 2, Chapter 12.
3. What are many of Dr. Rivers's patients seeing in Part 3, Chapter 16?
4. What provokes Dr. Rivers's dreams of Njiru?
5. Describe what happens in Dr. Rivers dream in Part 2, Chapter 12, when the conch shell is blown.
6. Who is with Hallett during his death?
7. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how does Billy describe his living conditions and why does this bother him?
8. What is headhunting?
9. In Part 3, Chapter 14, what does the spirit of Ngea do in is Dr. Rivers's dream?
10. What is unique about Billy's sexual conquest in Part 3, Chapter 17 and what worries him after?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)