|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lifestyle does Dr. Rivers dream of at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 12?
2. How much longer does Billy think the war will continue?
(a) He thinks it's ending.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Five years.
3. Where is Ngea's body escorted to, prior to meeting the funeral boat?
(a) A cave.
(b) The beach.
(c) The barracks.
(d) A ledge.
4. Why does Dr. Rivers feel like the war has ended?
(a) People act as though it already has.
(b) His sister tells him it has.
(c) He is not busy at work.
(d) The weather is nice.
5. What worries Dr. Rivers during his dream in Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) Emele's fate.
(c) Kathleen's health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition are the villages of France in?
2. What does Njiru wear in Part 2, Chapter 12?
3. What do the officers order the troops not to believe in?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what type of weapons do Billy's battalion fear they will march against?
5. What animal does Dr. Rivers see on his visit with Njiru?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is with Hallett during his death?
2. After Ngea's seance, what is left on Dr. Rivers's pillow? What does it signify?
3. What are many of Dr. Rivers's patients seeing in Part 3, Chapter 16?
4. What provokes Dr. Rivers's dreams of Njiru?
5. What is ironic about Billy's death?
6. By Part 3, Chapter 16, why is Dr. Rivers one of the few doctors that remain practicing?
7. What is a gas captain and who performs the duty?
8. Describe what happens in Dr. Rivers dream in Part 2, Chapter 12, when the conch shell is blown.
9. Who is Ngea? Describe his death.
10. Describe the responsibilities Billy has amassed, by Part 3, Chapter 15.
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)