|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Emele leave the mourning hut?
(a) When Dr. Rivers asks her to.
(b) When the boy appears.
(c) When Njiru arrives.
(d) When the conch shell is blown.
2. Where will the funeral boat take Ngea?
(a) To an island.
(b) To his grave.
(c) To heaven.
(d) To sea.
3. What is cooked over the fire at Ngea's death celebration?
(a) A sacrifice.
(b) Ngea's skull.
4. What is Billy's unit called?
(a) Battle Soldiers One.
(b) Commanders of the United Front.
(c) Front Line Warriors.
(d) The Company of Second Manchesters.
5. What surprises Dr. Rivers at the end of Part 3, Chapter 16?
(a) He's assigned to Billy's battalion.
(b) Sarah visits him.
(c) A return of the flu.
(d) Billy is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Njiru when the headhunt is complete?
2. Where does Part 2, Chapter 13 take place?
3. What is Billy writing in at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 11?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what does Billy have to march through?
5. Where is Billy assigned to fight at the end of Part 3, Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is with Hallett during his death?
2. Who is Ngea? Describe his death.
3. Why is Billy reminded of Craiglockhart in Part 3, Chapter 15?
4. What smell brings Billy joy and why?
5. What is headhunting?
6. By Part 3, Chapter 16, why is Dr. Rivers one of the few doctors that remain practicing?
7. What is Billy's state of mind in Part 2, Chapter 13?
8. What provokes Dr. Rivers's dreams of Njiru?
9. What is a gas captain and who performs the duty?
10. What is ironic about Billy's death?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)