|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What smell reminds Billy of home?
(a) Bacon and eggs.
(b) Steak and potatoes.
(d) Cherry pie.
2. In the past generation, Njiru's island's population has dropped by what percentage?
3. What does the Marshall-of-the-Ten-Wounds plan to build?
(a) A plane.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A fort.
(d) A house.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how do the enlisted men spend their mornings?
(c) Talking politics.
(d) Watching the news.
5. While ill, how does Dr. Rivers get news of the war?
(a) Watching the news.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) Letters from Billy.
(d) The hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does blowing the conch shell do for the chief's widow?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 18, why are few doctors working in the ward?
3. Where does Part 2, Chapter 13 take place?
4. Where does Dr. Rivers dream of in Part 3, Chapter 14?
5. When Billy needs his gas mask, what happens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the cave visited by Dr. Rivers after Ngea's death.
2. Based on Billy's diary, describe a typical day in France for Billy.
3. In Part 3, Chapter 14, what does the spirit of Ngea do in is Dr. Rivers's dream?
4. What smell brings Billy joy and why?
5. Describe Dr. Rivers's dream about his sister Catherine in Part 2, Chapter 12.
6. Who is Ngea? Describe his death.
7. Why is Billy reminded of Craiglockhart in Part 3, Chapter 15?
8. Who is with Hallett during his death?
9. What is Billy struggling with emotionally at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 17?
10. Describe the responsibilities Billy has amassed, by Part 3, Chapter 15.
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)