|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of drill does Billy run?
(c) Mess hall.
(d) Gas mask.
2. Who does Wansbeck admit to having conversations with?
(a) His mother.
(b) The ghost of the soldier he killed.
(c) The deceased woman he almost married.
(d) Dr. Rivers.
3. When Billy needs his gas mask, what happens?
(a) He puts it on.
(b) He cannot reach it.
(c) It breaks.
(d) His friend puts it on him.
4. What happens to Longstaffe in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) He defects.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He is wounded.
(d) He fights Billy.
5. What lifestyle does Dr. Rivers dream of at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. Billy is afraid his battalion will do what in Part 3, Chapter 17?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what type of weapons do Billy's battalion fear they will march against?
3. Who is the second most powerful chief in Eddystone?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 18, why are few doctors working in the ward?
5. What is the date in Part 2, Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about Billy's death?
2. After Ngea's seance, what is left on Dr. Rivers's pillow? What does it signify?
3. Describe the responsibilities Billy has amassed, by Part 3, Chapter 15.
4. Describe Dr. Rivers's dream about his sister Catherine in Part 2, Chapter 12.
5. Why is Billy reminded of Craiglockhart in Part 3, Chapter 15?
6. What smell brings Billy joy and why?
7. How long must Ngea's widow remain in mourning and what does the mourning entail?
8. What is headhunting?
9. In Part 3, Chapter 14, what does the spirit of Ngea do in is Dr. Rivers's dream?
10. By Part 3, Chapter 16, why is Dr. Rivers one of the few doctors that remain practicing?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)