|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy do with his watch in Part 3, Chapter 18?
(a) Breaks it.
(b) Awaits synchronization.
(c) Sells it.
(d) Sends it home.
2. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how do the enlisted men spend their mornings?
(c) Watching the news.
(d) Talking politics.
3. When does Emele leave the mourning hut?
(a) When Dr. Rivers asks her to.
(b) When the conch shell is blown.
(c) When Njiru arrives.
(d) When the boy appears.
4. Dr. Rivers hears a girl meets for sex with how many boys?
5. What does Emele need to be successful in order to end her crouching?
(a) Game hunting.
(b) The eclipse.
(c) The headhunt.
(d) Stick gathering.
Short Answer Questions
1. Billy's living conditions in Part 2, Chapter 11 are in what condition?
2. Where does Ngea sit, prior to the death ceremony?
3. What is cooked over the fire at Ngea's death celebration?
4. Does Dr. Rivers plan to interfere with Emele's crouching stance?
5. Where does Billy work on the front lines?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how does Billy describe his living conditions and why does this bother him?
2. Who is Ngea? Describe his death.
3. What is Billy struggling with emotionally at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 17?
4. Describe Dr. Rivers's response in his feverish dreams to Emele's mourning.
5. What smell brings Billy joy and why?
6. What is ironic about Billy's death?
7. What is a gas captain and who performs the duty?
8. Describe Dr. Rivers's dream about his sister Catherine in Part 2, Chapter 12.
9. Why is Billy reminded of Craiglockhart in Part 3, Chapter 15?
10. What is unique about Billy's sexual conquest in Part 3, Chapter 17 and what worries him after?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)