|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much longer does Billy think the war will continue?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Five years.
(d) He thinks it's ending.
2. Where is Njiru when the headhunt is complete?
(a) In a canoe.
(b) In the clouds.
(c) With Emele.
(d) On an island.
3. Where has Hallett been shot?
(a) In his foot.
(b) In the chest.
(c) In his arm.
(d) In the face.
4. What wakes Dr. Rivers from his dream state in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) The doorbell.
(b) Miss Irving.
(c) Night tremors.
(d) The sun.
5. What happens to Hallett in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) He goes home.
(b) He gets married.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He is injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 18, why are few doctors working in the ward?
2. What are phantasms asking Sassoon?
3. Why does Dr. Rivers feel like the war has ended?
4. During headhunting, is someone decapitated?
5. What do the officers order the troops not to believe in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are many of Dr. Rivers's patients seeing in Part 3, Chapter 16?
2. Describe Dr. Rivers's response in his feverish dreams to Emele's mourning.
3. What is Billy struggling with emotionally at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 17?
4. Describe what happens in Dr. Rivers dream in Part 2, Chapter 12, when the conch shell is blown.
5. Why is Billy reminded of Craiglockhart in Part 3, Chapter 15?
6. After Ngea's seance, what is left on Dr. Rivers's pillow? What does it signify?
7. How long must Ngea's widow remain in mourning and what does the mourning entail?
8. Who is with Hallett during his death?
9. What are some negatives that Billy experiences in Part 2, Chapter 13?
10. By Part 3, Chapter 16, why is Dr. Rivers one of the few doctors that remain practicing?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)