|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does Billy hear sung in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) Claire de Lune.
(b) Caro Mi Bien.
(c) Onward Christian Soldiers.
(d) Ode to Joy.
2. Why does Dr. Rivers feel like the war has ended?
(a) The weather is nice.
(b) He is not busy at work.
(c) People act as though it already has.
(d) His sister tells him it has.
3. What does the Marshall-of-the-Ten-Wounds plan to build?
(a) A fort.
(b) A plane.
(c) A house.
(d) A bridge.
4. Where does Ngea sit, prior to the death ceremony?
(a) On a horse.
(b) In a chair.
(c) On a coach.
(d) In a carriage.
5. What does Emele need to be successful in order to end her crouching?
(a) Stick gathering.
(b) Game hunting.
(c) The eclipse.
(d) The headhunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes Dr. Rivers from his dream state in Part 2, Chapter 10?
2. While ill, how does Dr. Rivers get news of the war?
3. What sounds awakens Dr. Rivers when Ngea dies?
4. What condition are the villages of France in?
5. What happens to Ngea's skull?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens in Dr. Rivers dream in Part 2, Chapter 12, when the conch shell is blown.
2. What smell brings Billy joy and why?
3. What is ironic about Billy's death?
4. Describe the responsibilities Billy has amassed, by Part 3, Chapter 15.
5. Describe the cave visited by Dr. Rivers after Ngea's death.
6. Why is Billy reminded of Craiglockhart in Part 3, Chapter 15?
7. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how does Billy describe his living conditions and why does this bother him?
8. By Part 3, Chapter 16, why is Dr. Rivers one of the few doctors that remain practicing?
9. What is Billy struggling with emotionally at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 17?
10. How long must Ngea's widow remain in mourning and what does the mourning entail?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)