|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) October, 1918.
(b) September, 1970.
(c) August, 1993.
(d) November, 1943.
2. Who cares for Dr. Rivers in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) His father.
(b) A fellow doctor.
(c) His sister.
(d) His landlady.
3. What sound do the soldiers often hear?
(b) Roosters crowing.
4. How much longer does Billy think the war will continue?
(a) Two years.
(b) He thinks it's ending.
(c) Five years.
(d) One year.
5. Whose hut does Dr. Rivers dream of approaching in Part 2, Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of drill does Billy run?
2. What happens to Ngea's skull?
3. What does Emele need to be successful in order to end her crouching?
4. At Craiglockhart, how did Dr. Rivers get his patients to confide their feelings?
5. Where does Billy fight from in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are many of Dr. Rivers's patients seeing in Part 3, Chapter 16?
2. What smell brings Billy joy and why?
3. Describe Dr. Rivers's response in his feverish dreams to Emele's mourning.
4. What is ironic about Billy's death?
5. By Part 3, Chapter 16, why is Dr. Rivers one of the few doctors that remain practicing?
6. After Ngea's seance, what is left on Dr. Rivers's pillow? What does it signify?
7. What is headhunting?
8. How long must Ngea's widow remain in mourning and what does the mourning entail?
9. Describe what happens in Dr. Rivers dream in Part 2, Chapter 12, when the conch shell is blown.
10. Describe the cave visited by Dr. Rivers after Ngea's death.
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)