|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Billy in battle, as he heads across the water?
(a) He faints.
(b) He has a panic attack.
(c) He's invincible.
(d) He's shot.
2. Who does Billy write a letter to at the end of Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) Dr. Rivers.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
3. Who does Wansbeck admit to having conversations with?
(a) The ghost of the soldier he killed.
(b) His mother.
(c) The deceased woman he almost married.
(d) Dr. Rivers.
4. What lifestyle does Dr. Rivers dream of at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 12?
5. What sound do the soldiers often hear?
(b) Roosters crowing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will the funeral boat take Ngea?
2. What happens to Ngea's skull?
3. Does Dr. Rivers plan to interfere with Emele's crouching stance?
4. Where is Njiru when the headhunt is complete?
5. Where does Billy work on the front lines?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how does Billy describe his living conditions and why does this bother him?
2. What are many of Dr. Rivers's patients seeing in Part 3, Chapter 16?
3. What are some negatives that Billy experiences in Part 2, Chapter 13?
4. What is ironic about Billy's death?
5. How long must Ngea's widow remain in mourning and what does the mourning entail?
6. After Ngea's seance, what is left on Dr. Rivers's pillow? What does it signify?
7. Who is Ngea? Describe his death.
8. What is Billy's state of mind in Part 2, Chapter 13?
9. In Part 3, Chapter 14, what does the spirit of Ngea do in is Dr. Rivers's dream?
10. What is unique about Billy's sexual conquest in Part 3, Chapter 17 and what worries him after?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)