|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lifestyle does Dr. Rivers dream of at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 12?
2. In Dr. Rivers' dream about Ngea's widow, whose face is she wearing in hut?
3. What sound do the soldiers often hear?
(a) Roosters crowing.
4. What condition are the villages of France in?
(b) Run down.
5. Whose hut does Dr. Rivers dream of approaching in Part 2, Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dr. Rivers visit with Njiru, following Ngea's death?
2. When does Emele leave the mourning hut?
3. While ill, how does Dr. Rivers get news of the war?
4. Who is the spirit's channel at Ngea's seance?
5. Where has Hallett been shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens in Dr. Rivers dream in Part 2, Chapter 12, when the conch shell is blown.
2. By Part 3, Chapter 16, why is Dr. Rivers one of the few doctors that remain practicing?
3. Describe Dr. Rivers's response in his feverish dreams to Emele's mourning.
4. What is a gas captain and who performs the duty?
5. Who is with Hallett during his death?
6. Based on Billy's diary, describe a typical day in France for Billy.
7. What are some negatives that Billy experiences in Part 2, Chapter 13?
8. What is Billy struggling with emotionally at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 17?
9. How long must Ngea's widow remain in mourning and what does the mourning entail?
10. Describe the cave visited by Dr. Rivers after Ngea's death.
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)