|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cares for Dr. Rivers in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) His sister.
(b) His father.
(c) His landlady.
(d) A fellow doctor.
2. Who does Wansbeck admit to having conversations with?
(a) The ghost of the soldier he killed.
(b) The deceased woman he almost married.
(c) Dr. Rivers.
(d) His mother.
3. What song does Billy hear sung in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) Ode to Joy.
(b) Caro Mi Bien.
(c) Onward Christian Soldiers.
(d) Claire de Lune.
4. What does Harrington attempt and fail at while at war?
(a) Shooting a soldier.
(b) Bombing a small village.
(d) Helping a friend who is dying.
5. Billy is afraid his battalion will do what in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) Imprison him.
(b) Abandon him.
(c) Promote him.
(d) Shoot him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of drill does Billy run?
2. Who is the second most powerful chief in Eddystone?
3. Billy's living conditions in Part 2, Chapter 11 are in what condition?
4. How old is the boy Njiru brings back to the village?
5. Where is Dr. Rivers dreaming about in Part 2, Chapter 10?.
Short Essay Questions
1. After Ngea's seance, what is left on Dr. Rivers's pillow? What does it signify?
2. Describe the cave visited by Dr. Rivers after Ngea's death.
3. What are some negatives that Billy experiences in Part 2, Chapter 13?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how does Billy describe his living conditions and why does this bother him?
5. What are many of Dr. Rivers's patients seeing in Part 3, Chapter 16?
6. Who is Ngea? Describe his death.
7. What is unique about Billy's sexual conquest in Part 3, Chapter 17 and what worries him after?
8. Why is Billy reminded of Craiglockhart in Part 3, Chapter 15?
9. Describe the responsibilities Billy has amassed, by Part 3, Chapter 15.
10. What smell brings Billy joy and why?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)