|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Dr. Rivers plan to interfere with Emele's crouching stance?
(b) Only if Billy arrives on site.
(c) Only if she faints.
2. Where is Njiru when the headhunt is complete?
(a) In the clouds.
(b) In a canoe.
(c) On an island.
(d) With Emele.
3. What does Emele need to be successful in order to end her crouching?
(a) Game hunting.
(b) The headhunt.
(c) Stick gathering.
(d) The eclipse.
4. In the past generation, Njiru's island's population has dropped by what percentage?
5. What happens to Hallett in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) He is injured.
(b) He goes home.
(c) He gets married.
(d) He is killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies at the end of Part 3, Chapter 18?
2. When Billy needs his gas mask, what happens?
3. Where does Ngea sit, prior to the death ceremony?
4. What does the Marshall-of-the-Ten-Wounds plan to build?
5. What is Billy's unit called?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Billy reminded of Craiglockhart in Part 3, Chapter 15?
2. Describe what happens in Dr. Rivers dream in Part 2, Chapter 12, when the conch shell is blown.
3. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how does Billy describe his living conditions and why does this bother him?
4. What provokes Dr. Rivers's dreams of Njiru?
5. What is a gas captain and who performs the duty?
6. What is ironic about Billy's death?
7. What are some negatives that Billy experiences in Part 2, Chapter 13?
8. In Part 3, Chapter 14, what does the spirit of Ngea do in is Dr. Rivers's dream?
9. Who is Ngea? Describe his death.
10. Describe the responsibilities Billy has amassed, by Part 3, Chapter 15.
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)