|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what does Billy have to march through?
(a) Snow and ice.
(b) Hungry children and angry farmers.
(c) Dead bodies and stagnant water.
(d) The mountains.
2. In Part 3, Chapter 15, who does Billy live with that he knew in the past?
(c) Soldiers from Craiglockhart.
(d) Dr. Rivers.
3. What does Billy do with his watch in Part 3, Chapter 18?
(a) Awaits synchronization.
(b) Sells it.
(c) Sends it home.
(d) Breaks it.
4. Does Dr. Rivers plan to interfere with Emele's crouching stance?
(a) Only if Billy arrives on site.
(b) Only if she faints.
5. Dr. Rivers hears a girl meets for sex with how many boys?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sounds awakens Dr. Rivers when Ngea dies?
2. What song does Billy hear sung in Part 2, Chapter 11?
3. Who is the second most powerful chief in Eddystone?
4. Where does Ngea sit, prior to the death ceremony?
5. Where will the funeral boat take Ngea?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the cave visited by Dr. Rivers after Ngea's death.
2. What is a gas captain and who performs the duty?
3. What are many of Dr. Rivers's patients seeing in Part 3, Chapter 16?
4. What is Billy's state of mind in Part 2, Chapter 13?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 14, what does the spirit of Ngea do in is Dr. Rivers's dream?
6. Why is Billy reminded of Craiglockhart in Part 3, Chapter 15?
7. How long must Ngea's widow remain in mourning and what does the mourning entail?
8. What provokes Dr. Rivers's dreams of Njiru?
9. Who is with Hallett during his death?
10. After Ngea's seance, what is left on Dr. Rivers's pillow? What does it signify?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)