|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Longstaffe in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He fights Billy.
(c) He is wounded.
(d) He defects.
2. When Billy needs his gas mask, what happens?
(a) It breaks.
(b) He cannot reach it.
(c) He puts it on.
(d) His friend puts it on him.
3. Where is Billy assigned to fight at the end of Part 3, Chapter 15?
(a) He is sent to Craiglockhart.
(b) The front line.
(c) At the back of the line.
(d) He is sent home.
4. Billy's living conditions in Part 2, Chapter 11 are in what condition?
(a) Half pigsty and half kitchen.
(b) Under siege.
(c) Booby trapped by the French.
(d) Half cowshed and half outdoor toilet.
5. Where is Njiru when the headhunt is complete?
(a) In a canoe.
(b) With Emele.
(c) In the clouds.
(d) On an island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Njiru wear in Part 2, Chapter 12?
2. What does Emele need to be successful in order to end her crouching?
3. Where will the funeral boat take Ngea?
4. What sound do the soldiers often hear?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how do the enlisted men spend their afternoons?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the cave visited by Dr. Rivers after Ngea's death.
2. What is a gas captain and who performs the duty?
3. Based on Billy's diary, describe a typical day in France for Billy.
4. Who is with Hallett during his death?
5. Who is Ngea? Describe his death.
6. What provokes Dr. Rivers's dreams of Njiru?
7. Why is Billy reminded of Craiglockhart in Part 3, Chapter 15?
8. What is headhunting?
9. Describe Dr. Rivers's response in his feverish dreams to Emele's mourning.
10. Describe the responsibilities Billy has amassed, by Part 3, Chapter 15.
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)