|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Wansbeck admit to having conversations with?
(a) The ghost of the soldier he killed.
(b) Dr. Rivers.
(c) His mother.
(d) The deceased woman he almost married.
2. Who cares for Dr. Rivers in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) His landlady.
(b) A fellow doctor.
(c) His sister.
(d) His father.
3. During headhunting, is someone decapitated?
(c) If the moon is full.
(d) It depends on community need.
4. What condition are the villages of France in?
(c) Run down.
5. What sound do the soldiers often hear?
(d) Roosters crowing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what does Billy have to march through?
2. What is cooked over the fire at Ngea's death celebration?
3. What happens to Hallett in Part 2, Chapter 13?
4. While ill, how does Dr. Rivers get news of the war?
5. What type of weather does Dr. Rivers remember from Eddystone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens in Dr. Rivers dream in Part 2, Chapter 12, when the conch shell is blown.
2. Describe the responsibilities Billy has amassed, by Part 3, Chapter 15.
3. What is Billy struggling with emotionally at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 17?
4. What is Billy's state of mind in Part 2, Chapter 13?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how does Billy describe his living conditions and why does this bother him?
6. In Part 3, Chapter 14, what does the spirit of Ngea do in is Dr. Rivers's dream?
7. What are many of Dr. Rivers's patients seeing in Part 3, Chapter 16?
8. After Ngea's seance, what is left on Dr. Rivers's pillow? What does it signify?
9. Describe Dr. Rivers's dream about his sister Catherine in Part 2, Chapter 12.
10. What is a gas captain and who performs the duty?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)