|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) October, 1918.
(b) November, 1943.
(c) August, 1993.
(d) September, 1970.
2. What does blowing the conch shell do for the chief's widow?
(a) Sends her spirit to heaven.
(b) Acknowledges her love for the chief.
(c) Helps her select a new husband.
(d) Frees her from crouching.
3. What sound do the soldiers often hear?
(a) Roosters crowing.
4. How old is the boy Njiru brings back to the village?
5. Where is Billy assigned to fight at the end of Part 3, Chapter 15?
(a) He is sent to Craiglockhart.
(b) The front line.
(c) He is sent home.
(d) At the back of the line.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the spirit's channel at Ngea's seance?
2. While ill, how does Dr. Rivers get news of the war?
3. What is Billy's unit called?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what type of weapons do Billy's battalion fear they will march against?
5. What is Emele's physical appearance when the conch is blown?
Short Essay Questions
1. What provokes Dr. Rivers's dreams of Njiru?
2. Describe the cave visited by Dr. Rivers after Ngea's death.
3. What is headhunting?
4. Describe Dr. Rivers's dream about his sister Catherine in Part 2, Chapter 12.
5. After Ngea's seance, what is left on Dr. Rivers's pillow? What does it signify?
6. How long must Ngea's widow remain in mourning and what does the mourning entail?
7. Who is Ngea? Describe his death.
8. What is Billy struggling with emotionally at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 17?
9. What is Billy's state of mind in Part 2, Chapter 13?
10. Describe the responsibilities Billy has amassed, by Part 3, Chapter 15.
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)