|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are phantasms asking Sassoon?
(a) When he will join them.
(b) Why he is not at war.
(c) To give them some water.
(d) Where to get some food.
2. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how do the enlisted men spend their mornings?
(a) Watching the news.
(c) Talking politics.
3. What sound do the soldiers often hear?
(d) Roosters crowing.
4. What does the Marshall-of-the-Ten-Wounds plan to build?
(a) A house.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A fort.
(d) A plane.
5. What is the date in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) August, 1993.
(b) September, 1970.
(c) October, 1918.
(d) November, 1943.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what type of weapons do Billy's battalion fear they will march against?
2. What is Billy's nickname?
3. When does Emele leave the mourning hut?
4. What worries Dr. Rivers during his dream in Part 2, Chapter 12?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what does Billy have to march through?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are many of Dr. Rivers's patients seeing in Part 3, Chapter 16?
2. Describe the cave visited by Dr. Rivers after Ngea's death.
3. How long must Ngea's widow remain in mourning and what does the mourning entail?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how does Billy describe his living conditions and why does this bother him?
5. After Ngea's seance, what is left on Dr. Rivers's pillow? What does it signify?
6. What is headhunting?
7. Describe the responsibilities Billy has amassed, by Part 3, Chapter 15.
8. Who is Ngea? Describe his death.
9. Based on Billy's diary, describe a typical day in France for Billy.
10. What smell brings Billy joy and why?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)