|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how do the enlisted men spend their afternoons?
(a) Doing drills.
(b) Playing games.
2. Where does Billy work on the front lines?
(a) Behind the cannon.
(b) Behind the captain.
(c) In a tank.
(d) A foxhole.
3. What is the date in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) September, 1970.
(b) August, 1993.
(c) October, 1918.
(d) November, 1943.
4. What is cooked over the fire at Ngea's death celebration?
(c) Ngea's skull.
(d) A sacrifice.
5. What does Emele need to be successful in order to end her crouching?
(a) Game hunting.
(b) The eclipse.
(c) The headhunt.
(d) Stick gathering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Billy in battle, as he heads across the water?
2. When does Emele leave the mourning hut?
3. What sound do the soldiers often hear?
4. Where does Dr. Rivers visit with Njiru, following Ngea's death?
5. Where is Billy assigned to fight at the end of Part 3, Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how does Billy describe his living conditions and why does this bother him?
2. What is ironic about Billy's death?
3. Based on Billy's diary, describe a typical day in France for Billy.
4. What is Billy's state of mind in Part 2, Chapter 13?
5. What are many of Dr. Rivers's patients seeing in Part 3, Chapter 16?
6. Who is with Hallett during his death?
7. What smell brings Billy joy and why?
8. How long must Ngea's widow remain in mourning and what does the mourning entail?
9. Describe Dr. Rivers's dream about his sister Catherine in Part 2, Chapter 12.
10. What is Billy struggling with emotionally at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 17?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)