|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is rumored to call for peace?
2. Does Dr. Rivers plan to interfere with Emele's crouching stance?
(b) Only if Billy arrives on site.
(c) Only if she faints.
3. What is Emele's physical appearance when the conch is blown?
(a) Glowing and renewed.
(b) Bent over and crippled.
(c) Tired and haggard.
(d) Bleeding from her knees.
4. During headhunting, is someone decapitated?
(a) It depends on community need.
(c) If the moon is full.
5. Why does Dr. Rivers feel like the war has ended?
(a) The weather is nice.
(b) People act as though it already has.
(c) His sister tells him it has.
(d) He is not busy at work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the officers order the troops not to believe in?
2. What does Emele need to be successful in order to end her crouching?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 18, why are few doctors working in the ward?
4. What condition are the villages of France in?
5. What is Billy's unit called?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a gas captain and who performs the duty?
2. What are some negatives that Billy experiences in Part 2, Chapter 13?
3. By Part 3, Chapter 16, why is Dr. Rivers one of the few doctors that remain practicing?
4. What are many of Dr. Rivers's patients seeing in Part 3, Chapter 16?
5. Describe what happens in Dr. Rivers dream in Part 2, Chapter 12, when the conch shell is blown.
6. Why is Billy reminded of Craiglockhart in Part 3, Chapter 15?
7. Describe the cave visited by Dr. Rivers after Ngea's death.
8. Describe Dr. Rivers's response in his feverish dreams to Emele's mourning.
9. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how does Billy describe his living conditions and why does this bother him?
10. How long must Ngea's widow remain in mourning and what does the mourning entail?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)