|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how do the enlisted men spend their mornings?
(c) Talking politics.
(d) Watching the news.
2. When Billy needs his gas mask, what happens?
(a) His friend puts it on him.
(b) He puts it on.
(c) It breaks.
(d) He cannot reach it.
3. What smell reminds Billy of home?
(a) Cherry pie.
(c) Steak and potatoes.
(d) Bacon and eggs.
4. Dr. Rivers hears a girl meets for sex with how many boys?
5. What wakes Dr. Rivers from his dream state in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) Night tremors.
(b) Miss Irving.
(c) The doorbell.
(d) The sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound do the soldiers often hear?
2. Where does Dr. Rivers visit with Njiru, following Ngea's death?
3. Where is Billy assigned to fight at the end of Part 3, Chapter 15?
4. During headhunting, is someone decapitated?
5. What happens to Hallett in Part 2, Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. By Part 3, Chapter 16, why is Dr. Rivers one of the few doctors that remain practicing?
2. What is ironic about Billy's death?
3. Describe the cave visited by Dr. Rivers after Ngea's death.
4. Who is with Hallett during his death?
5. What is a gas captain and who performs the duty?
6. What are some negatives that Billy experiences in Part 2, Chapter 13?
7. Describe Dr. Rivers's response in his feverish dreams to Emele's mourning.
8. Why is Billy reminded of Craiglockhart in Part 3, Chapter 15?
9. In Part 3, Chapter 14, what does the spirit of Ngea do in is Dr. Rivers's dream?
10. Based on Billy's diary, describe a typical day in France for Billy.
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)