|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Billy work on the front lines?
(a) A foxhole.
(b) Behind the cannon.
(c) Behind the captain.
(d) In a tank.
2. What is Billy's nickname?
(a) The Canary.
(b) Captain Hook.
(c) Fledgling Soldier.
(d) The Goat.
3. What smell reminds Billy of home?
(a) Steak and potatoes.
(b) Bacon and eggs.
(d) Cherry pie.
4. Where is Ngea's body escorted to, prior to meeting the funeral boat?
(a) A cave.
(b) The barracks.
(c) A ledge.
(d) The beach.
5. Where is Njiru when the headhunt is complete?
(a) In the clouds.
(b) In a canoe.
(c) On an island.
(d) With Emele.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Wansbeck admit to having conversations with?
2. What do the officers order the troops not to believe in?
3. Billy is afraid his battalion will do what in Part 3, Chapter 17?
4. What does Emele need to be successful in order to end her crouching?
5. During headhunting, is someone decapitated?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens in Dr. Rivers dream in Part 2, Chapter 12, when the conch shell is blown.
2. What is unique about Billy's sexual conquest in Part 3, Chapter 17 and what worries him after?
3. What is headhunting?
4. What are many of Dr. Rivers's patients seeing in Part 3, Chapter 16?
5. What provokes Dr. Rivers's dreams of Njiru?
6. Why is Billy reminded of Craiglockhart in Part 3, Chapter 15?
7. What are some negatives that Billy experiences in Part 2, Chapter 13?
8. Describe the cave visited by Dr. Rivers after Ngea's death.
9. What is a gas captain and who performs the duty?
10. How long must Ngea's widow remain in mourning and what does the mourning entail?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)