|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Billy sent back to England?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 3, who does Elinor remind Billy of?
(a) His fiance.
(c) Father McKenzie.
(d) Dr. Rivers.
3. What does Ada do on Saturday nights?
(a) Helps Billy cook and clean.
(b) Goes to the bar.
(c) Attends seances.
(d) Feeds the hungry.
4. Where do the troops live in France?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 9, how does Billy feel about being in the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mood of the encounter between Billy and Sarah at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5?
2. Where does Billy meet up with Charles Manning?
3. In Bradford, what type of woman does Billy meet?
4. What is Njiru's physical affliction?
5. When was Dr. Rivers scared of scissors as a boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the irony in the lifestyle the officers are living in Part 2, Chapter 9?
2. What happens to Moffet when feeling returns to his legs?
3. Why is Ada trying to protect her daughter from Billy?
4. Explain the speech impediment Dr. Rivers had as a youth and what caused it.
5. Why does Dr. Rivers express concern about his childhood to his sister?
6. In Part 2, Chapter 9, how does Billy feel about the choice he made to return to France to fight?
7. Describe the overall relationship Dr. Rivers shares with his family.
8. In Dr. Rivers flashback to Njiru, the witch doctor, what does Dr. Rivers think of Njiru's ability?
9. Why is Sarah's mother an ironic character?
10. What is Billy's mental state upon returning to France?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)