Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mitchell focus on while questioning Billy?
(a) His asthma and prior attacks.
(b) His loyalty to his unit.
(c) His bravery.
(d) His love for his country.
2. How does Dr. Rivers feel about Geoffrey when he meets him?
(a) He likes Geoffrey.
(b) Geoffrey should be locked up.
(c) Geoffrey deserves to suffer.
(d) Geoffrey belongs in jail.
3. The accommodations in France remind Billy of what?
4. What is the effect of Dr. Rivers fever?
(a) Brain damage.
(b) Lost appetite.
(c) Strange dreams.
(d) He dies.
5. Who did Geoffrey kill?
(b) A German soldier.
(c) His best friend.
(d) A French soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can the character Billy be described?
2. In Bradford, what type of woman does Billy meet?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 9, what type of transportation does Billy take?
4. What does Dr. Rivers draw on Moffet's legs?
5. How does Billy feel when he arrives in France?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 7, what is the noticeable literary change that takes place in the novel?
2. Describe the character of Billy.
3. What are some negatives that Billy experiences in Part 2, Chapter 13?
4. How does Dr. Rivers's treatment of Moffet make Dr. Rivers feel? Why?
5. How long must Ngea's widow remain in mourning and what does the mourning entail?
6. Why is Ada trying to protect her daughter from Billy?
7. What is ironic about Billy's death?
8. Who is Ngea? Describe his death.
9. What provokes Dr. Rivers's dreams of Njiru?
10. When Billy and Elinor are in bed, what does Billy struggle with?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)