|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state of mind is Billy in when the novel opens?
(a) Excited to be married.
(b) Proud of himself for bravery.
(c) He feels like the luckiest man on earth.
(d) Waiting for his life to start.
2. What are Billy and his soldiers waiting for in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) The war to end.
(b) To fight.
(c) Medals of honor.
(d) To get healthy.
3. What does Dr. Rivers reminisce about?
(a) The one who got away.
(b) His childhood.
(c) The man he saved.
(d) His time in the war.
4. In Bradford, what type of woman does Billy meet?
(c) Lady of the evening.
(d) Female officer.
5. What affliction did Charles Dodgson suffer from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ada live with?
2. Where is Ethel during the visit?
3. How does Billy feel when he arrives in France?
4. Where do Billy's men stay in Part 2, Chapter 9?
5. When was Dr. Rivers scared of scissors as a boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dr. Rivers feel about Billy returning to war and why?
2. Describe the meeting between Elinor and Billy.
3. What is the irony in the lifestyle the officers are living in Part 2, Chapter 9?
4. Describe the setting where the officers are staying in Part 2, Chapter 9.
5. Explain the speech impediment Dr. Rivers had as a youth and what caused it.
6. What is significant about Billy's reunion with Hallet?
7. What happens to Moffet when feeling returns to his legs?
8. Why is Ada trying to protect her daughter from Billy?
9. Explain the health problem Wansbeck suffers from.
10. Describe the character of Billy.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)