|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the village the officers stay in affected by the war?
(a) It's dangerous.
(b) It's frightened.
(c) It's thriving.
(d) It's ruined.
2. What does Billy try to hide from the doctor during his medical examination?
3. What is the price for a white woman for sale?
(a) 40 pounds.
(b) 5 pounds.
(c) 80 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
4. What is the effect of Dr. Rivers fever?
(a) He dies.
(b) Lost appetite.
(c) Strange dreams.
(d) Brain damage.
5. Dr. Rivers becomes ill with what?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(c) Chicken pox.
(d) The flu.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Elinor and Billy end up together in Part 1, Chapter 3?
2. What does Dr. Rivers feel for Billy?
3. What does Dr. Rivers think of Geoffrey before he meets him?
4. In Bradford, what type of woman does Billy meet?
5. Where does Elinor have a room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the irony in the lifestyle the officers are living in Part 2, Chapter 9?
2. Describe the meeting between Elinor and Billy.
3. On the steamer, what is Brennan's intent with Dr. Rivers and how does he go about it?
4. In Dr. Rivers flashback to Njiru, the witch doctor, what does Dr. Rivers think of Njiru's ability?
5. Why does Billy try to downplay his asthma to the medical board?
6. Why is Ada trying to protect her daughter from Billy?
7. When Billy and Elinor are in bed, what does Billy struggle with?
8. Describe the relationship between Dr. Rivers and Njiru.
9. Explain the treatment Dr. Rivers gives to Moffet to heal his hysterical paralysis.
10. Describe the overall relationship Dr. Rivers shares with his family.
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)