|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Rivers feel about Geoffrey when he meets him?
(a) Geoffrey deserves to suffer.
(b) Geoffrey should be locked up.
(c) Geoffrey belongs in jail.
(d) He likes Geoffrey.
2. In Bradford, what type of woman does Billy meet?
(a) Lady of the evening.
(d) Female officer.
3. How does Billy feel about marriage?
(a) He wants to find a wife.
(b) He can't wait.
(c) It's a perfect union.
(d) He is not sure he is ready.
4. What does Geoffrey complain that he smells, at all times?
(b) His mother's perfume.
(c) Rotting flesh.
5. What does Njiru tell Dr. Rivers lives in the lower intestines?
(a) A cursed ruler.
(d) An octopus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the officers in mid-September?
2. Where did Dr. Rivers treat Billy in the past?
3. What image does Dr. Rivers remember at the end of Part 1, Chapter 4?
4. How is the village the officers stay in affected by the war?
5. How does the war affect Billy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the treatment Dr. Rivers gives to Moffet to heal his hysterical paralysis.
2. What is the initial result of Dr. Rivers getting the flu?
3. Describe Dr. Rivers's childhood.
4. Why does Billy want to fight in the war?
5. What is significant about Billy's reunion with Hallet?
6. Explain the speech impediment Dr. Rivers had as a youth and what caused it.
7. Why does Billy try to downplay his asthma to the medical board?
8. Describe Billy's last night in London.
9. Why does Dr. Rivers express concern about his childhood to his sister?
10. On the steamer, what is Brennan's intent with Dr. Rivers and how does he go about it?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)