|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the effect of Dr. Rivers fever?
(a) Lost appetite.
(b) Brain damage.
(c) He dies.
(d) Strange dreams.
2. What does Dr. Rivers see that causes him to start stammering?
(a) A war zone.
(b) A woman being slapped.
(c) Someone cutting their tongue.
(d) A painting of an amputation.
3. What does Dr. Rivers reminisce about?
(a) The man he saved.
(b) The one who got away.
(c) His time in the war.
(d) His childhood.
4. How can the character Billy be described?
(b) A commanding leader.
(d) "Too fussy to live."
5. In Part 1, Chapter 3, who does Elinor remind Billy of?
(a) His fiance.
(b) Father McKenzie.
(d) Dr. Rivers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of course does Hallet take?
2. What motivates Billy to fight in France?
3. Who did Geoffrey kill?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 9, how does Billy feel about being in the war?
5. Where does Brennan claim white women can be bought?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the health problem Moffet suffers from.
2. Explain Njiru's deformity and how he handles it.
3. Explain the treatment Dr. Rivers gives to Moffet to heal his hysterical paralysis.
4. What is significant about Billy's reunion with Hallet?
5. Why is Sarah's mother an ironic character?
6. When Billy and Elinor are in bed, what does Billy struggle with?
7. Describe the character Sarah and her relationship with Billy.
8. In Part 2, Chapter 9, how does Billy feel about the choice he made to return to France to fight?
9. Why is Ada trying to protect her daughter from Billy?
10. Describe Billy's last night in London.
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)