|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Bradford, what type of woman does Billy meet?
(b) Female officer.
(c) Lady of the evening.
2. What is the effect of Dr. Rivers fever?
(a) Lost appetite.
(b) Strange dreams.
(c) He dies.
(d) Brain damage.
3. What condition is Elinor in when she meets Billy?
4. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 6, what does Billy try to convince Dr. Rivers?
(a) He sees ghosts.
(b) He wants to die.
(c) Fighting is good for him.
(d) He has a French lover.
5. What does Njiru cure a woman of in Dr. Rivers presence?
Short Answer Questions
1. How can the character Billy be described?
2. What does Billy do his last night in London?
3. What does Ada do on Saturday nights?
4. Where does Billy meet up with Charles Manning?
5. At the beginning of the novel, what is Billy afraid of becoming?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dr. Rivers express concern about his childhood to his sister?
2. Describe the character of Billy.
3. Why does Billy want to fight in the war?
4. How does Dr. Rivers feel about Billy returning to war and why?
5. Why does Billy try to downplay his asthma to the medical board?
6. What is Billy's mental state upon returning to France?
7. What happens to Moffet when feeling returns to his legs?
8. Explain the speech impediment Dr. Rivers had as a youth and what caused it.
9. When Billy and Elinor are in bed, what does Billy struggle with?
10. What is the benefit of being an officer instead of a soldier?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)