|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has children with a native?
(a) Josh Brown.
2. Where does Elinor have a room?
(b) The local boarding house.
(c) The mental institution.
(d) The barracks.
3. What date is it at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 7?
(a) August, 1918.
(b) August, 1942.
(c) August, 1969.
(d) August, 1992.
4. How does Moffet respond to his cure?
(a) Thanking Dr. Rivers.
(b) Signing up for a marathon.
(c) Dedicating his life to Dr. Rivers.
(d) Attempted suicide.
5. What does Mitchell focus on while questioning Billy?
(a) His loyalty to his unit.
(b) His love for his country.
(c) His asthma and prior attacks.
(d) His bravery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Dr. Rivers want Billy to return to war?
2. Does Dr. Rivers want Billy to fight?
3. How does Billy feel when he arrives in France?
4. Why was Dr. Rivers scared of scissors as a boy?
5. Who did Geoffrey kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dr. Rivers feel about Billy returning to war and why?
2. What is the benefit of being an officer instead of a soldier?
3. What is the irony in the lifestyle the officers are living in Part 2, Chapter 9?
4. Describe the setting where the officers are staying in Part 2, Chapter 9.
5. Why is Sarah's mother an ironic character?
6. When Billy and Elinor are in bed, what does Billy struggle with?
7. Why does Billy want to fight in the war?
8. Describe Billy's last night in London.
9. Describe the character of Billy.
10. What is significant about Billy's reunion with Hallet?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)