|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war does Billy want to fight in?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) The French and Indian War.
2. Where is Billy preparing to go at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5?
3. At the beginning of the novel, what is Billy afraid of becoming?
(a) A munitions worker.
(b) A dishonor to his counrty.
(c) A defector.
(d) A general in the army.
4. What type of course does Hallet take?
(a) The Captain's Course.
(d) Morse code.
5. How do Billy and Sarah attempt to be alone?
(a) Faking headaches to stay home.
(b) Catching the train to Paris.
(c) Taking a canoe down the river.
(d) Running out of view.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Owen and Billy spend time in the past?
2. What changes in the narration in Part 2, Chapter 9?
3. What is the effect of Dr. Rivers fever?
4. Who does Dr. Rivers help?
5. What does Geoffrey complain that he smells, at all times?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting where the officers are staying in Part 2, Chapter 9.
2. Describe the character of Billy.
3. Why does Billy try to downplay his asthma to the medical board?
4. What is significant about Billy's reunion with Hallet?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 9, how does Billy feel about the choice he made to return to France to fight?
6. In Dr. Rivers flashback to Njiru, the witch doctor, what does Dr. Rivers think of Njiru's ability?
7. How does Dr. Rivers feel about Billy returning to war and why?
8. Explain the health problem Moffet suffers from.
9. Why is Ada trying to protect her daughter from Billy?
10. Explain the treatment Dr. Rivers gives to Moffet to heal his hysterical paralysis.
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)