|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it when Billy arrives in France?
2. What does Billy do his last night in London?
(a) Attempts suicide.
(b) Goes out.
(c) Visits Sarah.
(d) Goes to church.
3. What does Dr. Rivers hear when returning Moffet to bed?
(a) A clicking sound.
(b) Women wailing.
(d) A gunshot.
4. Why doesn't Dr. Rivers want Billy to return to war?
(a) His anemia.
(b) Billy suffers from hypothermia.
(c) His anger issues.
(d) Billy's recent memory problems.
5. How does Billy feel about marriage?
(a) He can't wait.
(b) He is not sure he is ready.
(c) He wants to find a wife.
(d) It's a perfect union.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Njiru cure a woman of in Dr. Rivers presence?
2. Why is Dr. Rivers worried Catherine's childhood?
3. Why is Billy sent back to England?
4. What date is it at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 7?
5. Where does Dr. Rivers work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Billy try to downplay his asthma to the medical board?
2. What is the initial result of Dr. Rivers getting the flu?
3. Why does Dr. Rivers express concern about his childhood to his sister?
4. What is the irony in the lifestyle the officers are living in Part 2, Chapter 9?
5. Describe the character of Billy.
6. What is the benefit of being an officer instead of a soldier?
7. Describe the character Sarah and her relationship with Billy.
8. What disturbs Billy about Hallet?
9. In Dr. Rivers flashback to Njiru, the witch doctor, what does Dr. Rivers think of Njiru's ability?
10. Describe the relationship between Dr. Rivers and Njiru.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)