|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Geoffrey kill?
(a) A German soldier.
(c) His best friend.
(d) A French soldier.
2. What state of mind is Billy in when the novel opens?
(a) Waiting for his life to start.
(b) He feels like the luckiest man on earth.
(c) Excited to be married.
(d) Proud of himself for bravery.
3. What was Dr. Rivers called as a boy?
4. What does Billy label his fellow soldiers?
(b) Ghosts in the making.
(c) Traitors to land and sea.
(d) Fighters until the end.
5. How long does it take for feeling to return to Moffet's legs?
(a) A couple of days.
(b) Two years.
(c) Two seconds.
(d) A month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mitchell question Billy in front of?
2. What does Dr. Rivers think of Geoffrey before he meets him?
3. What does Ada do on Saturday nights?
4. What does Mitchell focus on while questioning Billy?
5. Why is Dr. Rivers bothered by Moffet's recovery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the irony in the lifestyle the officers are living in Part 2, Chapter 9?
2. Explain the health problem Wansbeck suffers from.
3. Describe Billy's feelings for Sarah.
4. Why is Sarah's mother an ironic character?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 7, what is the noticeable literary change that takes place in the novel?
6. In Part 2, Chapter 9, how does Billy feel about the choice he made to return to France to fight?
7. Explain the health problem Moffet suffers from.
8. What disturbs Billy about Hallet?
9. When Billy learns he's returning to France, what is his reaction?
10. What is Billy's mental state upon returning to France?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)