|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of healer is Njiru?
(a) The head of neurology.
(b) A witch doctor.
(c) A reiki practicioner.
(d) A faith healer.
2. What is the effect of Dr. Rivers fever?
(a) He dies.
(b) Brain damage.
(c) Lost appetite.
(d) Strange dreams.
3. Who did Geoffrey kill?
(b) His best friend.
(c) A French soldier.
(d) A German soldier.
4. What is the view from the officer's residence?
(b) A village.
(c) A graveyard.
(d) A garden.
5. Does Dr. Rivers want Billy to fight?
(a) If Billy wants to.
(c) Yes, because he doesn't like Billy.
(d) Yes, because Billy is good at it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Moffet respond to his cure?
2. What was Dr. Rivers called as a boy?
3. Who does Billy run into prior to his medical exam?
4. Who does Mitchell question Billy in front of?
5. Where is Billy preparing to go at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. By Part 3, Chapter 16, why is Dr. Rivers one of the few doctors that remain practicing?
2. Describe the meeting between Elinor and Billy.
3. Explain the speech impediment Dr. Rivers had as a youth and what caused it.
4. What is Billy struggling with emotionally at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 17?
5. What is headhunting?
6. Describe Dr. Rivers's response in his feverish dreams to Emele's mourning.
7. What is Billy's state of mind in Part 2, Chapter 13?
8. How long must Ngea's widow remain in mourning and what does the mourning entail?
9. Why is Billy reminded of Craiglockhart in Part 3, Chapter 15?
10. Why does Billy want to fight in the war?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)