|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dr. Rivers bothered by Moffet's recovery?
(a) It's not based in medicine.
(b) It happens too fast.
(c) It happens too slow.
(d) He thinks Moffett is faking.
2. Who is Ethel to Catherine?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her driver.
(c) Her cook.
(d) Her sister and caretaker.
3. Who is Sarah to Billy?
(a) His mother.
(b) His nurse.
(c) His fiancee.
(d) His sister.
4. What war does Billy want to fight in?
(b) The Korean War.
(d) The French and Indian War.
5. How does Moffet respond to his cure?
(a) Attempted suicide.
(b) Dedicating his life to Dr. Rivers.
(c) Thanking Dr. Rivers.
(d) Signing up for a marathon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Bradford, what type of woman does Billy meet?
2. What does Geoffrey complain that he smells, at all times?
3. Who does Ada entertain on Sunday afternoons?
4. How do Billy and Sarah attempt to be alone?
5. Who does Dr. Rivers help?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Billy struggling with emotionally at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 17?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 7, what is the noticeable literary change that takes place in the novel?
3. By Part 3, Chapter 16, why is Dr. Rivers one of the few doctors that remain practicing?
4. Describe the overall relationship Dr. Rivers shares with his family.
5. Explain Njiru's deformity and how he handles it.
6. In Dr. Rivers flashback to Njiru, the witch doctor, what does Dr. Rivers think of Njiru's ability?
7. On the steamer, what is Brennan's intent with Dr. Rivers and how does he go about it?
8. Describe Dr. Rivers's childhood.
9. Describe the relationship between Dr. Rivers and Njiru.
10. When Billy and Elinor are in bed, what does Billy struggle with?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)