|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ian Moffet suffer from?
(a) Split personality disorder.
(b) Hysterical paralysis.
(c) Cerebral palsy.
2. What is the view from the officer's residence?
(a) A village.
(c) A graveyard.
(d) A garden.
3. Why is Billy sent back to England?
4. What does Dr. Rivers reminisce about?
(a) The man he saved.
(b) The one who got away.
(c) His time in the war.
(d) His childhood.
5. What is the purpose behind the drawings on Moffet's leg?
(a) To show Moffet how the war works.
(b) To outline the amputation strategy.
(c) To scare Moffet.
(d) To recover feeling in the area above the drawing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interferes with the time between Billy and Sarah?
2. What does Ada do on Saturday nights?
3. What does Billy label his fellow soldiers?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 3, who does Elinor remind Billy of?
5. What news does Billy receive at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the irony in the lifestyle the officers are living in Part 2, Chapter 9?
2. Why is Ada trying to protect her daughter from Billy?
3. What is significant about Billy's reunion with Hallet?
4. Explain the health problem Wansbeck suffers from.
5. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how does Billy describe his living conditions and why does this bother him?
6. Explain the treatment Dr. Rivers gives to Moffet to heal his hysterical paralysis.
7. Describe the responsibilities Billy has amassed, by Part 3, Chapter 15.
8. In Part 3, Chapter 14, what does the spirit of Ngea do in is Dr. Rivers's dream?
9. Based on Billy's diary, describe a typical day in France for Billy.
10. Describe the cave visited by Dr. Rivers after Ngea's death.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)