|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interferes with the time between Billy and Sarah?
(b) Father McKenzie.
(d) Grandma Sue.
2. Where is Billy preparing to go at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5?
3. Who has children with a native?
(d) Josh Brown.
4. What does Dr. Rivers reminisce about?
(a) His time in the war.
(b) His childhood.
(c) The man he saved.
(d) The one who got away.
5. Where do Billy's men stay in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) In a church.
(b) At a residence.
(c) In the dorms.
(d) In tents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title is Billy given in Part 2, Chapter 9?
2. How does Dr. Rivers feel about Geoffrey when he meets him?
3. Who is Ethel to Catherine?
4. Why is Dr. Rivers worried Catherine's childhood?
5. When was Dr. Rivers scared of scissors as a boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Dr. Rivers flashback to Njiru, the witch doctor, what does Dr. Rivers think of Njiru's ability?
2. Describe the setting where the officers are staying in Part 2, Chapter 9.
3. In Part 2, Chapter 9, how does Billy feel about the choice he made to return to France to fight?
4. What is Billy's mental state upon returning to France?
5. Describe the character of Billy.
6. What is the benefit of being an officer instead of a soldier?
7. Describe the overall relationship Dr. Rivers shares with his family.
8. When Billy and Elinor are in bed, what does Billy struggle with?
9. Explain Njiru's deformity and how he handles it.
10. Describe the meeting between Elinor and Billy.
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)