|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has children with a native?
(b) Josh Brown.
2. In Part 2, Chapter 9, what type of transportation does Billy take?
3. What is the effect of Dr. Rivers fever?
(a) Lost appetite.
(b) Brain damage.
(c) He dies.
(d) Strange dreams.
4. How can the character Billy be described?
(c) A commanding leader.
(d) "Too fussy to live."
5. In Part 1, Chapter 3, who does Elinor remind Billy of?
(a) Dr. Rivers.
(b) Father McKenzie.
(d) His fiance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sarah to Billy?
2. Why was Dr. Rivers scared of scissors as a boy?
3. Dr. Rivers becomes ill with what?
4. What does Ian Moffet suffer from?
5. Where do the officers sleep in Part 2, Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Dr. Rivers flashback to Njiru, the witch doctor, what does Dr. Rivers think of Njiru's ability?
2. What is the irony in the lifestyle the officers are living in Part 2, Chapter 9?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 7, what is the noticeable literary change that takes place in the novel?
4. Explain the health problem Wansbeck suffers from.
5. Describe the relationship between Dr. Rivers and Njiru.
6. Explain the treatment Dr. Rivers gives to Moffet to heal his hysterical paralysis.
7. Describe the character Sarah and her relationship with Billy.
8. Describe the meeting between Elinor and Billy.
9. Why is Sarah's mother an ironic character?
10. Explain the health problem Moffet suffers from.
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)