|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What date is it at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 7?
(a) August, 1942.
(b) August, 1992.
(c) August, 1918.
(d) August, 1969.
2. Why is Dr. Rivers bothered by Moffet's recovery?
(a) It happens too slow.
(b) It happens too fast.
(c) It's not based in medicine.
(d) He thinks Moffett is faking.
3. What does Billy think of Sarah by the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) She's promiscuous.
(b) She is an angel.
(c) He can do better.
(d) He is in love.
4. Why was Dr. Rivers scared of scissors as a boy?
(a) He was scared of shiny things.
(b) He was chased with them.
(c) He thought they cut body parts off.
(d) He hated the sight of metal.
5. How does Moffet respond to his cure?
(a) Attempted suicide.
(b) Signing up for a marathon.
(c) Dedicating his life to Dr. Rivers.
(d) Thanking Dr. Rivers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Brennan claim white women can be bought?
2. Billy thinks Hallet is too _____ to fight?
3. What does Njiru tell Dr. Rivers lives in the lower intestines?
4. Where did Dr. Rivers complete a mission?
5. Where do Billy's men stay in Part 2, Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Dr. Rivers and Njiru.
2. Why is Sarah's mother an ironic character?
3. Explain the health problem Moffet suffers from.
4. What is the benefit of being an officer instead of a soldier?
5. On the steamer, what is Brennan's intent with Dr. Rivers and how does he go about it?
6. Why does Billy try to downplay his asthma to the medical board?
7. Describe Billy's last night in London.
8. Describe the character Sarah and her relationship with Billy.
9. What happens to Moffet when feeling returns to his legs?
10. How does Dr. Rivers feel about Billy returning to war and why?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)