|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of course does Hallet take?
(b) The Captain's Course.
(d) Morse code.
2. Where does Njiru meet Dr. Rivers?
(a) At the shore.
(b) In the forest.
(c) On the ship.
(d) Outside a tent.
3. What is the purpose behind the drawings on Moffet's leg?
(a) To outline the amputation strategy.
(b) To scare Moffet.
(c) To show Moffet how the war works.
(d) To recover feeling in the area above the drawing.
4. What motivates Billy to fight in France?
(a) The Medal of Honor.
(b) Hatred for the French.
(c) Lack of a life plan.
(d) Violent tendencies.
5. Where did Dr. Rivers complete a mission?
(a) Island Petro.
(b) Pearl Harbor.
(c) Canary Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy try to hide from the doctor during his medical examination?
2. What does Dr. Rivers feel for Billy?
3. What does Dr. Rivers reminisce about?
4. What is the price for a white woman for sale?
5. What does Geoffrey complain that he smells, at all times?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Billy try to downplay his asthma to the medical board?
2. Why does Billy want to fight in the war?
3. Describe the overall relationship Dr. Rivers shares with his family.
4. What is the benefit of being an officer instead of a soldier?
5. What is the initial result of Dr. Rivers getting the flu?
6. What happens to Moffet when feeling returns to his legs?
7. Describe the relationship between Dr. Rivers and Njiru.
8. Describe Dr. Rivers's childhood.
9. Describe Billy's last night in London.
10. Why does Dr. Rivers express concern about his childhood to his sister?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)