|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Rivers feel about Geoffrey when he meets him?
(a) He likes Geoffrey.
(b) Geoffrey belongs in jail.
(c) Geoffrey deserves to suffer.
(d) Geoffrey should be locked up.
2. Who is Ethel to Catherine?
(a) Her cook.
(b) Her driver.
(c) Her sister and caretaker.
(d) Her best friend.
3. Who is Dr. Rivers named after?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) The barber.
(c) The president.
(d) His uncle.
4. What does Dr. Rivers see that causes him to start stammering?
(a) Someone cutting their tongue.
(b) A war zone.
(c) A woman being slapped.
(d) A painting of an amputation.
5. What does Dr. Rivers feel for Billy?
(c) Fatherly affection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Rivers help?
2. Billy is put on the line after how many weeks?
3. What changes in the narration in Part 2, Chapter 9?
4. What does Billy think of Sarah by the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
5. What does Dr. Rivers reminisce about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens in Dr. Rivers dream in Part 2, Chapter 12, when the conch shell is blown.
2. When Billy learns he's returning to France, what is his reaction?
3. When Billy and Elinor are in bed, what does Billy struggle with?
4. Describe Billy's feelings for Sarah.
5. Explain the speech impediment Dr. Rivers had as a youth and what caused it.
6. Describe the character of Billy.
7. Why is Sarah's mother an ironic character?
8. Based on Billy's diary, describe a typical day in France for Billy.
9. Describe the meeting between Elinor and Billy.
10. Describe Billy's last night in London.
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)