Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dr. Rivers worried Catherine's childhood?
(a) She grew up too fast.
(b) He remembers it better than his.
(c) She hated it.
(d) He thinks she was traumatized.
2. How long does it take for feeling to return to Moffet's legs?
(a) Two years.
(b) A couple of days.
(c) A month.
(d) Two seconds.
3. What happens to the officers in mid-September?
(a) They die in an attack.
(b) They catch the flu.
(c) They're all sent to the front.
(d) They're all sent home.
4. What does Ian Moffet suffer from?
(b) Hysterical paralysis.
(c) Cerebral palsy.
(d) Split personality disorder.
5. When was Dr. Rivers scared of scissors as a boy?
(a) During a fight.
(b) During a haircut.
(c) Wrapping a gift.
(d) When his mother sewed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ethel during the visit?
2. At the beginning of the novel, what is Billy afraid of becoming?
3. What was Dr. Rivers called as a boy?
4. What article of clothing does Billy show Cynthia?
5. Who has children with a native?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is with Hallett during his death?
2. Based on Billy's diary, describe a typical day in France for Billy.
3. Why is Billy reminded of Craiglockhart in Part 3, Chapter 15?
4. How long must Ngea's widow remain in mourning and what does the mourning entail?
5. Describe Dr. Rivers's childhood.
6. Describe the meeting between Elinor and Billy.
7. What is unique about Billy's sexual conquest in Part 3, Chapter 17 and what worries him after?
8. Explain the health problem Wansbeck suffers from.
9. Describe the character of Billy.
10. Describe Billy's last night in London.
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)