|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Rivers hear when returning Moffet to bed?
(b) A gunshot.
(c) Women wailing.
(d) A clicking sound.
2. How long does it take for feeling to return to Moffet's legs?
(a) A month.
(b) A couple of days.
(c) Two seconds.
(d) Two years.
3. Why was Dr. Rivers scared of scissors as a boy?
(a) He thought they cut body parts off.
(b) He was scared of shiny things.
(c) He hated the sight of metal.
(d) He was chased with them.
4. What condition is Elinor in when she meets Billy?
5. Who does Ada entertain on Sunday afternoons?
(a) The local vicar.
(b) Her sewing circle.
(c) Billy and Sarah.
(d) The prime minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ada live with?
2. Who did Geoffrey kill?
3. What state of mind is Billy in when the novel opens?
4. Where does Elinor have a room?
5. How is the village the officers stay in affected by the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about Billy's reunion with Hallet?
2. Why is Ada trying to protect her daughter from Billy?
3. When Billy learns he's returning to France, what is his reaction?
4. When Billy and Elinor are in bed, what does Billy struggle with?
5. Why does Billy try to downplay his asthma to the medical board?
6. Explain the health problem Wansbeck suffers from.
7. On the steamer, what is Brennan's intent with Dr. Rivers and how does he go about it?
8. In Part 2, Chapter 9, how does Billy feel about the choice he made to return to France to fight?
9. What happens to Moffet when feeling returns to his legs?
10. What is the benefit of being an officer instead of a soldier?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)