|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Billy thinks Hallet is too _____ to fight?
2. Who does Ada entertain on Sunday afternoons?
(a) Her sewing circle.
(b) Billy and Sarah.
(c) The local vicar.
(d) The prime minister.
3. What article of clothing does Billy show Cynthia?
(a) A mini skirt.
(b) A bow.
(c) Women's underwear.
(d) A pair of stockings.
4. Who does Dr. Rivers help?
5. What does Ada do on Saturday nights?
(a) Goes to the bar.
(b) Helps Billy cook and clean.
(c) Feeds the hungry.
(d) Attends seances.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Billy's men stay in Part 2, Chapter 9?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 9, how does Billy feel about being in the war?
3. Dr. Rivers is willing to treat Ian Moffet's problem, in spite of what?
4. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 6, what does Billy try to convince Dr. Rivers?
5. What are Billy and his soldiers waiting for in Part 2, Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Moffet when feeling returns to his legs?
2. Why does Dr. Rivers express concern about his childhood to his sister?
3. Describe the overall relationship Dr. Rivers shares with his family.
4. Explain the treatment Dr. Rivers gives to Moffet to heal his hysterical paralysis.
5. Describe the meeting between Elinor and Billy.
6. Describe the setting where the officers are staying in Part 2, Chapter 9.
7. Why is Ada trying to protect her daughter from Billy?
8. How does Dr. Rivers feel about Billy returning to war and why?
9. How does Dr. Rivers's treatment of Moffet make Dr. Rivers feel? Why?
10. In Part 2, Chapter 7, what is the noticeable literary change that takes place in the novel?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)