|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Dr. Rivers travel with in the South Pacific?
(a) Josh Brown.
2. Where do the troops live in France?
3. Billy is put on the line after how many weeks?
4. Who does Ada live with?
(a) Her fiance.
(b) A housekeeper.
(c) Cynthia and Sarah.
5. In Bradford, what type of woman does Billy meet?
(a) Female officer.
(c) Lady of the evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Billy see at the embarkation point?
2. The accommodations in France remind Billy of what?
3. What motivates Billy to fight in France?
4. Where do Billy's men stay in Part 2, Chapter 9?
5. What makes it hard for Elinor to walk when she meets Billy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting where the officers are staying in Part 2, Chapter 9.
2. Explain Njiru's deformity and how he handles it.
3. What is the initial result of Dr. Rivers getting the flu?
4. Why does Dr. Rivers express concern about his childhood to his sister?
5. Why is it ironic that Mitchell does not ask Billy about shell shock in front of the medical board?
6. What is the benefit of being an officer instead of a soldier?
7. When Billy learns he's returning to France, what is his reaction?
8. Explain the speech impediment Dr. Rivers had as a youth and what caused it.
9. What is Billy's mental state upon returning to France?
10. In Part 2, Chapter 9, how does Billy feel about the choice he made to return to France to fight?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)