|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What article of clothing does Billy show Cynthia?
(a) A pair of stockings.
(b) Women's underwear.
(c) A bow.
(d) A mini skirt.
2. What is Njiru's physical affliction?
(b) He is missing a thumb.
(c) A curved spine.
(d) He has one leg.
3. Where is Ethel during the visit?
(a) Visiting her mother.
(b) Taking the day off.
(c) Listening from the other room.
(d) By Catherine's side.
4. Why is Dr. Rivers worried Catherine's childhood?
(a) He thinks she was traumatized.
(b) He remembers it better than his.
(c) She grew up too fast.
(d) She hated it.
5. In Part 2, Chapter 9, what do the officers argue about over dinner?
(a) Why England is still at war.
(b) Who pays for the meal.
(c) Which soldier deserves a promotion.
(d) What type of wine to order.
Short Answer Questions
1. The accommodations in France remind Billy of what?
2. Where does Njiru meet Dr. Rivers?
3. What does Dr. Rivers feel for Billy?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 9, how does Billy feel about being in the war?
5. What was Dr. Rivers called as a boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the benefit of being an officer instead of a soldier?
2. Where do Billy and Dr. Rivers meet?
3. Describe the overall relationship Dr. Rivers shares with his family.
4. Describe Billy's last night in London.
5. What disturbs Billy about Hallet?
6. What happens to Moffet when feeling returns to his legs?
7. Describe Billy's feelings for Sarah.
8. In Part 2, Chapter 7, what is the noticeable literary change that takes place in the novel?
9. What is Billy's mental state upon returning to France?
10. Describe the setting where the officers are staying in Part 2, Chapter 9.
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)