|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy think of Sarah by the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) He is in love.
(b) She is an angel.
(c) He can do better.
(d) She's promiscuous.
2. How does Billy feel when he arrives in France?
3. What was Dr. Rivers called as a boy?
4. What does Dr. Rivers see that causes him to start stammering?
(a) Someone cutting their tongue.
(b) A woman being slapped.
(c) A war zone.
(d) A painting of an amputation.
5. In Part 2, Chapter 9, what type of transportation does Billy take?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ada entertain on Sunday afternoons?
2. What does Dr. Rivers draw on Moffet's legs?
3. What date is it at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 7?
4. How does Dr. Rivers feel about Geoffrey when he meets him?
5. In Bradford, what type of woman does Billy meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it ironic that Mitchell does not ask Billy about shell shock in front of the medical board?
2. Why does Dr. Rivers express concern about his childhood to his sister?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 9, how does Billy feel about the choice he made to return to France to fight?
4. Why does Billy want to fight in the war?
5. Describe Dr. Rivers's childhood.
6. Why is Sarah's mother an ironic character?
7. What disturbs Billy about Hallet?
8. What is significant about Billy's reunion with Hallet?
9. Where do Billy and Dr. Rivers meet?
10. How does Dr. Rivers's treatment of Moffet make Dr. Rivers feel? Why?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)