|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Rivers hear when returning Moffet to bed?
(a) Women wailing.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) A clicking sound.
2. In Part 2, Chapter 9, how does Billy feel about being in the war?
3. What did Dr. Rivers think of Njiru's methods?
(a) They do not get to the root of the problem.
(b) They are unsanitary.
(c) He can learn from them.
(d) They are black magic.
4. Where does Njiru meet Dr. Rivers?
(a) On the ship.
(b) At the shore.
(c) In the forest.
(d) Outside a tent.
5. Dr. Rivers is willing to treat Ian Moffet's problem, in spite of what?
(a) Lack of a cause.
(b) Disdain from the military board.
(c) Lack of funds.
(d) Protests from Ian's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Njiru's physical affliction?
2. What image does Dr. Rivers remember at the end of Part 1, Chapter 4?
3. What makes it hard for Elinor to walk when she meets Billy?
4. What color is the tint of Sarah's face, due to her work?
5. What does Billy do his last night in London?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting where the officers are staying in Part 2, Chapter 9.
2. Describe Dr. Rivers's childhood.
3. Explain Njiru's deformity and how he handles it.
4. Explain the treatment Dr. Rivers gives to Moffet to heal his hysterical paralysis.
5. Describe Billy's feelings for Sarah.
6. Explain the speech impediment Dr. Rivers had as a youth and what caused it.
7. Why is Ada trying to protect her daughter from Billy?
8. What is significant about Billy's reunion with Hallet?
9. Describe the character Sarah and her relationship with Billy.
10. Describe the meeting between Elinor and Billy.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)