|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will the funeral boat take Ngea?
(a) To his grave.
(b) To heaven.
(c) To sea.
(d) To an island.
2. What are phantasms asking Sassoon?
(a) Why he is not at war.
(b) Where to get some food.
(c) When he will join them.
(d) To give them some water.
3. What does Billy do with his watch in Part 3, Chapter 18?
(a) Breaks it.
(b) Sells it.
(c) Sends it home.
(d) Awaits synchronization.
4. Who does Wansbeck admit to having conversations with?
(a) The deceased woman he almost married.
(b) His mother.
(c) The ghost of the soldier he killed.
(d) Dr. Rivers.
5. Does Dr. Rivers plan to interfere with Emele's crouching stance?
(b) Only if she faints.
(d) Only if Billy arrives on site.
6. Where does Billy fight from in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 13?
(b) He doesn't.
7. What happens to Longstaffe in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) He fights Billy.
(b) He is wounded.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He defects.
8. Why does Dr. Rivers feel like the war has ended?
(a) The weather is nice.
(b) People act as though it already has.
(c) His sister tells him it has.
(d) He is not busy at work.
9. What is Billy's nickname?
(a) Fledgling Soldier.
(b) Captain Hook.
(c) The Canary.
(d) The Goat.
10. Where does Dr. Rivers visit with Njiru, following Ngea's death?
(a) A volcano.
(b) A cave at Pa Na Keru.
(c) The dwelling in Forest Tree Whole.
(d) A riverbed.
11. Billy is afraid his battalion will do what in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) Imprison him.
(b) Promote him.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Abandon him.
12. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what does Billy have to march through?
(a) The mountains.
(b) Hungry children and angry farmers.
(c) Snow and ice.
(d) Dead bodies and stagnant water.
13. At Craiglockhart, how did Dr. Rivers get his patients to confide their feelings?
(c) He would make them feel safe.
14. What does Emele need to be successful in order to end her crouching?
(a) Stick gathering.
(b) The eclipse.
(c) The headhunt.
(d) Game hunting.
15. What surprises Dr. Rivers at the end of Part 3, Chapter 16?
(a) A return of the flu.
(b) He's assigned to Billy's battalion.
(c) Sarah visits him.
(d) Billy is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does blowing the conch shell do for the chief's widow?
2. Whose hut does Dr. Rivers dream of approaching in Part 2, Chapter 12?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how do the enlisted men spend their mornings?
4. Who cares for Dr. Rivers in Part 2, Chapter 10?
5. How much longer does Billy think the war will continue?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)