|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Ngea's skull?
(a) It is placed in the skull house.
(b) His widow rests with it.
(c) It is burned.
(d) It is sent to sea.
2. In Part 3, Chapter 18, why are few doctors working in the ward?
(a) The flu epidemic.
(b) Low wages.
(c) They have died.
(d) To protest the war.
3. Does Dr. Rivers plan to interfere with Emele's crouching stance?
(b) Only if she faints.
(c) Only if Billy arrives on site.
4. Where does Dr. Rivers visit with Njiru, following Ngea's death?
(a) A riverbed.
(b) The dwelling in Forest Tree Whole.
(c) A cave at Pa Na Keru.
(d) A volcano.
5. What is Emele's physical appearance when the conch is blown?
(a) Bent over and crippled.
(b) Bleeding from her knees.
(c) Tired and haggard.
(d) Glowing and renewed.
6. Where does Part 2, Chapter 13 take place?
(c) United States.
7. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what type of weapons do Billy's battalion fear they will march against?
8. What does Emele need to be successful in order to end her crouching?
(a) Game hunting.
(b) The headhunt.
(c) The eclipse.
(d) Stick gathering.
9. What does Harrington attempt and fail at while at war?
(a) Shooting a soldier.
(b) Bombing a small village.
(d) Helping a friend who is dying.
10. Where will the funeral boat take Ngea?
(a) To his grave.
(b) To an island.
(c) To heaven.
(d) To sea.
11. What do the officers order the troops not to believe in?
(a) Five more years of war.
(b) The hope for peace.
(c) Their fellow man.
(d) The promise of more food.
12. Where does Dr. Rivers dream of in Part 3, Chapter 14?
(c) The countryside.
13. What happens to Hallett in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) He goes home.
(b) He gets married.
(c) He is injured.
(d) He is killed.
14. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how do the enlisted men spend their afternoons?
(b) Doing drills.
(c) Playing games.
15. While ill, how does Dr. Rivers get news of the war?
(a) Letters from Billy.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) Watching the news.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Billy fight from in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 13?
2. How old is the boy Njiru brings back to the village?
3. During headhunting, is someone decapitated?
4. Who cares for Dr. Rivers in Part 2, Chapter 10?
5. Where is Dr. Rivers dreaming about in Part 2, Chapter 10?.
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)