|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the soldiers do on Sunday mornings?
(a) Sing war songs.
(b) Rise at dawn.
(c) Sleep in.
(d) Play cards.
2. What condition are the villages of France in?
(a) Run down.
3. Who is rumored to call for peace?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how do the enlisted men spend their mornings?
(b) Watching the news.
(c) Talking politics.
5. What is Billy's nickname?
(a) The Goat.
(b) Fledgling Soldier.
(c) The Canary.
(d) Captain Hook.
6. What is Billy writing in at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) His journal.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) The bible.
(d) A map.
7. What does Emele need to be successful in order to end her crouching?
(a) The headhunt.
(b) The eclipse.
(c) Game hunting.
(d) Stick gathering.
8. Where has Hallett been shot?
(a) In the chest.
(b) In his foot.
(c) In the face.
(d) In his arm.
9. Where is Ngea's body escorted to, prior to meeting the funeral boat?
(a) A cave.
(b) The barracks.
(c) A ledge.
(d) The beach.
10. What does blowing the conch shell do for the chief's widow?
(a) Frees her from crouching.
(b) Sends her spirit to heaven.
(c) Acknowledges her love for the chief.
(d) Helps her select a new husband.
11. What lifestyle does Dr. Rivers dream of at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 12?
12. Who cares for Dr. Rivers in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) His sister.
(b) His father.
(c) A fellow doctor.
(d) His landlady.
13. What does Billy do with his watch in Part 3, Chapter 18?
(a) Breaks it.
(b) Awaits synchronization.
(c) Sends it home.
(d) Sells it.
14. What worries Dr. Rivers during his dream in Part 2, Chapter 12?
(b) Emele's fate.
(d) Kathleen's health.
15. What does Harrington attempt and fail at while at war?
(a) Bombing a small village.
(b) Shooting a soldier.
(d) Helping a friend who is dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Longstaffe in Part 2, Chapter 13?
2. At Craiglockhart, how did Dr. Rivers get his patients to confide their feelings?
3. During headhunting, is someone decapitated?
4. What smell reminds Billy of home?
5. What type of weather does Dr. Rivers remember from Eddystone?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)