|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lifestyle does Dr. Rivers dream of at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 12?
2. What do the soldiers do on Sunday mornings?
(a) Sing war songs.
(b) Sleep in.
(c) Rise at dawn.
(d) Play cards.
3. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how do the enlisted men spend their mornings?
(a) Talking politics.
(b) Watching the news.
4. What does Billy do with his watch in Part 3, Chapter 18?
(a) Awaits synchronization.
(b) Breaks it.
(c) Sends it home.
(d) Sells it.
5. What does Harrington attempt and fail at while at war?
(a) Helping a friend who is dying.
(b) Bombing a small village.
(c) Shooting a soldier.
6. Whose hut does Dr. Rivers dream of approaching in Part 2, Chapter 12?
7. What happens to Billy in battle, as he heads across the water?
(a) He has a panic attack.
(b) He's shot.
(c) He faints.
(d) He's invincible.
8. Where does Billy fight from in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 13?
(d) He doesn't.
9. Where does Dr. Rivers dream of in Part 3, Chapter 14?
(a) The countryside.
10. How old is the boy Njiru brings back to the village?
11. What surprises Dr. Rivers at the end of Part 3, Chapter 16?
(a) A return of the flu.
(b) He's assigned to Billy's battalion.
(c) Billy is dead.
(d) Sarah visits him.
12. Where does Billy work on the front lines?
(a) Behind the captain.
(b) A foxhole.
(c) Behind the cannon.
(d) In a tank.
13. During headhunting, is someone decapitated?
(a) It depends on community need.
(d) If the moon is full.
14. Where will the funeral boat take Ngea?
(a) To his grave.
(b) To sea.
(c) To an island.
(d) To heaven.
15. What does blowing the conch shell do for the chief's widow?
(a) Acknowledges her love for the chief.
(b) Frees her from crouching.
(c) Sends her spirit to heaven.
(d) Helps her select a new husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition are the villages of France in?
2. Dr. Rivers hears a girl meets for sex with how many boys?
3. Who cares for Dr. Rivers in Part 2, Chapter 10?
4. What is Billy's nickname?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how do the enlisted men spend their afternoons?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)