|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the spirit's channel at Ngea's seance?
(d) Dr. Rivers.
2. What does Njiru wear in Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) A crown.
(b) A white cloth.
(c) A flower.
(d) A sheet.
3. What condition are the villages of France in?
(a) Run down.
4. What happens to Billy in battle, as he heads across the water?
(a) He faints.
(b) He's shot.
(c) He's invincible.
(d) He has a panic attack.
5. Where does Dr. Rivers visit with Njiru, following Ngea's death?
(a) A riverbed.
(b) A volcano.
(c) A cave at Pa Na Keru.
(d) The dwelling in Forest Tree Whole.
6. Whose hut does Dr. Rivers dream of approaching in Part 2, Chapter 12?
7. What is the date in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) September, 1970.
(b) October, 1918.
(c) August, 1993.
(d) November, 1943.
8. In the past generation, Njiru's island's population has dropped by what percentage?
9. What does blowing the conch shell do for the chief's widow?
(a) Acknowledges her love for the chief.
(b) Sends her spirit to heaven.
(c) Frees her from crouching.
(d) Helps her select a new husband.
10. How much longer does Billy think the war will continue?
(a) Five years.
(b) One year.
(c) He thinks it's ending.
(d) Two years.
11. What type of drill does Billy run?
(b) Gas mask.
(c) Mess hall.
12. Dr. Rivers hears a girl meets for sex with how many boys?
13. What are phantasms asking Sassoon?
(a) Why he is not at war.
(b) To give them some water.
(c) When he will join them.
(d) Where to get some food.
14. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what type of weapons do Billy's battalion fear they will march against?
15. Where is Dr. Rivers dreaming about in Part 2, Chapter 10?.
(b) Island Kinney.
(c) The Himalayans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Billy's living conditions in Part 2, Chapter 11 are in what condition?
2. What does the Marshall-of-the-Ten-Wounds plan to build?
3. Where has Hallett been shot?
4. What do the soldiers do on Sunday mornings?
5. What do the officers order the troops not to believe in?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)