|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the past generation, Njiru's island's population has dropped by what percentage?
2. Where is Billy assigned to fight at the end of Part 3, Chapter 15?
(a) He is sent to Craiglockhart.
(b) He is sent home.
(c) At the back of the line.
(d) The front line.
3. What happens to Ngea's skull?
(a) It is burned.
(b) It is sent to sea.
(c) His widow rests with it.
(d) It is placed in the skull house.
4. While ill, how does Dr. Rivers get news of the war?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Watching the news.
(c) Letters from Billy.
(d) The newspaper.
5. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what type of weapons do Billy's battalion fear they will march against?
6. What does Emele need to be successful in order to end her crouching?
(a) Game hunting.
(b) The eclipse.
(c) Stick gathering.
(d) The headhunt.
7. In Part 3, Chapter 18, why are few doctors working in the ward?
(a) The flu epidemic.
(b) They have died.
(c) Low wages.
(d) To protest the war.
8. What animal does Dr. Rivers see on his visit with Njiru?
(a) A lion.
(c) A tiger.
9. What surprises Dr. Rivers at the end of Part 3, Chapter 16?
(a) Billy is dead.
(b) He's assigned to Billy's battalion.
(c) Sarah visits him.
(d) A return of the flu.
10. In Part 3, Chapter 15, who does Billy live with that he knew in the past?
(a) Dr. Rivers.
(d) Soldiers from Craiglockhart.
11. What happens to Longstaffe in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is wounded.
(c) He defects.
(d) He fights Billy.
12. What worries Dr. Rivers during his dream in Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) Emele's fate.
(d) Kathleen's health.
13. Where does Billy work on the front lines?
(a) A foxhole.
(b) Behind the cannon.
(c) Behind the captain.
(d) In a tank.
14. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how do the enlisted men spend their afternoons?
(a) Doing drills.
(c) Playing games.
15. What lifestyle does Dr. Rivers dream of at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how do the enlisted men spend their mornings?
2. What type of drill does Billy run?
3. In Dr. Rivers' dream about Ngea's widow, whose face is she wearing in hut?
4. At Craiglockhart, how did Dr. Rivers get his patients to confide their feelings?
5. What wakes Dr. Rivers from his dream state in Part 2, Chapter 10?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)