|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the spirit's channel at Ngea's seance?
(b) Dr. Rivers.
2. Who does Billy have a sexual experience with in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(b) A French woman.
(c) A German man.
(d) The lady of the farmhouse.
3. Why does Dr. Rivers feel like the war has ended?
(a) The weather is nice.
(b) People act as though it already has.
(c) His sister tells him it has.
(d) He is not busy at work.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how do the enlisted men spend their mornings?
(b) Watching the news.
(d) Talking politics.
5. Where will the funeral boat take Ngea?
(a) To an island.
(b) To his grave.
(c) To sea.
(d) To heaven.
6. Where is Ngea's body escorted to, prior to meeting the funeral boat?
(a) The barracks.
(b) A cave.
(c) The beach.
(d) A ledge.
7. At Craiglockhart, how did Dr. Rivers get his patients to confide their feelings?
(d) He would make them feel safe.
8. What does Njiru wear in Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) A crown.
(b) A flower.
(c) A white cloth.
(d) A sheet.
9. What is Billy writing in at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) The bible.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) His journal.
(d) A map.
10. What condition are the villages of France in?
(d) Run down.
11. What sounds awakens Dr. Rivers when Ngea dies?
(a) The skulls clinking.
(b) Ngea's whispering spirit.
(c) Dogs howling.
(d) Women crying.
12. What type of weather does Dr. Rivers remember from Eddystone?
13. How much longer does Billy think the war will continue?
(a) Two years.
(b) He thinks it's ending.
(c) Five years.
(d) One year.
14. What is Emele's physical appearance when the conch is blown?
(a) Glowing and renewed.
(b) Bent over and crippled.
(c) Tired and haggard.
(d) Bleeding from her knees.
15. What does blowing the conch shell do for the chief's widow?
(a) Acknowledges her love for the chief.
(b) Sends her spirit to heaven.
(c) Frees her from crouching.
(d) Helps her select a new husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Rivers hears a girl meets for sex with how many boys?
2. While ill, how does Dr. Rivers get news of the war?
3. What smell reminds Billy of home?
4. Where does Ngea sit, prior to the death ceremony?
5. What is cooked over the fire at Ngea's death celebration?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)