|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Billy's living conditions in Part 2, Chapter 11 are in what condition?
(a) Half pigsty and half kitchen.
(b) Under siege.
(c) Half cowshed and half outdoor toilet.
(d) Booby trapped by the French.
2. Who does Billy have a sexual experience with in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) A French woman.
(c) A German man.
(d) The lady of the farmhouse.
3. What type of drill does Billy run?
(a) Mess hall.
(d) Gas mask.
4. What is the date in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) October, 1918.
(b) August, 1993.
(c) September, 1970.
(d) November, 1943.
5. Where does Part 2, Chapter 13 take place?
(c) United States.
6. What do the officers order the troops not to believe in?
(a) Five more years of war.
(b) The promise of more food.
(c) The hope for peace.
(d) Their fellow man.
7. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how do the enlisted men spend their mornings?
(a) Talking politics.
(d) Watching the news.
8. At Craiglockhart, how did Dr. Rivers get his patients to confide their feelings?
(b) He would make them feel safe.
9. What does Billy do with his watch in Part 3, Chapter 18?
(a) Awaits synchronization.
(b) Sends it home.
(c) Breaks it.
(d) Sells it.
10. Who is the spirit's channel at Ngea's seance?
(c) Dr. Rivers.
11. Where is Njiru when the headhunt is complete?
(a) In a canoe.
(b) With Emele.
(c) On an island.
(d) In the clouds.
12. Where is Dr. Rivers dreaming about in Part 2, Chapter 10?.
(c) The Himalayans.
(d) Island Kinney.
13. Where is Billy assigned to fight at the end of Part 3, Chapter 15?
(a) At the back of the line.
(b) The front line.
(c) He is sent to Craiglockhart.
(d) He is sent home.
14. What do the soldiers do on Sunday mornings?
(a) Sleep in.
(b) Rise at dawn.
(c) Play cards.
(d) Sing war songs.
15. In Part 3, Chapter 15, who does Billy live with that he knew in the past?
(a) Dr. Rivers.
(c) Soldiers from Craiglockhart.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much longer does Billy think the war will continue?
2. What is Billy's unit called?
3. What does Harrington attempt and fail at while at war?
4. What surprises Dr. Rivers at the end of Part 3, Chapter 16?
5. What does Emele need to be successful in order to end her crouching?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)