|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Wansbeck admit to having conversations with?
(a) The deceased woman he almost married.
(b) The ghost of the soldier he killed.
(c) Dr. Rivers.
(d) His mother.
2. What condition are the villages of France in?
(d) Run down.
3. Billy's living conditions in Part 2, Chapter 11 are in what condition?
(a) Booby trapped by the French.
(b) Under siege.
(c) Half cowshed and half outdoor toilet.
(d) Half pigsty and half kitchen.
4. Where does Dr. Rivers dream of in Part 3, Chapter 14?
(c) The countryside.
5. Where is Billy assigned to fight at the end of Part 3, Chapter 15?
(a) At the back of the line.
(b) He is sent home.
(c) He is sent to Craiglockhart.
(d) The front line.
6. Who dies at the end of Part 3, Chapter 18?
(b) Billy and Hallett.
7. What is Emele's physical appearance when the conch is blown?
(a) Glowing and renewed.
(b) Bent over and crippled.
(c) Bleeding from her knees.
(d) Tired and haggard.
8. How much longer does Billy think the war will continue?
(a) He thinks it's ending.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Five years.
9. What worries Dr. Rivers during his dream in Part 2, Chapter 12?
(b) Kathleen's health.
(c) Emele's fate.
10. What surprises Dr. Rivers at the end of Part 3, Chapter 16?
(a) Sarah visits him.
(b) He's assigned to Billy's battalion.
(c) Billy is dead.
(d) A return of the flu.
11. What are phantasms asking Sassoon?
(a) Why he is not at war.
(b) Where to get some food.
(c) To give them some water.
(d) When he will join them.
12. At Craiglockhart, how did Dr. Rivers get his patients to confide their feelings?
(a) He would make them feel safe.
13. What happens to Billy in battle, as he heads across the water?
(a) He's invincible.
(b) He faints.
(c) He has a panic attack.
(d) He's shot.
14. Who does Billy write a letter to at the end of Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) Dr. Rivers.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
15. Where does Billy work on the front lines?
(a) In a tank.
(b) Behind the cannon.
(c) A foxhole.
(d) Behind the captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Hallett been shot?
2. When does Emele leave the mourning hut?
3. Billy is afraid his battalion will do what in Part 3, Chapter 17?
4. Where is Dr. Rivers dreaming about in Part 2, Chapter 10?.
5. In Dr. Rivers' dream about Ngea's widow, whose face is she wearing in hut?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)