|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose hut does Dr. Rivers dream of approaching in Part 2, Chapter 12?
2. Does Dr. Rivers plan to interfere with Emele's crouching stance?
(c) Only if Billy arrives on site.
(d) Only if she faints.
3. Where does Billy fight from in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 13?
(b) He doesn't.
4. Where does Dr. Rivers visit with Njiru, following Ngea's death?
(a) The dwelling in Forest Tree Whole.
(b) A cave at Pa Na Keru.
(c) A volcano.
(d) A riverbed.
5. In the past generation, Njiru's island's population has dropped by what percentage?
6. Where does Ngea sit, prior to the death ceremony?
(a) On a horse.
(b) In a chair.
(c) In a carriage.
(d) On a coach.
7. Dr. Rivers hears a girl meets for sex with how many boys?
8. Who is the spirit's channel at Ngea's seance?
(d) Dr. Rivers.
9. What is the date in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) August, 1993.
(b) November, 1943.
(c) September, 1970.
(d) October, 1918.
10. How much longer does Billy think the war will continue?
(a) Two years.
(b) He thinks it's ending.
(c) One year.
(d) Five years.
11. During headhunting, is someone decapitated?
(b) If the moon is full.
(c) It depends on community need.
12. Who is the second most powerful chief in Eddystone?
(a) Dr. Rivers.
13. At Craiglockhart, how did Dr. Rivers get his patients to confide their feelings?
(c) He would make them feel safe.
14. Who does Billy write a letter to at the end of Part 3, Chapter 17?
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) Dr. Rivers.
15. What is Emele's physical appearance when the conch is blown?
(a) Bent over and crippled.
(b) Tired and haggard.
(c) Bleeding from her knees.
(d) Glowing and renewed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Ngea's skull?
2. What lifestyle does Dr. Rivers dream of at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 12?
3. What do the soldiers do on Sunday mornings?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 18, why are few doctors working in the ward?
5. What happens to Longstaffe in Part 2, Chapter 13?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)