|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of drill does Billy run?
(a) Mess hall.
(c) Gas mask.
2. What is Billy writing in at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A map.
(c) His journal.
(d) The bible.
3. Where does Billy fight from in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) He doesn't.
4. Where will the funeral boat take Ngea?
(a) To heaven.
(b) To sea.
(c) To an island.
(d) To his grave.
5. What happens to Hallett in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is injured.
(c) He gets married.
(d) He goes home.
6. What is cooked over the fire at Ngea's death celebration?
(a) Ngea's skull.
(b) A sacrifice.
7. What happens to Billy in battle, as he heads across the water?
(a) He faints.
(b) He has a panic attack.
(c) He's invincible.
(d) He's shot.
8. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how do the enlisted men spend their afternoons?
(c) Playing games.
(d) Doing drills.
9. What lifestyle does Dr. Rivers dream of at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 12?
10. Billy's living conditions in Part 2, Chapter 11 are in what condition?
(a) Half pigsty and half kitchen.
(b) Half cowshed and half outdoor toilet.
(c) Under siege.
(d) Booby trapped by the French.
11. In Dr. Rivers' dream about Ngea's widow, whose face is she wearing in hut?
12. Who is rumored to call for peace?
13. What are phantasms asking Sassoon?
(a) Why he is not at war.
(b) To give them some water.
(c) Where to get some food.
(d) When he will join them.
14. In the past generation, Njiru's island's population has dropped by what percentage?
15. Where is Njiru when the headhunt is complete?
(a) In a canoe.
(b) With Emele.
(c) On an island.
(d) In the clouds.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how do the enlisted men spend their mornings?
2. What do the soldiers do on Sunday mornings?
3. Dr. Rivers hears a girl meets for sex with how many boys?
4. What smell reminds Billy of home?
5. Who does Wansbeck admit to having conversations with?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)