|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Billy in battle, as he heads across the water?
(a) He has a panic attack.
(b) He faints.
(c) He's shot.
(d) He's invincible.
2. What wakes Dr. Rivers from his dream state in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) Miss Irving.
(b) The doorbell.
(c) The sun.
(d) Night tremors.
3. Who is the second most powerful chief in Eddystone?
(c) Dr. Rivers.
4. During headhunting, is someone decapitated?
(b) If the moon is full.
(d) It depends on community need.
5. Where does Dr. Rivers dream of in Part 3, Chapter 14?
(a) The countryside.
6. What does blowing the conch shell do for the chief's widow?
(a) Acknowledges her love for the chief.
(b) Helps her select a new husband.
(c) Frees her from crouching.
(d) Sends her spirit to heaven.
7. What type of weather does Dr. Rivers remember from Eddystone?
8. How much longer does Billy think the war will continue?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) He thinks it's ending.
(d) Five years.
9. What is Billy's nickname?
(a) The Goat.
(b) Fledgling Soldier.
(c) Captain Hook.
(d) The Canary.
10. When does Emele leave the mourning hut?
(a) When Njiru arrives.
(b) When Dr. Rivers asks her to.
(c) When the conch shell is blown.
(d) When the boy appears.
11. What does Harrington attempt and fail at while at war?
(b) Shooting a soldier.
(c) Bombing a small village.
(d) Helping a friend who is dying.
12. Where does Dr. Rivers visit with Njiru, following Ngea's death?
(a) A volcano.
(b) The dwelling in Forest Tree Whole.
(c) A riverbed.
(d) A cave at Pa Na Keru.
13. What smell reminds Billy of home?
(a) Bacon and eggs.
(b) Steak and potatoes.
(c) Cherry pie.
14. What type of drill does Billy run?
(c) Mess hall.
(d) Gas mask.
15. Where is Njiru when the headhunt is complete?
(a) In a canoe.
(b) In the clouds.
(c) With Emele.
(d) On an island.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the boy Njiru brings back to the village?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 18, why are few doctors working in the ward?
3. Who is rumored to call for peace?
4. Why does Dr. Rivers feel like the war has ended?
5. What happens to Longstaffe in Part 2, Chapter 13?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)