|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of weather does Dr. Rivers remember from Eddystone?
2. How much longer does Billy think the war will continue?
(a) Two years.
(b) Five years.
(c) One year.
(d) He thinks it's ending.
3. What is the date in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) October, 1918.
(b) September, 1970.
(c) November, 1943.
(d) August, 1993.
4. Who does Billy write a letter to at the end of Part 3, Chapter 17?
(b) His sister.
(c) Dr. Rivers.
(d) His mother.
5. What does the Marshall-of-the-Ten-Wounds plan to build?
(a) A house.
(b) A plane.
(c) A fort.
(d) A bridge.
6. In Dr. Rivers' dream about Ngea's widow, whose face is she wearing in hut?
7. Where does Billy fight from in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 13?
(c) He doesn't.
8. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how do the enlisted men spend their afternoons?
(a) Playing games.
(d) Doing drills.
9. Who does Billy have a sexual experience with in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) The lady of the farmhouse.
(b) A French woman.
(c) A German man.
10. When does Emele leave the mourning hut?
(a) When Njiru arrives.
(b) When the boy appears.
(c) When the conch shell is blown.
(d) When Dr. Rivers asks her to.
11. Where is Billy assigned to fight at the end of Part 3, Chapter 15?
(a) At the back of the line.
(b) He is sent to Craiglockhart.
(c) He is sent home.
(d) The front line.
12. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what does Billy have to march through?
(a) Snow and ice.
(b) Hungry children and angry farmers.
(c) Dead bodies and stagnant water.
(d) The mountains.
13. Where is Dr. Rivers dreaming about in Part 2, Chapter 10?.
(a) Island Kinney.
(b) The Himalayans.
14. What happens to Longstaffe in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) He fights Billy.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He defects.
(d) He is wounded.
15. At Craiglockhart, how did Dr. Rivers get his patients to confide their feelings?
(c) He would make them feel safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Billy's living conditions in Part 2, Chapter 11 are in what condition?
2. What does Emele need to be successful in order to end her crouching?
3. What smell reminds Billy of home?
4. What sound do the soldiers often hear?
5. Where does Part 2, Chapter 13 take place?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)