|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Billy's unit called?
(a) The Company of Second Manchesters.
(b) Front Line Warriors.
(c) Battle Soldiers One.
(d) Commanders of the United Front.
2. In Dr. Rivers' dream about Ngea's widow, whose face is she wearing in hut?
3. What type of drill does Billy run?
(c) Mess hall.
(d) Gas mask.
4. Where does Dr. Rivers dream of in Part 3, Chapter 14?
(a) The countryside.
5. Where has Hallett been shot?
(a) In his foot.
(b) In his arm.
(c) In the face.
(d) In the chest.
6. During headhunting, is someone decapitated?
(a) If the moon is full.
(c) It depends on community need.
7. Where does Billy fight from in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 13?
(b) He doesn't.
8. Who dies at the end of Part 3, Chapter 18?
(b) Billy and Hallett.
9. Where is Ngea's body escorted to, prior to meeting the funeral boat?
(a) A cave.
(b) The beach.
(c) A ledge.
(d) The barracks.
10. In Part 3, Chapter 18, why are few doctors working in the ward?
(a) They have died.
(b) The flu epidemic.
(c) Low wages.
(d) To protest the war.
11. What smell reminds Billy of home?
(a) Cherry pie.
(b) Steak and potatoes.
(c) Bacon and eggs.
12. Who is the second most powerful chief in Eddystone?
(c) Dr. Rivers.
13. How old is the boy Njiru brings back to the village?
14. What does blowing the conch shell do for the chief's widow?
(a) Frees her from crouching.
(b) Helps her select a new husband.
(c) Sends her spirit to heaven.
(d) Acknowledges her love for the chief.
15. Where will the funeral boat take Ngea?
(a) To his grave.
(b) To an island.
(c) To sea.
(d) To heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what type of weapons do Billy's battalion fear they will march against?
2. What are phantasms asking Sassoon?
3. What wakes Dr. Rivers from his dream state in Part 2, Chapter 10?
4. What does Billy do with his watch in Part 3, Chapter 18?
5. What does Njiru wear in Part 2, Chapter 12?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)