|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ngea sit, prior to the death ceremony?
(a) On a horse.
(b) In a chair.
(c) On a coach.
(d) In a carriage.
2. What is Billy writing in at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) A map.
(b) The bible.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) His journal.
3. What type of weather does Dr. Rivers remember from Eddystone?
4. What condition are the villages of France in?
(b) Run down.
5. Where is Dr. Rivers dreaming about in Part 2, Chapter 10?.
(b) The Himalayans.
(c) Island Kinney.
6. Where has Hallett been shot?
(a) In the chest.
(b) In the face.
(c) In his arm.
(d) In his foot.
7. What is Billy's unit called?
(a) Front Line Warriors.
(b) Battle Soldiers One.
(c) The Company of Second Manchesters.
(d) Commanders of the United Front.
8. What are phantasms asking Sassoon?
(a) To give them some water.
(b) Where to get some food.
(c) When he will join them.
(d) Why he is not at war.
9. In Part 3, Chapter 15, who does Billy live with that he knew in the past?
(a) Soldiers from Craiglockhart.
(d) Dr. Rivers.
10. At Craiglockhart, how did Dr. Rivers get his patients to confide their feelings?
(c) He would make them feel safe.
11. What smell reminds Billy of home?
(a) Bacon and eggs.
(b) Cherry pie.
(d) Steak and potatoes.
12. What does Emele need to be successful in order to end her crouching?
(a) Game hunting.
(b) The eclipse.
(c) Stick gathering.
(d) The headhunt.
13. What wakes Dr. Rivers from his dream state in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) Night tremors.
(b) Miss Irving.
(c) The doorbell.
(d) The sun.
14. How much longer does Billy think the war will continue?
(a) Five years.
(b) One year.
(c) He thinks it's ending.
(d) Two years.
15. In Part 3, Chapter 18, why are few doctors working in the ward?
(a) The flu epidemic.
(b) They have died.
(c) Low wages.
(d) To protest the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies at the end of Part 3, Chapter 18?
2. What does Njiru wear in Part 2, Chapter 12?
3. Dr. Rivers hears a girl meets for sex with how many boys?
4. Does Dr. Rivers plan to interfere with Emele's crouching stance?
5. Why does Dr. Rivers feel like the war has ended?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)