|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Emele leave the mourning hut?
(a) When the boy appears.
(b) When Njiru arrives.
(c) When Dr. Rivers asks her to.
(d) When the conch shell is blown.
2. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what does Billy have to march through?
(a) Hungry children and angry farmers.
(b) Dead bodies and stagnant water.
(c) The mountains.
(d) Snow and ice.
3. Where does Dr. Rivers dream of in Part 3, Chapter 14?
(b) The countryside.
4. What type of weather does Dr. Rivers remember from Eddystone?
5. What happens to Longstaffe in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) He fights Billy.
(b) He defects.
(c) He is wounded.
(d) He is killed.
6. Where does Dr. Rivers visit with Njiru, following Ngea's death?
(a) The dwelling in Forest Tree Whole.
(b) A volcano.
(c) A riverbed.
(d) A cave at Pa Na Keru.
7. What does Billy do with his watch in Part 3, Chapter 18?
(a) Breaks it.
(b) Awaits synchronization.
(c) Sends it home.
(d) Sells it.
8. What surprises Dr. Rivers at the end of Part 3, Chapter 16?
(a) He's assigned to Billy's battalion.
(b) Billy is dead.
(c) A return of the flu.
(d) Sarah visits him.
9. Why does Dr. Rivers feel like the war has ended?
(a) People act as though it already has.
(b) He is not busy at work.
(c) The weather is nice.
(d) His sister tells him it has.
10. Who does Billy have a sexual experience with in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) A French woman.
(c) The lady of the farmhouse.
(d) A German man.
11. What condition are the villages of France in?
(c) Run down.
12. When Billy needs his gas mask, what happens?
(a) He cannot reach it.
(b) He puts it on.
(c) It breaks.
(d) His friend puts it on him.
13. Whose hut does Dr. Rivers dream of approaching in Part 2, Chapter 12?
14. What worries Dr. Rivers during his dream in Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) Kathleen's health.
(b) Emele's fate.
15. What sounds awakens Dr. Rivers when Ngea dies?
(a) Ngea's whispering spirit.
(b) Women crying.
(c) Dogs howling.
(d) The skulls clinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billy's unit called?
2. What do the soldiers do on Sunday mornings?
3. Where has Hallett been shot?
4. Where does Part 2, Chapter 13 take place?
5. What is Emele's physical appearance when the conch is blown?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)