|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Ngea's skull?
(a) It is placed in the skull house.
(b) It is sent to sea.
(c) It is burned.
(d) His widow rests with it.
2. Where is Ngea's body escorted to, prior to meeting the funeral boat?
(a) The barracks.
(b) A cave.
(c) The beach.
(d) A ledge.
3. Billy is afraid his battalion will do what in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) Promote him.
(b) Abandon him.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Imprison him.
4. What is cooked over the fire at Ngea's death celebration?
(a) Ngea's skull.
(d) A sacrifice.
5. Where has Hallett been shot?
(a) In his arm.
(b) In the chest.
(c) In his foot.
(d) In the face.
6. Where will the funeral boat take Ngea?
(a) To his grave.
(b) To an island.
(c) To heaven.
(d) To sea.
7. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what does Billy have to march through?
(a) Snow and ice.
(b) Hungry children and angry farmers.
(c) Dead bodies and stagnant water.
(d) The mountains.
8. What condition are the villages of France in?
(a) Run down.
9. At Craiglockhart, how did Dr. Rivers get his patients to confide their feelings?
(a) He would make them feel safe.
10. What do the soldiers do on Sunday mornings?
(a) Play cards.
(b) Sing war songs.
(c) Rise at dawn.
(d) Sleep in.
11. Who cares for Dr. Rivers in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) His sister.
(b) A fellow doctor.
(c) His father.
(d) His landlady.
12. How old is the boy Njiru brings back to the village?
13. In Part 3, Chapter 15, who does Billy live with that he knew in the past?
(a) Soldiers from Craiglockhart.
(d) Dr. Rivers.
14. In the past generation, Njiru's island's population has dropped by what percentage?
15. Where does Ngea sit, prior to the death ceremony?
(a) On a coach.
(b) On a horse.
(c) In a chair.
(d) In a carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does blowing the conch shell do for the chief's widow?
2. What is Emele's physical appearance when the conch is blown?
3. What happens to Billy in battle, as he heads across the water?
4. What is Billy's unit called?
5. In Dr. Rivers' dream about Ngea's widow, whose face is she wearing in hut?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)