|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) August, 1993.
(b) October, 1918.
(c) September, 1970.
(d) November, 1943.
2. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what does Billy have to march through?
(a) Snow and ice.
(b) The mountains.
(c) Dead bodies and stagnant water.
(d) Hungry children and angry farmers.
3. Why does Dr. Rivers feel like the war has ended?
(a) People act as though it already has.
(b) He is not busy at work.
(c) The weather is nice.
(d) His sister tells him it has.
4. What is Billy's unit called?
(a) Battle Soldiers One.
(b) Commanders of the United Front.
(c) Front Line Warriors.
(d) The Company of Second Manchesters.
5. What sounds awakens Dr. Rivers when Ngea dies?
(a) The skulls clinking.
(b) Dogs howling.
(c) Ngea's whispering spirit.
(d) Women crying.
6. What does Emele need to be successful in order to end her crouching?
(a) The headhunt.
(b) Game hunting.
(c) The eclipse.
(d) Stick gathering.
7. Where does Dr. Rivers dream of in Part 3, Chapter 14?
(d) The countryside.
8. What is Billy's nickname?
(a) Captain Hook.
(b) The Goat.
(c) The Canary.
(d) Fledgling Soldier.
9. What happens to Longstaffe in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) He defects.
(b) He is wounded.
(c) He fights Billy.
(d) He is killed.
10. Where is Dr. Rivers dreaming about in Part 2, Chapter 10?.
(c) The Himalayans.
(d) Island Kinney.
11. At Craiglockhart, how did Dr. Rivers get his patients to confide their feelings?
(c) He would make them feel safe.
12. What does blowing the conch shell do for the chief's widow?
(a) Acknowledges her love for the chief.
(b) Sends her spirit to heaven.
(c) Frees her from crouching.
(d) Helps her select a new husband.
13. Who cares for Dr. Rivers in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) A fellow doctor.
(b) His sister.
(c) His landlady.
(d) His father.
14. Where does Billy work on the front lines?
(a) In a tank.
(b) Behind the captain.
(c) Behind the cannon.
(d) A foxhole.
15. While ill, how does Dr. Rivers get news of the war?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) Watching the news.
(c) Letters from Billy.
(d) The hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the spirit's channel at Ngea's seance?
2. Who does Wansbeck admit to having conversations with?
3. Where does Ngea sit, prior to the death ceremony?
4. When does Emele leave the mourning hut?
5. What are phantasms asking Sassoon?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)