|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dr. Rivers visit with Njiru, following Ngea's death?
(a) A riverbed.
(b) A cave at Pa Na Keru.
(c) The dwelling in Forest Tree Whole.
(d) A volcano.
2. What does the Marshall-of-the-Ten-Wounds plan to build?
(a) A house.
(b) A fort.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A plane.
3. Where is Billy assigned to fight at the end of Part 3, Chapter 15?
(a) At the back of the line.
(b) He is sent to Craiglockhart.
(c) The front line.
(d) He is sent home.
4. Who cares for Dr. Rivers in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) His father.
(b) A fellow doctor.
(c) His landlady.
(d) His sister.
5. In Part 3, Chapter 18, why are few doctors working in the ward?
(a) The flu epidemic.
(b) Low wages.
(c) To protest the war.
(d) They have died.
6. Who is rumored to call for peace?
7. What is Billy's nickname?
(a) The Canary.
(b) Captain Hook.
(c) Fledgling Soldier.
(d) The Goat.
8. Where is Ngea's body escorted to, prior to meeting the funeral boat?
(a) A ledge.
(b) A cave.
(c) The barracks.
(d) The beach.
9. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what type of weapons do Billy's battalion fear they will march against?
10. Where does Dr. Rivers dream of in Part 3, Chapter 14?
(d) The countryside.
11. What happens to Billy in battle, as he heads across the water?
(a) He's invincible.
(b) He faints.
(c) He has a panic attack.
(d) He's shot.
12. Whose hut does Dr. Rivers dream of approaching in Part 2, Chapter 12?
13. What are phantasms asking Sassoon?
(a) When he will join them.
(b) To give them some water.
(c) Why he is not at war.
(d) Where to get some food.
14. What animal does Dr. Rivers see on his visit with Njiru?
(a) A tiger.
(c) A lion.
15. What condition are the villages of France in?
(b) Run down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of drill does Billy run?
2. What does Emele need to be successful in order to end her crouching?
3. While ill, how does Dr. Rivers get news of the war?
4. How old is the boy Njiru brings back to the village?
5. When Billy needs his gas mask, what happens?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)