|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Rivers hears a girl meets for sex with how many boys?
2. What wakes Dr. Rivers from his dream state in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) Miss Irving.
(b) The sun.
(c) Night tremors.
(d) The doorbell.
3. What does Emele need to be successful in order to end her crouching?
(a) Game hunting.
(b) Stick gathering.
(c) The eclipse.
(d) The headhunt.
4. In Dr. Rivers' dream about Ngea's widow, whose face is she wearing in hut?
5. What surprises Dr. Rivers at the end of Part 3, Chapter 16?
(a) A return of the flu.
(b) He's assigned to Billy's battalion.
(c) Billy is dead.
(d) Sarah visits him.
6. Who cares for Dr. Rivers in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) His sister.
(b) His father.
(c) A fellow doctor.
(d) His landlady.
7. Why does Dr. Rivers feel like the war has ended?
(a) People act as though it already has.
(b) The weather is nice.
(c) His sister tells him it has.
(d) He is not busy at work.
8. How much longer does Billy think the war will continue?
(a) Two years.
(b) Five years.
(c) He thinks it's ending.
(d) One year.
9. Who does Wansbeck admit to having conversations with?
(a) The ghost of the soldier he killed.
(b) The deceased woman he almost married.
(c) His mother.
(d) Dr. Rivers.
10. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what does Billy have to march through?
(a) The mountains.
(b) Dead bodies and stagnant water.
(c) Snow and ice.
(d) Hungry children and angry farmers.
11. What is Emele's physical appearance when the conch is blown?
(a) Bent over and crippled.
(b) Glowing and renewed.
(c) Bleeding from her knees.
(d) Tired and haggard.
12. What sound do the soldiers often hear?
(c) Roosters crowing.
13. What does Billy do with his watch in Part 3, Chapter 18?
(a) Sells it.
(b) Sends it home.
(c) Breaks it.
(d) Awaits synchronization.
14. What does blowing the conch shell do for the chief's widow?
(a) Sends her spirit to heaven.
(b) Acknowledges her love for the chief.
(c) Helps her select a new husband.
(d) Frees her from crouching.
15. What is cooked over the fire at Ngea's death celebration?
(a) A sacrifice.
(d) Ngea's skull.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what type of weapons do Billy's battalion fear they will march against?
2. Who does Billy have a sexual experience with in Part 3, Chapter 17?
3. What type of weather does Dr. Rivers remember from Eddystone?
4. What is the date in Part 2, Chapter 13?
5. At Craiglockhart, how did Dr. Rivers get his patients to confide their feelings?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)