|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Billy work on the front lines?
(a) Behind the captain.
(b) In a tank.
(c) Behind the cannon.
(d) A foxhole.
2. Who does Wansbeck admit to having conversations with?
(a) The ghost of the soldier he killed.
(b) The deceased woman he almost married.
(c) Dr. Rivers.
(d) His mother.
3. Who does Billy have a sexual experience with in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) A German man.
(b) The lady of the farmhouse.
(c) A French woman.
4. What condition are the villages of France in?
(b) Run down.
5. What is Billy writing in at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) A map.
(b) The bible.
(c) His journal.
(d) A newspaper.
6. What wakes Dr. Rivers from his dream state in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) Night tremors.
(b) The sun.
(c) Miss Irving.
(d) The doorbell.
7. Does Dr. Rivers plan to interfere with Emele's crouching stance?
(b) Only if she faints.
(d) Only if Billy arrives on site.
8. Billy's living conditions in Part 2, Chapter 11 are in what condition?
(a) Half pigsty and half kitchen.
(b) Under siege.
(c) Booby trapped by the French.
(d) Half cowshed and half outdoor toilet.
9. Where has Hallett been shot?
(a) In his arm.
(b) In the chest.
(c) In the face.
(d) In his foot.
10. Where is Njiru when the headhunt is complete?
(a) In the clouds.
(b) In a canoe.
(c) With Emele.
(d) On an island.
11. Where does Dr. Rivers dream of in Part 3, Chapter 14?
(d) The countryside.
12. Who is the second most powerful chief in Eddystone?
(d) Dr. Rivers.
13. What is cooked over the fire at Ngea's death celebration?
(a) Ngea's skull.
(b) A sacrifice.
14. Where does Dr. Rivers visit with Njiru, following Ngea's death?
(a) A volcano.
(b) The dwelling in Forest Tree Whole.
(c) A cave at Pa Na Keru.
(d) A riverbed.
15. What do the officers order the troops not to believe in?
(a) Their fellow man.
(b) Five more years of war.
(c) The hope for peace.
(d) The promise of more food.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the past generation, Njiru's island's population has dropped by what percentage?
2. What does Harrington attempt and fail at while at war?
3. What worries Dr. Rivers during his dream in Part 2, Chapter 12?
4. What animal does Dr. Rivers see on his visit with Njiru?
5. What lifestyle does Dr. Rivers dream of at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 12?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)