|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Billy have a sexual experience with in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) A French woman.
(b) A German man.
(d) The lady of the farmhouse.
2. What is Emele's physical appearance when the conch is blown?
(a) Tired and haggard.
(b) Bent over and crippled.
(c) Bleeding from her knees.
(d) Glowing and renewed.
3. In Part 3, Chapter 15, who does Billy live with that he knew in the past?
(a) Dr. Rivers.
(d) Soldiers from Craiglockhart.
4. Who does Wansbeck admit to having conversations with?
(a) The ghost of the soldier he killed.
(b) Dr. Rivers.
(c) His mother.
(d) The deceased woman he almost married.
5. What worries Dr. Rivers during his dream in Part 2, Chapter 12?
(c) Kathleen's health.
(d) Emele's fate.
6. Who is the spirit's channel at Ngea's seance?
(a) Dr. Rivers.
7. Why does Dr. Rivers feel like the war has ended?
(a) His sister tells him it has.
(b) He is not busy at work.
(c) People act as though it already has.
(d) The weather is nice.
8. What does blowing the conch shell do for the chief's widow?
(a) Sends her spirit to heaven.
(b) Helps her select a new husband.
(c) Frees her from crouching.
(d) Acknowledges her love for the chief.
9. When does Emele leave the mourning hut?
(a) When the boy appears.
(b) When Dr. Rivers asks her to.
(c) When Njiru arrives.
(d) When the conch shell is blown.
10. What surprises Dr. Rivers at the end of Part 3, Chapter 16?
(a) A return of the flu.
(b) Sarah visits him.
(c) He's assigned to Billy's battalion.
(d) Billy is dead.
11. What do the soldiers do on Sunday mornings?
(a) Rise at dawn.
(b) Play cards.
(c) Sing war songs.
(d) Sleep in.
12. Where is Dr. Rivers dreaming about in Part 2, Chapter 10?.
(a) Island Kinney.
(c) The Himalayans.
13. What sound do the soldiers often hear?
(b) Roosters crowing.
14. What happens to Longstaffe in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) He defects.
(b) He is wounded.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He fights Billy.
15. Who is the second most powerful chief in Eddystone?
(c) Dr. Rivers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Ngea's skull?
2. What sounds awakens Dr. Rivers when Ngea dies?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how do the enlisted men spend their afternoons?
4. When Billy needs his gas mask, what happens?
5. What condition are the villages of France in?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)