|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Dr. Rivers at the end of Part 3, Chapter 16?
(a) A return of the flu.
(b) Sarah visits him.
(c) Billy is dead.
(d) He's assigned to Billy's battalion.
2. Why does Dr. Rivers feel like the war has ended?
(a) People act as though it already has.
(b) His sister tells him it has.
(c) The weather is nice.
(d) He is not busy at work.
3. Where does Billy work on the front lines?
(a) Behind the captain.
(b) A foxhole.
(c) In a tank.
(d) Behind the cannon.
4. Where does Billy fight from in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 13?
(b) He doesn't.
5. What does blowing the conch shell do for the chief's widow?
(a) Acknowledges her love for the chief.
(b) Helps her select a new husband.
(c) Frees her from crouching.
(d) Sends her spirit to heaven.
6. Where is Njiru when the headhunt is complete?
(a) In a canoe.
(b) On an island.
(c) In the clouds.
(d) With Emele.
7. Whose hut does Dr. Rivers dream of approaching in Part 2, Chapter 12?
8. What wakes Dr. Rivers from his dream state in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) The doorbell.
(b) Night tremors.
(c) The sun.
(d) Miss Irving.
9. What are phantasms asking Sassoon?
(a) Where to get some food.
(b) To give them some water.
(c) Why he is not at war.
(d) When he will join them.
10. In Part 3, Chapter 18, why are few doctors working in the ward?
(a) They have died.
(b) Low wages.
(c) To protest the war.
(d) The flu epidemic.
11. Where does Dr. Rivers visit with Njiru, following Ngea's death?
(a) A cave at Pa Na Keru.
(b) The dwelling in Forest Tree Whole.
(c) A riverbed.
(d) A volcano.
12. What worries Dr. Rivers during his dream in Part 2, Chapter 12?
(b) Kathleen's health.
(d) Emele's fate.
13. Billy is afraid his battalion will do what in Part 3, Chapter 17?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Abandon him.
(c) Promote him.
(d) Imprison him.
14. Where does Part 2, Chapter 13 take place?
(b) United States.
15. What happens to Hallett in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) He goes home.
(b) He is injured.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He gets married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is cooked over the fire at Ngea's death celebration?
2. What type of weather does Dr. Rivers remember from Eddystone?
3. At Craiglockhart, how did Dr. Rivers get his patients to confide their feelings?
4. Billy's living conditions in Part 2, Chapter 11 are in what condition?
5. What is the date in Part 2, Chapter 13?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)