|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dr. Rivers dream of in Part 3, Chapter 14?
(a) The countryside.
2. In Dr. Rivers' dream about Ngea's widow, whose face is she wearing in hut?
3. Where is Njiru when the headhunt is complete?
(a) In the clouds.
(b) On an island.
(c) With Emele.
(d) In a canoe.
4. What is Billy writing in at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) The bible.
(b) A map.
(c) His journal.
(d) A newspaper.
5. What lifestyle does Dr. Rivers dream of at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 12?
6. Who is the second most powerful chief in Eddystone?
(a) Dr. Rivers.
7. What surprises Dr. Rivers at the end of Part 3, Chapter 16?
(a) He's assigned to Billy's battalion.
(b) A return of the flu.
(c) Sarah visits him.
(d) Billy is dead.
8. How old is the boy Njiru brings back to the village?
9. What sounds awakens Dr. Rivers when Ngea dies?
(a) Dogs howling.
(b) Women crying.
(c) The skulls clinking.
(d) Ngea's whispering spirit.
10. What does the Marshall-of-the-Ten-Wounds plan to build?
(a) A bridge.
(b) A house.
(c) A plane.
(d) A fort.
11. What happens to Billy in battle, as he heads across the water?
(a) He has a panic attack.
(b) He's invincible.
(c) He's shot.
(d) He faints.
12. What is Billy's unit called?
(a) Commanders of the United Front.
(b) Front Line Warriors.
(c) The Company of Second Manchesters.
(d) Battle Soldiers One.
13. What does Emele need to be successful in order to end her crouching?
(a) The headhunt.
(b) Game hunting.
(c) The eclipse.
(d) Stick gathering.
14. What is cooked over the fire at Ngea's death celebration?
(b) A sacrifice.
(c) Ngea's skull.
15. Dr. Rivers hears a girl meets for sex with how many boys?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Rivers feel like the war has ended?
2. Whose hut does Dr. Rivers dream of approaching in Part 2, Chapter 12?
3. What is Emele's physical appearance when the conch is blown?
4. What smell reminds Billy of home?
5. What happens to Ngea's skull?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)