|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While ill, how does Dr. Rivers get news of the war?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) The hospital.
(c) Letters from Billy.
(d) Watching the news.
2. What wakes Dr. Rivers from his dream state in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) The sun.
(b) Miss Irving.
(c) Night tremors.
(d) The doorbell.
3. What worries Dr. Rivers during his dream in Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) Kathleen's health.
(d) Emele's fate.
4. What happens to Ngea's skull?
(a) It is sent to sea.
(b) His widow rests with it.
(c) It is burned.
(d) It is placed in the skull house.
5. Where does Part 2, Chapter 13 take place?
(c) United States.
6. When Billy needs his gas mask, what happens?
(a) His friend puts it on him.
(b) He puts it on.
(c) It breaks.
(d) He cannot reach it.
7. In Part 3, Chapter 15, who does Billy live with that he knew in the past?
(b) Soldiers from Craiglockhart.
(c) Dr. Rivers.
8. What is Billy writing in at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) A map.
(b) His journal.
(c) The bible.
(d) A newspaper.
9. Where will the funeral boat take Ngea?
(a) To sea.
(b) To heaven.
(c) To an island.
(d) To his grave.
10. In the past generation, Njiru's island's population has dropped by what percentage?
11. What is Emele's physical appearance when the conch is blown?
(a) Glowing and renewed.
(b) Tired and haggard.
(c) Bleeding from her knees.
(d) Bent over and crippled.
12. Where does Billy fight from in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 13?
(d) He doesn't.
13. Where is Ngea's body escorted to, prior to meeting the funeral boat?
(a) A ledge.
(b) The beach.
(c) A cave.
(d) The barracks.
14. How old is the boy Njiru brings back to the village?
15. What happens to Hallett in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) He gets married.
(b) He is injured.
(c) He goes home.
(d) He is killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ngea sit, prior to the death ceremony?
2. Who does Wansbeck admit to having conversations with?
3. What does blowing the conch shell do for the chief's widow?
4. Where is Billy assigned to fight at the end of Part 3, Chapter 15?
5. What sounds awakens Dr. Rivers when Ngea dies?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)