|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Marshall-of-the-Ten-Wounds plan to build?
(a) A bridge.
(b) A plane.
(c) A house.
(d) A fort.
2. Where does Part 2, Chapter 13 take place?
(d) United States.
3. Who is the spirit's channel at Ngea's seance?
(c) Dr. Rivers.
4. Billy's living conditions in Part 2, Chapter 11 are in what condition?
(a) Half pigsty and half kitchen.
(b) Booby trapped by the French.
(c) Under siege.
(d) Half cowshed and half outdoor toilet.
5. How much longer does Billy think the war will continue?
(a) Five years.
(b) He thinks it's ending.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
6. Who is the second most powerful chief in Eddystone?
(d) Dr. Rivers.
7. In the past generation, Njiru's island's population has dropped by what percentage?
8. What happens to Longstaffe in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is wounded.
(c) He defects.
(d) He fights Billy.
9. Why does Dr. Rivers feel like the war has ended?
(a) He is not busy at work.
(b) The weather is nice.
(c) People act as though it already has.
(d) His sister tells him it has.
10. Where will the funeral boat take Ngea?
(a) To sea.
(b) To heaven.
(c) To an island.
(d) To his grave.
11. What sounds awakens Dr. Rivers when Ngea dies?
(a) Ngea's whispering spirit.
(b) Women crying.
(c) The skulls clinking.
(d) Dogs howling.
12. What happens to Billy in battle, as he heads across the water?
(a) He's shot.
(b) He has a panic attack.
(c) He faints.
(d) He's invincible.
13. What sound do the soldiers often hear?
(a) Roosters crowing.
14. How old is the boy Njiru brings back to the village?
15. What type of weather does Dr. Rivers remember from Eddystone?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 11, how do the enlisted men spend their afternoons?
2. What does Billy do with his watch in Part 3, Chapter 18?
3. Who cares for Dr. Rivers in Part 2, Chapter 10?
4. What lifestyle does Dr. Rivers dream of at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 12?
5. What wakes Dr. Rivers from his dream state in Part 2, Chapter 10?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)