|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Billy in battle, as he heads across the water?
(a) He's shot.
(b) He has a panic attack.
(c) He faints.
(d) He's invincible.
2. Where is Billy assigned to fight at the end of Part 3, Chapter 15?
(a) He is sent to Craiglockhart.
(b) The front line.
(c) He is sent home.
(d) At the back of the line.
3. What type of weather does Dr. Rivers remember from Eddystone?
4. What song does Billy hear sung in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) Caro Mi Bien.
(b) Claire de Lune.
(c) Ode to Joy.
(d) Onward Christian Soldiers.
5. When Billy needs his gas mask, what happens?
(a) It breaks.
(b) His friend puts it on him.
(c) He cannot reach it.
(d) He puts it on.
6. Does Dr. Rivers plan to interfere with Emele's crouching stance?
(b) Only if she faints.
(c) Only if Billy arrives on site.
7. What surprises Dr. Rivers at the end of Part 3, Chapter 16?
(a) A return of the flu.
(b) Sarah visits him.
(c) He's assigned to Billy's battalion.
(d) Billy is dead.
8. Where does Billy work on the front lines?
(a) Behind the captain.
(b) Behind the cannon.
(c) In a tank.
(d) A foxhole.
9. What does Harrington attempt and fail at while at war?
(a) Bombing a small village.
(c) Shooting a soldier.
(d) Helping a friend who is dying.
10. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what does Billy have to march through?
(a) The mountains.
(b) Hungry children and angry farmers.
(c) Snow and ice.
(d) Dead bodies and stagnant water.
11. What does Emele need to be successful in order to end her crouching?
(a) Stick gathering.
(b) Game hunting.
(c) The eclipse.
(d) The headhunt.
12. Where does Dr. Rivers dream of in Part 3, Chapter 14?
(c) The countryside.
13. Where is Ngea's body escorted to, prior to meeting the funeral boat?
(a) A cave.
(b) The barracks.
(c) A ledge.
(d) The beach.
14. What is the date in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) September, 1970.
(b) August, 1993.
(c) October, 1918.
(d) November, 1943.
15. What sounds awakens Dr. Rivers when Ngea dies?
(a) The skulls clinking.
(b) Dogs howling.
(c) Women crying.
(d) Ngea's whispering spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. While ill, how does Dr. Rivers get news of the war?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 15, who does Billy live with that he knew in the past?
3. What is cooked over the fire at Ngea's death celebration?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 17, what type of weapons do Billy's battalion fear they will march against?
5. In Dr. Rivers' dream about Ngea's widow, whose face is she wearing in hut?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)