|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Njiru cure a woman of in Dr. Rivers presence?
2. What does Geoffrey complain that he smells, at all times?
(c) His mother's perfume.
(d) Rotting flesh.
3. How does Dr. Rivers feel about Geoffrey when he meets him?
(a) Geoffrey belongs in jail.
(b) Geoffrey should be locked up.
(c) He likes Geoffrey.
(d) Geoffrey deserves to suffer.
4. Where does Dr. Rivers work?
(a) The veteran's hospital.
(b) The mental ward.
(c) The Candy Striper's Association.
(d) The county office.
5. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 6, what does Billy try to convince Dr. Rivers?
(a) He sees ghosts.
(b) He wants to die.
(c) He has a French lover.
(d) Fighting is good for him.
6. What date is it at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 7?
(a) August, 1992.
(b) August, 1918.
(c) August, 1969.
(d) August, 1942.
7. What article of clothing does Billy show Cynthia?
(a) A pair of stockings.
(b) Women's underwear.
(c) A mini skirt.
(d) A bow.
8. What does Billy do his last night in London?
(a) Attempts suicide.
(b) Goes to church.
(c) Goes out.
(d) Visits Sarah.
9. Why was Dr. Rivers scared of scissors as a boy?
(a) He was scared of shiny things.
(b) He was chased with them.
(c) He hated the sight of metal.
(d) He thought they cut body parts off.
10. What are Billy and his soldiers waiting for in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) To get healthy.
(b) To fight.
(c) The war to end.
(d) Medals of honor.
11. The accommodations in France remind Billy of what?
12. Billy is put on the line after how many weeks?
13. What motivates Billy to fight in France?
(a) The Medal of Honor.
(b) Hatred for the French.
(c) Violent tendencies.
(d) Lack of a life plan.
14. When was Dr. Rivers scared of scissors as a boy?
(a) When his mother sewed.
(b) During a fight.
(c) Wrapping a gift.
(d) During a haircut.
15. Who is Sarah to Billy?
(a) His sister.
(b) His nurse.
(c) His mother.
(d) His fiancee.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy feel about marriage?
2. What does Billy think of Sarah by the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
3. At the beginning of the novel, what is Billy afraid of becoming?
4. What is the purpose behind the drawings on Moffet's leg?
5. Who does Mitchell question Billy in front of?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)