|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose behind the drawings on Moffet's leg?
(a) To outline the amputation strategy.
(b) To scare Moffet.
(c) To show Moffet how the war works.
(d) To recover feeling in the area above the drawing.
2. How is the village the officers stay in affected by the war?
(a) It's dangerous.
(b) It's ruined.
(c) It's frightened.
(d) It's thriving.
3. Where do Dr. Rivers's sisters live?
4. What is the effect of Dr. Rivers fever?
(a) Brain damage.
(b) He dies.
(c) Lost appetite.
(d) Strange dreams.
5. What is the view from the officer's residence?
(b) A garden.
(c) A village.
(d) A graveyard.
6. Where did Dr. Rivers treat Billy in the past?
(c) In the war.
7. What date is it at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 7?
(a) August, 1942.
(b) August, 1992.
(c) August, 1918.
(d) August, 1969.
8. What war does Billy want to fight in?
(b) The Korean War.
(c) The French and Indian War.
9. In Part 2, Chapter 9, what do the officers argue about over dinner?
(a) Which soldier deserves a promotion.
(b) Who pays for the meal.
(c) What type of wine to order.
(d) Why England is still at war.
10. Who surprises Billy in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) Dr. Rivers.
11. Who does Ada entertain on Sunday afternoons?
(a) The local vicar.
(b) Billy and Sarah.
(c) Her sewing circle.
(d) The prime minister.
12. What condition is Elinor in when she meets Billy?
13. What article of clothing does Billy show Cynthia?
(a) Women's underwear.
(b) A pair of stockings.
(c) A bow.
(d) A mini skirt.
14. In Part 1, Chapter 3, who does Elinor remind Billy of?
(b) His fiance.
(c) Father McKenzie.
(d) Dr. Rivers.
15. What is the mood of the encounter between Billy and Sarah at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the treatment given to Moffet remind Dr. Rivers of?
2. What is the price for a white woman for sale?
3. Where is Ethel during the visit?
4. What does Billy do his last night in London?
5. Billy thinks Hallet is too _____ to fight?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)