|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Rivers becomes ill with what?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(c) Chicken pox.
(d) The flu.
2. What news does Billy receive at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) He has cancer.
(b) He is going back to France.
(c) Hallet has died.
(d) His fiance is leaving him.
3. Who has children with a native?
(d) Josh Brown.
4. Where does Brennan claim white women can be bought?
(b) The Canary Islands.
(d) Sydney, Australia.
5. How can the character Billy be described?
(a) A commanding leader.
(b) "Too fussy to live."
6. Who did Dr. Rivers travel with in the South Pacific?
(c) Josh Brown.
7. Where did Owen and Billy spend time in the past?
(a) Wanderlane Row.
(c) Toor fe Noir.
8. How does Dr. Rivers feel about Geoffrey when he meets him?
(a) Geoffrey deserves to suffer.
(b) He likes Geoffrey.
(c) Geoffrey should be locked up.
(d) Geoffrey belongs in jail.
9. What is the effect of Dr. Rivers fever?
(a) Strange dreams.
(b) Brain damage.
(c) He dies.
(d) Lost appetite.
10. When was Dr. Rivers scared of scissors as a boy?
(a) When his mother sewed.
(b) Wrapping a gift.
(c) During a haircut.
(d) During a fight.
11. In Part 1, Chapter 3, who does Elinor remind Billy of?
(b) Father McKenzie.
(c) His fiance.
(d) Dr. Rivers.
12. Why is Dr. Rivers worried Catherine's childhood?
(a) She grew up too fast.
(b) He thinks she was traumatized.
(c) He remembers it better than his.
(d) She hated it.
13. What happens to the officers in mid-September?
(a) They die in an attack.
(b) They're all sent to the front.
(c) They catch the flu.
(d) They're all sent home.
14. What does Billy try to hide from the doctor during his medical examination?
15. What does Ian Moffet suffer from?
(a) Cerebral palsy.
(c) Split personality disorder.
(d) Hysterical paralysis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Rivers is willing to treat Ian Moffet's problem, in spite of what?
2. What does Billy do his last night in London?
3. Who interferes with the time between Billy and Sarah?
4. What does Dr. Rivers hear when returning Moffet to bed?
5. What month is it when Billy arrives in France?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)