|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Billy waiting for at the beginning of the novel?
(a) For a letter from his fiance.
(b) To fly a fighter jet.
(c) To return to France to fight.
(d) An apology from his mistress.
2. Where does Njiru meet Dr. Rivers?
(a) In the forest.
(b) At the shore.
(c) On the ship.
(d) Outside a tent.
3. Who does Ada live with?
(a) A housekeeper.
(b) Cynthia and Sarah.
(c) Her fiance.
4. What does Dr. Rivers think of Geoffrey before he meets him?
(a) He should be put away.
(b) He would be a good subject for a paper.
(c) He will be unlikeable.
(d) He will be cured in a day.
5. What article of clothing does Billy show Cynthia?
(a) A mini skirt.
(b) Women's underwear.
(c) A bow.
(d) A pair of stockings.
6. What image does Dr. Rivers remember at the end of Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) A rose in the snow.
(b) A house of skulls.
(c) A cross on a hill.
(d) A dying soldier.
7. What does Ada do on Saturday nights?
(a) Helps Billy cook and clean.
(b) Goes to the bar.
(c) Attends seances.
(d) Feeds the hungry.
8. When Dr. Rivers is ill, he recalls playing what game as a boy?
(a) Lawn darts.
(d) Marco Polo.
9. How does Billy feel about marriage?
(a) He wants to find a wife.
(b) He is not sure he is ready.
(c) He can't wait.
(d) It's a perfect union.
10. What war does Billy want to fight in?
(b) The French and Indian War.
(d) The Korean War.
11. Who did Geoffrey kill?
(b) A German soldier.
(c) His best friend.
(d) A French soldier.
12. How does Dr. Rivers feel about Geoffrey when he meets him?
(a) Geoffrey deserves to suffer.
(b) Geoffrey belongs in jail.
(c) He likes Geoffrey.
(d) Geoffrey should be locked up.
13. How long does it take for feeling to return to Moffet's legs?
(a) A couple of days.
(b) Two years.
(c) A month.
(d) Two seconds.
14. What is unique about the start of Part 2?
(a) Billy is injured.
(b) Billy gets gout.
(c) Dr. Rivers dies.
(d) It is Billy's diary.
15. What does Dr. Rivers draw on Moffet's legs?
(b) War maps.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dr. Rivers work?
2. How does Billy travel to France?
3. Why is Billy sent back to England?
4. What does Njiru cure a woman of in Dr. Rivers presence?
5. Who does the treatment given to Moffet remind Dr. Rivers of?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)