|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dr. Rivers worried Catherine's childhood?
(a) He remembers it better than his.
(b) She hated it.
(c) She grew up too fast.
(d) He thinks she was traumatized.
2. What kind of healer is Njiru?
(a) A witch doctor.
(b) The head of neurology.
(c) A reiki practicioner.
(d) A faith healer.
3. What is the mood of the encounter between Billy and Sarah at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5?
4. Where did Dr. Rivers treat Billy in the past?
(a) In the war.
5. What does Dr. Rivers reminisce about?
(a) His time in the war.
(b) The man he saved.
(c) The one who got away.
(d) His childhood.
6. Who surprises Billy in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(d) Dr. Rivers.
7. In Part 2, Chapter 9, how does Billy feel about being in the war?
8. What do the officers drink together on the porch?
(a) Iced tea.
9. What is the purpose behind the drawings on Moffet's leg?
(a) To scare Moffet.
(b) To recover feeling in the area above the drawing.
(c) To outline the amputation strategy.
(d) To show Moffet how the war works.
10. What does Njiru tell Dr. Rivers lives in the lower intestines?
(a) An octopus.
(b) A cursed ruler.
11. What month is it when Billy arrives in France?
12. How does the war affect Billy?
(a) He wants to defect.
(b) He becomes pro-peace.
(c) He loses his legs.
(d) He becomes mentally ill.
13. Where do Elinor and Billy end up together in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) In bed.
(b) On a ship.
(c) In church.
(d) At tea.
14. How does Moffet respond to his cure?
(a) Signing up for a marathon.
(b) Dedicating his life to Dr. Rivers.
(c) Attempted suicide.
(d) Thanking Dr. Rivers.
15. What war does Billy want to fight in?
(b) The Korean War.
(c) The French and Indian War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Billy run into prior to his medical exam?
2. What does Mitchell focus on while questioning Billy?
3. Why doesn't Dr. Rivers want Billy to return to war?
4. What is Njiru's physical affliction?
5. At the beginning of the novel, what is Billy afraid of becoming?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)