Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dr. Rivers worried Catherine's childhood?
(a) She grew up too fast.
(b) He remembers it better than his.
(c) She hated it.
(d) He thinks she was traumatized.
2. How long does it take for feeling to return to Moffet's legs?
(a) Two years.
(b) A couple of days.
(c) A month.
(d) Two seconds.
3. What happens to the officers in mid-September?
(a) They die in an attack.
(b) They catch the flu.
(c) They're all sent to the front.
(d) They're all sent home.
4. What does Ian Moffet suffer from?
(b) Hysterical paralysis.
(c) Cerebral palsy.
(d) Split personality disorder.
5. When was Dr. Rivers scared of scissors as a boy?
(a) During a fight.
(b) During a haircut.
(c) Wrapping a gift.
(d) When his mother sewed.
6. Where is Ethel during the visit?
(a) By Catherine's side.
(b) Listening from the other room.
(c) Taking the day off.
(d) Visiting her mother.
7. At the beginning of the novel, what is Billy afraid of becoming?
(a) A munitions worker.
(b) A dishonor to his counrty.
(c) A defector.
(d) A general in the army.
8. What was Dr. Rivers called as a boy?
9. What article of clothing does Billy show Cynthia?
(a) A bow.
(b) A pair of stockings.
(c) Women's underwear.
(d) A mini skirt.
10. Who has children with a native?
(a) Josh Brown.
11. What are Billy and his soldiers waiting for in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) To get healthy.
(b) Medals of honor.
(c) To fight.
(d) The war to end.
12. Who interferes with the time between Billy and Sarah?
(a) Father McKenzie.
(d) Grandma Sue.
13. What makes it hard for Elinor to walk when she meets Billy?
(b) A sprained ankle.
(d) Red high heels.
14. What affliction did Charles Dodgson suffer from?
15. Where do Billy's men stay in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) In the dorms.
(b) At a residence.
(c) In a church.
(d) In tents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dr. Rivers named after?
2. Who does Ada live with?
3. What does Dr. Rivers reminisce about?
4. Where do Elinor and Billy end up together in Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. What does Njiru cure a woman of in Dr. Rivers presence?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)