|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can the character Billy be described?
(b) A commanding leader.
(d) "Too fussy to live."
2. Who did Geoffrey kill?
(b) A German soldier.
(c) His best friend.
(d) A French soldier.
3. What do the officers drink together on the porch?
(a) Iced tea.
4. What month is it when Billy arrives in France?
5. What image does Dr. Rivers remember at the end of Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) A dying soldier.
(b) A rose in the snow.
(c) A cross on a hill.
(d) A house of skulls.
6. Where do the officers sleep in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) An abandoned barn.
(b) An abandoned house.
(c) The barracks.
(d) A hotel.
7. In Part 2, Chapter 9, how does Billy feel about being in the war?
8. How does Billy feel about marriage?
(a) He wants to find a wife.
(b) He is not sure he is ready.
(c) It's a perfect union.
(d) He can't wait.
9. What article of clothing does Billy show Cynthia?
(a) A mini skirt.
(b) A pair of stockings.
(c) Women's underwear.
(d) A bow.
10. Who does Dr. Rivers help?
11. Where does Dr. Rivers work?
(a) The veteran's hospital.
(b) The Candy Striper's Association.
(c) The county office.
(d) The mental ward.
12. Where is Ethel during the visit?
(a) Listening from the other room.
(b) Taking the day off.
(c) Visiting her mother.
(d) By Catherine's side.
13. How does Billy travel to France?
(a) By ship.
(b) By train.
(c) He marches.
(d) By plane.
14. What does Dr. Rivers see that causes him to start stammering?
(a) A painting of an amputation.
(b) Someone cutting their tongue.
(c) A woman being slapped.
(d) A war zone.
15. What is unique about the start of Part 2?
(a) Billy gets gout.
(b) It is Billy's diary.
(c) Dr. Rivers dies.
(d) Billy is injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Owen and Billy spend time in the past?
2. What date is it at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 7?
3. How does Billy feel when he arrives in France?
4. Who is Ethel to Catherine?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 9, what type of transportation does Billy take?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)