|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Billy and his soldiers waiting for in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) Medals of honor.
(b) To get healthy.
(c) The war to end.
(d) To fight.
2. What does Billy try to hide from the doctor during his medical examination?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 9, what do the officers argue about over dinner?
(a) What type of wine to order.
(b) Which soldier deserves a promotion.
(c) Who pays for the meal.
(d) Why England is still at war.
4. What is the price for a white woman for sale?
(a) 80 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 5 pounds.
(d) 40 pounds.
5. What news does Billy receive at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) He is going back to France.
(b) He has cancer.
(c) Hallet has died.
(d) His fiance is leaving him.
6. What color is the tint of Sarah's face, due to her work?
7. What does Billy think of Sarah by the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) He can do better.
(b) He is in love.
(c) She's promiscuous.
(d) She is an angel.
8. Who does the treatment given to Moffet remind Dr. Rivers of?
(b) A woman he once saved.
(d) His mother.
9. Where does Brennan claim white women can be bought?
(a) Sydney, Australia.
(d) The Canary Islands.
10. Where do Elinor and Billy end up together in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) At tea.
(b) In church.
(c) On a ship.
(d) In bed.
11. How does the war affect Billy?
(a) He becomes pro-peace.
(b) He wants to defect.
(c) He loses his legs.
(d) He becomes mentally ill.
12. Who did Geoffrey kill?
(a) His best friend.
(b) A German soldier.
(c) A French soldier.
13. Dr. Rivers becomes ill with what?
(a) Chicken pox.
(c) The flu.
(d) Scarlet fever.
14. What does Billy do his last night in London?
(a) Goes to church.
(b) Visits Sarah.
(c) Attempts suicide.
(d) Goes out.
15. What does Mitchell focus on while questioning Billy?
(a) His love for his country.
(b) His loyalty to his unit.
(c) His asthma and prior attacks.
(d) His bravery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy label his fellow soldiers?
2. What motivates Billy to fight in France?
3. Who has children with a native?
4. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 6, what does Billy try to convince Dr. Rivers?
5. What title is Billy given in Part 2, Chapter 9?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)