|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Bradford, what type of woman does Billy meet?
(a) Female officer.
(d) Lady of the evening.
2. At the beginning of the novel, what is Billy afraid of becoming?
(a) A dishonor to his counrty.
(b) A munitions worker.
(c) A general in the army.
(d) A defector.
3. Where does Billy meet up with Charles Manning?
(d) At sea.
4. What does Ian Moffet suffer from?
(a) Split personality disorder.
(b) Cerebral palsy.
(d) Hysterical paralysis.
5. Where does Brennan claim white women can be bought?
(b) The Canary Islands.
(c) Sydney, Australia.
6. Billy is put on the line after how many weeks?
7. The accommodations in France remind Billy of what?
8. Who does Dr. Rivers help?
9. Who is Dr. Rivers named after?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His uncle.
(c) The president.
(d) The barber.
10. What is the view from the officer's residence?
(a) A graveyard.
(b) A village.
(c) A garden.
11. What does Geoffrey complain that he smells, at all times?
(b) His mother's perfume.
(c) Rotting flesh.
12. Who does Billy see at the embarkation point?
(a) Sarah and her family.
(b) Hallett and his family.
(c) Dr. Mather.
(d) Ian Moffet.
13. What state of mind is Billy in when the novel opens?
(a) Proud of himself for bravery.
(b) He feels like the luckiest man on earth.
(c) Waiting for his life to start.
(d) Excited to be married.
14. Where do the officers sleep in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) An abandoned barn.
(b) A hotel.
(c) The barracks.
(d) An abandoned house.
15. What did Dr. Rivers think of Njiru's methods?
(a) They are unsanitary.
(b) They do not get to the root of the problem.
(c) They are black magic.
(d) He can learn from them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the war affect Billy?
2. Where did Owen and Billy spend time in the past?
3. Dr. Rivers is willing to treat Ian Moffet's problem, in spite of what?
4. Where does Dr. Rivers work?
5. What type of course does Hallet take?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)