|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title is Billy given in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) Lead Officer.
(b) Tank Officer.
(c) Gas Officer.
(d) Officer Strong.
2. What did Dr. Rivers think of Njiru's methods?
(a) He can learn from them.
(b) They are unsanitary.
(c) They are black magic.
(d) They do not get to the root of the problem.
3. Why was Dr. Rivers scared of scissors as a boy?
(a) He was scared of shiny things.
(b) He thought they cut body parts off.
(c) He hated the sight of metal.
(d) He was chased with them.
4. In Bradford, what type of woman does Billy meet?
(b) Lady of the evening.
(d) Female officer.
5. How does Billy feel when he arrives in France?
6. Where do Billy's men stay in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) In the dorms.
(b) At a residence.
(c) In a church.
(d) In tents.
7. Who surprises Billy in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) Dr. Rivers.
8. What does Billy try to hide from the doctor during his medical examination?
9. What does Ian Moffet suffer from?
(b) Hysterical paralysis.
(c) Cerebral palsy.
(d) Split personality disorder.
10. Who does Billy run into prior to his medical exam?
(b) His mother.
(c) Dr. Rivers.
11. How can the character Billy be described?
(a) A commanding leader.
(b) "Too fussy to live."
12. In Part 2, Chapter 9, how does Billy feel about being in the war?
13. What is Njiru's physical affliction?
(a) A curved spine.
(b) He is missing a thumb.
(d) He has one leg.
14. Who is Ethel to Catherine?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her sister and caretaker.
(c) Her driver.
(d) Her cook.
15. What does Njiru tell Dr. Rivers lives in the lower intestines?
(a) An octopus.
(c) A cursed ruler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it when Billy arrives in France?
2. Who does the treatment given to Moffet remind Dr. Rivers of?
3. What war does Billy want to fight in?
4. What kind of healer is Njiru?
5. Who does Ada entertain on Sunday afternoons?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)