|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Rivers see that causes him to start stammering?
(a) A war zone.
(b) A painting of an amputation.
(c) A woman being slapped.
(d) Someone cutting their tongue.
2. What does Dr. Rivers reminisce about?
(a) His childhood.
(b) The one who got away.
(c) His time in the war.
(d) The man he saved.
3. What is the effect of Dr. Rivers fever?
(a) He dies.
(b) Strange dreams.
(c) Lost appetite.
(d) Brain damage.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 9, what type of transportation does Billy take?
5. At the beginning of the novel, what is Billy afraid of becoming?
(a) A defector.
(b) A dishonor to his counrty.
(c) A general in the army.
(d) A munitions worker.
6. What state of mind is Billy in when the novel opens?
(a) Waiting for his life to start.
(b) Proud of himself for bravery.
(c) Excited to be married.
(d) He feels like the luckiest man on earth.
7. How does Moffet respond to his cure?
(a) Signing up for a marathon.
(b) Attempted suicide.
(c) Dedicating his life to Dr. Rivers.
(d) Thanking Dr. Rivers.
8. Where does Njiru meet Dr. Rivers?
(a) Outside a tent.
(b) On the ship.
(c) In the forest.
(d) At the shore.
9. What does Ada do on Saturday nights?
(a) Feeds the hungry.
(b) Helps Billy cook and clean.
(c) Attends seances.
(d) Goes to the bar.
10. What does Dr. Rivers draw on Moffet's legs?
(a) War maps.
11. Where do Elinor and Billy end up together in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) On a ship.
(b) In church.
(c) At tea.
(d) In bed.
12. What changes in the narration in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) It is from several different point of views.
(b) It is written in Morse Code.
(c) Nothing changes.
(d) It becomes first person.
13. What does Dr. Rivers think of Geoffrey before he meets him?
(a) He would be a good subject for a paper.
(b) He will be cured in a day.
(c) He should be put away.
(d) He will be unlikeable.
14. Who does Billy run into prior to his medical exam?
(a) His mother.
(c) Dr. Rivers.
15. What does Billy do his last night in London?
(a) Attempts suicide.
(b) Goes out.
(c) Visits Sarah.
(d) Goes to church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What image does Dr. Rivers remember at the end of Part 1, Chapter 4?
2. What kind of healer is Njiru?
3. How does the war affect Billy?
4. Who does the treatment given to Moffet remind Dr. Rivers of?
5. In Njiru, when can a widow be comforted after death?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)