|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Billy sent back to England?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 9, what type of transportation does Billy take?
3. Who does Ada entertain on Sunday afternoons?
(a) The local vicar.
(b) The prime minister.
(c) Billy and Sarah.
(d) Her sewing circle.
4. How does Billy feel when he arrives in France?
5. Who did Geoffrey kill?
(a) His best friend.
(b) A German soldier.
(c) A French soldier.
6. What does Ada do on Saturday nights?
(a) Attends seances.
(b) Helps Billy cook and clean.
(c) Feeds the hungry.
(d) Goes to the bar.
7. What is Dr. Rivers doing when he meets Njiru?
(b) Shining his shoes.
(c) Fighting a battle.
(d) Fixing an oil lamp.
8. In Bradford, what type of woman does Billy meet?
(b) Lady of the evening.
(d) Female officer.
9. What are Billy and his soldiers waiting for in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) To fight.
(b) Medals of honor.
(c) The war to end.
(d) To get healthy.
10. Where does Elinor have a room?
(a) The mental institution.
(b) The barracks.
(d) The local boarding house.
11. Who is Dr. Rivers named after?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) The barber.
(c) The president.
(d) His uncle.
12. Who surprises Billy in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(b) Dr. Rivers.
13. What news does Billy receive at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) His fiance is leaving him.
(b) Hallet has died.
(c) He is going back to France.
(d) He has cancer.
14. What does Billy label his fellow soldiers?
(a) Traitors to land and sea.
(b) Ghosts in the making.
(d) Fighters until the end.
15. The accommodations in France remind Billy of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ada live with?
2. Where is Ethel during the visit?
3. How does Billy feel about marriage?
4. How is the village the officers stay in affected by the war?
5. What do the officers drink together on the porch?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)