|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Rivers doing when he meets Njiru?
(a) Shining his shoes.
(c) Fixing an oil lamp.
(d) Fighting a battle.
2. Dr. Rivers is willing to treat Ian Moffet's problem, in spite of what?
(a) Disdain from the military board.
(b) Lack of funds.
(c) Protests from Ian's family.
(d) Lack of a cause.
3. What type of course does Hallet take?
(b) Morse code.
(d) The Captain's Course.
4. What does Njiru tell Dr. Rivers lives in the lower intestines?
(b) A cursed ruler.
(d) An octopus.
5. In Njiru, when can a widow be comforted after death?
(a) Thirty days after death.
(b) When the conch shell is blown.
(c) When a new ship comes to shore.
(d) When there is an eclipse.
6. What condition is Elinor in when she meets Billy?
7. What does Billy do his last night in London?
(a) Goes to church.
(b) Goes out.
(c) Visits Sarah.
(d) Attempts suicide.
8. What is Njiru's physical affliction?
(b) He has one leg.
(c) A curved spine.
(d) He is missing a thumb.
9. Why was Dr. Rivers scared of scissors as a boy?
(a) He hated the sight of metal.
(b) He was chased with them.
(c) He was scared of shiny things.
(d) He thought they cut body parts off.
10. Who has children with a native?
(b) Josh Brown.
11. What is unique about the start of Part 2?
(a) Dr. Rivers dies.
(b) Billy gets gout.
(c) Billy is injured.
(d) It is Billy's diary.
12. What happens to the officers in mid-September?
(a) They catch the flu.
(b) They die in an attack.
(c) They're all sent to the front.
(d) They're all sent home.
13. What does Dr. Rivers think of Geoffrey before he meets him?
(a) He will be cured in a day.
(b) He will be unlikeable.
(c) He would be a good subject for a paper.
(d) He should be put away.
14. What does Dr. Rivers feel for Billy?
(a) Fatherly affection.
15. When was Dr. Rivers scared of scissors as a boy?
(a) During a fight.
(b) During a haircut.
(c) When his mother sewed.
(d) Wrapping a gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy label his fellow soldiers?
2. Who does the treatment given to Moffet remind Dr. Rivers of?
3. What kind of healer is Njiru?
4. How does the war affect Billy?
5. What makes it hard for Elinor to walk when she meets Billy?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)