|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ada live with?
(a) Her fiance.
(c) A housekeeper.
(d) Cynthia and Sarah.
2. What does Ada do on Saturday nights?
(a) Feeds the hungry.
(b) Helps Billy cook and clean.
(c) Attends seances.
(d) Goes to the bar.
3. What kind of healer is Njiru?
(a) The head of neurology.
(b) A witch doctor.
(c) A reiki practicioner.
(d) A faith healer.
4. Where do Elinor and Billy end up together in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) In bed.
(b) At tea.
(c) On a ship.
(d) In church.
5. Why doesn't Dr. Rivers want Billy to return to war?
(a) Billy suffers from hypothermia.
(b) His anger issues.
(c) His anemia.
(d) Billy's recent memory problems.
6. Who surprises Billy in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) Dr. Rivers.
7. When Dr. Rivers is ill, he recalls playing what game as a boy?
(b) Marco Polo.
(d) Lawn darts.
8. How does Moffet respond to his cure?
(a) Attempted suicide.
(b) Thanking Dr. Rivers.
(c) Signing up for a marathon.
(d) Dedicating his life to Dr. Rivers.
9. What is the mood of the encounter between Billy and Sarah at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5?
10. What makes it hard for Elinor to walk when she meets Billy?
(a) A sprained ankle.
(b) Red high heels.
11. What does Dr. Rivers see that causes him to start stammering?
(a) A woman being slapped.
(b) Someone cutting their tongue.
(c) A war zone.
(d) A painting of an amputation.
12. What is the purpose behind the drawings on Moffet's leg?
(a) To recover feeling in the area above the drawing.
(b) To show Moffet how the war works.
(c) To outline the amputation strategy.
(d) To scare Moffet.
13. What date is it at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 7?
(a) August, 1918.
(b) August, 1942.
(c) August, 1992.
(d) August, 1969.
14. In Part 2, Chapter 9, how does Billy feel about being in the war?
15. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 6, what does Billy try to convince Dr. Rivers?
(a) Fighting is good for him.
(b) He wants to die.
(c) He sees ghosts.
(d) He has a French lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it when Billy arrives in France?
2. What is the effect of Dr. Rivers fever?
3. In Bradford, what type of woman does Billy meet?
4. What does Geoffrey complain that he smells, at all times?
5. What do the officers drink together on the porch?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)