|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Billy receive at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) He has cancer.
(b) Hallet has died.
(c) His fiance is leaving him.
(d) He is going back to France.
2. Why is Dr. Rivers bothered by Moffet's recovery?
(a) It happens too slow.
(b) It happens too fast.
(c) He thinks Moffett is faking.
(d) It's not based in medicine.
3. What does Dr. Rivers see that causes him to start stammering?
(a) Someone cutting their tongue.
(b) A woman being slapped.
(c) A war zone.
(d) A painting of an amputation.
4. Who surprises Billy in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) Dr. Rivers.
5. Who does Mitchell question Billy in front of?
(a) His mother.
(b) The military board.
(c) His fiancee.
(d) The captain.
6. Who did Geoffrey kill?
(b) A German soldier.
(c) A French soldier.
(d) His best friend.
7. Where did Owen and Billy spend time in the past?
(a) Wanderlane Row.
(c) Toor fe Noir.
8. In Part 2, Chapter 9, what type of transportation does Billy take?
9. What are Billy and his soldiers waiting for in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) Medals of honor.
(b) The war to end.
(c) To get healthy.
(d) To fight.
10. Where do Dr. Rivers's sisters live?
11. What does Billy label his fellow soldiers?
(a) Ghosts in the making.
(c) Fighters until the end.
(d) Traitors to land and sea.
12. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 6, what does Billy try to convince Dr. Rivers?
(a) He has a French lover.
(b) Fighting is good for him.
(c) He wants to die.
(d) He sees ghosts.
13. Why is Dr. Rivers worried Catherine's childhood?
(a) He thinks she was traumatized.
(b) He remembers it better than his.
(c) She hated it.
(d) She grew up too fast.
14. Where is Ethel during the visit?
(a) Visiting her mother.
(b) By Catherine's side.
(c) Listening from the other room.
(d) Taking the day off.
15. Who is Dr. Rivers named after?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) The barber.
(d) The president.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ada live with?
2. Who did Dr. Rivers travel with in the South Pacific?
3. What is the price for a white woman for sale?
4. At the beginning of the novel, what is Billy afraid of becoming?
5. Who does Billy run into prior to his medical exam?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)