|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Dr. Rivers complete a mission?
(b) Canary Island.
(c) Pearl Harbor.
(d) Island Petro.
2. What state of mind is Billy in when the novel opens?
(a) Waiting for his life to start.
(b) He feels like the luckiest man on earth.
(c) Excited to be married.
(d) Proud of himself for bravery.
3. Who does Ada entertain on Sunday afternoons?
(a) Her sewing circle.
(b) The local vicar.
(c) Billy and Sarah.
(d) The prime minister.
4. Where did Dr. Rivers treat Billy in the past?
(a) In the war.
5. In Part 2, Chapter 9, what type of transportation does Billy take?
6. What news does Billy receive at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) He is going back to France.
(b) He has cancer.
(c) His fiance is leaving him.
(d) Hallet has died.
7. Where do Elinor and Billy end up together in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) In church.
(b) On a ship.
(c) In bed.
(d) At tea.
8. Dr. Rivers is willing to treat Ian Moffet's problem, in spite of what?
(a) Disdain from the military board.
(b) Lack of funds.
(c) Lack of a cause.
(d) Protests from Ian's family.
9. What does Njiru cure a woman of in Dr. Rivers presence?
10. How does Dr. Rivers feel about Geoffrey when he meets him?
(a) Geoffrey belongs in jail.
(b) Geoffrey deserves to suffer.
(c) Geoffrey should be locked up.
(d) He likes Geoffrey.
11. What makes it hard for Elinor to walk when she meets Billy?
(a) A sprained ankle.
(c) Red high heels.
12. Who did Dr. Rivers travel with in the South Pacific?
(d) Josh Brown.
13. Who does Billy run into prior to his medical exam?
(b) Dr. Rivers.
(d) His mother.
14. How does Billy feel when he arrives in France?
15. What does Dr. Rivers feel for Billy?
(a) Fatherly affection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Dr. Rivers called as a boy?
2. Why is Billy sent back to England?
3. What are Billy and his soldiers waiting for in Part 2, Chapter 9?
4. Where do the troops live in France?
5. What type of course does Hallet take?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)