|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Rivers feel about Geoffrey when he meets him?
(a) Geoffrey belongs in jail.
(b) Geoffrey should be locked up.
(c) He likes Geoffrey.
(d) Geoffrey deserves to suffer.
2. Why is Dr. Rivers bothered by Moffet's recovery?
(a) It's not based in medicine.
(b) It happens too slow.
(c) He thinks Moffett is faking.
(d) It happens too fast.
3. Where is Ethel during the visit?
(a) Listening from the other room.
(b) Taking the day off.
(c) By Catherine's side.
(d) Visiting her mother.
4. At the beginning of the novel, what is Billy afraid of becoming?
(a) A defector.
(b) A munitions worker.
(c) A dishonor to his counrty.
(d) A general in the army.
5. What motivates Billy to fight in France?
(a) Hatred for the French.
(b) Violent tendencies.
(c) The Medal of Honor.
(d) Lack of a life plan.
6. Why was Dr. Rivers scared of scissors as a boy?
(a) He hated the sight of metal.
(b) He thought they cut body parts off.
(c) He was chased with them.
(d) He was scared of shiny things.
7. What does Dr. Rivers feel for Billy?
(c) Fatherly affection.
8. How does Billy feel about marriage?
(a) It's a perfect union.
(b) He wants to find a wife.
(c) He is not sure he is ready.
(d) He can't wait.
9. Who does Billy run into prior to his medical exam?
(a) Dr. Rivers.
(d) His mother.
10. What does Billy try to hide from the doctor during his medical examination?
11. What date is it at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 7?
(a) August, 1918.
(b) August, 1969.
(c) August, 1992.
(d) August, 1942.
12. Where did Dr. Rivers complete a mission?
(b) Canary Island.
(c) Pearl Harbor.
(d) Island Petro.
13. What is the effect of Dr. Rivers fever?
(a) Lost appetite.
(b) He dies.
(c) Strange dreams.
(d) Brain damage.
14. What news does Billy receive at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) He is going back to France.
(b) Hallet has died.
(c) He has cancer.
(d) His fiance is leaving him.
15. Where does Elinor have a room?
(a) The barracks.
(b) The local boarding house.
(d) The mental institution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interferes with the time between Billy and Sarah?
2. Dr. Rivers becomes ill with what?
3. Why is Billy sent back to England?
4. What is the mood of the encounter between Billy and Sarah at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5?
5. How does Moffet respond to his cure?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)