|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes it hard for Elinor to walk when she meets Billy?
(c) Red high heels.
(d) A sprained ankle.
2. What does Billy think of Sarah by the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) She is an angel.
(b) He is in love.
(c) She's promiscuous.
(d) He can do better.
3. The accommodations in France remind Billy of what?
4. Who does Mitchell question Billy in front of?
(a) His mother.
(b) The captain.
(c) The military board.
(d) His fiancee.
5. Who does Billy run into prior to his medical exam?
(a) His mother.
(b) Dr. Rivers.
6. Where did Dr. Rivers complete a mission?
(a) Canary Island.
(c) Island Petro.
(d) Pearl Harbor.
7. In Part 2, Chapter 9, how does Billy feel about being in the war?
8. What does Dr. Rivers think of Geoffrey before he meets him?
(a) He will be cured in a day.
(b) He would be a good subject for a paper.
(c) He will be unlikeable.
(d) He should be put away.
9. How does Billy feel when he arrives in France?
10. In Part 1, Chapter 3, who does Elinor remind Billy of?
(a) Father McKenzie.
(b) His fiance.
(c) Dr. Rivers.
11. How does Billy travel to France?
(a) By plane.
(b) He marches.
(c) By train.
(d) By ship.
12. Where does Dr. Rivers work?
(a) The Candy Striper's Association.
(b) The mental ward.
(c) The veteran's hospital.
(d) The county office.
13. Where did Dr. Rivers treat Billy in the past?
(b) In the war.
14. What do the officers drink together on the porch?
(b) Iced tea.
15. What article of clothing does Billy show Cynthia?
(a) A pair of stockings.
(b) Women's underwear.
(c) A bow.
(d) A mini skirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Njiru meet Dr. Rivers?
2. What is unique about the start of Part 2?
3. What is Njiru's physical affliction?
4. Where do the troops live in France?
5. What does Geoffrey complain that he smells, at all times?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)