|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes it hard for Elinor to walk when she meets Billy?
(a) Red high heels.
(b) A sprained ankle.
2. What is Billy waiting for at the beginning of the novel?
(a) For a letter from his fiance.
(b) To fly a fighter jet.
(c) An apology from his mistress.
(d) To return to France to fight.
3. Does Dr. Rivers want Billy to fight?
(a) If Billy wants to.
(b) Yes, because Billy is good at it.
(d) Yes, because he doesn't like Billy.
4. What does Billy do his last night in London?
(a) Goes out.
(b) Goes to church.
(c) Attempts suicide.
(d) Visits Sarah.
5. How does Billy feel about marriage?
(a) He wants to find a wife.
(b) He is not sure he is ready.
(c) It's a perfect union.
(d) He can't wait.
6. Who did Geoffrey kill?
(b) A French soldier.
(c) A German soldier.
(d) His best friend.
7. Where do the officers sleep in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) An abandoned house.
(b) The barracks.
(c) A hotel.
(d) An abandoned barn.
8. In Njiru, when can a widow be comforted after death?
(a) When the conch shell is blown.
(b) When a new ship comes to shore.
(c) Thirty days after death.
(d) When there is an eclipse.
9. Where do Dr. Rivers's sisters live?
10. What is the effect of Dr. Rivers fever?
(a) Strange dreams.
(b) He dies.
(c) Lost appetite.
(d) Brain damage.
11. How does Billy feel when he arrives in France?
12. What changes in the narration in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) It is from several different point of views.
(b) Nothing changes.
(c) It becomes first person.
(d) It is written in Morse Code.
13. Who interferes with the time between Billy and Sarah?
(a) Father McKenzie.
(c) Grandma Sue.
14. Why is Billy sent back to England?
15. What does Dr. Rivers think of Geoffrey before he meets him?
(a) He should be put away.
(b) He will be cured in a day.
(c) He would be a good subject for a paper.
(d) He will be unlikeable.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Bradford, what type of woman does Billy meet?
2. What does Ada do on Saturday nights?
3. How is the village the officers stay in affected by the war?
4. Who does Dr. Rivers help?
5. Where did Owen and Billy spend time in the past?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)