|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dr. Rivers bothered by Moffet's recovery?
(a) He thinks Moffett is faking.
(b) It's not based in medicine.
(c) It happens too slow.
(d) It happens too fast.
2. What title is Billy given in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) Officer Strong.
(b) Lead Officer.
(c) Tank Officer.
(d) Gas Officer.
3. How can the character Billy be described?
(b) "Too fussy to live."
(c) A commanding leader.
4. What did Dr. Rivers think of Njiru's methods?
(a) They are black magic.
(b) They are unsanitary.
(c) He can learn from them.
(d) They do not get to the root of the problem.
5. What kind of healer is Njiru?
(a) A faith healer.
(b) A reiki practicioner.
(c) The head of neurology.
(d) A witch doctor.
6. What image does Dr. Rivers remember at the end of Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) A house of skulls.
(b) A cross on a hill.
(c) A dying soldier.
(d) A rose in the snow.
7. What does Ada do on Saturday nights?
(a) Goes to the bar.
(b) Attends seances.
(c) Feeds the hungry.
(d) Helps Billy cook and clean.
8. How do Billy and Sarah attempt to be alone?
(a) Catching the train to Paris.
(b) Taking a canoe down the river.
(c) Faking headaches to stay home.
(d) Running out of view.
9. Where did Owen and Billy spend time in the past?
(b) Wanderlane Row.
(d) Toor fe Noir.
10. What affliction did Charles Dodgson suffer from?
11. When was Dr. Rivers scared of scissors as a boy?
(a) When his mother sewed.
(b) During a fight.
(c) During a haircut.
(d) Wrapping a gift.
12. Where does Dr. Rivers work?
(a) The veteran's hospital.
(b) The Candy Striper's Association.
(c) The mental ward.
(d) The county office.
13. Where do Elinor and Billy end up together in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) On a ship.
(b) In church.
(c) In bed.
(d) At tea.
14. What month is it when Billy arrives in France?
15. Why is Billy sent back to England?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sarah to Billy?
2. Who does Ada entertain on Sunday afternoons?
3. What does Dr. Rivers see that causes him to start stammering?
4. What does Dr. Rivers feel for Billy?
5. What is Billy waiting for at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)