|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the war affect Billy?
(a) He loses his legs.
(b) He wants to defect.
(c) He becomes mentally ill.
(d) He becomes pro-peace.
2. How is the village the officers stay in affected by the war?
(a) It's dangerous.
(b) It's thriving.
(c) It's frightened.
(d) It's ruined.
3. What month is it when Billy arrives in France?
4. Who does Billy run into prior to his medical exam?
(c) Dr. Rivers.
(d) His mother.
5. How does Billy feel when he arrives in France?
6. When Dr. Rivers is ill, he recalls playing what game as a boy?
(c) Lawn darts.
(d) Marco Polo.
7. In Njiru, when can a widow be comforted after death?
(a) Thirty days after death.
(b) When the conch shell is blown.
(c) When a new ship comes to shore.
(d) When there is an eclipse.
8. What does Dr. Rivers think of Geoffrey before he meets him?
(a) He should be put away.
(b) He would be a good subject for a paper.
(c) He will be cured in a day.
(d) He will be unlikeable.
9. What state of mind is Billy in when the novel opens?
(a) He feels like the luckiest man on earth.
(b) Proud of himself for bravery.
(c) Excited to be married.
(d) Waiting for his life to start.
10. Where do the officers sleep in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) An abandoned house.
(b) A hotel.
(c) The barracks.
(d) An abandoned barn.
11. What does Billy label his fellow soldiers?
(a) Fighters until the end.
(b) Ghosts in the making.
(c) Traitors to land and sea.
12. Where does Dr. Rivers work?
(a) The Candy Striper's Association.
(b) The county office.
(c) The veteran's hospital.
(d) The mental ward.
13. Who is Dr. Rivers named after?
(a) His uncle.
(b) The barber.
(c) The president.
(d) His grandfather.
14. What does Njiru tell Dr. Rivers lives in the lower intestines?
(b) A cursed ruler.
(c) An octopus.
15. Where does Billy meet up with Charles Manning?
(a) At sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Elinor and Billy end up together in Part 1, Chapter 3?
2. How long does it take for feeling to return to Moffet's legs?
3. Where does Njiru meet Dr. Rivers?
4. Why was Dr. Rivers scared of scissors as a boy?
5. What is the purpose behind the drawings on Moffet's leg?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)