|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Rivers feel about Geoffrey when he meets him?
(a) He likes Geoffrey.
(b) Geoffrey belongs in jail.
(c) Geoffrey should be locked up.
(d) Geoffrey deserves to suffer.
2. Where is Ethel during the visit?
(a) Taking the day off.
(b) Listening from the other room.
(c) Visiting her mother.
(d) By Catherine's side.
3. Who interferes with the time between Billy and Sarah?
(c) Grandma Sue.
(d) Father McKenzie.
4. What is the purpose behind the drawings on Moffet's leg?
(a) To outline the amputation strategy.
(b) To show Moffet how the war works.
(c) To scare Moffet.
(d) To recover feeling in the area above the drawing.
5. What does Billy think of Sarah by the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) He can do better.
(b) She is an angel.
(c) He is in love.
(d) She's promiscuous.
6. What title is Billy given in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) Officer Strong.
(b) Gas Officer.
(c) Lead Officer.
(d) Tank Officer.
7. Where do the troops live in France?
8. What war does Billy want to fight in?
(a) The French and Indian War.
(b) The Korean War.
9. What does Njiru cure a woman of in Dr. Rivers presence?
10. In Part 2, Chapter 9, what do the officers argue about over dinner?
(a) Who pays for the meal.
(b) What type of wine to order.
(c) Which soldier deserves a promotion.
(d) Why England is still at war.
11. Who did Geoffrey kill?
(b) A German soldier.
(c) His best friend.
(d) A French soldier.
12. Where do Elinor and Billy end up together in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) On a ship.
(b) In bed.
(c) In church.
(d) At tea.
13. Dr. Rivers becomes ill with what?
(a) The flu.
(b) Scarlet fever.
(d) Chicken pox.
14. What does Dr. Rivers see that causes him to start stammering?
(a) A painting of an amputation.
(b) A war zone.
(c) A woman being slapped.
(d) Someone cutting their tongue.
15. What does Dr. Rivers think of Geoffrey before he meets him?
(a) He would be a good subject for a paper.
(b) He should be put away.
(c) He will be cured in a day.
(d) He will be unlikeable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billy waiting for at the beginning of the novel?
2. What state of mind is Billy in when the novel opens?
3. What is the view from the officer's residence?
4. Who does Ada live with?
5. How long does it take for feeling to return to Moffet's legs?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)