|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Rivers think of Geoffrey before he meets him?
(a) He would be a good subject for a paper.
(b) He will be cured in a day.
(c) He should be put away.
(d) He will be unlikeable.
2. What does Billy do his last night in London?
(a) Goes to church.
(b) Visits Sarah.
(c) Attempts suicide.
(d) Goes out.
3. Billy thinks Hallet is too _____ to fight?
4. What does Geoffrey complain that he smells, at all times?
(a) Rotting flesh.
(d) His mother's perfume.
5. Who does Dr. Rivers help?
6. What war does Billy want to fight in?
(a) The Korean War.
(c) The French and Indian War.
7. Why is Billy sent back to England?
8. What is Billy waiting for at the beginning of the novel?
(a) To fly a fighter jet.
(b) An apology from his mistress.
(c) To return to France to fight.
(d) For a letter from his fiance.
9. In Part 2, Chapter 9, what do the officers argue about over dinner?
(a) Why England is still at war.
(b) Who pays for the meal.
(c) What type of wine to order.
(d) Which soldier deserves a promotion.
10. How long does it take for feeling to return to Moffet's legs?
(a) A couple of days.
(b) Two seconds.
(c) A month.
(d) Two years.
11. What kind of healer is Njiru?
(a) A witch doctor.
(b) The head of neurology.
(c) A faith healer.
(d) A reiki practicioner.
12. Where does Elinor have a room?
(a) The local boarding house.
(b) The mental institution.
(d) The barracks.
13. Where does Njiru meet Dr. Rivers?
(a) In the forest.
(b) On the ship.
(c) Outside a tent.
(d) At the shore.
14. How does Billy travel to France?
(a) By ship.
(b) He marches.
(c) By train.
(d) By plane.
15. What do the officers drink together on the porch?
(b) Iced tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the novel, what is Billy afraid of becoming?
2. How can the character Billy be described?
3. How does Billy feel about marriage?
4. Does Dr. Rivers want Billy to fight?
5. Dr. Rivers becomes ill with what?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)