Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Part 1 Chapter 1
1. Describe the character of Billy.
2. Why does Billy want to fight in the war?
3. Why does Billy try to downplay his asthma to the medical board?
4. Why is it ironic that Mitchell does not ask Billy about shell shock in front of the medical board?
Short Essay Question - Part 1 Chapter 2
5. Describe Dr. Rivers's childhood.
6. Where do Billy and Dr. Rivers meet?
7. Explain the health problem Moffet suffers from.
This section contains 826 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)