|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does blowing the conch shell do for the chief's widow?
(a) Acknowledges her love for the chief.
(b) Helps her select a new husband.
(c) Frees her from crouching.
(d) Sends her spirit to heaven.
2. What does Dr. Rivers see that causes him to start stammering?
(a) A woman being slapped.
(b) Someone cutting their tongue.
(c) A war zone.
(d) A painting of an amputation.
3. What image does Dr. Rivers remember at the end of Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) A cross on a hill.
(b) A dying soldier.
(c) A rose in the snow.
(d) A house of skulls.
4. What was Dr. Rivers called as a boy?
5. What does Ian Moffet suffer from?
(b) Hysterical paralysis.
(c) Split personality disorder.
(d) Cerebral palsy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sounds awakens Dr. Rivers when Ngea dies?
2. Who is Ethel to Catherine?
3. Who did Dr. Rivers travel with in the South Pacific?
4. What does Dr. Rivers feel for Billy?
5. Who is Dr. Rivers named after?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)