Part 1 Chapter 1
1. What state of mind is Billy in when the novel opens?
(a) Proud of himself for bravery.
(b) Excited to be married.
(c) Waiting for his life to start.
(d) He feels like the luckiest man on earth.
2. What is Billy waiting for at the beginning of the novel?
(a) To fly a fighter jet.
(b) An apology from his mistress.
(c) For a letter from his fiance.
(d) To return to France to fight.
3. Who does Billy run into prior to his medical exam?
(b) His mother.
(d) Dr. Rivers.
4. Where did Owen and Billy spend time in the past?
(c) Wanderlane Row.
(d) Toor fe Noir.
5. What does Billy try to hide from the doctor during his medical examination?
6. Who does Mitchell question Billy in front of?
(a) His mother.
(b) His fiancee.
(c) The captain.
(d) The military board.
7. Why is Billy sent back to England?
This section contains 3,464 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)