Part 1 Chapter 1
• Billy Prior awaits a medical exam in hope of returning to war.
• It is revealed that Billy is a fastidious character, not content with the direction of his life.
• During Billy's wait for a medical examination he encounters a fellow patient from his past at the mental facility.
• Billy argues with Dr. Mather about his ability to return to war.
• Billy appears in front of the medical board and pretends his asthma is not a problem.
Part 1 Chapter 2
• Dr. Rivers is introduced, caring for Ian Moffet's hysterical paralysis.
• It is revealed through Dr. Rivers's flashback that he had a privileged, but unhappy, childhood.
• Dr. Rivers prepares not to like the next soldier he will treat, Geoffrey Wansbeck.
• Wansbeck wins Dr. Rivers over with his kind personality.
• Dr. Rivers helps Wansbeck with the symptoms caused by guilt for killing a soldier.
Part 1 Chapter 3
• Billy receives word that...
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)