|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Eyes Sunk, Lips Dark Blue, how many sheep would the main livestock market at Smithfield regularly sell in two days?
2. In 1842, what was the average age of death for the well-to-do male?
3. In Eyes Sunk, Lips Dark Blue, with whom did Susannah Eley share a bottle of water from the Broad Street pump?
4. In Eyes Sunk, Lips Dark Blue, how many citizens were inmates at the St. James Workhouse?
5. In Eyes Sunk, Lips Dark Blue, how man dogs did a man at 38 Silver Street keep in one room?
6. In That Is To Say, Jo Has Not Yet Died, how long did it take the newapapers to report the cholera outbreak?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 3 days.
7. On September 4, what did Whitehead hear residents blaming as the cause of the cholera outbreak?
(c) Stench in the air.
(d) New sewers.
8. What did Whithead mix Broad Street water with at the end of The Investigator?
9. In The Night-Soil Men, what did the pure-finders collect?
(a) Human feces.
(b) Dog feces.
(c) Rat feces.
(d) Horse feces.
10. Where was St. Luke's Church located in Eyes Sunk, Lips Dark Blue?
(a) Hanover Street.
(b) Broad Street.
(c) Berwick Street.
(d) Regent Street.
11. In 1854 if a letter was sent by mail at 9 a.m., when would the recipient across town receive it?
(b) 10 a.m.
(c) 2 p.m.
(d) 1 p.m.
12. In the chapter that takes place on September 4, what corpses were disturbed when the new sewers were built?
(a) Victims of a cholera outbreak in 1840.
(b) Old graveyard.
(c) Victims of the Great Plague of 1665.
13. In Eyes Sunk, Lips Dark Blue, when was the first time that cholera was known to exist on British soil?
14. At the beginning of the 1800s, how much tea was imported to England?
(a) 7 tons.
(b) 5 tons.
(c) 6 tons.
(d) 4 tons.
15. When was the first demonstration of ether in Boston?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Eyes Sunk, Lips Dark Blue, with whom did Henry Whitehead share a room?
2. When did doctors begin recommending chloroform for the discomfort of childbirth?
3. How long did Queen Victoria inhale chloroform when she had her eighth child?
4. In The Investigator, when was the cholera outbreak that made curing cholera one of the most urgent medical riddles of the time?
5. In The Night-Soil Men, what did the toshers wear?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)