|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, September 4: That Is to Say, Jo Has Not Yet Died.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the chapter that takes place on September 4, what corpses were disturbed when the new sewers were built?
(b) Victims of a cholera outbreak in 1840.
(c) Old graveyard.
(d) Victims of the Great Plague of 1665.
2. In 1842 in Bethnal Green was was the average life expectancy for the working poor?
3. In The Investigator, how many blocks were ravished by cholera?
(a) 7 square blocks.
(b) 8 square blocks.
(c) 5 square blocks.
(d) 3 square blocks.
4. By September 4, how many workers at the Eley Brothers factory had gotten cholera?
(a) More than 2 dozen.
(d) About 20.
5. In Eyes Sunk, Lips Dark Blue, how many sheep would the main livestock market at Smithfield regularly sell in two days?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1842, what was the average age of death for the well-to-do male?
2. Which of Charles Dickens' novels had scene a where a team of toshers took coins from a corpse?
3. How old was Snow when he read John Frank Newton's 1811 manifesto "The Return to Nature: A Defense of the Vegetable Regimen"?
4. In Eyes Sunk, Lips Dark Blue, with whom did Susannah Eley share a bottle of water from the Broad Street pump?
5. When did cholera first appear in New York City?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)