|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, September 4: That Is to Say, Jo Has Not Yet Died.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the year 1000, how many people lived in Rome?
2. When long ago were composting pits used by the citizens of Knossos?
(a) 4,500 years.
(b) 7,500 years.
(c) 4,000 years.
(d) 8,000 years.
3. In Eyes Sunk, Lips Dark Blue, how many animals would a slaughterhouse at the edge of Soho on Marshall Street kill per day on average?
(a) 20 oxen and 23 sheep.
(b) 10 oxen and 12 sheep.
(c) 2 oxen and 6 sheep.
(d) 5 oxen and 7 sheep.
4. How long of a pole did toshers carry in The Night-Soil Men?
(a) 5 foot.
(b) 7 foot.
(c) 6 foot.
(d) 8 foot.
5. Which of Charles Dickens' novels had scene a where a team of toshers took coins from a corpse?
(a) Bleak House.
(b) Little Dorrit.
(c) Hard Times.
(d) Out Mutual Friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Night-Soil Men, how many corpses were packed into a burial ground in Islington?
2. In The Night-Soil Men, what hours did the night-soil men work?
3. When did the Earl of Craven purchase a block of land called Soho Field?
4. In The Investigator, when was the cholera outbreak that made curing cholera one of the most urgent medical riddles of the time?
5. By Sunday morning, how many people had died in the last 24hours?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)